A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

intense "pharitis?" causing itching - sm

Posted: Apr 10, 2012

Doc dictates "The patient has rather intense (pharitis?) in the calf area that I saw him scratching."

Could possibly be "varitis" with a "v" and not a "ph." This is a pretty clear recording and a doctor without an accent, but I am stumped. Any thoughts?

pruritus - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

try pruritus nm - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]

pruritis - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Now I feel silly! Thanks!

Pruritus IS itching - Maybe dictator means scratching...-nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Itching Vs Scratching
Apr 20, 2011

If a doctor dictates itching instead of scratching, as in patient was itching the area, do you change it to scratching?  Or is that too much editing? ...

MRSA S/l Coriko Causing The Pneumonia
Feb 11, 2011

Elderly patient who has MRSA pneumonia except that she doesn't. After listing MRSA in the discharge diagnosis, doc says, "It is unlikely that MRSA was the main s/l coriko causing the pneumonia." Then he says, "At this point, patient will have corondaysation/comondaysation with MRSA." Help, please?? ...

Could Bayscribe Be Causing My Computer To Be Slow Or Freeze Up?
Jun 21, 2015

I run maintenance on my computer weekly and everything is always up to date.  But I've noticed that Bayscribe and IE tend to freeze up or move extremely slow and I'm not sure if it's the program or my computer itself. ...

I Was Getting A Little Worried About The Plates On The Tibia Causing Some S/l Recker Vodum.
Oct 16, 2011

TIA! ...

IT Or SOUND CARD Causing Hard-to-hear Dictation?
Oct 20, 2011

Anyone having dictation sound quality problems?  I do not know how to describe it or determine from whence it comes - is it a software issue, a sound card issue, a memory issue.  It most certainly is not a "phone" or "dictator" issue, although they can make it worse.  I hear a tinny wave-like change to voice and pauses, affecting the landmark consonants.  It sounds electrical - I used to call it distortion.  Now it seems to be 1/2 of my day - some are MT, some ME.  ...

ADHD - Possible Medication Side Effect Causing Eating Problems?
Oct 06, 2010

I realize some of the ADHD medications can cause weight loss but have never heard of this and not sure - although it's very clear - can someone help? Patient is a 6-year-old white male currently taking Concerta 27 mg daily, methylphenidate 5 mg in the afternoon.  Taking the weekends off for s/l some pensatory eating. Thanks!   ...

"Luncal" Assessment Was Unremarkable Causing ...
Jan 31, 2010

the patient to be more ticklish than pain.  Dictator has a very strong accent, but it sounds like luncal.  Thought pehaps it might be truncal, but I hear the L vey clearly.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.  ...