A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Occupy Wall Street - Movement

Posted: Oct 14, 2011

Would YOU like to join me in the worldwide Occupy Wall Street movement?  We will participate in our respective locales. 

We have had a lot of talk about organizing a walk-out day on the MTSOs.  Let's take this opportunity to meet while at the same time pooling our efforts with others who share similar struggles as us!  Let's dispense with the talking and start doing and put our money where our mouths are. 

If you are interested in joining me, by all means post or email... 

I look forward to the naysayers!  Anyone and everyone feel absolutely and completely free to post any naysaying too! 

Thank you.......sm - Old Woman

[ In Reply To ..]
but no thanks.

In order to "put my money where my mouth is" I would have to still have a job in order to have the money to do so. Sorry, but I like my job and what it means in the big scheme of patient care, not to mention the paycheck I receive every two weeks, to risk it on something that is not going to amount to a hill of beans.

But....hey....knock yourselves out....

Ditto - and co-sign

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I am SO there! Tomorrow is Oct. 15, a global - day of Occupation. It will - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
not only be exciting, but with all the discussion groups and mini think-tanks that form at these rallies, there will be lots of ideas to be heard, and lessons to be learned.

The Occupy Wall St. / Occupy Together movements gives me something I haven't had in a long, long time. HOPE!

- Meerkat

Movement, don't let the naysayers get you down. - When people want to make a change -

[ In Reply To ..]
even if it's a change for the better, there are always people who fear it because it takes them out of their comfort zone.

Why sitting in front of a blank computer screen with "NJA" written on it all day, makes one feel comfortable, I don't know. I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't have "NJA" very often, but I could type until my fingers bled, and I would still not make enough money to eat on. That is my DISCOMFORT level!

The dawn of a new era in the US that condemns and pushes aside the status-quo of GREED is making me feel just a little bit more comfortable about the future.

We literally ARE putting our money where our mouths are, because we're going to have to do without tomorrow's wages, paltry they as they may be.

But what you and I, and thousands of others, stand to learn from our experiences with OWS will likely be priceless.

I may be old, but I'm not going to sit in my rocking chair waiting to die, and pooh-poohing a citizens' revolution whose time has been long past due.

I don't fear it........... SM - Old Woman

[ In Reply To ..]
and I resent the fact that you imply I or any other "naysayer" feel that way.

I just don't think there will be much to come out of this for the medical transcription industry and am not willing to risk my job for something that won't amount to anything.

Perhaps there is some hope for other industries, like BoA, or maybe not. I will be watching and interested to see the results (fallout) of this "revolution."

I hope there's LOTS of "fallout". And if we do - nothing, we ARE risking our jobs. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Worrying about losing one's job, especially when it's one as crummy as ours, IS fear.
Sorry, but the only way to - Cynical ex-hippie
[ In Reply To ..]
"fight Wall Street" is to quit buying junk at Wal-Mart, driving giant vehicles, demanding expensive medical care, drinking Coke and eating McDonald's, using an I-Phone and computer, living in huge houses and on and on. Oh, and almost forgot the 2 (the ones we hear the most about) insanely costly wars this country has been engaged in for over 10 years, yet where are the protesters in front of the Pentagon?

I have already learned to live with and be happy with less, and been committed to this philosophy for years. Call it Tea Party, Occupy Wall Street or whatever, the ultimate goal is to have more money which the majority will continue use to feed to their corporate masters, and nothing will really ever change.
Actually, the next move in that department is planned - for November 5th, regardless - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
where marches and occupations should happen to go, and even if they disappear.

Nov. 5th is Transfer Your Bank Account Day. Everyone fed up with business as usual at the mega-banks is encouraged to transfer their accounts to small community banks or credit unions.

Ideally it will be set so that the new accounts are already set in place, and then everyone transfers their money on the 5th. I do have some concern it might max out or shut down their financial software, though, so I'm taking mine out sooner, especially since I was planning on doing it anyway, before OWS even existed. The fact that this is happening at the exact same time I was going to take my money out anyway, just makes it all the more satisfying to do so.
omg, why not just hire a hacker to mark all bills PAID IN FULL? - small msg
[ In Reply To ..]
You can't fix a mess by making one. The gov't proved that already and LOOK where we are now.

nope! not even a movement, no focus, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and no similarity to our plight. No matter the age, youthful ignorance IMHO.

How is job loss, wage cuts, offshoring - CEOs getting rich

[ In Reply To ..]
Not similar to the plight of the medical transcriptionists? Those wage cuts are going directly to your "bosses" the CEOs. The money you contribute to your 401K may as well be sent directly to the hedge fund managers (and the politicians who are in their pockets) to eliminate the middleman.

