A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How do you put 20-year-old in auto correct/expanded type? - Thanks. No message

Posted: Jul 21, 2011

sx

y-o - ohiocarole

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, you can't have to actually type 20-
and then put yo in as year-old. Otherwise you get an extra space. I know PRD expander will insert without the space but MS Word doesn't recognize it. There are probably other expanders out there that will work too but pretty pricey.

In autocorrect type simply this ;yo - Hayseed

[ In Reply To ..]
In the "replace" box type in ;yo
In the "With" box type in -year-old

Then test it out. Whenever you type a number immediately followed by the ;yo (no space!) 20;yo it should automatically format it to 20-year-old

Repeat ;mo for -month-old if you'd like etc.
:-)

THANK YOU - Not the original poster

[ In Reply To ..]
but I was trying to figure out how to fix mine the other night so it didn't have an extra space I had to fix. I had to add a character (;yox) but it works like a charm!
Thank you - I didn't know that - ohiocarole
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

How Would You Type, 69- Nearly 70-year-old Woman? Would That Be Correct? Thanks! Nm
Sep 22, 2012

.. ...

Please Help Me With Auto Correct....
Jan 22, 2010

It is suddenly not working. Is there some way it can get turned off?  Thanks. ...

DQS Auto Correct
Sep 24, 2010

How do you turn off auto correct in DQS. Starting a new job Monday and plan on using SH so do not want the Auto Correct.  Job not at MQ. Seems I've come full circle since working at home. Started out with a compahy bought by MQ, using DQS. Left and now back using it again 7-8 years later.  Not sure if that is good or bad. Thanks for the help. ...

Turning Off Auto Correct
Sep 24, 2010

Can someone please tell me how to turn off Auto Correct. Will be starting a new job Monday and using SH, not Auto Correct.  Thanks! ...

Question Regarding Auto Correct
Feb 10, 2011

Is it possible to transfer/copy/move my auto correct entries from my Windows XP (2002 or 2003) desktop to my Windows 2010 laptop?  TIA very much.  ...

Transfer My Auto Correct
Oct 01, 2012

Is there a way to transfer my auto corrects from my computer to the computer of my employer? ...

Auto Correct Files (please Don't Yell At Me)
Feb 07, 2010

I recently posted that I was finally done with the Q and hired by another company.  True, dat.  However, I forgot this one little thing. . .my auto corrects.  I rely on them extensively and it will set me back a bunch if I have to start all over again. I'll bet I've seen and read the instructions on how to do this a dozen times here at MT Stars. Now when I go back 3 months in the archives to find these how-to's, besides going cross-eyed and giving myself a headache ...

How To Use MS WORD Auto Correct Within Winscribe???
May 04, 2011

Does anyone know how to use MSWord auto correct when in side the winscribe system?  If so, I would really appreciate some guidance.   Thank you so much.   Gloria ...

Flash Drive To Say Auto-correct
Jun 09, 2011

A flash drive sounds like a great way to save auto-correct, but I can't find anything in word to tell me how to copy/backup auto-correct??? TIA ...

Auto-correct As A Word Expander
Jun 09, 2011

I use auto-correct as a word expander.  It works well for my account and company.  I am looking to see if anyone knows of a place that I can go to and get more ideas of additional abbreviations.  I have created my own thus far, but there has to be some other ideas for other words and phrases.  I am also looking for how to backup auto-correct in case heaven forbid my computer goes down.  TIA :) ...

Word Auto Correct Question
Sep 24, 2011

Not sure if this is the right board to ask this question, if not please forgive.  I need to know if anyone out there knows in Word how to auto correct format (-year-old or -month-old).  I just can't remember how to do it, as it has been so long.  I would appreciate any help out there.  Thanks! ...

Auto Correct In Word 2003
Oct 15, 2011

Hi . Can anyone please tell me how to make an auto correct entry in Word 2003 for -year-old with a backspace? ...

