A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

13-year 2-month-old male how should I type it - Brenda

Posted: Jun 05, 2015

Hello everyone, appreciate some opinions on this.  He states 13-year 2-month-old male but I am not absolutely positive on hyphenating this, not use to them dictating the years and the months.

13-year 2-month old - OKMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to type for a pediatric transplant doctor who always dictated ages this way and I typed it just like you have here. It used to make me crazy. Doc, does it really matter? I waited for the day he'd add weeks and days too, but it never happened, thank goodness! :-)

soon-to-be 13-year 2-month old - all

[ In Reply To ..]
13-year 2-month old

Try the almost 60-year-old.

38 and 2 weeks (yea right).

Just a little fun.

Similar Messages:

How Would You Type For Verbatim Acct, 87- Almost-88-year-old Male?
Sep 16, 2011

.. ...

This Month Is My 9 Year Anniversary Of
Aug 12, 2013

and I have to say that while our method of editing is easier, it has not LEARNED at all.  Still doing the same accounts and correcting the same crapola as 9 years ago.  ...

How Would You Type: For The Past Year-year And A Half?
Sep 09, 2011

.. ...

ALL TYPE NO PAYCHECK AFTER OVER A MONTH!!!!!!
Sep 06, 2010

Does anyone have the e-mail addresses of the supervisor of payroll for All Type?  I started working for them on August 1st and should have received my first paycheck shortly after August 25th.  I have received nothing from them so far, and I have a second check that I should be receiving that I'm quite worried about, also.  This is by far the coldest company I have ever worked for in my life.  I have a family, my husband is disabled, and we are about to lose our house. ...

All Type - Six Month Project
Jan 25, 2011

For those who took the test for All Type's six month project, have you heard anything back yet?  ...

Style Question: Use Of "of'" When Transcribing Month/Year
May 17, 2012

Dictator dictates:  January of 2012.  Would it be appropriate to type it this way or should it be typed January 2012, omitting the "of."    Thank you in advance.  ...

How Would You Type 74, Nearly-75-year-old Man? Not Quite Awake This A.m. Nm
Mar 26, 2011

.. ...

How To Type *a 15 And 11/12th Year Old*
Mar 03, 2011

Would this be a 15-year 11/12-month or a 15-11/12-year-old or ?? TIA ...

How Is The New Year Looking At Silent Type? Nm
Jan 02, 2014

? ...

6' 8" White Male Or 6 Foot 8 Inch White Male?
Dec 09, 2009

I have not run across the patient's measurements before and have no clue of the proper way to type them. tia.   6' 8" white male or 6 foot 8 inch white male? ...

How Would You Type, 69- Nearly 70-year-old Woman? Would That Be Correct? Thanks! Nm
Sep 22, 2012

.. ...

How Do You Put 20-year-old In Auto Correct/expanded Type?
Jul 21, 2011

sx ...

How Do You Type "q 3 Month" Followup?
Dec 13, 2009

xx ...

Anyone Get MModals Employee Of The Month This Month?
Feb 22, 2013

Saw they posted the new list. anyone get it? ...

He Dictates"He Is A Reportedly Healthy 3+ 10-year-old Child" Is This How It Should Be Type
Nov 17, 2009

NM ...

Pt Has A " Thirty Plus Pack Year History" Of Smoking. How To Type?
Jun 25, 2010

:) ...

How To Type: Given His "50 Plus Pack Year" History Of Smoking.
May 26, 2010

d ...

She Has A "1-year Pack History" Of Smoking. How To Type?
Aug 10, 2010

:) ...

Pt Had A "3-year Pack-history" Of Smoking. How To Type?
May 31, 2011

?? ...

How Would You Type "25 To 30 Year History Of Smoking." Sm
Sep 08, 2011

25-30-year history or 25 to 30-year history? Or something else? Thanks! ...

How Do You Type "1 Year And A Half"
Jan 19, 2011

do you type it as I did in the subject line or do you type "one and one-half years"? ...

3-month Versus 3 Month
May 13, 2014

Which is correct:  "The patient is here for a 3-month followup visit."  or  "The patient is here for a 3 month followup visit."   I was always told in this instance that it is without the hyphen becuase putting the hyphen in it will mean that the visit is 3 months long versus a visit at 3 months' time.   Which is the correct way to do this?  I got a correction back on a file and I was pretty sure I had it right.   ...

Patient Is An (s/l Un - Jay - Ven) White Male. Nm
Feb 03, 2010

almost sounds like unshaven but i've never heard a dictator say that ...

Male Anatomy Question
Feb 27, 2013

Looking for a male anatomy term that sounds like tragus or introitus.  The sentence is "He had a Hibiclens prep and sterile draping of his abdomen, left thigh, scrotum, penis, and _____".  It sounds like he is saying introitus but with a g like introigus.  Can't find anything. ...

Where In Male PE Would You List Gynecomastia? Nm
Apr 24, 2013

v ...

Male Patient With Vaginal Flora?
Jun 02, 2010

Male patient with hematuria, with enterococcus and vaginal flora.  Does this make sense? ...

Autopsy Report Male Genital
Feb 28, 2011

Working on a autopsy report: Under the Genital System (male) all I can understand is "The tubules string well and the para (something) is brown." Not sure what the word is before brown. Someone please help!!!! ...

This Male Female Mixing Up Is Getting Worse
Mar 19, 2014

I noticed it this morning since switching,,woman clearly stated is a gentleman and the he/she her/him switching is worse then ever. AND I dont like the F4 changes extra steps that take time ...

Male Patient Who Had A Stroke, Has Paresthesias (sm)
Jul 02, 2014

and doc clearly says he suffers from PCOS. Is this an abbreviation for something other than polycystic ovary syndrome that I don't know about??? Thanks so much if you can help me here! ...

Pt Has A "several Year" History Of A Slowly-growing Mass. Hyphen Several Year?
Jan 25, 2011

? ...