A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The reflextion of the muscles was reflexed proximally to reflex and expose the radial bone proximall - sm

Posted: Jun 03, 2010

Is that correct?  For some unknown reason, reflex and reflect completely turn me into an idiot! I know this is not rocket science but boy do I get stumped with these 2!

First of all, let me just say... - TX-MT

[ In Reply To ..]
...this entire sentence really stinks.

Secondly, I do not believe there is any word spelled with both the X and T as you have it. It's "reflection" with a C.

Thirdly, I would have thought it was "reflected" and "reflect," but what do I know? We're not dealing with reflexes here, are we? We're talking about reflecting the muscles out of the way during surgery, right?

Fourth, I'm assuming/hoping you just accidentally left the Y off the end of "proximally" at the end of the sentence.

Don't you just love how they get so redundant, using different forms of the same word 3 or 4 times throughout the same sentence? Ugh! They could have just said, "The muscles were reflected proximally to expose the proximal radial bone." Maybe a form of "proximal" was required twice to show both the direction the muscles were reflected and what end of the bone was exposed, but all the reflection, reflected, reflect stuff was completely unnecessary. I don't envy you.

Similar Messages:

S/l Supiniting Muscles?
Mar 22, 2012

"shoulder shows atrophy of the *s/l supiniting* muscles."   I feel like he is talking about the supinator muscles, but I can't seem to find the vocabulary in the way he's saying it, or maybe he's saying something else. Would anyone have any thoughts or ideas? ...

Extraocular Movements/muscles - Your Shortcuts?
Jun 14, 2010

Of course, half of my doctors have to say movements and other half says muscles.  What are your shortcut abbreviations for the 2 different phrases "extraocular m_______s are intact"?  ...

Radial Pulse
Mar 14, 2011

Radial pulse is s/l "preddy." Lower extremities are without mottling.   Thanks for any help! ...

Waxed The Bone Isches With Bone Wax
Jun 01, 2015

Has anyone ever heard of the word bone isches. I am working on a spinal surgery and I can't seem to find the word isches. I am sure I am not hearing that right. Thanks for your help. ...

Amputation Radial Tear?
Dec 10, 2009

"Patient has had an s/l amputation radial tear of the posterior horn, which was treated with partial meniscectomy." That is what I am clearly hearing but I cannot reference that anywhere.  If it is correct, what is it? Also, DR states he showed the patient the "video prints" so that she understands.  I have never heard this before.  Is this photos from the surgery video? Thanks for any help! ...

*F____* Testing For Radial Tunnel Syndrome Is Negative. Thanks.nm
Jan 13, 2012

nm ...

Reflex Exam
Dec 02, 2009

There is positive s/l bobocavernosis response elicited. ...

Reflex Or Reflux
Jan 11, 2010

s/l reflex of patience and convalescence associated with surgery ...

Reflex To Ultrasound Or 2 Or II
Jun 24, 2015

Good afternoon.  Here is the sentence.  I cannot find a model number Reflex II, so is this some kind of procedure where the mammography goes "to" this Reichert Reflex screen maybe? For breast mass, we will order her mammogram with diagnostic bilateral Reflex "2" ultrasound ...

Entering Radial Arterial Line With Arrow And Dart Device
Apr 07, 2010

Does this sound right.  The doctor says "Using an arrow and s/l including a dart device, the radial artery was entered, and a wire was advanced..."  Thanks for helping!! ...

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
Oct 15, 2011

Has anyone heard of Eldridge score or Eldritch score for this disease?  I can't find it anywhere.  Thanks.   ...

Bilateral S/l Palm O Mental Release (reflex Exam) N/m
Oct 12, 2009

n/m ...

Tympanic Membranes Intact With (positive) Light Reflex?
Feb 26, 2012

...presents in a (busy clinic who comes?) established and to get help with his meds.    ENT: Tympanic membranes intact with (positive?) light reflex. S/L: Thyroid is without tenderness or mass. (Is this correct/makes sense?) HEART: No gallops, peri-rubs with rales. (Is this correct/makes sense?) CHEST: Symmetrical without mass or lymphadenopathy. (Is this correct/makes sense?)   Thank you.  ...

Ears Reveal Light Reflex To Be S/l: Sharp / Short?
Apr 12, 2012

Ears reveal light reflex to be s/l: sharp / short ?  ...

S/l Blastic Bone Spur Or Blastic Bone Spread?
Dec 28, 2009

anyone heard of this? Thanks, Abby ...

Bone On Bone
Oct 24, 2010

Is bone on bone contact hyphenated?  bone-on-bone? ...

Help With Bone Scan
May 25, 2010

Status post bone scan, 05/21/10, demonstrating: 1) linear uptake corresponding L5-S1 level consistent with subacute compression fracture; 2) additional uptake in the posterior midline L4-5, most likely due to pseudofacilitation of the spinous process with reactive marrow edema, consistent with Baastrup’s deformity; 3)...It really sounds more like pseudo facetization!  Any help would be appreciated.  ...

Bone Health
Sep 02, 2010

Under the impression and the "bone health" heading, the patient is said to have s/l "avortionate" problems - on ergocalciferol for vitamin D deficiency.  He is diagnosed with Gout, Crohn's, OA, inflammatory arthritis, and polyarthralgia/polymyalgia. ...

Parent Bone?
Oct 25, 2010

In a craniotomy, sounds like parent bone.  I found parent artery but not bone.  ...

S/l Wafe Of Bone
Mar 30, 2011

I am doing an arthroplasty of the index finger at the MP and PIP joints and the doc keeps saying "I took a 1-mm s/l wafe of bone"....it's not wave because I'm hearing the "f" sound in there.  Anything like this sound familiar?  He says it over and over. ...

??? Bone Bruise
Mar 31, 2011

The dictation is: "... reviewed his MRI which shows an ACL tear, coallative bone bruises, questionable posterior horn medial and lateral meniscus tears."  Any ideas? ...

Teachers Bone?
Oct 04, 2011

neuro report, "appears to be a bony lesion involving the base of the skull involving the teachers bone" can't find this anywhere, got any ideas?  thanks ...

Ethmoid Bone
May 02, 2012

Spicules of s/l agernazi bone within the anterior ethmoids were removed. ...

? Bone Cutter
Aug 21, 2012

The s/l Horsak bone cutter was used to transect the lesion at the margin of the scapular border transecting the periosteum of the scapular tip.   Procedure:  Removal of periosteal lipoma.     Thank you.   ...

***s/l Fee-b-x*** Bone Graft?...appreciate Any Help
Mar 06, 2013

nm ...

Bone Stalk
May 15, 2013

Dictator in surgery says, "attachment to acromion was easy, due to the hearty bone (s/l stock). Could it be stalk or stock? I have done orthopedics for years and haven't heard that particular term. ...

Need Help - Doc Says Five Five Bone Cutting Shaver...
Mar 05, 2010

how would you type this?  Any help appreciated - thanks! ...

TYPE OF BONE PUTTY
Mar 24, 2010

Anyone familiar with what s/l Acell or Asell bone putty - used in an interbody fusion?   ...

Air-bone (?) Conduction Intact.
Aug 12, 2010

Doctor dictates for Physical Examination: Ears:  TMs intact.  Hearing grossly intact.  "Air to bone" conduction intact. Is that transcribed "Air-bone"? ...

S/l Terpatanes Bone Scan
Aug 31, 2010

If symptoms persist, I think a s/l terpatanes bone scan may give us some evidence about whether this is coming loose or not. The patient has pain after a unicompartmental knee replacement. TIA. ...