A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I think the writing is on the wall for me - anontoo

Posted: Dec 04, 2012

Okay, so I know what has been happening the past few months, but since it didn't affect me directly, I just kinda put it out of my mind.  But since the first of the month, my BOB is out of work during my shift (late afternoon/early evening).  This has never happened before.  Wondering if it is because daytime people are switching to later hours or my work is going overseas?  Not NJA yet, just unfamiliar work for the majority of my shift.  If this is how it's going to be, I am outta here, the last straw.  This work was at least bearable before, but now it's the cesspool.  Bye bye MM.

The writing - has

[ In Reply To ..]
been on the wall ever since VR came out. Real sweatshop labor. Yep, I'm out of here too. This company has destroyed our career.

Check out Docqmanage. That will tell you if OS has it or just - more US MTs. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

where does it tell you that? - all I see is how many jobs, not who has them

[ In Reply To ..]
??

LP transcription is OS workers. Click job audit and you can see who - has assigned jobs. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
is that for MMEs only? - dont have audit button
[ In Reply To ..]
strange
Not sure but I am an MME. Click on a job, on left at bottom is - job audits, that gives job history. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
when I go into job summary - it only shows jobs not done
[ In Reply To ..]
I dont see jobs that were done already, or who it was done by. I only see jobs that are not done.
Yes. If jobs are in LP transcription, that is OS. Click on total jobs, - then you can click on indiv. jobs SM
[ In Reply To ..]
then click job audit and that will show who that assigned job is checked out to. If job is unassigned, it is just sitting there waiting. But LP transcription, is only OS work.
still lost... no LP transcription, no OS, - dont see assigned jobs
[ In Reply To ..]
just unassigned.
Well, I am clueless. I am MME so maybe that is the deciding - factor here, where you can get to or not. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
MMEs have more options in DQM - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
If no jobs, does it matter who is getting them? OS or newbies, - whoever. Sadly, it isnt you getting them. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

late afternoon/early evening - Sounds like its going overseas - and they are routing you work from helper pool.

[ In Reply To ..]
There is no work on my usual accounts early in the morning anymore and there use to be work around the clock, constantly busy and in overtime. Now the work does'nt start to trickle in until after a certain time in the mornings, but we were actually told our work went overseas, so no guessing there.

Similar Messages:

DocQScribe 6.1 - The Writing Is On The Wall!
Sep 03, 2010

I just took the online training today and did my first reports using 6.1.  The writing is definitely on the wall.  They are on their way to eliminating the need for MT's.  It's just a matter of time.  We are tightening our own noose every time we edit one of those reports.  This is definitely a catch-22. ...

The Writing Is On The Wall. Article From Researchers Regarding Outsourcing.
Feb 25, 2013

I have been doing transcription for almost 2 decades, pretty soon my children in their early 20s will be making more money than I am, made decision to go back to school in my 40s for a new career, no choice.  Clip from article. "US corporations justify their offshore operations as essential to gain a foothold in emerging Asian markets. The Hira brothers believe this is self-delusion. “There is no evidence that they will be able to outcompete local Chinese and Indian companies, ...

Up Against The Wall
Apr 11, 2010

No viable options.  STUCK!   Can't move.  Can't progress.   Can't do work.  Don't know what to do AT ALL.  Signed off my shift in exactly this situation.  This happened a couple of nights ago.  Now it's being demanded that I sign a Written Warning which mis-states the cause for action, and I have refused to sign it.  Conference call on Monday.  Details follow: Never ONE TIME in over ten years of working for Med ...

Writing Prn
Jan 13, 2015

what is the correct way to write prn? I seen it as prn, PRN, and p.r.n.? ...

Hitting A Wall
Apr 20, 2010

I am having such difficulty concentrating today.  All these ASR charts with at least 4-5 corrections per sentence.  What a waste.  Probably minimum wage today.  My dog used to listen to me vent when no one else was around, wagged her tail and put her head on my lap as I typed, but she had to be put down in Feb:( Sorry, just needed to vent to someone who understands, unlike my DH, kids and all my friends who think I have a great job working at home!  I guess it ...

