A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Streptococcus and Staphylococcus - Tah

Posted: Oct 25, 2010

Are these words always capitalized?

yes they are in Stedman's and I have always capitalized them. - orthogirl

[ In Reply To ..]
x

capitalize - Tah

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you :-)

Similar Messages:

To Cap Or Not To Cap Staphylococcus
Nov 17, 2009

"The patient has staphylococcus/Staphylococcus."  Should Staphylococcus be capitalized if used alone--no species with it?  I know it's "staphylococcal," but not sure about this format.  I  would appreciate any help or a source where I can find the answer.  Thanks! ...

Staphylococcus
Aug 26, 2011

could someone please clear this up for me - to capitalize or not ?? ...

Streptococcus
Apr 04, 2013

I am unable to figure out if the doctor is stating streptococcus VC or BC in a UA. Thanks ...

Streptococcus ??VC
Aug 19, 2013

I'm at a dead end.  Can someone please help?   This patient has infection in wound of her index finger. The doctor first says, "The patient was started on empiric antibiotics, and her intraoperative cultures have since grown out Streptococcus pneumoniae." Then he says that isn't correct and changes it to "Streptococcus VC"    Has anyone know what this might be.  Sound like he is saying "VC" but could possibly be "PC."  I just wish he would have ex ...

Streptococcus "flu-ra-la-lidium"
Jun 07, 2011

NP dictating a discharge report stating that patient had "bacteremia with streptococcus viridans, later noted to have been streptococcus ___." She sounds it out deliberately as "flu-ra-la-lidium".  I am stumped.  Any thoughts?  Is it 2 words? ...

Is The "S" In Staph Aureus Capped, Or Only Capped When Expanded To Staphylococcus Aureus?
Dec 12, 2009

XXX ...