If you really feel your plight isn't related to the - plight of everyone else protesting, -

[ In Reply To ..]
then I feel sorry for you. What's happening in MT is happening to others as well, just in slightly different ways. But it all boils down to the same thing - stuff the CEOs' pockets, and too darn bad for the workers who earned that money for them.

OWS will very soon have blood on its hands. - Dish

[ In Reply To ..]
Getting rid of our leftist leader and putting in a real-world problem solver will halt OWS who will just move on to the next riot, but left unchecked, they will fuel into a frenzy and tie into world unrest. In the meantime, our leader wants to Occupy Africa, not Wall Street, and is sending in troops without consulting Congress today. And isn't it ironic, he will announce his candidancy at Bank of America stadium this summer and raise record millions from Wall Street.

We've been sending in troops to Africa for - Hope

[ In Reply To ..]
for quite some time, with the approval of Congress.

There is so much to protest at the local level, yet very few do so. Nearby, there is a town that has spent millions of taxpayer's money building a stadium. It is bringing in no money, in fact, it has cost more to power, provide police for, etc, yet the council just voted to spend another $25 million on it. This is in a small town in New York State. Five members of the semi-pro team were found living in the locker room - IOW, they're homeless. Where was outcry?

The "Big Stadium" thing is about to happen in - Sacramento, too. The already - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
have a perfectly good arena. But their spoiled-brat basketball team, the Kings, wants a shiny-new stadium that'll cost millions upon millions to build, or they keep threatening to relocate to another city. I say let the poor little crybabies go!

That's another part of the super-rich I'm sick of hearing about - all these spoiled rich team sports athletes who seem to think the fact that they can pitch a baseball, catch a football, or dunk a basketball into a little hoop make their worth their obscene salaries and ridiculous demands when it comes to constantly tearing down perfectly good sports arenas and building new ones.

The Central Valley has one of the highest foreclosure rates in the nation, and what Sacramento county needs right now isn't a multimillion dollar sports arena, it needs a place for all their newly-homeless to live.

And the US corporate system doesn't? LOL! - nmsg

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Loving "Occupy Wall Street."
Oct 05, 2011

"Occupy Wall Street" is coming to a city near you.  It is spreading all across the country.  I was shocked to find out the city I live in which is very democratic will be protesting this Thursday.  Occupy Wall Street protesting is spreading like wildfire.  Hey higher ups!  "PEOPLE BEFORE PROFITS" "MADE IN AMERICA" "STOP OUTSOURCING". Transcriptionists are not the only one who agrees with this.  THE COUNTRY IS ON FIRE AND SPREADING.  LOOKS LIKE UNITED STAT ...

Interesting - Check Out The Info On Occupying Wall Street
Oct 06, 2011

This is interesting info:  insiders/morningstar.com shows "MQ suit earnings"    Name/Title   2005 2006 2007 2008 2009                                 Key Executive Compensation   - - 292,707 1,485,258 2,858,899                   Salary   - - 229,250 810 ...

Street Drug Name
Dec 01, 2009

Help!  am trying to do psyc eval on teenager.  What is the drug LVX?  "has been experimenting with LVX and other drugs." I can't seem to find it online or on illegal drug websites to verify. ...

,Anyone Heard Of The Back Street Corp?
Feb 06, 2014

. ...

Up Against The Wall
Apr 11, 2010

No viable options.  STUCK!   Can't move.  Can't progress.   Can't do work.  Don't know what to do AT ALL.  Signed off my shift in exactly this situation.  This happened a couple of nights ago.  Now it's being demanded that I sign a Written Warning which mis-states the cause for action, and I have refused to sign it.  Conference call on Monday.  Details follow: Never ONE TIME in over ten years of working for Med ...

Hitting A Wall
Apr 20, 2010

I am having such difficulty concentrating today.  All these ASR charts with at least 4-5 corrections per sentence.  What a waste.  Probably minimum wage today.  My dog used to listen to me vent when no one else was around, wagged her tail and put her head on my lap as I typed, but she had to be put down in Feb:( Sorry, just needed to vent to someone who understands, unlike my DH, kids and all my friends who think I have a great job working at home!  I guess it ...

I Think The Writing Is On The Wall For Me
Dec 04, 2012

Okay, so I know what has been happening the past few months, but since it didn't affect me directly, I just kinda put it out of my mind.  But since the first of the month, my BOB is out of work during my shift (late afternoon/early evening).  This has never happened before.  Wondering if it is because daytime people are switching to later hours or my work is going overseas?  Not NJA yet, just unfamiliar work for the majority of my shift.  If this is how it's go ...

