A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Pt has a "throm and topical pad" applied to chest wall drain. - traci

Posted: Aug 08, 2011

She does demonstrate some previous bleeding from the posterior chest wall drain site that has a stitch in place currently.  She has a thrombotopical pad applied to her anterior chest wall drain site. 

thrombin topical pad. Thrombi-Pad nm - CrispyCritterMT

[ In Reply To ..]
X

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Similar Messages:

Tenderness To Palpation In The Right Anterior Medial Chest Wall. Is It Anteromedial Or As Typed? T
Mar 27, 2011

xx ...

S/l "pexied" The Port To The Chest Wall
Dec 09, 2010

Doing an operative report with a portacath placement into the chest...any help would be much appreciated!  Is "pexied" slang and is it the right word here? ...

S/l Topical SAV??
Oct 08, 2011

The sentence is:  He has not used any type of topical _____, etc. in this area. Maybe he is using an abbreviation, but it sounds like SAV.  The patient has a skin rash.  I feeling like putting the word ointment, but clearly he is saying sav. Thanks for your help!    ...

TOPICAL ANTIBIOTIC
Sep 08, 2010

Is anyone familiar with a topical antibiotic that s/l Santeel? or Santheel?  A lady was trying to treat an abscess with it. ...

LNX Topical Anesthetic?
Oct 25, 2010

LNX or L&X or ?  used prior to facial laser Active FX treatment ...

Topical Ointment Name
Jan 26, 2012

Under medications, he dictates some topical ointments and I cannot figure out one of them.  It sounds like he is saying "zev-i-esc" any ideas? thanks! ...

Topical S/l Penrose For Onychomycosis
Mar 05, 2010

nm ...

Topical Osteoarthritis Treatment
Sep 06, 2010

The patient has osteoarthritis in fingers, given topical s/ six or zix to apply.  Help appreciated! ...

What Kind Of Topical Solution???
Dec 15, 2010

The patient is going in for a myringotomy and he is to be treated with something that sounds like "bonean" topical solution.  Any idea what this might be?  ...

Topical Derm Trmt
May 06, 2011

S/L a-sen-ya ...

Topical Antifungal S/l Aravast Or Alavast
Mar 16, 2014

The patient has venous stasis and cellulitis in her leg.  Prescription for topical antifungal that s/l aravast....alavast....alabast?  Help, please.  ...

Pt With Mycosis Fungoides On S/l Carmel 10 Topical Cream.
Jul 26, 2011

? ...

HAP Drain?
Feb 27, 2012

Can't seem to find an "HAP" drain.  I am sure I heard correctly.  "She has an HAP drain in place, which she has been taught how to empty." ...

Up Against The Wall
Apr 11, 2010

No viable options.  STUCK!   Can't move.  Can't progress.   Can't do work.  Don't know what to do AT ALL.  Signed off my shift in exactly this situation.  This happened a couple of nights ago.  Now it's being demanded that I sign a Written Warning which mis-states the cause for action, and I have refused to sign it.  Conference call on Monday.  Details follow: Never ONE TIME in over ten years of working for Med ...

Drain Type
Nov 24, 2009

Is it a Stavol or Stadol drain? Surgery is appendectomy and I cannot find either on google. ...

Drain Tubes?
Dec 03, 2010

I'm typing an operative report...the doctor recorder is playing VERY fast and I'm trying to decipher what she's saying. 'Two mediastinal drain tubes were brought in from the subxiphoid region, the tip of the left side directly under the thoracic cavity' ...

S/l Camino Drain
Apr 16, 2011

The patient underwent a temporal lobectomy and also had a decompressive laminectomy and s/l Camino drain placement.    ...

Surgical Drain
Apr 20, 2011

OR report for lumbar laminectomy.  A S/L DP Mac Drain was placed overlying the laminectomy site at L5-S1 and a superficial Hemovac was placed in the subcutaneous tissues as well. Thanks in advance... ...

Snyder Drain ?
Jul 30, 2013

snider or snyder drain? Thanks :) ...

There Is A New Kind Of Drain Out There
Feb 06, 2015

NOT.... Dictated: required her placement onto midodrine ASR: required her placmeent on tomato drain. Folks, you can't make this stuff up ...

Hitting A Wall
Apr 20, 2010

I am having such difficulty concentrating today.  All these ASR charts with at least 4-5 corrections per sentence.  What a waste.  Probably minimum wage today.  My dog used to listen to me vent when no one else was around, wagged her tail and put her head on my lap as I typed, but she had to be put down in Feb:( Sorry, just needed to vent to someone who understands, unlike my DH, kids and all my friends who think I have a great job working at home!  I guess it ...

I Think The Writing Is On The Wall For Me
Dec 04, 2012

Okay, so I know what has been happening the past few months, but since it didn't affect me directly, I just kinda put it out of my mind.  But since the first of the month, my BOB is out of work during my shift (late afternoon/early evening).  This has never happened before.  Wondering if it is because daytime people are switching to later hours or my work is going overseas?  Not NJA yet, just unfamiliar work for the majority of my shift.  If this is how it's go ...

Canal Wall Down
Dec 31, 2012

Is "canal wall down" ever hyphenated? ...

Gallbladder S/l Bili Drain
Nov 03, 2009

The patient underwent interventional procedures including chest tubes and a gallbladder s/l bili drain. ...

Flapjack Compressed Drain?
Nov 12, 2010

it sounds like: A 10 mm flapjack compressed drain was brought up through a separate stab wound incision... ...

Are Transcription Jobs Going Down The Drain?
Oct 25, 2012

I work at home for the local hospital/clinic and have for the last 12 years doing transcription.  Now all of a sudden we switched to a new system and a lot of the doctors are doing voice recognition and we are doing more editing of reports than typing.  Also, I used to work a solid 8 hours a day from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.  Now I have to get up at 4 a.m. to grab work till about 8 a.m., and then there is no work till around noon.  Even after that it is sporadic, hit and miss.&nbs ...

DocQScribe 6.1 - The Writing Is On The Wall!
Sep 03, 2010

I just took the online training today and did my first reports using 6.1.  The writing is definitely on the wall.  They are on their way to eliminating the need for MT's.  It's just a matter of time.  We are tightening our own noose every time we edit one of those reports.  This is definitely a catch-22. ...

Occupy Wall Street
Oct 14, 2011

Would YOU like to join me in the worldwide Occupy Wall Street movement?  We will participate in our respective locales.  We have had a lot of talk about organizing a walk-out day on the MTSOs.  Let's take this opportunity to meet while at the same time pooling our efforts with others who share similar struggles as us!  Let's dispense with the talking and start doing and put our money where our mouths are.  If you are interested in joining me, by all ...

Banging My Head Against The Wall
Feb 27, 2012

I keep getting dinged for comma usage, and I'm not one to overuse them, though I fully support the use of an Oxford comma.  I am old school, and I've been taught the following about commas 1)  They go before a conjunction when what could be complete sentence follows. 2)  They do not go before or after (unless there is a strange circumstance, i.e, "indeed" or some such wording thrown in) a conjunction w/o a complete sentence following it. My hospitals are "modified ver ...

I'm Hitting The Proverbial Wall
Nov 11, 2014

Lately, I've been checking my hourly production, every hour on the hour.  For my first hour of work this morning, I stayed completely focused, no distractions except getting a quick cup of coffee (in the same room as my work desk) but quickly sat right back down again and went right back to work.  What was my hourly rate of production for that hour?  $7.42.  Yes, I said I earned a whopping $7.42 in a solid hour of intense concentration and focus.  I also noticed ...