A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Could Bayscribe be causing my computer to be slow or freeze up? - sm

Posted: Jun 21, 2015

I run maintenance on my computer weekly and everything is always up to date.  But I've noticed that Bayscribe and IE tend to freeze up or move extremely slow and I'm not sure if it's the program or my computer itself.

It is IE9 - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I think it is IE9. Bayscribe requires IE9 and it is so old, slow and out of date, most other websites won't even work. Sometimes IE will freeze up and close windows, even the Bayscribe window and I have to go back in and retrieve the job again. It's such a nuisance. So I don't think it's your computer or a virus. I am switching everything non-work related to Firefox. Hulu and Netflix will not work on IE9 and Amazon was getting wonky. I even use Google and Bing on Firefox and email too. So the only windows I keep open in IE are Bayscribe and my timesheet. What a waste, can't even get the upgrade to Windows 10 because of this slow, antiquated software.

Thanks very much! I'll try that too and hopefully it'll speed up! - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Not Sure If My Computer Is Slow Or If Is The Website.
Oct 15, 2009

I work online for an MT compnay on a website.  Whenever I sign on this website, my computer gets extremely slow.  If I sign onto other websites, my computer speeds back up.  Is it possible this could be the company I work for problem or is it just my computer? ...

Computer Running Slow
Aug 06, 2010

Is anyone elses computer running slower since they installed the new Email?  Also how often do you do disk defrag?  Thanks. ...

Computer Slow Downs?
Mar 18, 2011

Anyone else having MAJOR slow downs with the computer system over the last hour or so? ...

Computer Running Very Slow
Jun 29, 2014

Are any of you having computer issues today, with the computer running really slow uploading, etc.? ...

A Way To Put My Bayscribe Expander Onto A Different Computer
Jun 05, 2010

Anyone out there in MT land know of a way to put my Bayscribe expander onto a different computer.  I thought it was supposed to just automatically download or something if you were switching computers but mine does not.  I tried upgrading the tools and that did not help and neither did taking the tools off and putting them back on.  Any ideas?  I have a bad feeling I can't do it at all and I sure do not want to put all of my expanded terms in all over again.  TIA. ...

New Computer - Bayscribe Shortcuts Gone. Help!
May 31, 2012

I had to get a new computer, and now when I log in to Bayscribe, all my shortcuts are gone.  I don't want to have to start all over.  Any tips?  Thanks! ...

Is It My Computer Or Is Docqscribe Super Slow Today
Aug 01, 2012

Seems to be taking forever to download and upload jobs today..Took 3 tries to get the program to start this morning, got error messages.. My internet soeed is fine. ...

Okay So Say It's A Wage Freeze
Oct 17, 2012

If our rates are frozen at 8/4, are manager's salaries also frozen? If they can find more money to pay them, can they not find more money to pay us?  I'm not even going to discuss Amy's salary.  I'm sure she gets a "cost of living" increase that's about equal to my annual pay. ...

Brain Freeze
Jun 16, 2015

What is the ^ used for in a medical report.....I totally have  brain freeze, and have looked everywhere! Example: SOAP Note ^Exam today shows a scattering of...... Thanks in advance ...

MRSA S/l Coriko Causing The Pneumonia
Feb 11, 2011

Elderly patient who has MRSA pneumonia except that she doesn't. After listing MRSA in the discharge diagnosis, doc says, "It is unlikely that MRSA was the main s/l coriko causing the pneumonia." Then he says, "At this point, patient will have corondaysation/comondaysation with MRSA." Help, please?? ...

Patient First - Hiring Freeze Might Be Lifted?
Apr 19, 2015

Does anyone have any info on when their hiring freeze might be lifted?  Still hoping .... Thanks! ...

Hiring Freeze For Ambulatory, But Openings For 20 Acute...
Sep 25, 2014

Guess that means 20 experienced MTs get the boot next week.  ...

I Was Getting A Little Worried About The Plates On The Tibia Causing Some S/l Recker Vodum.
Oct 16, 2011

TIA! ...

