A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ADHD - possible medication side effect causing eating problems? - LE

Posted: Oct 06, 2010

I realize some of the ADHD medications can cause weight loss but have never heard of this and not sure - although it's very clear - can someone help?

Patient is a 6-year-old white male currently taking Concerta 27 mg daily, methylphenidate 5 mg in the afternoon.  Taking the weekends off for s/l some pensatory eating.

Thanks!

Compensatory maybe? nm - TXMT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Thanks - - LE

[ In Reply To ..]
After listening over and over, I believe he's actually saying "some compensatory eating" but just running the "somecom" together to the point where the "com" is barely there.

Similar Messages:

Side Effect To Chemo....s/l Desbusia, Grade 1
Dec 03, 2009

. ...

Side Effect Of Radiation Therapy, S/l Merdy Or Verdy Necrosis Of Mandible.
Aug 15, 2011

:) ...

Acute Side Effect Of Radaition Therapy Include Skin Erythema And "tumor A Ditis" T
Dec 20, 2010

The acute side effects of radiation therapy include skin erythema, desquamation, and reaction called tumoraditis ...

Gum Chewing, Sandwich Eating, Potato Chip Eating Doctors Make Me Want To Puke
Apr 03, 2011

nm ...

Flexeril..."We Discussed The Side Effects And/in Full Use Of This Medication" Which Makes
Jan 25, 2011

I am torn as to whether the doctor is saying AND as in telling the patient things Flexeril can help with or IN as in referring to the side effects experienced if a patient uses it regularly...thoughts? Thank you... ...

To Affect Or To Effect, As In To Effect Change, I Have Seen Both. Nm
May 18, 2011

xxx ...

Sounds Like Blake Side Or Plate Side Drainage
Jun 16, 2015

transcribing cardiology report. Patient has an LVAD and what sounds like "blake side" or "plate site" drainage treated with antibiotics. I am stumped. ...

This Job Is Boring..and I Have ADHD
Mar 20, 2012

Before ASR I was able to listen to music and it worked very well.. Lately I am off in about 9000 different directions at one time..any ideas? ...

ADHD Med S/l Robatrin
Jun 10, 2013

Typing for a PSYCH account. ADHD med s/l Robatrin. Please help! Thank you! ...

Drug S/l Di-vo-nase - Pt With Hx Of Asthma, ADHD, Epilepsy And
Aug 24, 2011

x ...

Help Needed Report Card Grade For ADHD ...sm
May 08, 2012

I can't figure this out - ? regarding grading in elementary school.  Patient has ADHD and had three s/l "N" on his report card and the rest were acceptable grades.  Thanks for help!     ...

MRSA S/l Coriko Causing The Pneumonia
Feb 11, 2011

Elderly patient who has MRSA pneumonia except that she doesn't. After listing MRSA in the discharge diagnosis, doc says, "It is unlikely that MRSA was the main s/l coriko causing the pneumonia." Then he says, "At this point, patient will have corondaysation/comondaysation with MRSA." Help, please?? ...

Do You Ever Wonder What They Are Eating?
Aug 02, 2010

I have had the same dictator for about 20 minutes worth of files.  She has been eating the whole time.  I swear it sounds like cheese doodles or something.  ...

Could Bayscribe Be Causing My Computer To Be Slow Or Freeze Up?
Jun 21, 2015

I run maintenance on my computer weekly and everything is always up to date.  But I've noticed that Bayscribe and IE tend to freeze up or move extremely slow and I'm not sure if it's the program or my computer itself. ...

EATING WHILE DICTATING!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 03, 2012

SO SICK OF DICTATORS EATING HARD CANDY, CHEWING GUM AND EATING CRUNCHY FOOD WHILE DICTATING!!!!!!!!!! NERVE WRACKING AND TIME CONSUMING WHILE WAITING FOR THEM TO MOVE THEIR FOOD AROUND AND SWALLOW!!!  NOT TO MENTION THE RATTLING OF CHIP BAGS....HOW UNPROFESSIONAL CAN YOU GET?????????? ...

