A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

To Moderator - Can we have an IC board? - curious MT

Posted: May 21, 2010

It would be interesting and informative to have a board for ICs for questions, answers, etc.  JMO - I would like to see this.

I would like a separate board for serious conversations - Violet - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
Where someone can post a topic others can join in and seriously talk about issues and topics no matter how "out there" they are, and nobody bash them for their opinion. I see too many topics come up that I would like to see more conversations on, but then people get bashed and made fun of when all they want to do is share and talk seriously about a topic. So having a separate board where if you are not adding to the conversation and making fun of others your posts get deleted. That's what I'd like to see.

It would be nice - josie

[ In Reply To ..]
It would be nice to have the moderators actually delete the postings that actually should be deleted (like those that are bashing people, which is supposed to be against the rules).

I agree, as soon as a poster uses certain terms they - Are banned and post deleted

[ In Reply To ..]
As soon as accustaions of "liar," "suit," "management," etc., come into play in response to a positive poster, I'd love to see that poster banned for at least 3 days and their post immediately deleted.

The posters who pull that do a great disservice to the entire forum, IMO, because other posters get disgusted and stop "feeding the troll," which gives the impression the hateful posters were correct.
Accusations - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
Someone in the coding forum yesterday told me **** for having an opinion about something. This kind of thing seems to be permitted all the time in addition to other petty name calling and putting others down who do not share the same point of view. I think the IC board is a great idea, I'd also like to see more monitoring of this site in general.
Well, in defense of that person - who said that to you...
[ In Reply To ..]
You really did push her buttons on purpose by being so judgmental about the fact that she is using Federal student aid in order to go back to school. And then you were surprised by her response? Really? How about being supportive when people are trying to better themselves and learn more skills? Even if they make choices that you personally would not make? Maybe then, people would get along better.
In defense - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe that's how you and your friends are used to speaking to people when they say things that make you angry, I did not appreciate it.
you make a really good point here - sm - sssdt
[ In Reply To ..]
A lot of people here are very rude, judgmental, full of blame, and deliberately push others' buttons. It's no wonder they get called names, "suit", etc.

The answer is not someone else moderating the board, it's people moderating themselves a little bit and cutting out the immediate judgmental attacks.
That response to you isn't still there, is it? I wish I had seen it - I am glad they deleted it though
[ In Reply To ..]
Nobody needs to stoop to name-calling and 4-letter words to make a point, if they have a point worth making. There are some very rude people who hang out on forums just to make accusations, call people names, and otherwise just make trouble. They also aren't very credible though, so I don't know what they get out of it unless they just need attention.

Violet, I'm curious about what topics you would like to see discussed - Just Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
If you don't mind saying.

I'd like to see posts about..... - Violet

[ In Reply To ..]
Life on other planets/aliens/UFOs, disclosure project, the Thunderbolt project, paranormal happenings, 911, and just a bunch of other topics that I can't think of right now, but have been reading some really interesting things. I just don't post a lot.
I also forgot.... - Violet
[ In Reply To ..]
Whether the moon landing was real, money changers, telekinesis, transportation between worlds, any and all really weird or "out there" discussions without being made fun of.
Oh, I see. - You mean WAY off topic of MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I misread what you wrote earlier. Thanks for clarifying.

My opinion is there is no way possible to have all of those topics discussed without major disagreements and passionate arguments. I don't see it happening without people having fun making fun. It would be just too much of a temptation to make one-liner comments. Those topics are just too controversial for a civilized conversation. There are some great boards that do discuss those topics though, not MT boards, but boards specifically for those topics. I suggest those if you are sincere about your request. Just a suggestion.
That's why I said I would like to have a separate board - Violet - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
That was the purpose of my message. I said I would like to have a separate board where people could have a serious conversation about, well just about anything. If they want to have a serious conversation to post on that board and no "temptations for one liners" would be posted. You know the old saying - if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. That type of board. And if the "temptation" is too overwhelming for those who like to post one liners and poke fun of other people because it doesn't line up with their way of thinking, those posts would get deleted. The type of board where if you don't want to talk or read and have a serious discussion about contraversial or any type of subject actually you just don't go there. Then they could come to the gab board here and make fun of people if that is what floats their boat.

I think you are wrong - people can have a civilized conversation about those topics. Are you saying that MTs are above civility and common decency towards others? Yes there are other boards out there, but since there is such a vast number of topics being discussed on this board, why not topics like those I listed? I'm sure there will never be a separate board on this site, but since we have a separate Faith and Prayer and political, etc, I thought why not have a board where if people want to have a serious conversation about contraversial subjects (or any topic at all where they don't feel like being made fun of and if they are made fun of the post can be deleted) why not.

