A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Initials D by/T by Author Different from Signature letters - Help Please

Posted: May 24, 2013

If a letter is dictated by one person on behalf of another (the "another" is the one signing the letter), what do I put for the initials at the end of the letter?

You should have instructions for this. Sometimes they..sm - Raining Here

[ In Reply To ..]
Have a "declaration" on the top of page or bottom of page stating something like "Debbie Jones, NP, dictating on behalf of Dr. ___," "... or "under the supervision of ___...," something like that. Usually a second signature line is done in this case, but you need to ask for sure. Sometimes they just might want the dictators initials in a different place or done in a different case than the doc. NM

Similar Messages:

Initials On Signature Line....
Dec 07, 2012

I thought it was a HIPPA rule to have the transcriptionist's initials as part of the document in the signature block...am I wrong?  I am not comfortable leaving mine off.  ...

Signature On Surgery Transcription
Jan 25, 2010

When one surgeon operates and the assisting surgeon dictates the report, who signs the operative note? ...

Chartscript Remove E Signature?
Jun 10, 2010

Does anyone know how to remove electronically affixed signature on Chartscript/Netlinc system?  TIA!     ...

Electronic Signature Wanted...
Dec 08, 2010

I have a client who is requesting electronic signatures.  Is there a software someone can recommend?  Who does this and how do you do it? Any help/advice is appreciated! ...

Is There A Way To A Create A Signature In The E-mail
Sep 25, 2014

I seem to be unable to find a way to create a signature in the e-mail program.  I have tried creating one in shorthand but when it uploads it is missing spaces, etc.  Thansk for any help. ...

Why Is It Such A Big Deal What Your Signature Block Says On Your E Mail
Dec 27, 2013

For the life of me I don't get what the big deal is. You have to put on so much information on your signature block, your accts, time zone you are in, your schedule, your manager, what is the big freaking deal. Do you need our blood type as well? ...

Initials For Resident/dr/mt
Jul 12, 2010

Help please:) I work at a residency clinic and was wondering how to sign off a letter if you want to put the resident's initials (the one dictating), the precepting doctor and then your initials.  Usually they tell us just to put our initials on a new line, i.e. /mt.  For a doctor you would do: DR/mt, but what about the resident? Do you put both sets of initials? Thanks! ...

Your Initials Used On Reports
May 03, 2013

I recently was switched to a new account.  On the old account my initials appeared after the doctors at the bottom of all reports.  Now they are not my personal initials.  Anyone else using a platform that does this?  ...

Removal Of Initials
Jun 12, 2013

Has anyone ever had QA (as IC or employee) remove your initials and put their own?  I have never encountered this and wonder if I am overreacting, but it makes me uneasy.  Thoughts? ...

Initials On Reports Not MT's (sm)
Apr 05, 2014

I worked for a company for over a year where the MT initials were not mine. Any reason for this? ...

MModal Changes, Does Anybody Have TSM With Initials KO?
Oct 28, 2014

Used to be under her and wonder if the latest clean up affected her?  Can email me. ...

How Do You Type Your Initials On A Report?
May 30, 2012

I have always typed my initials with the doctor then me as ABC/def.  That is the way I was taught when I got my MA degree and have always seen it as that until I started working for this office.  They type it ABC:def or ABC;def.  Nothing is consistent and seems like everyone does whatever they feel like.  Also, when typing a note for a PA and CRNP I always put their initials and then the initials of the doctor and then mine such as ABC/DEF/ghi and I have not seen one report t ...

My TCM, Or Whatever Her Initials Are, Told Me Her Understanding
Mar 12, 2014

So 2 1/2 years of working for MM, at who knows what pay, only to end that amount of time with nothing to show for it that might be able to be used to get a job for a better company.  Is it very likely you could get a coding job elsewhere with nothing but MM experience? ...

Can Those Laid Off Post Their TSM's Initials? Wondering If
Apr 04, 2013

x ...

Anyone With TSM Initials JM, Haven't Heard A Thing About SM
Sep 30, 2014

or much of anyting else unless SHE wants something?   No help at all. ...

Do You Have To Do Letters As An MT?
Oct 21, 2009

n ...