Canal Wall Down
Dec 31, 2012

Is "canal wall down" ever hyphenated? ...

Technical Writing- SM
Oct 05, 2010

Does anyone know about the field of technical writing?  It seems like it would be a logical next step for us.  Just wonder if anyone knows how hard it would be to get into that field, do you get to work at home, and so on.  I'm 50 years old and wonder if its just too late for a career change, but doing this MT/editing stuff for the next 15 years. . . ???? ...

Who Is Writing An Essay
Apr 24, 2012

I don't write essays very well, but this could get interesting. I'm mostly interested in the "How I Do It" essay. Maybe I could learn how to do this more efficiently...I don't particularly want to be mentored, so reading an essay might give me some better ideas. ...

Writing Times
May 08, 2012

Doctor dictated: Start time: 03/21/2012, 091446. What would be the correct way to write the time portion? ...

Writing A Number
Sep 16, 2014

Okay doctor states "white count is 13.8 thousand"  Any input on how that should be written?  Looks so strange to me.  Thanks peeps :) ...

Occupy Wall Street
Oct 14, 2011

Would YOU like to join me in the worldwide Occupy Wall Street movement?  We will participate in our respective locales.  We have had a lot of talk about organizing a walk-out day on the MTSOs.  Let's take this opportunity to meet while at the same time pooling our efforts with others who share similar struggles as us!  Let's dispense with the talking and start doing and put our money where our mouths are.  If you are interested in joining me, by all ...

Banging My Head Against The Wall
Feb 27, 2012

I keep getting dinged for comma usage, and I'm not one to overuse them, though I fully support the use of an Oxford comma.  I am old school, and I've been taught the following about commas 1)  They go before a conjunction when what could be complete sentence follows. 2)  They do not go before or after (unless there is a strange circumstance, i.e, "indeed" or some such wording thrown in) a conjunction w/o a complete sentence following it. My hospitals are "modified ver ...

I'm Hitting The Proverbial Wall
Nov 11, 2014

Lately, I've been checking my hourly production, every hour on the hour.  For my first hour of work this morning, I stayed completely focused, no distractions except getting a quick cup of coffee (in the same room as my work desk) but quickly sat right back down again and went right back to work.  What was my hourly rate of production for that hour?  $7.42.  Yes, I said I earned a whopping $7.42 in a solid hour of intense concentration and focus.  I also noticed ...

Writing Out Gravida, Para
May 24, 2010

Doctor says:  G2, P2-0-0-2. How would it be written out? Do I have the format correct, or would it be: G2, P 2-0-0-2? ...

Writing Axis Numbers
Dec 05, 2011

is  it six o'clock axis or 6 o'clock axis and then what is the correct way of 6:30 o'clock axis or six-thirty o'clock axis or is it 6:30 axis or six-thirty axis?????  Whew!!! ...

Would Someone With Writing Skills Please Create A -sm
Mar 04, 2015

descriptive narrative for the MTs who have or will be leaving this company, to go along with the ones we recieve when the VP and such leave.  I mean really..we need to be ackowledged for our committment, dedication, accomplishments, etc.  Sarcasim is encouraged! ...

Nuance Is Like Beating Your Head Against A Wall
Aug 17, 2011

Both feel so good when you just stop. I gave them a shot but I just cannot take it anymore.   It's like being set up to fail on a daily basis.  ...

Tuwal, 2-wall, Toowal Protocol?
May 18, 2015

Patient hospitalized with pancratitis, pancytopenia with macrocytosis, alcohol withdrawal, hypophosphatemia, hypoalbuminemia & macrocytic anemia.  S/L "2-wall protocol". Thanks for suggestions.  ...

When Writing A Medication List Do I Put Commas?
Aug 26, 2010

When writing a medication list do I put commas? 1. Xanax 1 mg dispensed #64 sig one tablet three times a day no refills. 2. Prozac 40 mg #30 sig one tablet daily no refills. 3. Stelazine 2 mg #60 sig one tablet twice a day with no refills. ...

