A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Attention Moderator? - Suggestion

Posted: Apr 21, 2014

Please note the posts in re:  KEYS THAT PLEASE.

This company *may* be legitimate but they are requesting as part of a test process files up to 32 minutes long, that I believe are *also* current files.

A lot of newer MTs (and even not so new) may not realize this can be a red flag for scammers - people looking to get a backlog cleared up for 'free' under the guise of hiring for a true position.

Could you consider posting a warning to all posters to be careful about the testing process, AND also consider requiring companies to limit testing to certain parameters? 

Thanks in advance.

Would this be considered a major HIPAA violation? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Explain, please. - boo radley

[ In Reply To ..]
Who is in violation and how? This is not meant to be nasty. I am clueless.

Putting legitimate patient demographics out there. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Where does the OP - suggest such a thing?
[ In Reply To ..]
I think you mis-read the original post.
If the dictation is not a test, but a legitimate medical record, - it could be a HIPAA violation.
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
OK that's a point I think - if I am following
[ In Reply To ..]
Let me clarify: NO testing should ever include patient information, but that is not what I am referring to. (This likely is a HIPAA violation, but that would be on the employer, not the candidate.

A red flag is dictation that does contain patient information AND/OR a length dictation that is current.

I am trying to protect MTs from spending a lot of time TRANSCRIBING in the testing process because it can be a clue the company in question is getting their work done for free.

Written tests? That's different - it's up to the individual MT how much time they are willing to spend testing in that way, but it should not take 30 minutes of dictation for a potential LEGITIMATE employer to test a candidate.

Similar Messages:

Attention All Primadonna MTS
Feb 09, 2011

I am really amazed at the mentality of people on this board regarding testing.  "Geez my personal identity will be stolen etc., yet you are MTs and most of you use cell phones, etc, but have no worries about sending or receiving text messages and having your identity stolen, but you are PARANOID about taking a test  -- ie personal information being given.  Well yes, my computer was "hacked" but I do not believe it was from MTTEST.  If you go into the private sector ...

Pay Attention, MTSOs!
Feb 19, 2015

Hey MTSOs, I think you need to pay attention.  According to a news release, Wal-Mart is INCREASING their minimum wage pay to $9 by April of this year and then no less than $10 by February 2016.  Pretty bad when a local grocery chain knows how to treat their employees better than you do...not bring then down like you do.  They are trying to shed their bad image.  MTSOs...I bet you dont have the grapes to do the same thing WITHOUT raising production requirements.  No grape ...

If You Have Jury Duty Pay Attention
Mar 12, 2013

Make sure you enter it as jury duty and not "excused no pay."  Your CCM may tell you to enter it as the latter but in most if not all states, your employer is required to pay you.  ...

Attention UNM Manager - No Names Used.
Sep 05, 2013

Just need to let off some steam in case a UNM Manager happens to read this board.  So tired of all your perky little emails about how the team has to "pull together" on the weekends and show UNM "what this great team is made of."  FYI...this team is made of tired MTs typing their fingers to the bone, already having given up on reaching that bonus that barely exists.  Getting repeatedly warned about answering emails you send to us DEMANDING overtime responses, while ...

Question Before I Bring This To TSM Attention
Jan 08, 2014

This is my first time posting, but I hope you can be of help. Is the glucose in the CMP ever expressed as a decimal?  I have always thought it a whole number.  I left a blank after the glucose value where there  was a definite audio blip ending in "point 1."   I assumed this was the calcium value and doc cut the beginning off.  The account auto sends all blanks regardless of reason to QA.  ...

Attention California Employees
Apr 14, 2015

Nuance is required to pay for your 10-minute rest breaks separately and clearly display it on your pay stub.  You are owed 1 hour of pay for every day PAID breaks are not provided going back 3 years.  Their nonsense of stating breaks are figured into your line pay is illegal since when you log out to take a break, your production stops.  Contact your local labor commission.  ...

Attention: LK - Changing Background Color
May 10, 2011

I have a PC with Vista and a PC with Windows 7 and it is done differently than Windows XP.  Thought I would never figure it out.  Here goes.... Go to <control panel>  Click on <Ease of Access Center> Click on <Set up High Contrast> Click on <Choose a High Contrast Color Scheme> A box labeled <Appearance Settings> will come up.  There will be a drop down box with different choices.  I don't think it matters which theme you choose.&n ...

Been Paying Close Attention To My ASR Reports
Feb 07, 2012

not been ONE SINGLE LINE so far in any report that has not needed editing in some fashion.  Not ONE SINGLE LINE.  Usually multiple things in every line including stupid little words it leaves out, stupid things it adds, repetition by the doctor that it cannot discern, blatant errors of the ASR, punctuation, numbering, and on and on and on --- for 60% of my line rate?  If there are folks who have great ASR and can just breeze through with a cursory proofread, more power t ...

TTSers, QA Time, How Much Attention Are You Paying
Feb 08, 2013

to the endless QAing is done. Do you read intensely, do you learn much, is it tossed, is it sort of a maze for you to go through? Have worked a lot of years, never seen any company this intense on putting its workers through a wringer. I would say some there have the confidence of a slug with all this baloney. ...

Attention Employees... We Need Friday Hours. If You Do Not Volunteer,
Mar 19, 2010

Good thing I signed up for those Friday hours, only to get NJA.   What a bunch of Butt Face Jerks. ...

