A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

SR: She denies any recent nausea experienced an amputation. - dictated: She should notify us immediately if any

Posted: May 16, 2012

nm

dictated: She should notify us immediately if any problems arise. - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Pt Denies S/L ?ersatiby? Or Dysphagia
Nov 17, 2009

NM ...

ROS: Denies Any *s/l Supple* Paresthesias. NM, TIA
Oct 10, 2011

Megestrol For Nausea?
Jul 02, 2012

Currently typing a GI report where omeprazole is dictated first. On second use, dictator starts to say omeprazole then corrects to Megestrol, which she says a male takes for nausea. She has repeated this medication about 6 times, all very clearly saying Megestrol, but that is a med for women with breast cancer or endometrial cancer. Is there another med I am confusing Megestrol with? Any thoughts would be very helpful. Thanks! ...

Nausea Medication
Aug 03, 2012

This is a drug for nausea in a chemotherapy patient, s/l ah-dan-sta-rone. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Nausea Vomiting?
Jun 02, 2013

like one word without a comma?  ASR never puts the comma in, and now I'm wondering if this is just considered a one thing instead of twp things.   ...

S/l: Asapex - PT/w Nausea - Dismissed On This Med - NM
May 24, 2012

NM ...

Tylenol For Nausea And Vomiting???
May 03, 2013

I'm editing a report loaded with stupid statements.  Has anyone ever heard of using Tylenol for nausea and vomiting?  This doctor is driving my nuts tonight. Thanks.  ...

There Is No *presop* Like Nausea. There Is No History Of Stroke?? Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2011

nm ...

S/l Gray Amputation (sm)
Nov 04, 2009

He is talking about a toe amputation, but it sounds like he is saying "Left first gray amputation"  TIA ...

Amputation Question
Nov 04, 2010

X-ray of the right long finger shows a s/l transproximal interphalangeal joint disarticulation?  I can't find transproximal anywhere.  Any ideas?  Thanks. ...

Toilet Amputation
Jan 03, 2015

Does anybody know what a toilet amputation is? Here's the sentence - "The details, risks, alternatives and benefits of a toilet amputation were discussed..." Under the procedure performed section he also dictates "Open, (dictated comma) toilet left below-knee amputation."  Having a hard time finding much on Google. ...

Patient Drinks Beer On A Daily Basis. Denies Any Alcohol Use.
Jan 22, 2011

nm ...

Amputation Radial Tear?
Dec 10, 2009

"Patient has had an s/l amputation radial tear of the posterior horn, which was treated with partial meniscectomy." That is what I am clearly hearing but I cannot reference that anywhere.  If it is correct, what is it? Also, DR states he showed the patient the "video prints" so that she understands.  I have never heard this before.  Is this photos from the surgery video? Thanks for any help! ...

S/l Tergium Regarding Leg Deformity Needing Amputation
Dec 30, 2009

...told her that at this point with the amount of deformity there in the terguim that she has on the left side, that correction of this leg might be very difficult. This is a newborn baby patient. ...

Fishmail-type Incision For Second Toe Amputation
Aug 11, 2013

I don't know how to spell *fishmail* incision. ...

Patient Had Amputation Of Toes, Doc Says Heterogenous Appearance And
Feb 17, 2012

s/l gash shadowing within the soft tissue.  Gash shadowing? ...

Has Anyone Experienced...
Apr 12, 2010

I was wondering if anyone has expereinced having applied to an advertisement for a transcription job with any particular MTSO, receiving an "invitation to test" at around midnight, and then attempting to take the test.  What I found when attempting to take the "transcription test", was an hour and a half of written test, not a voice file transcription test, with very detailed questions.  I spent an hour and a half taking this test and checking every answer on the internet, whether I th ...

To VERY Experienced MTs
Feb 21, 2012

I have about 25 years in MT, owning a MTS and filling other roles in the field as well. Frequently on this board I read the frustrated posts from those with 20 to 30 years of experience who have submitted resumes/applications but do not hear back from the hiring company.  A couple of times I have suggested that OVERQUALIFICATION may explain the lack of call back.  Both times I was personally verbally attacked on this board, with the notion called "ridiculous" and "absurd." ...