Company Unwilling To Put Compensation In Writing
Dec 17, 2011

Nuance is stating that they are unable to put their new compensation/incentive program in writing because it is "propriety information." Is that even legal? Don't you have the right to have your compensation in writing? ...

Blank S/l Writing, Riding, Raggeding ??
Jan 05, 2013

He has been _________ down his diabetes in a staggered fashion now and is doing fairly well there. He comes in with a high blood pressure which is improved after repeat check. ...

Has Anyone Thought About Writing A Letter To The President?
Jun 22, 2014

Not necessarily pen and paper, but I saw where one can email the President.  I don't know if anyone has done this or not regarding the sad state of affairs our profession has become, but it might be worth a try.  I will do it even if no one else does.  I mean, what could it hurt?  Of course, it would be in a respectful way and all.  Otherwise, I will see the men in the dark suits at my door.  I will explain about what it used to be like and then what it has bec ...

Op Note: Colon Was S/l *socked* To Abdominal Wall Nm
Jul 21, 2011

full context:  There was no evidence of intraabdominal contamination, although the sigmoid colon was socked to the left lateral abdominal wall. Is that right, socked? ...

Hey, Forget All You Guys, I Am Writing Me One Heck Of An Essay.
Mar 22, 2010

Hey, MQ, Oh I love FRT this week, but after April 2, 2010 all bets are off baby!!!!!    I love FTR.  I love it.  No really.  I do.  I like it because, um, it is like a bright shiny star in the sky.  Or, um, maybe, I like it because it rolls like a bowling ball!!  Yeah!! That's the ticket!  Rollin along with FTR, like a bowling ball, like a pool ball, like the big blue ball that is earth, like the round ball classic, like the wheels on an 1 ...

Inquiring Old Minds Want To Know. Are We Back To Writing Out Numbers 1-10 Now? Sm
Mar 28, 2011

This is one of the endless list of reasons why I get so fed up with Benchmark and so called "rules".   Forever I was always taught to write out numbers 1-10 in text; but then Benchmark guidelines  (and MQ followed thereafter) that we were to use numeric nomenclature; that is unless the two (or is it 2) numbers appeared next to each other.   So all you 300 lph people who say they are 100% accurate on their reports, what IS the correct way now?   I just got ...

Writing On A *hoit* Board - Patient Is A Quadraplegic. Thanks. Nm
Dec 27, 2011

nm ...

Direct Action Letter Writing Campaign For
May 18, 2012

MT Week (that begins Sunday) and what working MTs actually bring to "patient safety." Let us take meaningful action today and this weekend to regain MT Week as a week that TRULY recognizes the working MT. Ship Letters to the Editor off electronically and by snail mail to your local papers for publication in their print and online editions. AHDIs theme this year is "patient safety" in case you didn't know. What a joke and so self-serving! How about a theme of "The MTSO How-To Guide To Ensu ...

Direct Action Letter Writing Campaign
May 20, 2012

It looks like I will be the 1st to post a letter to the editor that is going out. I will be hitting everywhere from the East Coast to the West coast and everywhere in between! Read on and feel free to edit for your own letters. Medical Transcriptionist Week (MT Week) began this past Sunday, May 20, 2012. The idea is to recognize and reward MTs over the course of a single week. The theme this year is Patient Safety. MTs all across the country, and in fact, around the world are transcribing your ...

STANDALONE MACRO WRITING PROGRAMS/SOFTWARE
Jun 04, 2012

hello, i like to automate or "macro-ize" every single step of the transcription process. every second counts!  however, i cannot choose a macro program (free or for a charge) that works the most efficiently for MTs and does not interfere with any platforms which often have macros written into them.  the easier it is to program and use, the better.  for instance, trying to write a series of macros in MS Word has the potential of botching up many platform macros--and could ...

Writing Letter Of Apology To Client On Behalf
Jul 11, 2013

I have decided that I am going to write a letter directly to my account. I want to apologize to them for the decreased quality of my work and the potential negative impact that it might have on patient care.  (We are afterall told constantly how we need to improve) I plan on touching base on the increased demand for more lines per hour and how it negatively impacts our accuracy.  Also, the decrease in our pay and how that has forced us to produce more and more  ...