A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How would you type for verbatim acct, 87- almost-88-year-old male? - shortcake

Posted: Sep 16, 2011

I hate strict verbatim, so stupid. Anyway, - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
I'd do it just like you did but probably with a comma like this: 87-, almost 88-yr-old. If account weren't verbatim I'd just type 88-yr-old.

Similar Messages:

13-year 2-month-old Male How Should I Type It
Jun 05, 2015

Hello everyone, appreciate some opinions on this.  He states 13-year 2-month-old male but I am not absolutely positive on hyphenating this, not use to them dictating the years and the months. ...

What Would You Do? Verbatim Acct. Doc Says, Sm
May 23, 2012

lisinopril/HCTZ 20/125.  I'm sure she meant 12.5 but she clearly says 125.  I don't want to leave a blank as I get penalized.  I'm thinking to just do as I know and put 12.5.... ...

Help! Verbatim Acct And In PMH The Doc Says, Sm
Mar 26, 2013

significant for hypOtension and a few diagnoses down from that hypeRtension.  I would leave it a blank if it did not cost me money but not sure she meant the hypOtension.  She repeats herself alot but she clearly says hypOtension.  It's a guessing game! ...

Help! Verbatim Acct, Doc Says Pip Tazobactam
Oct 30, 2009

would you just put pip-tazobactam?? I'm also thinking she made a mistake saying pip which I know is piperacillin.  Thanks so much! ...

What Do You Guys Do With A Verbatim Acct When Doc
Feb 26, 2011

clearly dictates a sentence that makes absolutely no sense.  Just sort of an open-ended sentence, not even a fragment?  I'm trying so hard to keep the blanks down, which my % is really okay, but I'm finding more and more that these docs are just not making any sense and the mistakes are getting ridiculous!!!  Maybe they are texting when they are dictating........Anyhow, do you just type what they say and send it off or do you mark it for QA? ...

Help! On Audit My Daily Was Corrected To Q.day. Acct Is Verbatim Sm
Jun 28, 2013

and doc is saying drug to be given q.Tuesday .  I want to put each or every Tuesday.  Would it be q.Tuesday??? I am second guessing everything I do anymore!!  TAI  ...

How Would You Type: For The Past Year-year And A Half?
Sep 09, 2011

.. ...

It Would Be Interesting To Type Exactly Verbatim
Mar 31, 2015

I get so tired of these people slurring everything together, speaking so fast because it's what they always say.  Then we're told by QA, they the same thing over again so you should know what it is.  If I could understand it, I wouldnt leave a blank!!!   We're told not to guess.   Especially lab values or other numbers or values.  No wonder we leave blanks, when we can't tell if it's  180 or 190 because you're speed slurr ...

Apparently, I Just Cannot Type Verbatim! Either That Or QA Is Trying To Drive Me Crazy!
May 17, 2011

I started a second job for extra money and so I'm on 100% QA.  I keep getting feedback for what I consider to be the most inane reasons.  I am old school.  When a dictator starts as sentence "patient is here for..."  I type "The patient is here for ...."  So QA has pinged me several times for not typing "verbatim."  So I've tried to be very conscious and listen very closely.  Now I've gotten feedback where I clearly thought I heard patient, typed ...

I Am VERY Tempted To Type Verbatim As Pronounced By This Twit NP
Jun 08, 2015

nm ...

So, Do I Go With Verbatim (verbatim Account) Or Leave A Blank If
Nov 19, 2010

the doctor is dead wrong about his anatomy? The patient has a problem with his foot and leg, but he dictates ulna. I wouldn't give it a second thought to leaving it blank, but I already got notice about documents with blanks (usually 1-2 blanks if any, and anymore than 3, to QA). Hmm... go with what is right or what is the least path of resistance (i.e. least likely punishment) BTW - The document I sent yesterday with 4 blanks to QA, they couldn't fill them in either. Shesh, the ...

How Would You Type 74, Nearly-75-year-old Man? Not Quite Awake This A.m. Nm
Mar 26, 2011

.. ...

How To Type *a 15 And 11/12th Year Old*
Mar 03, 2011

Would this be a 15-year 11/12-month or a 15-11/12-year-old or ?? TIA ...

How Is The New Year Looking At Silent Type? Nm
Jan 02, 2014

? ...

6' 8" White Male Or 6 Foot 8 Inch White Male?
Dec 09, 2009

I have not run across the patient's measurements before and have no clue of the proper way to type them. tia.   6' 8" white male or 6 foot 8 inch white male? ...

How Would You Type, 69- Nearly 70-year-old Woman? Would That Be Correct? Thanks! Nm
Sep 22, 2012

.. ...

Question About Verbatim... How Far Are We Supposed To Go With Verbatim?
Nov 19, 2014

The reason I ask is because this morning I'm doing an acute care progress note where the dictator says "The patient has end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and she is still sounding pretty crappy and congested."  I absolutely refuse to use the word "crappy" in a medical document if it is not within the context of a direct quote from the patient, i.e. "I feel pretty crappy..."  So I decided to omit crappy and just say "she is still sounding pretty congested."  QA w ...

How Do You Put 20-year-old In Auto Correct/expanded Type?
Jul 21, 2011

sx ...

He Dictates"He Is A Reportedly Healthy 3+ 10-year-old Child" Is This How It Should Be Type
Nov 17, 2009

NM ...

Pt Has A " Thirty Plus Pack Year History" Of Smoking. How To Type?
Jun 25, 2010

:) ...

How To Type: Given His "50 Plus Pack Year" History Of Smoking.
May 26, 2010

d ...

She Has A "1-year Pack History" Of Smoking. How To Type?
Aug 10, 2010

:) ...

Pt Had A "3-year Pack-history" Of Smoking. How To Type?
May 31, 2011

?? ...

How Would You Type "25 To 30 Year History Of Smoking." Sm
Sep 08, 2011

25-30-year history or 25 to 30-year history? Or something else? Thanks! ...

How Do You Type "1 Year And A Half"
Jan 19, 2011

do you type it as I did in the subject line or do you type "one and one-half years"? ...

Patient Is An (s/l Un - Jay - Ven) White Male. Nm
Feb 03, 2010

almost sounds like unshaven but i've never heard a dictator say that ...

Male Anatomy Question
Feb 27, 2013

Looking for a male anatomy term that sounds like tragus or introitus.  The sentence is "He had a Hibiclens prep and sterile draping of his abdomen, left thigh, scrotum, penis, and _____".  It sounds like he is saying introitus but with a g like introigus.  Can't find anything. ...

Where In Male PE Would You List Gynecomastia? Nm
Apr 24, 2013

v ...

Male Patient With Vaginal Flora?
Jun 02, 2010

Male patient with hematuria, with enterococcus and vaginal flora.  Does this make sense? ...

Autopsy Report Male Genital
Feb 28, 2011

Working on a autopsy report: Under the Genital System (male) all I can understand is "The tubules string well and the para (something) is brown." Not sure what the word is before brown. Someone please help!!!! ...