Eating While Dictating
Apr 18, 2014

Note to all doctors who eat while dictating... STOP IT! Okay, you jerks swore to do no harm. You violate that oath every single time you pick up a phone and dictate. Eating while dictating is just one of the many things you do. How would you like it if someone came up to you and started chewing their food right in your ears? Oh, you wouldn't? Gee, could have fooled me! What's that you say? No one would show a doctor that kind of disrespect? You are nothing but an over-educated, self in ...

I Was Getting A Little Worried About The Plates On The Tibia Causing Some S/l Recker Vodum.
Oct 16, 2011

TIA! ...

IT Or SOUND CARD Causing Hard-to-hear Dictation?
Oct 20, 2011

Anyone having dictation sound quality problems?  I do not know how to describe it or determine from whence it comes - is it a software issue, a sound card issue, a memory issue.  It most certainly is not a "phone" or "dictator" issue, although they can make it worse.  I hear a tinny wave-like change to voice and pauses, affecting the landmark consonants.  It sounds electrical - I used to call it distortion.  Now it seems to be 1/2 of my day - some are MT, some ME.  ...

Wanting Your Cake And Eating It Too
Jan 12, 2010

It is extremely easily to apply for unemployment insurance.  Medquist has not fought one single claim to date.  I think everybody should start trusting the government a little more!  Medquist got in trouble for legal reasons not because somebody said something bad about them. You have to train full time to qualify for TAA.  They pay you while you train, but face it, at some point to go to school full time....you might have to quit the Q! Who you gonna trust? ...

This Jerk Must Be Eating A 7-course Meal
Apr 25, 2010

I hate it hate it HATE it when they're eating and dictating.  Chew chew swallow burp chew.  I'm getting endless report after endless report, same dictator, still eating.  God, he must be chomping his way through a 7-course meal.  If I could jump into the computer and throttle him, I would.  YUCK. ...

EATING WHILE DICTATING...AAARRRGGGHHH
Aug 24, 2012

WHY, WHY, WHY.  So disgusting, so loud, so disrespectful.  Sorry....just ewww and please stop it. ...

To Dictating Nurse Eating Lunch
Dec 21, 2014

That was such a clever idea to multitask and eat your lunch while dictating, killing two birds with one stone, as they say.  It's so cute and funny hearing muffled words through your chomps and swallows.  I wish I could return the gesture and make your day more pleasant too.  Merry Christmas. ...

Eating Disorder - S/l Counsel One Pack Each Morning.
Jun 14, 2013

In med list so may or may not be eating disorder related. ...

Effect Or Affect?
Nov 11, 2009

1) The patient will be given medication to effect bowel movement prior to discharge today.   OR--   2) The patient will be given medication to affect bowel movement prior to discharge today. ...

Affect Vs Effect ?
Nov 24, 2009

Just finishing up the night shift and want to go to bed and let the Sudafed take me away.  I'm thinking it's affect (the noun), but just want some input to be sure (overtired paranoia setting in).  Of course, this is the last note of the night too.  If I weren't tired, I know I wouldn't be doubting myself.  I have given her a note to that affect. - or - I have given her a note to that effect. Thanks! ...

Affect/Effect
Jun 10, 2010

The doc I work for frequently says "and he will increase the dosage until he experiences exessive side effects or good affect." I know the first "side effects" is correct, but I believe the later he means "good effect" and he just says it incorrectly, but I question myself each time. Is there anyone who can clarify this for me? I am most appreciative! ...

Affect And Effect
Oct 08, 2010

Significant artifact affecting the resting phase of the study. Is this correct or should it be effecting?  This is not a test. It is an actual report I am doing this morning.  My mind is shot. ...

Affect Or Effect
Apr 05, 2011

Is there an easy way to know if you should use affect or effect? ...

Affect Vs. Effect
Feb 11, 2012

I have been an MT for years and years and years (not telling my age haha) but I still to this day have the hardest time with affect versus effect...anyone have any genious tips on which to use when would be greatly appreciated??? For instance:  It is hard to determine what affect/effect the medication will have or how it will affect/effect the patient's outcome. The only one I am really positive about is when it has to do with the patient's affect. Thanks you are all the best ...

S/L Jurger's Effect
Jun 05, 2012

Need HELP!!!   He is saying The only thing to consider would be tensioning the tendon with a repeat surgery, however, this may lead to decreased flexion and S/L Jurger's effect ...