A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

hitting a wall - and worn out

Posted: Apr 20, 2010

I am having such difficulty concentrating today.  All these ASR charts with at least 4-5 corrections per sentence.  What a waste.  Probably minimum wage today.  My dog used to listen to me vent when no one else was around, wagged her tail and put her head on my lap as I typed, but she had to be put down in Feb:(

Sorry, just needed to vent to someone who understands, unlike my DH, kids and all my friends who think I have a great job working at home!  I guess it's not just MQ, it's the whole darn industry....  

You're not alone - Marine Mom

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm so sorry for your loss!! But we totally understand. I have dictations like that too, some are okay, others shouldn't have even been put in to SR. What I do - and I know I'm losing money - but if I make more than a few corrections, I just block the whole thing to the next heading, delete it and straight type it. In my opinion, I can type it faster than I can correct it, not to mention I love the typing, so I do it whenever I have ANY excuse. Take a deep breath....musaaahh lol

Have heard some complain that they got - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
reprimanded for taking out too much of the ASR text that was not in error. I never have, though. I just get to "correcting" and sometimes take out too much or take out partially correct text if I have an expander that would be quicker.

ASR - Marine Mom

[ In Reply To ..]
I haven't been either, but I have been told that the SR does not "learn" anything if I take it all out and do it MY way. IMHO SR doesn't learn anything anyway, so until I get wrote up for it...it's MY way.
Conflicting trainers - gonzo
[ In Reply To ..]
At the last ASR refresher course about 2 or 3 months ago, we were told that we should use our expanders and that as long as we highlight the garbage and replace it with the expander that it would still work. Not that it learns anything correctly anyway. I'm still trying to figure out why it is starting to capitalize words in the middle of a sentence that has no reason to be capitalized.
not just trainers - Marine Mom
[ In Reply To ..]
I am not MQ, but I also have a problem with editors most days. Almost never do they do the same thing twice, let alone the same as each other.

I feel for you - Loss of a pet

[ In Reply To ..]
I wanted to express my sympathy in the loss of your beloved dog. God knows they comfort us and will be our best friend to the end. Keep your buddy in your heart. The love never ends. We have lost four so far and are on our fifth. She is a Chihuahua/Terrier mix, who will be 10 in July. Take care. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Know it doesn't help, but we UNDERSTAND. - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
There are a few Pollyannas who are still on the MQ Love Train, but most of us feel your pain.

hitting a wall - damaw

[ In Reply To ..]
Actually it is not. I work for a company with whom I just LOVE. It is straight typing. They don't have the best of benefits but I am BRINGING HOME at least 1500.00 every two weeks. That is with insurance, taxes, and everything else taken out. I quit MQ two years ago because of that ASR. I hated it. If I were young and just starting out it would have been great, but NOT. I was barely bring home $500.00 every two weeks and we were starving. So not every place is bad to work for especially MQ. I HATED working for them. They were rude, never could get a hold of anyone and the ASR totally sucked!@!!!!!

How did you find your new company? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You just jumped off the MQ ship and hoped for the best? I am so scared.

Next question, what company do you work for - YIKES

[ In Reply To ..]
and how do I apply? Seriously. You can email me the info if you don't want to post it here.

Thanks in advance, I'm drowning in bills and mortgage.

Well I agree, but hated to be so Bold! Give us a hint. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]

Next ??? - You are not ALONE

[ In Reply To ..]
We too are drowning in bills!! MQ is not helping at all. Have run out of work everyday and I work short days because I have split shifts!! No one seems to care, not my CCM, CTL, FBI, CVA or whatever other initials I am supposed to use!

Similar Messages:

I'm Hitting The Proverbial Wall
Nov 11, 2014

Lately, I've been checking my hourly production, every hour on the hour.  For my first hour of work this morning, I stayed completely focused, no distractions except getting a quick cup of coffee (in the same room as my work desk) but quickly sat right back down again and went right back to work.  What was my hourly rate of production for that hour?  $7.42.  Yes, I said I earned a whopping $7.42 in a solid hour of intense concentration and focus.  I also noticed ...

New Test Hitting The Streets?
Oct 06, 2011

I just took a non MTTest called Oak Horizons for a new job. Why don't they just test on your knowledge and expertise instead of loading tests with trick questions? This one was different because it has a big frigging clock ticking in your face and gives you instant results on each component. I was so dismayed by the first 2 scores, I was too despondent to finish the actual dictation. ...

Why Is Spellcheck Hitting On Correct Med Names
Jul 09, 2014

x ...

In Regards To The Field Of American MT Hitting Rock Bottom...
Apr 03, 2010

IMO, and again, this is only my opinion, hitting rock bottom should equate to more than just what we're earning now as individuals.  In order to judge whether or not the FIELD of MT has hit rock bottom in America, we would have to look at it as we see it on the inside and think if it would be a career we would choose to support ourselves on if we were just choosing careers for the first times as single people trying to support fresh out of school or a person changing careers to a ...

Instant Text - Expand Simply By Typing In The Abbreviation And Hitting The Space Bar?
May 03, 2013

Does anyone know how to expand simply by typing in the abreviation and hitting the space bar and then it will expand the abreviation? ...

Up Against The Wall
Apr 11, 2010

No viable options.  STUCK!   Can't move.  Can't progress.   Can't do work.  Don't know what to do AT ALL.  Signed off my shift in exactly this situation.  This happened a couple of nights ago.  Now it's being demanded that I sign a Written Warning which mis-states the cause for action, and I have refused to sign it.  Conference call on Monday.  Details follow: Never ONE TIME in over ten years of working for Med ...

