A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is pneumonia ever abbreviated as PNA? - Old part-timer

Posted: Mar 15, 2011

It definitely sounds like she's saying PNA but we are not supposed to use abbreviations in diagnoses and according to the rest of the report, the patient has pneumonia. Or is this an abbreviation for a kind of pneumonia?

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes it is. Link inside to abbreviation site. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Abbreviated PND
Nov 26, 2011

Has anyone ever heard this term before?  I can't seem to verify if it is correct or not.   ...

Medication Abbreviated As NTGN?
Mar 24, 2012

I have a new doc who is abbreviation happy and in the list of meds he just says "p.r.n. NTGN." I can't find anything with that abbreviation either in Drugs.com or in AcronymFinder.com and putting in p.r.n. NTGN into Google just gives me a list of teen p*rn sites!!!  Ack!!! I'm sending this to QA as I don't want to leave that abbreviation in the med list on a consult but I'm grateful for any ideas or suggestions.  ...

Abbreviating Words That Shouldn't Be Abbreviated?
Jun 18, 2011

How do you treat words that the physician abbreviates that shouldn't necessarily be abbreviated? For example, I'm transcribing for an ENT physician's assistant who routinely will abbreviate medications or conditions in her haste to speak quickly. In a dictation I'm working on now, the patient has "a perfed TM and is on Oflox. otic suspension" (the patient has a perforated TM and is on Ofloxacin otic suspension). I tend to remove the abbreviations and type out the full word ...

Pneumonia
Jun 09, 2010

The doctor sounds like she is saying bilobular pneuomina but i am not sure if that is the correct term.  Can anyone help? :) ...

Rhodococcus Pneumonia
Apr 12, 2012

ESL dictator stating patient direct admit for rhodococcus pneumonia by ID Dr. All i can find for this is rhodococcus pneumonia in horses.  Any ideas if this is correct?  Thanks! ...

Pseudomonas Pneumonia
Jun 15, 2012

If "pseudomonas pneumonia" was dictated just like that, how would you transcribe it?  Pseudomonas or pseudomonas? ...

Pneumonia Versus Pneumonias
Nov 09, 2010

Is pneumonias a valid plural form? I can't find it in any dictionaries. ...

MRSA S/l Coriko Causing The Pneumonia
Feb 11, 2011

Elderly patient who has MRSA pneumonia except that she doesn't. After listing MRSA in the discharge diagnosis, doc says, "It is unlikely that MRSA was the main s/l coriko causing the pneumonia." Then he says, "At this point, patient will have corondaysation/comondaysation with MRSA." Help, please?? ...

...treatment Of An Ileus/MRSA (s/l Cafeteria) Pneumonia.
Jul 13, 2012

nm ...

S/L "florid" Left Lower Lobe Pneumonia.sm TIA!
Aug 24, 2011

Pt recovering from left lower lobe pneumonia. S/L "florid" left lower lobe infiltrate ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard "fractures" Being Abbreviated To "fracts"?
Sep 11, 2010

"DEXA - osteopenia - s/l frax major osteoporotic 8.  Hip fracture risk 2.2 - below threshold of treatment." Thanks for any help! ...

"cocci" Pneumonia-sm
Sep 16, 2010

How is this correctly transcribed? ?Coccidioides (the patient does have a sputum culture positive for C. immitis).  ?coccidioidal Help, please.  ...