That's all I was saying - I'd like a separate board where people could have a serious discussion without others to come on and poke fun of, ridicule, and try to make them feel stupid because they believe something different. That's all.
I forgot - see message - Violet
[ In Reply To ..]
My understanding is the gab board is way off topic of MT talk. I've seen topics of American Idol, humane society, recipes, relationship issues, shoes, books and all other topics talked about and they have nothing to do with MT's.

So...why not have a serious conversation board. I think it would be great to finally be able to discuss issues without being made fun of. Then if you want to make fun of someone or a conversation you say on the "serious" board you could come here and do it.

Just sayin.
meant you "see" on the serious board - Violet
[ In Reply To ..]
Not "say".

I agree. An IC board would be appropriate! - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

What topics would you discuss on an IC board? - Just curious

[ In Reply To ..]
What are some of the topics you would discuss on that IC board?

she's confused. (NM) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

MODERATOR: I See A New Board Offshore, Did You Consider A VR Board?
Oct 13, 2009

nm ...

VR Board- Moderator
Oct 19, 2009

I was able to get to the VR board only once and cannot get back. When I go that particular board nothing comes up now whereas it did at first. ...

Moderator: Will We Still Be Getting A 'jobs Wanted' Board, And
Nov 05, 2009

is there a way to fix the search feature to where you can search for short terms?  Right now, it won't let you search for terms like 'QA' or 'MDI' etc. because they're too short.  It also limits you to one page of results.  The Google search box we used to have worked much better.  TIA. ...

Moderator...question About The Job Wanted Board...can We List Our Training/school?
May 05, 2010

As a new graduate, it would great for those seeking employment if we could list our training/school. Just a thought as I've been reading through lots of forums of job ads that say no newbies unless you were a student of a few select schools. Thoughts?? ...

Fine, We Will Just Post On The Main Board Or Company Board Then... Nm
Oct 12, 2014

MODERATOR --
Oct 13, 2009

I am not sure if you are aware, but when i replied by e/m to a msg, the advertizing was in the way to where i could only see the right half of the text box in which I was writing.  Hope that can be fixed.  Thanks. ...

Moderator, Is There Any Way....
Oct 13, 2009

When posting a response to the OP, it could come directly under their post and not go to the bottom of the postings in that particular list? When a new post comes in, could it be highlighted at the top of the page like it was before? I think people actually like seeing those there so if of interest they can respond then. I know I did. I guess this is here to stay but gosh, with my old eyes I am having trouble seeing the cryptic letters to put in when I post something which means I sometimes ha ...

Moderator:
Oct 20, 2009

Can you tell me what happened to my post from yesterday, 10/19?  It was there in the afternoon and now gone this morning, the day after.  Thanks!  ...

To Moderator Re:
Jul 10, 2010

The Edit/Delete option only allows one to Edit a post.  The option to Delete one's own post is not available. Is this a permanent thing?  Or mabye part of the backup/lost post issue?  Will the Delete option be restored? Thank you. ...

MODERATOR - YOU NEED TO GET RID OF AD.......
Aug 22, 2012

Three times today an ad for FilipinoCupid.com for singles has popped up.  I really do not want to look at this. ...

FOR MODERATOR
Jan 30, 2014

The amount of ads on these boards is getting ridiculous.  Today there are ads for sex chat girls.  Highly offensive.  ...

Moderator..question Please
Oct 21, 2009

Why do I not see a link that I've added to a post? Am I just missing it? TIA ...

To Moderator: I'm The One Who Posted The
Dec 12, 2009

question below about how to remove a word from spell check.  Just wondering why it was moved to the technical board....I need to know specifically how to do this in Docuscribe, which is a MQ program.  I guess I should have been more specific.  :) ...

Moderator Question
Jan 18, 2010

Hi Moderator,   I posted an answer to someone on the Newbie Board on 01/17/2010, basically just congratulating the person who just finished school.   I received an email because of my above posting from Tonya (mitchemconsulting@msn.com) saying she MAY be hiring in the future and pay is low but to send my resume.   I wasn't looking for a job, just congratulating the poster.    Do you know how this Tonya person got my email?   Just curious.   Tha ...

Moderator - Isn't It Time Sm
Mar 07, 2012

for a Nuance Board? ...

