A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

initials for resident/dr/mt - jess

Posted: Jul 12, 2010

Help please:)

I work at a residency clinic and was wondering how to sign off a letter if you want to put the resident's initials (the one dictating), the precepting doctor and then your initials.  Usually they tell us just to put our initials on a new line, i.e. /mt. 

For a doctor you would do: DR/mt, but what about the resident? Do you put both sets of initials? Thanks!

Ask your supervisor, this could be different per facility. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

they're really not particular... - jess

[ In Reply To ..]
I was just wondering what the common way to put it would be. They are fine with me just putting /mt. Thanks!

The way I've done it most is MD/res/mt. - but that is just me. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Ok. Thanks! - jess
[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Similar Messages:

ARRRGGGGGHH! I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators.
Jun 19, 2010

A new ESL dictating a DS. Can't speed him up because he's too "new" (to this country?). He is spelling every other word!!!!!! AND then spells it again - extubated, e-x-t-u-b-a-t-e-d, extubated e for elephant, x for crosses, t for tom, u for umbrella, b for .......... get the picture (sigh)? On top of that, the report is 28 minutes long!!! Should never have gotten out of bed this morning. LOL I do feel bad for him that he doesn't realize he doesn't have to spell every other ...

Resident Dictators
Oct 14, 2009

I have a female resident dictating radiology who tries to break the speed barrier, she sniffs before every sentence, and constantly makes these noises in her throat.  She DRIVES ME CRAZY.  My rant for the day. ...

Okay, I Have A New Resident Dictating A
Jul 02, 2010

3-day hopsital stay discharge summary.  It is 30 minutes long.  This going to be fun.  ...

Resident Physician
Nov 26, 2010

I have alway been told when in doubt, leave a blank. Resident did not give attending physician's name. There was a doctor's name in the hearder as attending, but I  was not sure so I left the attending line blank at the bottom of the report. My boss calls me and tell s me to go on a limb and guess in the future.  I do not like those ethics because it leaves me up for problems in the future.  Comments welcomed. ...

Resident Dictating
Mar 16, 2011

I've got a resident dictating and is on the PE.  "Blood pressure 110/80 and ___________ was 65 and regular." I know that the blank would be heart rate, but the res says something like "balance" or "bowels"....is there a new term or an old one that has escaped me? TIA ...

Cute Little Resident
Aug 08, 2014

At the end of his discharge summary, the resident says "thank you very much for your help and your time.  I hope you have a nice evening and a nice weekend."    Awe.  That just made me smile.  ...

Your Initials Used On Reports
May 03, 2013

I recently was switched to a new account.  On the old account my initials appeared after the doctors at the bottom of all reports.  Now they are not my personal initials.  Anyone else using a platform that does this?  ...

Removal Of Initials
Jun 12, 2013

Has anyone ever had QA (as IC or employee) remove your initials and put their own?  I have never encountered this and wonder if I am overreacting, but it makes me uneasy.  Thoughts? ...

Initials On Reports Not MT's (sm)
Apr 05, 2014

I worked for a company for over a year where the MT initials were not mine. Any reason for this? ...

MModal Changes, Does Anybody Have TSM With Initials KO?
Oct 28, 2014

Used to be under her and wonder if the latest clean up affected her?  Can email me. ...

How Do You Type Your Initials On A Report?
May 30, 2012

I have always typed my initials with the doctor then me as ABC/def.  That is the way I was taught when I got my MA degree and have always seen it as that until I started working for this office.  They type it ABC:def or ABC;def.  Nothing is consistent and seems like everyone does whatever they feel like.  Also, when typing a note for a PA and CRNP I always put their initials and then the initials of the doctor and then mine such as ABC/DEF/ghi and I have not seen one report t ...

Initials On Signature Line....
Dec 07, 2012

I thought it was a HIPPA rule to have the transcriptionist's initials as part of the document in the signature block...am I wrong?  I am not comfortable leaving mine off.  ...

My TCM, Or Whatever Her Initials Are, Told Me Her Understanding
Mar 12, 2014

So 2 1/2 years of working for MM, at who knows what pay, only to end that amount of time with nothing to show for it that might be able to be used to get a job for a better company.  Is it very likely you could get a coding job elsewhere with nothing but MM experience? ...

Can Those Laid Off Post Their TSM's Initials? Wondering If
Apr 04, 2013

x ...

Initials D By/T By Author Different From Signature Letters
May 24, 2013

If a letter is dictated by one person on behalf of another (the "another" is the one signing the letter), what do I put for the initials at the end of the letter? ...

Anyone With TSM Initials JM, Haven't Heard A Thing About SM
Sep 30, 2014

or much of anyting else unless SHE wants something?   No help at all. ...

S/l Rotanelol. Pain Medication. New Resident Dictating, Maybe Mispronounced?
Aug 05, 2011

nm ...

Fiesa - QA Has The Initials HBE (home-based Employee?)
Jun 09, 2014

If a QA has the initials HBE (home-based employee?), does anyone know if they are offshore?  If they are US, why don't they have US in front of their number? These people seem to be the nastiest of the bunch and the most nit-picking.  I just failed a post-audit because I missed out the word "the" where it made absolutely no difference to the meaning.  They also seem to make the most errors as I got a few critical errors reversed recently and it was the QAs with the initials HBE who were ...

Help! 100-mile-an-hour Resident! S/l BE (is That Barium Enema?) Examination For Colovesical Fistula
Sep 10, 2010

.. ...

Pea Brain Resident, Telling Me Comma, Space, Space,
Feb 15, 2011

Really, shouldn't he be more concerned about the content of the report rather than telling me where to put periods and commas and spaces.  You know I just never would have figured that one out without him! ...