Canal Wall Down
Dec 31, 2012

Is "canal wall down" ever hyphenated? ...

DocQScribe 6.1 - The Writing Is On The Wall!
Sep 03, 2010

I just took the online training today and did my first reports using 6.1.  The writing is definitely on the wall.  They are on their way to eliminating the need for MT's.  It's just a matter of time.  We are tightening our own noose every time we edit one of those reports.  This is definitely a catch-22. ...

Banging My Head Against The Wall
Feb 27, 2012

I keep getting dinged for comma usage, and I'm not one to overuse them, though I fully support the use of an Oxford comma.  I am old school, and I've been taught the following about commas 1)  They go before a conjunction when what could be complete sentence follows. 2)  They do not go before or after (unless there is a strange circumstance, i.e, "indeed" or some such wording thrown in) a conjunction w/o a complete sentence following it. My hospitals are "modified ver ...

I'm Hitting The Proverbial Wall
Nov 11, 2014

Lately, I've been checking my hourly production, every hour on the hour.  For my first hour of work this morning, I stayed completely focused, no distractions except getting a quick cup of coffee (in the same room as my work desk) but quickly sat right back down again and went right back to work.  What was my hourly rate of production for that hour?  $7.42.  Yes, I said I earned a whopping $7.42 in a solid hour of intense concentration and focus.  I also noticed ...

Nuance Is Like Beating Your Head Against A Wall
Aug 17, 2011

Both feel so good when you just stop. I gave them a shot but I just cannot take it anymore.   It's like being set up to fail on a daily basis.  ...

Tuwal, 2-wall, Toowal Protocol?
May 18, 2015

Patient hospitalized with pancratitis, pancytopenia with macrocytosis, alcohol withdrawal, hypophosphatemia, hypoalbuminemia & macrocytic anemia.  S/L "2-wall protocol". Thanks for suggestions.  ...

Op Note: Colon Was S/l *socked* To Abdominal Wall Nm
Jul 21, 2011

full context:  There was no evidence of intraabdominal contamination, although the sigmoid colon was socked to the left lateral abdominal wall. Is that right, socked? ...

The Writing Is On The Wall. Article From Researchers Regarding Outsourcing.
Feb 25, 2013

I have been doing transcription for almost 2 decades, pretty soon my children in their early 20s will be making more money than I am, made decision to go back to school in my 40s for a new career, no choice.  Clip from article. "US corporations justify their offshore operations as essential to gain a foothold in emerging Asian markets. The Hira brothers believe this is self-delusion. “There is no evidence that they will be able to outcompete local Chinese and Indian companies, ...

A Wall * Washren* Abnormality Consistent With An Acute Myocardial Infarction. Thanks. Nm
May 14, 2010

nm ...

Tenderness To Palpation In The Right Anterior Medial Chest Wall. Is It Anteromedial Or As Typed? T
Mar 27, 2011

xx ...

Pt Has A "throm And Topical Pad" Applied To Chest Wall Drain.
Aug 08, 2011

She does demonstrate some previous bleeding from the posterior chest wall drain site that has a stitch in place currently.  She has a thrombotopical pad applied to her anterior chest wall drain site.  ...

Mass Extended To "temple Avada" And Duodenal Wall.
May 11, 2012

Pathology showed a pancreated head mass that extended to "temple avada" and duodenal wall.  ...

Abdominal Wall Hernia Does Not Appear To Have Any "intract" Bowel.
Jun 19, 2012

? ...

"E-wall" Dictated In Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
Jul 19, 2012

He says it was placed "p.o."   No luck googling it.  Has anyone heard of this?  TYIA. ...

S/l "pexied" The Port To The Chest Wall
Dec 09, 2010

Doing an operative report with a portacath placement into the chest...any help would be much appreciated!  Is "pexied" slang and is it the right word here? ...

Urology - Has Anyone Heard Of An "S Wall"? The Sentence Is ...
Dec 21, 2010

The patient has opted for a simple right S wall.  This is a patient with a right renal pelvic calculus. ...

"cholelithiasisystic" Gallbladder Wall
Dec 04, 2010

Patient has gallbladder problem, and the doc says: Patient had a sonogram which showed a cholelithasisistic galllbladder wall."  I know this isn't the correct word. I'm thinking he probably means that the gallbladder wall looks like the kind of gallbladder wall a person with cholelithiasis would have, but how is this correctly transcribed?  ...