A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ortho Help. Patient with cartilage defect in her medial femoral condyle. SM - Anon

Posted: Nov 06, 2011

At this point, she probably will need arthroscopy with microfracture versus an (s/l olds) procedure.

TIA

Probably OATS procedure...sm - GT

[ In Reply To ..]
osteochrondral allograft or autograft transplantation

Similar Messages:

Medial Femoral Condyle
Mar 16, 2011

s/l demon in his medial femoral condyle with areas of osteochondral defect and cartilaginous loss noted...  Any help is appreciated!!!! ...

U-pin? (femoral Condyle Postsurgical X-ray)
Nov 17, 2011

sounds like femoral condyle "U-pin"...can't find it...help? ...

Medial Femoral Tibial With Slash Or Hyphen?
Jul 23, 2012

Dr. says:  Mild medial femoral tibial articular cartilage thinning. Should it be femoral-tibial, or femoral/tibial, or femoral tibial? ...

Lateral Femoral Condyle Trabecular S/l "knuckle Or Maybe Medical?" Fracture.
Sep 25, 2014

x ...

Fissure Ring In Patella Cartilage? Ortho
Jul 10, 2012

Can there be a full thickness fissure ring in the patella cartilage? Is there such thing as a fissure ring? ...

Ortho Word - Possible Jarment (?) Of The Screw On The Medial Aspect Of Her Right Foot
May 03, 2011

Dictator says: "Possible jarment (?) of the screw on the medial aspect of her right foot." I heard "jarment" clear as day! ...

S/l Exofemoral And Femoral-femoral Bypass
Oct 25, 2012

The patient underwent an (s/l) exofemoral and femoral-femoral bypass.  exofemoral?  ...

Help Please! Ortho Doc Saying Residual S/l Actyly. Patient
May 12, 2012

is status post thumb collateral ligament surgery.  Not sure about using this combo alone. ...

Ortho: Patient With SCFE. He Will Be Set Up To Have Surgery Tomorrow With An (s/l In-site To Screw
Nov 06, 2011

TIA :-) ...

Ortho - The Patient Appears To Have "callouspan" At The Fracture Site?
Jul 30, 2010

got me on this one!!! ...

Dell Or Defect
Aug 13, 2012

"Patient has no obvious dell or defect in the Achilles." She is being seen for Achilles tendinitis. Is the word "dell?" I wondered if he meant "vale," as in "valley," but there is a definite hard "D" sound to the word. Googling "dell" only gets me computer links :{ ...

??? Cartilage - Sm
Nov 19, 2009

The patient had areas of ___________________ cartilage because of the previous scarring so we elected to repair this with a skin flap. this is an op report - re-excision of a BCC from the ear - actually this is the third excision and the cartilage was s/l den....... ...

Cloechogenic Defect Of Rectum??
Dec 17, 2009

Cannot find this anywhere!!!  Pt has fecal incontinencne due to 4th degree laceration at vaginal delivery........wow.....somebody help!!  PLEASE ...

S/l Cracko Cartilage
Jun 28, 2010

This doc is talking about a CT scan of the neck.   She says, "The patient underwent a CT of the neck with and without contrast at _____ Hospital with questionable findings of residual versus recurrent tumor of both pyriform sinuses with possible new erosion of the s/l cracko cartilage on the right.   ...

Dedudation? Of Cartilage
Jan 04, 2011

The word s/l dee du day shun - dedudation but that is not a word!  It doesn't s/l denudation.  It could be that he slurred but I thought I would check in with you all and see if I may be missing something.  On the entire weight bearing surface there was (denudation) of cartilage with some fiber cartilage replacement.  Thanks ...

Medication For Cartilage Thinning?
Sep 04, 2010

"She did see an orthopedic physician and underwent an MRI of the left knee which showed some cartilage thinning.  At the time, he was interested in putting her on some (here it s/l 'uflaxa'). She wanted to hold off the (this time it s/l 'reflexa') given that she had gotten some good benefit from the cortisone injection."  I can't find anything online that fits and I don't have my med dictionary with me.  Please help! ...

A Small Minimally Reversible Apical Defect ..
Apr 17, 2013

A SMALL MINIMALLY REVERSIBLE APICAL DEFECT CONSISTENT WITH DISTAL LAD INFARCTION WITH MILD s/l PERI- ... ...

Canthal Defect Myocutaneous Advancement Flaps
Jan 24, 2014

"*A sense of* undermining of the defect was performed and extension of the lower lid in a subciliary incision to create a myocutaneous flap was made.  *A sense of* undermining of this tissue and of the superior and medial aspect of the upper lid and nasal glabellar area was performed.  The tissues were advanced and secured to the deep tissue at the *sava* defect using 6-0 Vicryl in a simple interrupted buried fashion. " It is somewhat garbled, but "a sense of" doesn't make any sen ...

Regarding Femoral Prosthesis
Apr 04, 2012

Examination of x-rays done previously - AP of the pelvis and AP and lateral of the right hip does reveal S-ROM type prosthesis which on the femoral side seems to be well fixed. He does have a _________ type cup which seems to be loose with clear lucent line in all three zones. sounds like wide to lock type or Y to lock type  or white to lock type ...

Meatal Or Medial
Nov 16, 2009

They seem to both make sense, which would you go with?   Nasoendoscopy is performed which demonstrates scarring of the left middle turbinate to the [medial or meatal] wall of the maxillary sinus. ...

L5 DPR Medial Branch
Oct 20, 2011

Ok, brain's gone to mush.  What's DPR stand for in the context of lumbar spine?  Thanks so much!   ...

Femoral-saphenous Juntion
Oct 29, 2010

Dr. dictates "Femoral-saphenous junction" but when i researched it - I only find Saphenofemoral junction...which would be correct? ...

Cam Lesion Femoral-femora?
Jan 17, 2012

Pelvic x-rays:  Early DJD with cam lesions on both s/l femoral femora.  I cannot document the s/l.  Any help is appreciated.  ...

Cam, Cam, Or CAM Lesion Of The Femoral Head?
Dec 31, 2012

I find it in all three forms when I look it up. Mayo Clinic site has cam lesion. Thank you in advance. ...

Pt With Medial Meniscus Tear.
Jun 07, 2011

Patient likes to wear flip flops, however, I recommended that she go to a s/l Vinza shoe and has a 1/4" lateral shoe wedge placed on the outside under the outer sole.  TIA NM ...

Oferax ? In Rt Common Femoral Artery
Oct 29, 2009

Wow!!!  This is an angiogram of carotids via femoral artery.......cannot find this anywhere!!! ...

Femoral Sciatic Blocks? Have Not Heard Of This Yet.
Feb 10, 2010

He had ACL surgery on the left knee done on December 17. With this he had femoral and sciatic blocks. ...

Cam And Pincer Femoral Acetabular Imingement
Jan 13, 2012

Doc consistently dictates, "cam and pincer all caps femoral acetabular impingement"  I cannot find any documentation to even capitalize cam or pincer.  I thought CAM was in reference  to controlled ankle motion  as in CAM walker boot.  Help!!!! ...

Then A S/l Luggage Handle Was Placed In The Femoral Canal.
Jun 05, 2015

Orthopedic surgery note.   "Then a s/l luggage handle was placed in the femoral canal." I have been searching, but it is difficulty to find anything, as every search just brings up tonz of stuff about luggage handles.  Anyone every heard of this????  ...

Test For Medial Meniscus Tear
Feb 25, 2011

Laundry list of tests including s/l Kessler/Tesler/Pesler test. Any ideas?   ...