A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Dell or defect - Podiatry term?

Posted: Aug 13, 2012

"Patient has no obvious dell or defect in the Achilles." She is being seen for Achilles tendinitis. Is the word "dell?" I wondered if he meant "vale," as in "valley," but there is a definite hard "D" sound to the word. Googling "dell" only gets me computer links :{

It's dell - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
"There is pain with palpation along the course of the Achilles tendon distally about the left ankle, and there is a palpable dell noted in the area of the watershed region of the Achilles tendon."

Yahoo search: dell achilles

https://podiatry.com/etalk/index.php?topicid=3292#-1

Contacted his office and they said - it should be "delve,"

[ In Reply To ..]
but seeing your post, I think they're wrong.

Similar Messages:

Cloechogenic Defect Of Rectum??
Dec 17, 2009

Cannot find this anywhere!!!  Pt has fecal incontinencne due to 4th degree laceration at vaginal delivery........wow.....somebody help!!  PLEASE ...

A Small Minimally Reversible Apical Defect ..
Apr 17, 2013

A SMALL MINIMALLY REVERSIBLE APICAL DEFECT CONSISTENT WITH DISTAL LAD INFARCTION WITH MILD s/l PERI- ... ...

Canthal Defect Myocutaneous Advancement Flaps
Jan 24, 2014

"*A sense of* undermining of the defect was performed and extension of the lower lid in a subciliary incision to create a myocutaneous flap was made.  *A sense of* undermining of this tissue and of the superior and medial aspect of the upper lid and nasal glabellar area was performed.  The tissues were advanced and secured to the deep tissue at the *sava* defect using 6-0 Vicryl in a simple interrupted buried fashion. " It is somewhat garbled, but "a sense of" doesn't make any sen ...

Ortho Help. Patient With Cartilage Defect In Her Medial Femoral Condyle. SM
Nov 06, 2011

At this point, she probably will need arthroscopy with microfracture versus an (s/l olds) procedure.   TIA ...

Dell Keyboards
Oct 12, 2009

Is it true that the letters on the Dell keyboards never wear off? ...

Do You Use A Dell Laptop
Dec 26, 2011

I would like to buy a new dell laptop to use to work on transcription because I have to travel across country and I need Dell brand because I have a Dell credit card that I can use to purchase it with.  Do any other MTs/QA use a dell laptop that you like and if so, which one is it.  If I can find one that another MT is using and likes, I'll order one.  Thanks ...

Did You Guys Know Dell, Inc Was Into Transcription
Jul 23, 2010

At first, I thought it was just a company named Dell, but then was redirected to the Dell website. ...

New MQ Dell Keyboard Woes
Dec 13, 2011

Has anyone been successful in using an adapter to hook up their old keyboard to their new MQ Dell computer?  I hate the low-profile Dell USB keyboard they sent me and all of my other keyboards have PS2 connectors.  After being unsuccessful at going out shopping to try to buy a new USB keyboard with a higher profile, I purchased an adapter to convert a PS2 keyboard to a USB port hook-up but it does not recognize the keyboard.  Just wondering if anyone else ...

Need Suggestions On Dell Laptops For Work
Apr 25, 2012

I am finally going to do it.   My desktop is ancient and I am starting a new job and figured I would go for it and get a laptop for work since I need a computer anyway.  I prefer Dell as I am familiar with them and have had no problems.   Any suggestions on what works well for our line of work?  TIA!!!! ...

Dell Support Messed Up My Computer
Aug 11, 2013

Last Tuesday, I was going to install McAfee Anti-Virus on my computer.  To do that, I first had to remove Microsoft Security Essentials from my computer.  I couldn't see Microsoft SE on the list of programs in Add/Remove, so I regrettably decided to call Dell support (I have a Dell computer.)  So instead of simply removing Microsoft SE and installing McAfee (which should only take about 1 hour, if one is a technical expert), nothing was resolved.  Instead, my computer i ...

Dell Laptop And Transcription Foot Pedal
Aug 10, 2011

I just bought a new Dell laptop.  I had to do a few upgrades to make my transcription program operable.  Now that is out of the way and I have run into a problem with my footpedal.  It fits, but does not operate, even when I switch the foot pedal settings to USB, COM 1 or COM 2.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  This is the foot pedal I had been using for my desk top.  I am assuming another foot pedal works for the Dell laptop.  ...

New Dell Desk Top/Infinity Foot Pedal
Sep 21, 2012

Good morning! I've been a transcriptionist for 18 years and this will be my first question.  I just got a a new PC two days ago.  However, my foot pedal (which operates fine on my laptop) won't work.  I have jobs in my work queu that I can't get to because the pedal won't play them.  The computer seemes to recognize the pedal and said it installed drivers but it just doesn't operate even after three reboots.  I have Windows 7.   Is this pro ...

"s/l Permurmetous" Ventriculoseptal Defect
Feb 20, 2010

TIA ...

Podiatry: Unable To Palpate A S/l "dell". Nm
May 03, 2011

nm ...