A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Letters wearing off keyboard...anyone have a solution? - Kiki1

Posted: Sep 07, 2010

Anyone had any luck with a white sharpie? 

I've heard of those letter stickers but also hear they don't last. 

TIA!!

keys - nan

[ In Reply To ..]
This will work if you still have all the letters. Try clear nail polish over the keys. This works. You do have to replace the polish after awhile. Just something I tried and it worked.

Laser etched keyboard - I had to get one too

[ In Reply To ..]
I found mine on Amazon for about $30, got tired of having to buy a new keyboard every few months -- and you can even put it in the dishwasher if you spill something on it.

white nail polish or photo (silver or gold) markers . . . . - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
I never buy a new keyboard just because letters are worn off - photo markers are great for marking lots of different items, they have a reflective appearance, then just coat with clear nail polish every so often. . The French manicure nail brushes are very thin and better in small areas.

What do you need the letters for? I don't even look at my keyboard.. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

I've worn my letters down to the metal underneath - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
the plastic and still worked. Keyboards are cheap. I keep a half dozen on hand (I accidentally spilled "not beer" on mine one night...live and learn).

Personally, I don't need the letters. Mine wear off - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
within 2 to 3 weeks of getting a new keyboard every time. Since no one uses it but me, it doesn't really matter.

I use keboard skin - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been using keyboard skin for years. It also protects the keyboard from dirt, crumbs, and dog hair. They don't interfere at all with typing. Google "keyboard skin." They'er custom made to fit all models of keyboards. Cheap too.

Similar Messages:

Letters On Keyboard Wearing Off
Oct 12, 2009

Does anyone know where I can get a keyboard where the letters won't wear off and has to be USB. ...

Wave Keyboard Versus Ergonomic Split Keyboard
Apr 10, 2010

I was wondering if someone could tell me how using a wave keyboard compares to a split ergonomic keyboard.  Is the wave as comfortable to use?  TIA! ...

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro...need A New Keyboard, Any Recommendations?
Apr 03, 2010

Microsoft has discontinued these great keyboards and I need a new one.  Anybody aware of a split keyboard that has a really nice touch (remember those old IBM keyboards?) for transcription work by Microsoft or another brand that you really like? I'm open for suggestions please ; 0  My only complaint with this one is the keys are a bit clunky to press down (especially the space bar).  Thanks! ...

Do You Have To Do Letters As An MT?
Oct 21, 2009

n ...

Letters To Congress
Mar 27, 2015

Regarding pay, work conditions, etc., the only clear out of bounds complaints we have are 1)  Unpaid work.  The concept that we can do this 'on the clock' is a double whammy. You end up getting paid LESS than if you did it on your own time. I've clocked alll this unpaid work very conservatively.  It is 48-52 hours annually. Fair wage and labor standards in your state deals with that or you can form a strong coalition of MTs and find an employment attorney. The one I consulte ...

Transcribing Letters Question
Jan 08, 2010

If you are transcribing a dictated letter from one physician to another in regards to a pt, wouldnt the date at the top of the letter be the date that you typed the letter?  It doesnt seem that it would be the date of service or is this a preference thing of a physican or transcription company which date you put up there?  ...

Do You Get Pain For Cc's On Notes And Letters?
Nov 21, 2011

s ...

Why Do A Lot Of Doctors Who Dictate Letters To
Jun 05, 2014

or sometimes even within the state don't bother to spell the doctor's name?  There are a million doctors on the account hospital list, and if it's anything unusual (most of the time), I go crazy trying to sound it out and looking for it. :p  Of course, if the doctor is out of state, 99% of the time it's not even listed.  I hate doing correspondence.  Was doing all operative reports before this for many years and liked that much better.   ...

What Type Of Information Do You Put In Your Cover Letters? (sm)
Feb 11, 2011

I generally introduce myself with my name, state how long I have been a MT and just a very short overview of my experience, as well as position I am seeking, IC, for instance.  My cover letter is only 5 lines.  Is this the norm for everyone else?  When I first typed my cover letter I did some research and it stated to make the letter as short as possible and to highlight your "strong" points.  Just curious ... thanks for any opinions, advice, etc. ...

Do You Use All Capital Letters For SCARF Osteotomy?
Apr 19, 2011

I have a dr. who consistently says all capital letters for that.  I always thought it was just scarf because it had to do with the type of incision. ...

MQ Offer Letters To AllType Employees
Sep 11, 2011

We were told we would receive offer letters by FedEx Friday or Saturday.  I have yet to see mine.  Anyone else still waiting?  ...

