A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Then a s/l luggage handle was placed in the femoral canal. - hhhh

Posted: Jun 05, 2015

Orthopedic surgery note.   "Then a s/l luggage handle was placed in the femoral canal."

I have been searching, but it is difficulty to find anything, as every search just brings up tonz of stuff about luggage handles.  Anyone every heard of this???? 

Similar Messages:

Hyphen Central Canal And Exit Canal Stenosis?
Apr 12, 2014

Hello, Everyone. Do you think that a hyphen should be used in central-canal stenosis and exit-canal stenosis?   TIA!   ...

S/l Exofemoral And Femoral-femoral Bypass
Oct 25, 2012

The patient underwent an (s/l) exofemoral and femoral-femoral bypass.  exofemoral?  ...

S/l Ameral Canal
Jun 22, 2010

Talking about an anal hernia the dictator says "exam of the right and left (ameral) canals? ...

Canal Wall Down
Dec 31, 2012

Is "canal wall down" ever hyphenated? ...

Is It Endocervical Or Exocervical Canal - Or Both?
Oct 14, 2013

Is this correct?  Final dilatation of the endo and exocervical canal was done to pass the hysteroscope. It is an ESL doctor, plus he stammers when he is saying this, so I'm not sure if "endo" included or if that is just a stammer.  ...

New MT Who Can't Handle This
Mar 04, 2010

I've been working 2 months. One doctor on my account makes mistakes constantly, says the wrong dates, sends in partial audio files, once sent in a file that was nothing but his side of a cell phone conversation.  He complains constantly because he says these are my mistakes.  Now, for some reason, my QA person has told him she 100% agrees with him.  Also, he thinks I'm the only one working this account, so if someone else makes a mistake I still get yelled at. This is a ...

How Would ASR Handle A Sentence Like This?
Dec 07, 2009

I am just wondering how would ASR interpret this sentence... "The patient was able to cite the exact site and moment when he lost his sight." ...

Question -- Not Sure How To Handle This
Dec 11, 2013

I have been informed by my employer that our company will be losing 70% of its accounts and thus many transcriptionists and employees will be let go.  There is an extremely good chance that I will be among those leaving, as 90% of my accounts are going to be gone.  So, I already have a job interview set up with a local physician in a private office, but since my employer has not let me know whether or not I will be laid off, should I tell my employer that I'm looking for another j ...

Upon Insertion Of S/L Otus?? There Is Tenderness In The External Canal Of The Ear
Nov 07, 2009

NM ...

*Ian’s* Canal Lesion On The Right Or Ulnar Neuropathy On The Right. Thanks. Nm
Jan 17, 2010

nm ...

Posterior Fossa?? Internal Auditory Canal
Oct 01, 2010

MRI scanning of the posterior fossa? internal auditory canal  doc has an accent and I'm not sure.  I haven't heard this before. ...

How Do I Get Set Up As An IC? Do I Need An Accountant To Handle Taxes?
Jan 12, 2010

nm ...

Profanity In A Report... How Do You Handle It?
May 12, 2010

I have a dictator who says:  The patient says "I look and feel like sh--." I'm not sure how to handle it. ...

How To Handle A Problem Client...
Jan 23, 2013

Okay, so I have a client who is driving me nuts.  I wonder what the general consensus is about how to handle a really pesky issue I'm having with him.  This particular doctor is an older gentleman who wants to do things to look like he's keeping up with the times but doesn't want to change how he does things.  He's also cheap as sin and thinks that because he's a doctor and I'm an MT he's above me in life.  Not kidding. Anyway, the issue I& ...

Wondering How You All Handle A Situation.
Aug 30, 2014

I sent my resume cold to this place and got quite a rude response.  How do you all handle when you get a rude response?  I was courteous in my reply, but it just kinda went all through me that she was so rude. ...

Anybody Handle Phones In A Doctor's Office?
Jul 29, 2012

So I just got a temp job in a fancy upscale surgical hospital. First in-house job in 8 years, and I really need to convert this job into a permanent deal, but my first attempts on the phone last week I sort of bombed. Is anybody able to offer some pointers on phone tact? I know I will make mistakes, it would be great if I could recover from them gracefully. >_<*  If someone was willing to mentor me and get me through this next week I would send you a box of cookies or brownies or wha ...

Wondering How You Handle On Pediatric Reports When Sm
Nov 27, 2012

doc refers to mom or mother/dad/grandma, etc.  I was taught that if it is "the mom" you would not capitalize but if you can substitute a name, then it would be capitalized.  The mom denies vomiting, but Mom states the baby..... (would that be correct as far as capitalization goes?)    ...

How Do Handle When A Doctor Makes Up A Word?
Sep 16, 2014

I have a psych doc who always says "the patient was less complaintive today."  I've changed it o "the patient complained less today."  But the doc sends the report back for correction and wants the word "complaintive" which is NOT a word!  I've been giving it to him, but man it drives me crazy. I have an ortho doc who ALWAYS says "all were in agreeance" and I change it to agreement and so far so good, but he is still dictating agreeance.  ...

Regarding Femoral Prosthesis
Apr 04, 2012

Examination of x-rays done previously - AP of the pelvis and AP and lateral of the right hip does reveal S-ROM type prosthesis which on the femoral side seems to be well fixed. He does have a _________ type cup which seems to be loose with clear lucent line in all three zones. sounds like wide to lock type or Y to lock type  or white to lock type ...

Femoral-saphenous Juntion
Oct 29, 2010

Dr. dictates "Femoral-saphenous junction" but when i researched it - I only find Saphenofemoral junction...which would be correct? ...

Medial Femoral Condyle
Mar 16, 2011

s/l demon in his medial femoral condyle with areas of osteochondral defect and cartilaginous loss noted...  Any help is appreciated!!!! ...

U-pin? (femoral Condyle Postsurgical X-ray)
Nov 17, 2011

sounds like femoral condyle "U-pin"...can't find it...help? ...

Cam Lesion Femoral-femora?
Jan 17, 2012

Pelvic x-rays:  Early DJD with cam lesions on both s/l femoral femora.  I cannot document the s/l.  Any help is appreciated.  ...

Cam, Cam, Or CAM Lesion Of The Femoral Head?
Dec 31, 2012

I find it in all three forms when I look it up. Mayo Clinic site has cam lesion. Thank you in advance. ...

Oferax ? In Rt Common Femoral Artery
Oct 29, 2009

Wow!!!  This is an angiogram of carotids via femoral artery.......cannot find this anywhere!!! ...

Femoral Sciatic Blocks? Have Not Heard Of This Yet.
Feb 10, 2010

He had ACL surgery on the left knee done on December 17. With this he had femoral and sciatic blocks. ...

Cam And Pincer Femoral Acetabular Imingement
Jan 13, 2012

Doc consistently dictates, "cam and pincer all caps femoral acetabular impingement"  I cannot find any documentation to even capitalize cam or pincer.  I thought CAM was in reference  to controlled ankle motion  as in CAM walker boot.  Help!!!! ...

Bucket Handle Tear:"The Case Was Extremely Difficult Because Of Extreme S/l Laxi To This Joint
Jul 18, 2010

n/m ...

Medial Femoral Tibial With Slash Or Hyphen?
Jul 23, 2012

Dr. says:  Mild medial femoral tibial articular cartilage thinning. Should it be femoral-tibial, or femoral/tibial, or femoral tibial? ...

Pt With Enlarging Hematoma In Groin And Doc Put In S/l TempStop In The Femoral Artery.
Aug 18, 2010

I got a mush-mouthed ESL, it's been a long day and the headache is already pounding.  Any ideas anyone? ...