I Think The Writing Is On The Wall For Me
Dec 04, 2012

Okay, so I know what has been happening the past few months, but since it didn't affect me directly, I just kinda put it out of my mind.  But since the first of the month, my BOB is out of work during my shift (late afternoon/early evening).  This has never happened before.  Wondering if it is because daytime people are switching to later hours or my work is going overseas?  Not NJA yet, just unfamiliar work for the majority of my shift.  If this is how it's go ...

Canal Wall Down
Dec 31, 2012

Is "canal wall down" ever hyphenated? ...

DocQScribe 6.1 - The Writing Is On The Wall!
Sep 03, 2010

I just took the online training today and did my first reports using 6.1.  The writing is definitely on the wall.  They are on their way to eliminating the need for MT's.  It's just a matter of time.  We are tightening our own noose every time we edit one of those reports.  This is definitely a catch-22. ...

Occupy Wall Street
Oct 14, 2011

Would YOU like to join me in the worldwide Occupy Wall Street movement?  We will participate in our respective locales.  We have had a lot of talk about organizing a walk-out day on the MTSOs.  Let's take this opportunity to meet while at the same time pooling our efforts with others who share similar struggles as us!  Let's dispense with the talking and start doing and put our money where our mouths are.  If you are interested in joining me, by all ...

Banging My Head Against The Wall
Feb 27, 2012

I keep getting dinged for comma usage, and I'm not one to overuse them, though I fully support the use of an Oxford comma.  I am old school, and I've been taught the following about commas 1)  They go before a conjunction when what could be complete sentence follows. 2)  They do not go before or after (unless there is a strange circumstance, i.e, "indeed" or some such wording thrown in) a conjunction w/o a complete sentence following it. My hospitals are "modified ver ...

Nuance Is Like Beating Your Head Against A Wall
Aug 17, 2011

Both feel so good when you just stop. I gave them a shot but I just cannot take it anymore.   It's like being set up to fail on a daily basis.  ...

Tuwal, 2-wall, Toowal Protocol?
May 18, 2015

Patient hospitalized with pancratitis, pancytopenia with macrocytosis, alcohol withdrawal, hypophosphatemia, hypoalbuminemia & macrocytic anemia.  S/L "2-wall protocol". Thanks for suggestions.  ...

Op Note: Colon Was S/l *socked* To Abdominal Wall Nm
Jul 21, 2011

full context:  There was no evidence of intraabdominal contamination, although the sigmoid colon was socked to the left lateral abdominal wall. Is that right, socked? ...

The Writing Is On The Wall. Article From Researchers Regarding Outsourcing.
Feb 25, 2013

I have been doing transcription for almost 2 decades, pretty soon my children in their early 20s will be making more money than I am, made decision to go back to school in my 40s for a new career, no choice.  Clip from article. "US corporations justify their offshore operations as essential to gain a foothold in emerging Asian markets. The Hira brothers believe this is self-delusion. “There is no evidence that they will be able to outcompete local Chinese and Indian companies, ...

Interesting - Check Out The Info On Occupying Wall Street
Oct 06, 2011

This is interesting info:  insiders/morningstar.com shows "MQ suit earnings"    Name/Title   2005 2006 2007 2008 2009                                 Key Executive Compensation   - - 292,707 1,485,258 2,858,899                   Salary   - - 229,250 810 ...

A Wall * Washren* Abnormality Consistent With An Acute Myocardial Infarction. Thanks. Nm
May 14, 2010

nm ...

Tenderness To Palpation In The Right Anterior Medial Chest Wall. Is It Anteromedial Or As Typed? T
Mar 27, 2011

xx ...

Pt Has A "throm And Topical Pad" Applied To Chest Wall Drain.
Aug 08, 2011

She does demonstrate some previous bleeding from the posterior chest wall drain site that has a stitch in place currently.  She has a thrombotopical pad applied to her anterior chest wall drain site.  ...

Mass Extended To "temple Avada" And Duodenal Wall.
May 11, 2012

Pathology showed a pancreated head mass that extended to "temple avada" and duodenal wall.  ...

Abdominal Wall Hernia Does Not Appear To Have Any "intract" Bowel.
Jun 19, 2012

? ...

"E-wall" Dictated In Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
Jul 19, 2012

He says it was placed "p.o."   No luck googling it.  Has anyone heard of this?  TYIA. ...

S/l "pexied" The Port To The Chest Wall
Dec 09, 2010

Doing an operative report with a portacath placement into the chest...any help would be much appreciated!  Is "pexied" slang and is it the right word here? ...

Urology - Has Anyone Heard Of An "S Wall"? The Sentence Is ...
Dec 21, 2010

The patient has opted for a simple right S wall.  This is a patient with a right renal pelvic calculus. ...

Loving "Occupy Wall Street."
Oct 05, 2011

"Occupy Wall Street" is coming to a city near you.  It is spreading all across the country.  I was shocked to find out the city I live in which is very democratic will be protesting this Thursday.  Occupy Wall Street protesting is spreading like wildfire.  Hey higher ups!  "PEOPLE BEFORE PROFITS" "MADE IN AMERICA" "STOP OUTSOURCING". Transcriptionists are not the only one who agrees with this.  THE COUNTRY IS ON FIRE AND SPREADING.  LOOKS LIKE UNITED STAT ...

"cholelithiasisystic" Gallbladder Wall
Dec 04, 2010

Patient has gallbladder problem, and the doc says: Patient had a sonogram which showed a cholelithasisistic galllbladder wall."  I know this isn't the correct word. I'm thinking he probably means that the gallbladder wall looks like the kind of gallbladder wall a person with cholelithiasis would have, but how is this correctly transcribed?  ...