A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do any of you use sticky paper to print chart notes? - ICMT

Posted: Jul 23, 2013

I am beginning to transcribe for a new local physician.  I've been an MT for 20 years, have had my own clients & have worked for the nationals - but I've never printed onto sticky paper.  The office manager gave me a whole pack of it.  It has 11 perforated sections from top to bottom, with about a 1-inch margin on right and left.

Is there some sort of a template for Microsoft word that will print correctly onto each section?

I don't see a name brand on the package of paper, so I don't know where to look online for some sort of setting guidelines.  

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks much!

sticky paper - ssss

[ In Reply To ..]
I did this years ago when I worked for local doctors. If it is the standard size sheet (8 1/2 x 11) make a template with numbering down left side, then print. I would then transcribe the note using this guide so that you can transcribe multiple patients on one sheet (depending on length of note, of course). Make sense?

Not since about 1989-90. I didn't think anyone - even made that anymore, let alone used it! ;)

[ In Reply To ..]
I had thought sticky paper went the same way as carbon paper, Selectric typewriters, and cassette tapes. I actually miss all those things - from back in the day when MT was a respectable job that we actually got paid for doing.

I had in the past and used my page setup - IAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
after I did a little trial and error and then always used those measurements/setup.

I wouldn't buy a lot as I am thinking they will not be able to do hard copies after the EMR mandate deadline.

sticky paper - Cindy

[ In Reply To ..]
I use it for a couple of clients. I get it from Medical Arts Press. Their prices are much better than Staples or Home Depot, and you can get a quantity discount. I use the labels that are a single sheet of 8.5 x 11 without perforations. It also comes in handy to use for large mailing labels, etc. I don't use any special formatting since my clients just cut at the end of each note. For docs who still have some type of paper chart, they really keep the chart from getting too thick.

Similar Messages:

Sticky Paper
Feb 08, 2010

We lost our paper supplier for full sticky sheets with the easy peel margin (Formtec brand).  Does anyone have a lead on a supplier?  We were getting it for about 38/box for 212 sheets.  I can find full sheets on the net, but nothing with that type of margin or price?  TIA.  T. ...

Sticky Notes To Remember Special Specifications??
May 20, 2013

The person who wrote the first essay must get to work on the same accounts. I used to make a sheet with the basic CPs and special instructions because the CPs are so poorly written, generally speaking, but every time I would get my sheets complete, the account would disappear. After 2 rounds of that, I quit making these summary sheets. I get so many different accounts now that I never get a chance to become familiar with the CP or dictator. So, I just take the time to take whatever mangled, p ...

New Cutting Edge Paper Medical Chart!
Dec 04, 2014

It's satire, and yet so true.. ...

Proofreading & Editing Chart Notes
Apr 09, 2010

Does anyone know what a fair charge is for proofreading and editing chart notes (ortho) that are done in the Dragon Naturally Speaking platform?  Is it best to charge by the line, word or the page?  Any answers would be greatly appreciated! ...

How To Help A Sticky Keyboard? Keys Seem To Be A Hard Touch But
Jun 22, 2014

Seems like for a while now the keys take a harder touch, sometimes they don't connect and I have to hit a key twice. it's a microsoft wireless comfort keyboard, model 1027.  I have taken canned air and blown dust and cat hair out of it,  wondering if using alcohol swabs gently in each key mechanism might help?  Space bar works well, seems to be only specific keys that stick or don't connect well. Backspace is one of the sticky ones.   Any suggestions apprec ...

Fast Chart - Current Info On Fast Chart
Dec 10, 2011

Anyone have any current info on Fast Chart, good, bad, ugly?  Checked the Archives, not much recent info.  Thanks! ...

Fast Chart - Does Anyone Work For Fast Chart
Mar 07, 2013

Does anyone work for Fast Chart and what can you tell me about them? ...

Help - Looking For Contact Paper
Jan 20, 2011

Does anybody know where to purchase 8-1/2 x 11 white contact paper.  I am starting a new account that wants their chart note printed on this paper, and I cannot seem to find it anywhere.  Thanks for the help. ...

Paper Shredder
Feb 25, 2011

I need to know if anyone knows of a real heavy duty industrial shredder that won't break down after a year.  I work for a private doctor's office and need to shred thousands of papers after I finish the reports. ...

Anyone Received Their Paper W-2 Yet?
Jan 26, 2012

I know they are not required to mail them until the 31st, but has anyone received their paper W-2 yet?  TIA ...

Paper Checks
Jan 12, 2015

So quick question - first check for Friday's payday was a paper check.  Still haven't received it.  How long have you guys waited for paper checks before?  Usually have direct deposit so this is a new experience for me :) ...

Can We Print Out Our W2's
Jan 18, 2013

Does anybody know if we can print out our fax forms this year?  I havn't seen them on ADP website yet and I have not received any emails about this topic. ...

