A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MRSA s/l coriko causing the pneumonia - Anon

Posted: Feb 11, 2011

Elderly patient who has MRSA pneumonia except that she doesn't. After listing MRSA in the discharge diagnosis, doc says, "It is unlikely that MRSA was the main s/l coriko causing the pneumonia." Then he says, "At this point, patient will have corondaysation/comondaysation with MRSA." Help, please??

mrsa - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The first word might be "culprit".

The second word sounds like "colonization", but if so, then the syntax of the sentence might warrant another listen.

I had to leave blanks, but I'm writing down your suggestions - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Colonization makes a lot of sense. The doctor is heavy ESL so I don't know if he'd actually know the word "culprit." It's funny, but the only time this doctor has ever stopped to clarify the spelling of anything was when he spelled the word "Bacardi." They probably don't have it wherever he's from.

re culprit - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
ESL doctors are not stupid. Culprit is not an unusual or complicated word; it is frequently used in medicine, making it quite likely that a physician - ESL or not - is familiar with the word.

Let's try to remember that having an accent doesn't mean you're simple.

And believe me, Bacardi is everywhere.
Not everyone is a drinker - Mordor
[ In Reply To ..]
Especially certain ESL docs who may have a religious background in which drinking alcohol is forbidden. S/he may well have thought that Bacardi was an unfamiliar term and was kind enough to spell it.

Similar Messages:

...treatment Of An Ileus/MRSA (s/l Cafeteria) Pneumonia.
Jul 13, 2012

nm ...

MRSA?
Sep 21, 2010

Has anyone every heard of MRSA being dictated as "mersa"?  I'm pretty sure she is referring to MRSA, but I wanted to make sure first. ...

MRSA Question
Sep 25, 2010

Is the "M" capitalized in Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus????  ...

MRSA Cellulitis?
Jan 17, 2011

The doctor is saying MRSA cellulitis s/l varices? It's sort of like a folliculitis infection. Thanks! ...

Pneumonia
Jun 09, 2010

The doctor sounds like she is saying bilobular pneuomina but i am not sure if that is the correct term.  Can anyone help? :) ...

Is Pneumonia Ever Abbreviated As PNA?
Mar 15, 2011

It definitely sounds like she's saying PNA but we are not supposed to use abbreviations in diagnoses and according to the rest of the report, the patient has pneumonia. Or is this an abbreviation for a kind of pneumonia?   Any help would be appreciated.     ...

Rhodococcus Pneumonia
Apr 12, 2012

ESL dictator stating patient direct admit for rhodococcus pneumonia by ID Dr. All i can find for this is rhodococcus pneumonia in horses.  Any ideas if this is correct?  Thanks! ...

Pseudomonas Pneumonia
Jun 15, 2012

If "pseudomonas pneumonia" was dictated just like that, how would you transcribe it?  Pseudomonas or pseudomonas? ...

Could Bayscribe Be Causing My Computer To Be Slow Or Freeze Up?
Jun 21, 2015

I run maintenance on my computer weekly and everything is always up to date.  But I've noticed that Bayscribe and IE tend to freeze up or move extremely slow and I'm not sure if it's the program or my computer itself. ...

Is This Supposed To Be Left As MRSA In The Assessment?
May 08, 2010

Is this supposed to be left as MRSA in the assessment?? The client profile says nothing about it?  I thought we had no abbeviations in the assessment unless the client profile stated that. ?? ...

Pneumonia Versus Pneumonias
Nov 09, 2010

Is pneumonias a valid plural form? I can't find it in any dictionaries. ...

I Was Getting A Little Worried About The Plates On The Tibia Causing Some S/l Recker Vodum.
Oct 16, 2011

TIA! ...

IT Or SOUND CARD Causing Hard-to-hear Dictation?
Oct 20, 2011

Anyone having dictation sound quality problems?  I do not know how to describe it or determine from whence it comes - is it a software issue, a sound card issue, a memory issue.  It most certainly is not a "phone" or "dictator" issue, although they can make it worse.  I hear a tinny wave-like change to voice and pauses, affecting the landmark consonants.  It sounds electrical - I used to call it distortion.  Now it seems to be 1/2 of my day - some are MT, some ME.  ...

ADHD - Possible Medication Side Effect Causing Eating Problems?
Oct 06, 2010

I realize some of the ADHD medications can cause weight loss but have never heard of this and not sure - although it's very clear - can someone help? Patient is a 6-year-old white male currently taking Concerta 27 mg daily, methylphenidate 5 mg in the afternoon.  Taking the weekends off for s/l some pensatory eating. Thanks!   ...

"Luncal" Assessment Was Unremarkable Causing ...
Jan 31, 2010

the patient to be more ticklish than pain.  Dictator has a very strong accent, but it sounds like luncal.  Thought pehaps it might be truncal, but I hear the L vey clearly.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  ...

Intense "pharitis?" Causing Itching
Apr 10, 2012

Doc dictates "The patient has rather intense (pharitis?) in the calf area that I saw him scratching." Could possibly be "varitis" with a "v" and not a "ph." This is a pretty clear recording and a doctor without an accent, but I am stumped. Any thoughts? ...

Arthrocentesis With "i-slits" Of MRSA And Pseudomonas.
Jul 13, 2012

S/L "florid" Left Lower Lobe Pneumonia.sm TIA!
Aug 24, 2011

Pt recovering from left lower lobe pneumonia. S/L "florid" left lower lobe infiltrate ...

MRSA S/l Providence Urecteri.. Or Providence Or Retcuri??
Jul 02, 2010

. ...

"cocci" Pneumonia-sm
Sep 16, 2010

How is this correctly transcribed? ?Coccidioides (the patient does have a sputum culture positive for C. immitis).  ?coccidioidal Help, please.  ...