Request To The Moderator
Jun 29, 2012

Moderator, I am fortunate enough to be a thriving MT and I would like to be able to hold conversations with my colleagues.  We don't have coworkers so this board is the closest thing to it and I would like to be able to discuss our advantages, disadvantages, compensation, etc., with the closest I'll come to a coworker without being abused.  I don't want to be called insensitive, a liar, a suit, etc., just because I am still a successful MT and would like to share it.&nbs ...

RE: REQUEST TO MODERATOR
Jul 03, 2012

We will not be creating a new board for "positive posts only."  You have the choice as to what posts you want to read.  If a post is too negative for you, simply do not read it.  Everyone has a right to their opinion.  I will continue to monitor for foul language, name calling, etc., but will not be trying to decipher what is too positive or too negative for your liking.  ...

Attention Moderator?
Apr 21, 2014

Please note the posts in re:  KEYS THAT PLEASE. This company *may* be legitimate but they are requesting as part of a test process files up to 32 minutes long, that I believe are *also* current files. A lot of newer MTs (and even not so new) may not realize this can be a red flag for scammers - people looking to get a backlog cleared up for 'free' under the guise of hiring for a true position. Could you consider posting a warning to all posters to be careful about t ...

Question For The Moderator
Jun 09, 2014

How did my employer know I posted on this board?  I was sent an email through the company's email system responding to a question I posed here.  How did they know my name?  Are our email addresses being given out?  I did not respond by email or in any way indicate my identity.  Is this not an anonymous board?  What's going on?  If I'm no longer anonymous, how can I feel safe posting here? ...

Thank You, Moderator, For Wishing Us All
Dec 28, 2014

I just realized that you might not have received a thank-you for the pretty graphic with "Merry Christmas" on it.  I appreciate you for all you do to keep these boards up and running.  It's a thankless job, I'm sure.  ...

I Know The Upgrade Is Not Completely Done, But Has The Moderator
Oct 17, 2009

I looked at all the forums and read all the primary posts (not the replies) and cannot find if the Moderator has addressed this, so if I missed it, sorry.  If not, does anyone know if the posts that are falling off Page 1 will be brought back when all the updates are complete and the archives are available?  I was looking for something that was posted on the first or second day when the new upgrade had just been done, and realized that what I had posted on the 8th (the day the upgrade ...

Moderator...question Has Gone Unanswered
Nov 04, 2009

Hello, I posted a question a few wks ago asking why I could not see links that I included in my post. You mentioned filling out the Contact Us form and include the link and describe the issue. I did that but did not receive a reply. Then I replied to my original post stating that I never heard back, and did not receive a reply to that either. Can you please address this issue? I would like to know what is happening to the links in my posts. Thank you. ...

Message Disappeared-MODERATOR
Sep 23, 2010

This is to the moderator:  I posted a note about an hour ago, and when I came back the message was gone.  It was about e-mails being misinterpreted.  It had no hate in it, didn't mention any names, just wanted to talk about it.  It had e-mail in the subject line.  If you know where it went, or why it was deleted, please let me know, and thanks! ...

REQUEST TO MODERATOR - Bringing This To The Top
Jul 02, 2012

Bringing this to the top because it has gotten a ways down now...but could we please have a board for Happy MT's where we can go and talk with our "coworkers" without being abused?  Even in the thread below requesting this, we have been told we are being insensitive for talking about being successful.  This is getting quite ridiculous and disgusting.  Can we please, please, please have "somewhere to go" to have a real discussion without name calling and abusiveness?  The ...

Moderator-Can You Get Rid Of Spouse Of Harried MT
Jul 12, 2012

I find it creepy that he is on here "talking" for his wife. He comes across as controlling and abusive and we don't need that here. I feel sorry for his wife. ...

Moderator: I Think IMedX Deserves Its Own Little Box
Mar 05, 2014

on the navigation column, just like MModal and Nuance. Seems they are growing at an extremely fast pace. ...

MODERATOR: New Forum Suggestion
Jun 01, 2015

A forum to support and assist people who are seeking to leave medical transcription.  Call it "The Exit Ramp". ...

Moderator - Search Feature Missing?
Oct 12, 2009

Oh no, moderate please tell me the search function for the word help board will be returning...please, please, please.  ...

Moderator, Where Did The Post Go Concerning The Job Ad For Pain Management MTs? (sm)
May 06, 2010

Just curious if you were able to confirm that it is a legitmate ad since the company's web site states different and the job ad remains on the board.  Thanks so much!!! ...

Okay, This Is Getting Ridiculous. Who Can Delete Messages Besides The Moderator?
Jun 26, 2010

I posted twice on this board asking specific questions. Both were deleted. Why? I recieved no message from the moderator, so what's going on? Can anyone answer? ...