A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Patient had amputation of toes, doc says heterogenous appearance and - shortcake

Posted: Feb 17, 2012

s/l gash shadowing within the soft tissue.  Gash shadowing?

gas shadowing - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Thank you so much! - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Toes Spared?
Aug 27, 2010

"She has pain in her feet and ankles.  She describes the pain as "lightning like."  Her toes are (s/l spared).  She has more pain than swelling..." ...

Bone Scan Findings Sounds Like Suprascan Or Superscan Appearance.
Mar 08, 2013

Bone scan.  He has diffuse metastatic disease involving the axial and appendicular skeleton with a super scan appearance.  ...

Psoriasis On The Fingers And Toes...
Aug 31, 2010

Under the physical exam,  Derm:  Dry, scaly psoriatic s/l leavings on the bilateral fingers. Nails:  No pitting.  Possible s/l onicolisis on the toes.  No capillary engorgement.   ...

The Kidneys Have A Thin Capsule. The Cortices Show (s/l Mamerrialy)of Normal Appearance.
Jun 08, 2010

The kidneys have a thin capsule. The cortices that show (s/l mamerrialy) of normal appearance. ...

So Much For Keeping Fingers And Toes Crossed!
Nov 18, 2009

The only jobs that were actualy transcription for me today were the worst 4 doctors on the planet!  I am pulling my hair out today over the 10 reports that had to be sent to the MMEs with all of the holes! Also, to the MME who corrected 1 of my reports: I know that numbers are not spelled out, however, the doctor said "325 one or two a day"   He did not say milligram, therefore, you are not supposed to leave 2 numbers next to eachother, so I spelled it out.  If I knew we w ...

S/l Peek A Boo Toes -see Entire Sentence In Message
Jan 27, 2014

Exam of lower feet reveal pes planovalgus with hindfoot valgus and "peek a boo" toes. ...

S/l Gray Amputation (sm)
Nov 04, 2009

He is talking about a toe amputation, but it sounds like he is saying "Left first gray amputation"  TIA ...

Amputation Question
Nov 04, 2010

X-ray of the right long finger shows a s/l transproximal interphalangeal joint disarticulation?  I can't find transproximal anywhere.  Any ideas?  Thanks. ...

Toilet Amputation
Jan 03, 2015

Does anybody know what a toilet amputation is? Here's the sentence - "The details, risks, alternatives and benefits of a toilet amputation were discussed..." Under the procedure performed section he also dictates "Open, (dictated comma) toilet left below-knee amputation."  Having a hard time finding much on Google. ...

Amputation Radial Tear?
Dec 10, 2009

"Patient has had an s/l amputation radial tear of the posterior horn, which was treated with partial meniscectomy." That is what I am clearly hearing but I cannot reference that anywhere.  If it is correct, what is it? Also, DR states he showed the patient the "video prints" so that she understands.  I have never heard this before.  Is this photos from the surgery video? Thanks for any help! ...

S/l Tergium Regarding Leg Deformity Needing Amputation
Dec 30, 2009

...told her that at this point with the amount of deformity there in the terguim that she has on the left side, that correction of this leg might be very difficult. This is a newborn baby patient. ...

Fishmail-type Incision For Second Toe Amputation
Aug 11, 2013

I don't know how to spell *fishmail* incision. ...

SR: She Denies Any Recent Nausea Experienced An Amputation.
May 16, 2012

nm ...

"Tongue Has A S/l Gworfitis Appearance."
Nov 14, 2009

This patient has a very sore throat and very red oral mucosa.  The doc says "The tongue has a s/l gworfitis appearance."  I am stumped.  This doctor is from India and does not tend to mix up "r" and "l" sounds as do some of the Asian dictators. Anyone know what this could be? I long for the days of "beefy red tongue"... ...

Lamisil "hundred Ninety" Topically To Toes
Oct 11, 2014

Dictating -----Lamisil "hundred ninety" topically to toes----please help ...

Status Post- Partial "audile" Amputation?
Jun 24, 2010

In the assessment, s/l status post partial "audile?" amputation of right thumb. It goes by so quickly, I can hardly say it sounds like "audile" because it's so garbled. Any help would be appreciated. TIA ...

Patient Scheduled For Shoulder Surgery - Patient Has Pacemaker
Sep 12, 2011

We will have the patient seen by anesthesia preop to make sure the pacemaker is properly cared for during the surgical procedure, which requires general anesthesia, and the use of the s/l **bovig** during the surgery.  Thanks!! ...

The Patient Is On S/l Peer-uh-lone And Digoxin (cardiac Patient)
Feb 09, 2015

thank you ...

Patient First Transcription - Ever Applied To Patient First
Aug 20, 2012

Has anyone ever applied to Patient First and, if so, how is this company to work for?  TIA ...

Cancer Patient With MPNST, Mucositis, Patient Takes "radio Mix???"
May 31, 2011

pulling her hair out ...

Patient Is Clearly A Man, Dr Says "The Patient Complains Of A Labial Outbreak Of Herpes."
Jan 27, 2011

thinking I should flag?  unless I'm missing something...   tia ...

The Patient Is To Followup With "FNG", Patient Had Back Surgery
Dec 05, 2009

???????? Never heard this?????? ...

Patient States Or Patient Said?
Aug 20, 2010

What is the correct, AAMT guideline way to transcribe when dictator states "Patient says" or "Patient said" or "Patient states" ...

Patient Name
Jun 03, 2010

If the client profile makes no mention of patient name (yes or no) being left in the report, account does not specify verbatim, is the ADHI/JCAHO directive to type the patient's name or replace with "the patient?"  Just checkin'.  Am paranoid about everything with the audits these days.  ...

Doc Says About Patient-
Sep 01, 2010

Man, I wish he was my doctor.  He seems to really care for his patients. ...

Patient Age
Jul 31, 2012

what is correct format when transcribing pt name:  16 1/2 years, 16.5 years, or sixteen and one-half years?  Thanks. ...

Patient Is A What?
Aug 05, 2012

I swear to all that is holy, this is what this less-than-stellar PA just dictated:   "The patient IS a high-risk gestational trophoblastic disease..."  I went back and listened thinking I must have heard wrong and she said patient HAS ... Nope.  She said IS.  This is the same PA who dictated a creatinine of 92 for someone.   That sound you hear is me hitting my head on the desk. ...

MS Patient
Sep 24, 2012

The sentence is: Relapsing-remitting MS with accumulated disability involving left hemiparesis, clincally stable on Tysabri and S/L JCE negative. I hear the negative part, not sure if he is saying JCE?  Thanks for any help! ...

Patient's Age
Sep 26, 2012

When given a young patient's age, one of my doctors will say "the patient is 9+11 years old."  I have never heard a patient's age dictated this way before and I'm just wondering if anyone else has.  ...

Patient First Pay
Feb 02, 2014

Has anyone worked for Patient First company? They have several urgent care clinics in eastern US. If so, may I ask your starting pay? Are they a good company to work for? Do they keep a FT position in plenty of work? Thanks ...