Everytime I Bring Consistent ASR Errors To The Attention Of Those Who
Nov 22, 2012

they blame it on the transcriptionists. I get told that this must be the way the transcriptions are editing the output. Are there really that may bad/horrible transcriptionists in the company??? I don't believe there are that many poor transcriptions..... unless they are using ILP's to train the ASR. Maybe that is the question I should be asking: Is the output so poor because you (the software techs) including ILP editing?? ...

Found This Very Interesting But How Can We Bring Attention To Our Industry?
Dec 22, 2013

I've included a link about a bill that proposes stricter definition/penalties for misclassifying employees/ICs.   We all know this is rampant in this industry; who would you contact about this?   http://www.pepperlaw.com/publications_update.aspx?ArticleKey=2792 ...

MODERATOR --
Oct 13, 2009

I am not sure if you are aware, but when i replied by e/m to a msg, the advertizing was in the way to where i could only see the right half of the text box in which I was writing.  Hope that can be fixed.  Thanks. ...

Moderator, Is There Any Way....
Oct 13, 2009

When posting a response to the OP, it could come directly under their post and not go to the bottom of the postings in that particular list? When a new post comes in, could it be highlighted at the top of the page like it was before? I think people actually like seeing those there so if of interest they can respond then. I know I did. I guess this is here to stay but gosh, with my old eyes I am having trouble seeing the cryptic letters to put in when I post something which means I sometimes ha ...

Moderator:
Oct 20, 2009

Can you tell me what happened to my post from yesterday, 10/19?  It was there in the afternoon and now gone this morning, the day after.  Thanks!  ...

To Moderator Re:
Jul 10, 2010

The Edit/Delete option only allows one to Edit a post.  The option to Delete one's own post is not available. Is this a permanent thing?  Or mabye part of the backup/lost post issue?  Will the Delete option be restored? Thank you. ...

MODERATOR - YOU NEED TO GET RID OF AD.......
Aug 22, 2012

Three times today an ad for FilipinoCupid.com for singles has popped up.  I really do not want to look at this. ...

FOR MODERATOR
Jan 30, 2014

The amount of ads on these boards is getting ridiculous.  Today there are ads for sex chat girls.  Highly offensive.  ...

VR Board- Moderator
Oct 19, 2009

I was able to get to the VR board only once and cannot get back. When I go that particular board nothing comes up now whereas it did at first. ...

Moderator..question Please
Oct 21, 2009

Why do I not see a link that I've added to a post? Am I just missing it? TIA ...

To Moderator: I'm The One Who Posted The
Dec 12, 2009

question below about how to remove a word from spell check.  Just wondering why it was moved to the technical board....I need to know specifically how to do this in Docuscribe, which is a MQ program.  I guess I should have been more specific.  :) ...

Moderator Question
Jan 18, 2010

Hi Moderator,   I posted an answer to someone on the Newbie Board on 01/17/2010, basically just congratulating the person who just finished school.   I received an email because of my above posting from Tonya (mitchemconsulting@msn.com) saying she MAY be hiring in the future and pay is low but to send my resume.   I wasn't looking for a job, just congratulating the poster.    Do you know how this Tonya person got my email?   Just curious.   Tha ...

To Moderator - Can We Have An IC Board?
May 21, 2010

It would be interesting and informative to have a board for ICs for questions, answers, etc.  JMO - I would like to see this. ...

Moderator - Isn't It Time Sm
Mar 07, 2012

for a Nuance Board? ...

Request To The Moderator
Jun 29, 2012

Moderator, I am fortunate enough to be a thriving MT and I would like to be able to hold conversations with my colleagues.  We don't have coworkers so this board is the closest thing to it and I would like to be able to discuss our advantages, disadvantages, compensation, etc., with the closest I'll come to a coworker without being abused.  I don't want to be called insensitive, a liar, a suit, etc., just because I am still a successful MT and would like to share it.&nbs ...

RE: REQUEST TO MODERATOR
Jul 03, 2012

We will not be creating a new board for "positive posts only."  You have the choice as to what posts you want to read.  If a post is too negative for you, simply do not read it.  Everyone has a right to their opinion.  I will continue to monitor for foul language, name calling, etc., but will not be trying to decipher what is too positive or too negative for your liking.  ...

Question For The Moderator
Jun 09, 2014

How did my employer know I posted on this board?  I was sent an email through the company's email system responding to a question I posed here.  How did they know my name?  Are our email addresses being given out?  I did not respond by email or in any way indicate my identity.  Is this not an anonymous board?  What's going on?  If I'm no longer anonymous, how can I feel safe posting here? ...

Thank You, Moderator, For Wishing Us All
Dec 28, 2014

I just realized that you might not have received a thank-you for the pretty graphic with "Merry Christmas" on it.  I appreciate you for all you do to keep these boards up and running.  It's a thankless job, I'm sure.  ...

I Know The Upgrade Is Not Completely Done, But Has The Moderator
Oct 17, 2009

I looked at all the forums and read all the primary posts (not the replies) and cannot find if the Moderator has addressed this, so if I missed it, sorry.  If not, does anyone know if the posts that are falling off Page 1 will be brought back when all the updates are complete and the archives are available?  I was looking for something that was posted on the first or second day when the new upgrade had just been done, and realized that what I had posted on the 8th (the day the upgrade ...

Moderator...question Has Gone Unanswered
Nov 04, 2009

Hello, I posted a question a few wks ago asking why I could not see links that I included in my post. You mentioned filling out the Contact Us form and include the link and describe the issue. I did that but did not receive a reply. Then I replied to my original post stating that I never heard back, and did not receive a reply to that either. Can you please address this issue? I would like to know what is happening to the links in my posts. Thank you. ...