Fiesa - QA Has The Initials HBE (home-based Employee?)
Jun 09, 2014

If a QA has the initials HBE (home-based employee?), does anyone know if they are offshore?  If they are US, why don't they have US in front of their number? These people seem to be the nastiest of the bunch and the most nit-picking.  I just failed a post-audit because I missed out the word "the" where it made absolutely no difference to the meaning.  They also seem to make the most errors as I got a few critical errors reversed recently and it was the QAs with the initials HBE who were ...

Letters To Congress
Mar 27, 2015

Regarding pay, work conditions, etc., the only clear out of bounds complaints we have are 1)  Unpaid work.  The concept that we can do this 'on the clock' is a double whammy. You end up getting paid LESS than if you did it on your own time. I've clocked alll this unpaid work very conservatively.  It is 48-52 hours annually. Fair wage and labor standards in your state deals with that or you can form a strong coalition of MTs and find an employment attorney. The one I consulte ...

Letters On Keyboard Wearing Off
Oct 12, 2009

Does anyone know where I can get a keyboard where the letters won't wear off and has to be USB. ...

Transcribing Letters Question
Jan 08, 2010

If you are transcribing a dictated letter from one physician to another in regards to a pt, wouldnt the date at the top of the letter be the date that you typed the letter?  It doesnt seem that it would be the date of service or is this a preference thing of a physican or transcription company which date you put up there?  ...

Do You Get Pain For Cc's On Notes And Letters?
Nov 21, 2011

s ...

Why Do A Lot Of Doctors Who Dictate Letters To
Jun 05, 2014

or sometimes even within the state don't bother to spell the doctor's name?  There are a million doctors on the account hospital list, and if it's anything unusual (most of the time), I go crazy trying to sound it out and looking for it. :p  Of course, if the doctor is out of state, 99% of the time it's not even listed.  I hate doing correspondence.  Was doing all operative reports before this for many years and liked that much better.   ...

Letters Wearing Off Keyboard...anyone Have A Solution?
Sep 07, 2010

Anyone had any luck with a white sharpie?  I've heard of those letter stickers but also hear they don't last.  TIA!! ...

What Type Of Information Do You Put In Your Cover Letters? (sm)
Feb 11, 2011

I generally introduce myself with my name, state how long I have been a MT and just a very short overview of my experience, as well as position I am seeking, IC, for instance.  My cover letter is only 5 lines.  Is this the norm for everyone else?  When I first typed my cover letter I did some research and it stated to make the letter as short as possible and to highlight your "strong" points.  Just curious ... thanks for any opinions, advice, etc. ...

Do You Use All Capital Letters For SCARF Osteotomy?
Apr 19, 2011

I have a dr. who consistently says all capital letters for that.  I always thought it was just scarf because it had to do with the type of incision. ...

MQ Offer Letters To AllType Employees
Sep 11, 2011

We were told we would receive offer letters by FedEx Friday or Saturday.  I have yet to see mine.  Anyone else still waiting?  ...

Am I The Only One Who Wears Letters Of Keys In No Time?
Mar 18, 2012

Usually I apply a coat of clear nail polish to the keys, but this time I forgot, and just since December I have already worn most the letters off my keyboard.  Spent most of the day on line trying to find another KB like the one I have.    Do any of you guys go through KBs like water???? ...

Accepted A Job Transcribing For Legal And Insurance Letters And Forms.
Mar 26, 2014

I applied for a job with a company and was hired.  The start pay is just okay, but increases as your line count increases and  I think this is a good way for me to get my foot in the door and experience with working with other types of transcription and jobs.  It is straight typing and involves insurance and legal matters and forms.  If anyone wants to know more about it, I will be happy to let you know.  I start in April.  ...

On Holter Monitor, Rare Premature"H O" Contractions. (sounds Like Letters)
Jun 09, 2010

On Holter monitor, there were rare premature ventricular contractions and rare premature s/l HO or EHO contractions.  ...

Nothing But Office Notes And Office Letters With No ADT Tonight And Last Night. A Recipe For Perfor
Mar 08, 2014

Numerous cc's not in the database which have to be added, address and all. Short reports, of course, that take 3x longer than the dictation time. Just shoot me now. I can't wait until I get a new job! Came close today - job lead was 1/2 day too late. :-( Hopefully the other person won't work out :-} ...