A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

nitro expanded? - newbie

Posted: Mar 15, 2012

If a doc says "nitro" and the account wants expansion of slang, does nitro get expanded to nitroglycerin or might there be other expansions?  If there were other expansions and I wasn't sure then I would just leave it blank.  My drug book has other drugs beginning with nitro but not sure if "nitro" is slang specifically for nitroglycerin.  Thanks for any help.

nitro expands to nitroglycerin - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

thanks! - newbie

[ In Reply To ..]
thanks nm

Similar Messages:

Nitro Drip
Jan 03, 2010

Should the expression "nitro drip" be used?  I have a note from quite awhile back saying that this should be changed to nitroglycerin infusion.  The doc is dictating nitro drip.  ...

Nitro-Dur Doseage Help
Mar 25, 2010

I am working on a practice discharge summary report and the doctor dictates very plainly." Nitro-Dur Roman numeral II 10 mg q 24 hours.  I cannot locate information for the Roman numeral II doseage. Can anyone help me with this? ...

Nitropaste - NTP - Nitro-Bid
May 20, 2010

The majority of providers dictate "nitropaste" applied to the chest.  Is this a generic name, and if so, for what? I have been told to transcribe it as "nitroglycerin paste." What is the correct form? ...

Word Expanded
May 25, 2010

I'm currently trancribing reports in microsft word but I'm looking to create expanders to increase my speed.  Does anyone know if Word has this feature or should I buy a text expander program?  Is there a text expander program that is affordable and decent? ...

Is HCTZ Okay Or Does It Always Get Expanded?
Jul 30, 2010

Or does it vary by account?  I thought it was kind of slang. ...

Nitro Thyroid?
Sep 06, 2010

The doctor is listing meds.  She does not say the woman has a history of thyroid problems.  She does have a history of angina, however.   She says the woman's medications include:  Nitro thyroid?  Is this a drug?  I can't find it anywhere.   Thanks in advance. ...

Are You Paid For Expanded Macros?
Nov 10, 2010

I just recently started on a new account where there are lots of macros we have to spend time choosing and selecting carefully.  I'm not sure if I'm even getting paid for the fully expanded macros or just wasting time while the doc mumbles and fumbles about which macros to choose and all for free.  I have an E-mail in to the supervisor, but the more advanced technology gets in this field, the more it seems we work for free.  I'm venturing that we do not get paid fo ...

Can't Verify Nitro Stick For Bleeding.
Feb 08, 2010

NM ...

Drug S/l Nitro Pure...can't Document?
Nov 01, 2010

:) ...

Dictaphone - Hit Some Keys And Now My Tool Bar Has Expanded
Nov 17, 2010

I accidently hit some keys and now my tool bar has expanded and shows  what look like editing tabs?  (speech) right. (speech) etc.   But I have no idea what I hit so I don't know how to undo.  Any ideas?   I am in Word 07.   Thank you ...

How Many Of You Spell Nitro As Nitroglycerin Or Nitroglycerine? Nm
May 09, 2012

xxx ...

Is Q.h.s. Expanded Jeopardizing Patient Safety?
Jun 14, 2012

I should have looked into this a litte further a few months ago but it made me fail an audit because I expanded it.  I thought it was still a no,no to use it.  My bad. ...

Nitro Sublingual Tablets P.r.n. Chest Pain
Oct 17, 2009

Is nitro short for nitroglycerin or is there a drug called just Nitro?  I can't find this drug on drugs.com. ...

How Do You Put 20-year-old In Auto Correct/expanded Type?
Jul 21, 2011

sx ...

BG Chem/chem BG - Expanded - Sm
Sep 19, 2012

I know this has come up before but we can't find anything definitive.  Anyone know how to properly transcribe the full version of this abbreviation?     Thanks in advance:) ...

Is The "S" In Staph Aureus Capped, Or Only Capped When Expanded To Staphylococcus Aureus?
Dec 12, 2009

XXX ...