Article In My Paper Today About MT Course...
Feb 21, 2010

There's an article today in my hometown newspaper from an area community college about its MT course, about how MTs are needed for VR, how they make $34,000 a year, and how you can work at home.  I just wanted to puke. Of course the goal is to get gullible people to sign up for their course, hoping they don't bother to research it too closely.... ...

Student Doing A Paper On Coding - Help
Apr 09, 2011

Hi all. I am doing a career exploration paper on medical coding. I need some interesting facts about medical coding. Can anyone explain how the ICD came about? Any other interesting facts would be appreciated! ...

No More Paper Check Stubs
Sep 28, 2012

I want my own stub mailed to me... Jerks. ...

M*MODAL COMMENTS IN TN PAPER
Mar 21, 2014

M*Modal participates in the market where pricing has dropped by 35% below what M*Modal needs to sustain. M*Modal has heavy cost structure with debt load and G&A which will prevent it from being cost effective in Transcription Out-sourcing market. M*Modal has also pursued a technology solution model similar to Nuance where clinical documentation review/edit/accuracy function is being transitioned to physicians using Fluency by M*Modal and Dragon 360 by Nuance. The ineffectiveness of this app ...

Interview For Research Paper
Mar 02, 2015

Would anyone be willing to give me a quick interview?  Questions include:  How did you get into field?  Why did this field appeal to you?  Does it meet with your satisfaction?  Years of employment and level of responsibility?  ...

Moderator - Please Make This A "sticky" Post.
May 31, 2012

When you ask for word help, you'll enhance your chances of receiving a prompt answer if you provide sufficient context for your query.  Sometimes, this means the complete sentence in which your problematic word or phrase appears, but often it means more than that.  It might mean that we need to know something about the patient's history and/or diagnoses.  We might need to know what relevant lab values have been dictated.   There's nothing more frustrating than ...

Print And Delivery
Jan 24, 2011

Do any of you print out the dictation for your clinics and deliver them?  If so what do you charge for that, if anything?  If you do not, what to you think is a fair charge for this service?  My clinic (5-7 providers daily transcribed) is about 2 miles away from my house. Thank you.   ...

Needing Help Pdq. I Got A Job And I Need To Print
Oct 28, 2011

some stuff, but no working printer.  I was thinking someone said I could go somewhere to get the stuff printed, but I am not sure where to go or how to go about getting the stuff printed?  I mean (hope I am explaining this clearly enough) how to get the attachments on my email somewhere that I can get the paperwork printed.  Thanks for any help!! ...

If & Is Not Allowed To Be Use Why Does ASR Print It
Jul 18, 2012

x ...

If Ms. Is Incorrect Why Does ASR Print It?
May 22, 2015

x ...

Ortho: S/l Paper And Pen Plate Bottoms
Feb 14, 2013

Talking about limitations of use of extremity. Sounds like pen and paper plate or site bottoms? Thanks! ...

AHIMA Article On Transition From Paper To EHR
Mar 19, 2013

I read in: http://library.ahima.org/xpedio/groups/public/documents/ahima/bok1_048635.hcsp?dDocName=bok1_048635 About EHR and the need to review file room staffing and need to reduce or redefine staff as the record becomes fully electronic, and consider work queues that are built into electronic record systems that will drive HIM staff members' work for the day (e.g., verbal orders that are not signed, transcriptions, etc.). What I am asking the coding forum today is,  Are coder ...

Holy Cow. 66 Pages To Print Out
Nov 23, 2009

for the MDI merg-ees.  That used about 1/2 printer cartridge, took at least an hour of time and I have yet to fill them out.  This working at home is getting more expensive and aggravating all the time. ...

The Print On Printer Just Too Small
Jan 25, 2010

Have XP Dell and use Word Office to type up letters and such. No matter how large the print is on the screen of my monitor, when I print it off it is so minute you can hardly see. I have no idea how to set the printer to have larger print. Can anyone give me some assistance? TIA ...

From The AHDI Website...they Should Tell MQ It's There In Print.
Apr 28, 2010

Speech Recognition Editing   Performing SRT editing successfully requires a somewhat more specialized skillset than that involved in traditional, manual transcription. There is a different eye/ear/brain coordination dynamic at work in SRT editing compared to transcribing, which often makes it more challenging to identify errors in an SRT-draft document. It is more common in SRT editing for the brain to be "tricked" into thinking that the eye has seen what the ear has heard, due to the lac ...

Possible To Print Out A List Of Your Expansions
Oct 26, 2012

Would anyone know if it is possible to print out a list of your expansions ? ...

Is There Any Way To View And Print Out Your List
Feb 24, 2014

Yes, I have a legally purchased copy installed on my own computer.  I would like to view the contents as a list and compare what's already on there to what I have.  I'm re-creating my own autocorrect entries from memory on a new computer. ...

I Need To Print A Pay Statement But Can't View
Feb 11, 2015

to contact regarding this?  Do we need to be in a specific browser in order to view/print?  I tried in IE and Firefox Mozilla, and when I click on the date I want to view/print, nothing happens.  ...