Which Course For Experienced Nurse
Aug 11, 2010

I am looking into MT programs and wondering about one which advertises that it is geared to nurses: MT@Home Medical Transcription. It costs significantly less than the three programs which I see referenced quite a bit  -Andrews, M-Tec and Career Step, but it seems like these programs involve so much material that I already know. Years ago I did transcription for nurses, I've worked in hopitals/home and office environments as a nurse (also years ago) and I worked in pharmaceutical sales ...

Advice From The Experienced?
Jul 28, 2011

I am a newbie MT and wanted some advice from those of you more experienced than I. Today, every single dictation I have had is from a foreign doctor..the latest one said (not kidding) toe bec abu in da pa...which I finally made out to be tobacco abuse in the past. My line count is horrible! How do you compensate for reports like this that take a long time, while maintaining a decent line count? Thanks. ...

Is 14 Cpl Fair For Experienced IC?
Mar 28, 2012

I have been an IC for over 5 years and have decided to increase my rates from 12 cpl to 14 cpl.  In doing that, one of my doctors is thinking about replacing me.  I thought 14 cpl was a fair rate.  What does everyone else think? ...

I Think That All/most Of The Good, Experienced MTs
Mar 01, 2015

are going to end up quitting as soon as they possibly can, leaving behind a ton of newbies that will be super EASY to catch errors on (sorry newbies but you know it's true---it was true of myself when I was new).  And the newbies won't complain about getting 7 cpl EVERY week.  How's THAT for patient safety for ya? ...

Status Post- Partial "audile" Amputation?
Jun 24, 2010

In the assessment, s/l status post partial "audile?" amputation of right thumb. It goes by so quickly, I can hardly say it sounds like "audile" because it's so garbled. Any help would be appreciated. TIA ...

Experienced But Feeling Like A Newbie!
Sep 12, 2011

I have been a transcriptionist for the past 10 years, working in cardiology, acute care and now radiology. I do radiology part-time from home right now and most shifts I do not even average minimum wage because of a shortage of work. The company I work for is small and works two typists per shift when there is only enough work for one. It is so frustrating! I have sent out about 20 resumes in the last couple of weeks and haven't heard a word from anyone. It used to be so easy to get a job b ...

Are Experienced MTs Finding Work Now Or Is There
Jan 05, 2012

not much out there. ...

Experienced MT Needing Work
Jan 10, 2012

I've been reading about various companies out there and wondering which ones are good and which ones to stay away from. Thanks!    ...

Hourly Wage As Experienced MTs At $.08/65 CPL
Jun 18, 2012

I'm just trying to figure out what the hourly wage might be for an "experienced"  MT if they were to start making $.08 per 65 cpl if they had a pretty good account and could type 75 words per minute.....and just an estimate would be appreciated...Thank you for your input. ...

I Have An Idea And Need A Couple Of Experienced
Oct 17, 2012

I would like to open a dialogue with 2 or 3 individuals with a minimum of 15 years experience in the field of medical transcription.  There is an alternative to explore in terms of taking back our profession and our livelihoods, and I need a couple of people knowledgeable in our field to brainstorm an idea with me.  No naysayers, please.  I want to talk to people who have not already given up on MT and are willing to think outside the box with me to seriously consider the feasibil ...

Another Experienced MT Fired From MModal
Feb 27, 2014

Sixteen years through various company takeovers, valued myself as extremely proficient, kept to the background, did my part in the team effort w/extra hours worked through countless holidays (what's a holiday?), parent illnesses, death, children's college, spousal layoffs, etc.  Watched in horror as my career was shredded with more and more condescending nonsense from QA to "classes," redundant pep rally conference calls, all leading to an after-shift (oh yes, I worked yesterday) ...

A Question For Experienced Coders
Mar 14, 2014

What are you thoughts on coders being paid on production/by the chart? As a recent graduate who is continuously learning, I just don't see how this could be a good thing, but maybe I'm wrong. Please - no bashing. I am just curious on opinions of seasoned coders. Thank you for any input. ...