IT Or SOUND CARD Causing Hard-to-hear Dictation?
Oct 20, 2011

Anyone having dictation sound quality problems?  I do not know how to describe it or determine from whence it comes - is it a software issue, a sound card issue, a memory issue.  It most certainly is not a "phone" or "dictator" issue, although they can make it worse.  I hear a tinny wave-like change to voice and pauses, affecting the landmark consonants.  It sounds electrical - I used to call it distortion.  Now it seems to be 1/2 of my day - some are MT, some ME.  ...

ADHD - Possible Medication Side Effect Causing Eating Problems?
Oct 06, 2010

I realize some of the ADHD medications can cause weight loss but have never heard of this and not sure - although it's very clear - can someone help? Patient is a 6-year-old white male currently taking Concerta 27 mg daily, methylphenidate 5 mg in the afternoon.  Taking the weekends off for s/l some pensatory eating. Thanks!   ...

Double Nitrogen Freeze Slip, Slick, Or Stick For Actinic Keratoses?
Jul 01, 2011

xx ...

Totally Stumped/brain Freeze. Drug Name. Sounds Like "methaterracitam."
Sep 07, 2011

Thanks in advance. ...

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

Own Personal Computer Versus MQ Supplied Computer?
Jul 18, 2011

The reason I ask this question is for my internet I have a USB modem.  Do the computers supplied by Q have any extra USB ports so I can plug my Verizon in there? Thanks! ...

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...

"Luncal" Assessment Was Unremarkable Causing ...
Jan 31, 2010

the patient to be more ticklish than pain.  Dictator has a very strong accent, but it sounds like luncal.  Thought pehaps it might be truncal, but I hear the L vey clearly.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  ...

Intense "pharitis?" Causing Itching
Apr 10, 2012

Doc dictates "The patient has rather intense (pharitis?) in the calf area that I saw him scratching." Could possibly be "varitis" with a "v" and not a "ph." This is a pretty clear recording and a doctor without an accent, but I am stumped. Any thoughts? ...

Slow DQS
Feb 03, 2010

I would still like to hear from more of you about whether or not you have problems with DQS being slow.  Today was one of the worst days I have ever had.  I recently spent over 3 hours with support but no one has a definitive answer.  I can tell you all that when Kaspersky does a virus scan, you cannot work at all.  You may not even be able to get into Schedule Source to sign out.  No one in tech support can tell whether it is my computer, my DSL, or some other reason an ...

DQS Slow?
Aug 01, 2010

Is anyone else having trouble with DQS moving slowly this morning?  It's taking forever for the few jobs trickling in to download, ADT searches to run, etc.  I've been having some internet issues, so I'm not sure if it's me or DQS. Thanks! ...

DQS Slow
Sep 01, 2010

Anyone else noticing reports loading very slowly on DQS ...

Slow Work?
Oct 14, 2009

Is anyone else slow? So far this week I've had less then 40 small reports. ...

DQS Slow Or Not Working?
Feb 17, 2010

Is DQS having a problem today?  I cant download a report. ...

Slow Job Downloading
Feb 24, 2010

Anybody else sick of DQS sometimes taking forever to download a job and then being told that it is either our computer's fault or our internet connection??  My internet and computer has not changed since this started happening.  However, it did start when they updated DQS, but, of course, that can't be the reason! ...

Seems Strange That Everything In MQ Is So Slow.
Apr 13, 2010

Every site having to do with MQ is as slow as molasses.  Other Internet sites whiz along.  Trying to check MQ E-mail, clock in, etc. is always a draaaaaaaaggggg.  Is it their equipment or poor IT I wonder?  Either way, once again makes you wonder about their accuracy on any of our numbers.  Does their software "catch" everything or are some of my lines are flying past while it is dragging like a snail?   ...

Slow MT Transcription
Oct 14, 2010

Hi all, I am a new transcriptionist.  I have a job with a very small company that's doing transcription for a group of hospitals in Florida.  The lady who hired me is so nice.  She is training me and I am producing a quality product, but I am so slow!  I'm averaging about 100 lines per hour because I have to look some things up or the doctors take such long breaks to look things up in the record in front of them.  Also, the doctors tend to say one thing and the ...