Am I The Only One Who Wears Letters Of Keys In No Time?
Mar 18, 2012

Usually I apply a coat of clear nail polish to the keys, but this time I forgot, and just since December I have already worn most the letters off my keyboard.  Spent most of the day on line trying to find another KB like the one I have.    Do any of you guys go through KBs like water???? ...

Initials D By/T By Author Different From Signature Letters
May 24, 2013

If a letter is dictated by one person on behalf of another (the "another" is the one signing the letter), what do I put for the initials at the end of the letter? ...

S/l "wearing" Imbalance
Mar 24, 2010

s/l "wearing" imbalance ...

Accepted A Job Transcribing For Legal And Insurance Letters And Forms.
Mar 26, 2014

I applied for a job with a company and was hired.  The start pay is just okay, but increases as your line count increases and  I think this is a good way for me to get my foot in the door and experience with working with other types of transcription and jobs.  It is straight typing and involves insurance and legal matters and forms.  If anyone wants to know more about it, I will be happy to let you know.  I start in April.  ...

S/l UC Solution
Aug 19, 2010

need help!  "the wound was irrigated with (s/l UC) solution" i have ran across this several times and have not been able to verify it anywhere.  any help appreciated!  thank you! ...

Sprott's Solution? NM
Oct 30, 2009

treated with steroids and Sprott's solution, Sx include sore throat. ...

Lubell Solution?
Nov 22, 2009

name of solution applied that shows white epithelium as part of cervical exam.  Sounds like Lubell solution?  ...

Liposuctoin Solution?
Apr 09, 2010

The left and right flank were injected with 200 cc of s/l "tomosis" solution. ...

S/l Norian Solution
May 21, 2010

When we were ready we squirted in the Norian solution, which filled in the gaps. It definitely sounds like Norian solution.  This is an operative report. Thanks,         ...

Dialysate Solution (s/l RFP Or RSP 440) - Sm
Dec 27, 2010

I have a thickly accented ESL who has just started dictating dialysis notes for our facility.  I'm used to the docs giving the dialysate as, say, BGK 4/5, or breaking the concentrations down by potassium, bicarb, etc., but this new guy is saying what sounds like "RSP 440" or "RFP 440" and we're at a loss as to what that is, unable to document it yet.  I thought at first that they were talking about some solution used in a recirculating single-pass machine, and QA thought they ...

S/L Nickel Solution
Feb 25, 2011

S/L Nickel solution for thrush in the mouth? ...

Leg Prepared With ?? Solution
Feb 28, 2011

This is part of an operative note involving knee repair. I'm used to hearing "leg prepared with a Betadine solution." But this s/l "Chloraseptic solution." Is that right?! ...

Dinkin Solution?
Jul 30, 2011

Medications include "Dinkin solution" to wound with b.i.d.  dressing changes? Patient has a sacral decubitus ulcer.  TIA! ...

Transcription Solution Of S.C.
Oct 13, 2011

Tested with Transcription Solution of S. C. and sent in Monday. Was wondering if anyone who tested with them has heard anything yet? ...

S/l Romsel Solution
Nov 02, 2011

s/l Romsel solution used to acquire hemostasis after Essure placement ...

Solution For Better Dictators
Mar 19, 2012

How about the company charge extra to the dictators for ESL, drunk sounding dictators, mumblers, eaters, slurpers, burpers, playing games with others while they're supposed to be dictating, what sounds like background Christmas parties, "oh, yeah, go back up to ....and add," speed talkers, dictators that sound like they have hair lips, speech impedements and last, but not least, dictators that cannot pronounce other doctor's names or meds or med terms, but won't spell for you.&nbs ...

No Replies Possible Solution
Mar 31, 2013

If you sign into Ipswitch with a password and reply to emails or click "new" and compose from scratch, your emails may not be getting to your TSM or QA or whoever.  But if you look in the "Sent" or "Sent Items" folder the email is there, so it seems it's going through.  However, experiment.....send a copy, click cc, to your personal email address and check.  It probably doesn't arrive.  HOWEVER, click the computer start button (computers may vary) and on the left si ...

MT Pay Solution, Maybe..just A Suggestion
Jun 20, 2013

This is how we got paid at a major department store when I was a hairdresser: Guaranteed minimum wage for hours worked. If our production exceeded minimum wage we were paid a percentage of that production on top of the minimum wage, usually 40%. I would love to have MTs guaranteed at least a minimum wage for hours worked (or waiting to work) and anything we produce that exceeds that wage should be paid at the customary cpl.  This would encourage higher production, benefitting th ...

Jsira Solution And Their
Oct 14, 2014

leave a little bit to be desired... ...