Is Auto-Correct A Sufficient Expander For EScription? Do I Need
Dec 02, 2009

If I do need Shorthand, is the $29 one-year trial of it okay, or do I need to get the $99 permanent license? ...

Backup Dictionary And Auto Correct Entries
Dec 09, 2009

Can someone please tell me how to back up my custom dictionary and auto correct entries in Word 2000?  Thank you so much! ...

Auto Correct In Word 2010 - From Below Post
Feb 12, 2011

I copied and pasted my auto correct from Word 2002 from my desktop onto my laptop Word 2010.  I can see the file there but when I open auto correct, only some, very few, of the entries are there.  I have three auto correct files on my desktop and tried copying/pasting all of them into my laptop, but still only some of the entries are on my laptop.  What am I doing wrong or is there something I have to do on my laptop to activate all .acl files?  Thanks. ...

Moving Saved Auto Correct Entries To New Computer
Nov 09, 2010

the new computer is vista with word 2007. the old computer ran XP with word 2000. i have backed the auto correct entries up on a jump drive but cant figure out how to install in word 2007, any ideas? also need to download a new spell checker or figure out how to get the old one from word 2000, as I cant find the CD where I orginally installed stedmans. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated!! ...

How Would You Type: For The Past Year-year And A Half?
Sep 09, 2011

.. ...

Instant Text And Auto Correct Are Compatible With Enterprise Express Editor?
Aug 16, 2012

Does anyone know if Instant Text and auto correct are compatible with Enterprise Express Editor? Thanks for any responses! ...

What Is The Correct Way To Type Hepatitis C "type 2A/2C Or IIA/11C?
May 14, 2010

. ...

With Auto-correct, How To Differentiate Between Well-healed And Well Healed?
Nov 24, 2009

I entered into Word Auto-Correct "wh" for well-healed, which is great until I need to type "well healed" without the hyphen. Ideas please: what do you use for short cuts for "well-healed" and for "well healed"?  Same for floor-of-mouth and floor of mouth. There must be some consistent way to do these hypen and no-hyphen phrases. TIA- ...

Correct Way To Type This:
Jul 16, 2010

Should this be typed (5/10 or 5 out of 10) for: which decreased her pain to about 5/10 or 5 out of 10. ...

How Do I Correct Type
Jul 30, 2010

doctor dictates 15 to 17 millimeters from... is this just 15 to 17 mm from...    or what?? I am obviously suffering from heat induced stupidity. THANKS!!! ...

Correct Way To Type C1
Apr 11, 2011

What is the correct way to type, when doc says C1-2, 3 ? ...

Correct Way To Type Co Q-10?
Apr 18, 2013

I find all sorts of ways to type this in the I-net, and I have it in an old expander as Co Q-10, but spellcheck suggests CoQ 10 - which places the 10 on the next line  - does anyone know for sure how this is typed?  Thanks... ...

How Would You Type 74, Nearly-75-year-old Man? Not Quite Awake This A.m. Nm
Mar 26, 2011

.. ...

How To Type *a 15 And 11/12th Year Old*
Mar 03, 2011

Would this be a 15-year 11/12-month or a 15-11/12-year-old or ?? TIA ...

How Is The New Year Looking At Silent Type? Nm
Jan 02, 2014

? ...

Correct Way To Type Kilo-ohm
Mar 17, 2011

I am trying to find the correct abbreviation for kilo-ohm.   Any suggestions? ...

What Is The Correct Way To Type This Drug? Sm
May 30, 2012

It is written in the patient's chart as "carbevo." I know it is for Parkinson disease. Carbidopa and levodopa. I googled it and found carb/levo. I'm not sure if I should type it that way or type it out completely. The doctor is pronouncing it as "carbevo" also. Any information would be helpful. Thanks! ...

13-year 2-month-old Male How Should I Type It
Jun 05, 2015

Hello everyone, appreciate some opinions on this.  He states 13-year 2-month-old male but I am not absolutely positive on hyphenating this, not use to them dictating the years and the months. ...