A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

letters to congress - rock bottom

Posted: Mar 27, 2015

Regarding pay, work conditions, etc., the only clear out of bounds complaints we have are 1)  Unpaid work.  The concept that we can do this 'on the clock' is a double whammy. You end up getting paid LESS than if you did it on your own time. I've clocked alll this unpaid work very conservatively.  It is 48-52 hours annually. Fair wage and labor standards in your state deals with that or you can form a strong coalition of MTs and find an employment attorney. The one I consulted stated that these things do not rise to the level of being unfair. I suspect it was because 52 hours per year for one employee was not enough money for him. The penalty adds to 1.5 times the actual amount lost, so if were there enough MTs, an attorney might take it.  But remember it is a state by state thing. 2) Hostile workplace. The employer cannot create a hostile workplace.  This would include drop everything and come join this mandatory meeting tomorrow.  Key concept is reasonable. Is it reasonable to except your employees to check their e-mail on their days off to see if they need to attend some mandatory meeting on their day off?  Fiesa audit subject line. Over the many years of e-mail etiquette drilled into my head by employers (including N) who told me repeatedly that SHOUTING AND FLAMING are not permitted. (Note that FIESA QUALITY ALERT! Is both flaming and shouting.) There are alternative ways to send the e-mail that are in keeping with proper e-mail etiquette.  Fiesa Quality communication, please respond. Certainly looks and feels better than FIESA QUALITY ALERT! because in general when I see this SHOUTING AND FLAMING it brings to mind all the times I was reprimanded for such behavior.  Inability to manage the schedule because they hire too many for the wrong time slot and then just beg to make them move or keep them running out of work.  Finally that time card? Anyone really understand it? Do you realize that if you approve it you are agreeing that it is correct (so says the handbook). Now, it is likely that there are accountants who couldn't make sense out of that time card. Those are genuine complaints. Without en mass amounts of complaining, no one will listen.  

Not arguing at all, but you barely described the tip, let alone - the iceburg of hostile work env.

[ In Reply To ..]
My list runs on and on and on, depriving some of work opportunities while permitting others virtually unlimited access to others doing the same work, etc., etc., etc.

Most attorneys leave this to the Dept. of Labor, where standards are uniform throughout the states.

letters to congress - OKMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I did a little research not long ago on the hostile work environment (HWE) thing. Unfortunately, most of what we experience does not qualify legally as an HWE. Here's a link that I think provides the simplest explanation.

http://humanresources.about.com/od/workplace-discrimination/g/hostile-work-environment.htm

Similar Messages:

PTO, Does It Take An Act Of Congress To Get It Approved--sm
Oct 01, 2013

I put in a request well over a month ago for half a day off and still have not seen a yay or nay.  It is getting close to the time I requested for and I have to say I am finding this quite ridiculous, especially when we are limited on how much we can carry over at the end of the year.  How can anyone make plans when it takes so long to approve or disapprove. ...

Why Does It Take An Act Of Congress To Change Accounts? Sm
Dec 09, 2013

My present account runs out of work all the time, I check in at the start of my shift and there is no work.   Asked for a transver and was told they need me on present account.  Not hardly since it's OOW all the time.  I spend even my off days trying to catch u on hours and lines.  Every request has been met with a polite no.   ...

Takes Act Of Congress To Load The MModal Mail
Feb 26, 2013

I cant get signed on yet again..normally takes a while for it to load normally..Then I go to the windows mail (which wont let me send a message) and that gives some kind of message about mail not loading..you would think a HUGE company had a better email system..really not a very hard thing to set up... ...

Do You Have To Do Letters As An MT?
Oct 21, 2009

n ...

Letters On Keyboard Wearing Off
Oct 12, 2009

Does anyone know where I can get a keyboard where the letters won't wear off and has to be USB. ...

Transcribing Letters Question
Jan 08, 2010

If you are transcribing a dictated letter from one physician to another in regards to a pt, wouldnt the date at the top of the letter be the date that you typed the letter?  It doesnt seem that it would be the date of service or is this a preference thing of a physican or transcription company which date you put up there?  ...

Do You Get Pain For Cc's On Notes And Letters?
Nov 21, 2011

s ...

Why Do A Lot Of Doctors Who Dictate Letters To
Jun 05, 2014

or sometimes even within the state don't bother to spell the doctor's name?  There are a million doctors on the account hospital list, and if it's anything unusual (most of the time), I go crazy trying to sound it out and looking for it. :p  Of course, if the doctor is out of state, 99% of the time it's not even listed.  I hate doing correspondence.  Was doing all operative reports before this for many years and liked that much better.   ...

Letters Wearing Off Keyboard...anyone Have A Solution?
Sep 07, 2010

Anyone had any luck with a white sharpie?  I've heard of those letter stickers but also hear they don't last.  TIA!! ...

What Type Of Information Do You Put In Your Cover Letters? (sm)
Feb 11, 2011

I generally introduce myself with my name, state how long I have been a MT and just a very short overview of my experience, as well as position I am seeking, IC, for instance.  My cover letter is only 5 lines.  Is this the norm for everyone else?  When I first typed my cover letter I did some research and it stated to make the letter as short as possible and to highlight your "strong" points.  Just curious ... thanks for any opinions, advice, etc. ...

Do You Use All Capital Letters For SCARF Osteotomy?
Apr 19, 2011

I have a dr. who consistently says all capital letters for that.  I always thought it was just scarf because it had to do with the type of incision. ...

MQ Offer Letters To AllType Employees
Sep 11, 2011

We were told we would receive offer letters by FedEx Friday or Saturday.  I have yet to see mine.  Anyone else still waiting?  ...

Am I The Only One Who Wears Letters Of Keys In No Time?
Mar 18, 2012

Usually I apply a coat of clear nail polish to the keys, but this time I forgot, and just since December I have already worn most the letters off my keyboard.  Spent most of the day on line trying to find another KB like the one I have.    Do any of you guys go through KBs like water???? ...

Initials D By/T By Author Different From Signature Letters
May 24, 2013

If a letter is dictated by one person on behalf of another (the "another" is the one signing the letter), what do I put for the initials at the end of the letter? ...

Accepted A Job Transcribing For Legal And Insurance Letters And Forms.
Mar 26, 2014

I applied for a job with a company and was hired.  The start pay is just okay, but increases as your line count increases and  I think this is a good way for me to get my foot in the door and experience with working with other types of transcription and jobs.  It is straight typing and involves insurance and legal matters and forms.  If anyone wants to know more about it, I will be happy to let you know.  I start in April.  ...

On Holter Monitor, Rare Premature"H O" Contractions. (sounds Like Letters)
Jun 09, 2010

On Holter monitor, there were rare premature ventricular contractions and rare premature s/l HO or EHO contractions.  ...

Nothing But Office Notes And Office Letters With No ADT Tonight And Last Night. A Recipe For Perfor
Mar 08, 2014

Numerous cc's not in the database which have to be added, address and all. Short reports, of course, that take 3x longer than the dictation time. Just shoot me now. I can't wait until I get a new job! Came close today - job lead was 1/2 day too late. :-( Hopefully the other person won't work out :-} ...

Is It Worth It To Send Out Letters Looking For More Work? Where To Look-big Clinics Or Small Clinics
Nov 07, 2012

Or is it even feasable right now to look for new clients? Any advice appreciated. Also, what's with this site?? Every time I try to post a message, I have to put in my info several times. ...