A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

If I put a.m., I'm marked off? - Rudy

Posted: Jul 25, 2012

In all my years of life, I have NEVER typed 3 P.M.  It is 3 p.m.  NOT CAPPED.

Now, all of a sudden, I get marked off for not putting it in all caps?  I HATE M*MODAL!

guess it depends on the CP - Drone

[ In Reply To ..]
which is kind of a drag because if you put it in your expander one way for one account, then it's wrong in another account. It was just last week I decided not to worry about that one anymore. Hope they didn't ding you too much.

I have an account that caps - A.M. and P.M.

[ In Reply To ..]
among other stupid stuff that makes no sense and just disrupts the process. In fact, I have several accounts that all require different things at different times. Just another way to make sure you don't make a decent wage.

Capitalized, with the periods? - (see message)

[ In Reply To ..]
Granted, it's been 20 years since I learned this, but I learned that you don't use periods if you capitalize it (such as 3 PM or 5 AM), and that's "acceptable" but not "preferred."

It makes you wonder why on earth they continue to reference the Book of Style for all the rules when some accounts use them, some don't, and some use their own nutty rules whatever those may be. Having a standard Book of Style, and then requiring ALL facilities to use the same rules, just makes way too much sense, I guess!

I would fight with QA lead on that one - ridiculous

[ In Reply To ..]
Get a detailed explanation of that one.

What does the CP say? - Could be an easy one to miss on a CP

[ In Reply To ..]
I have CPs that say to use PM, P.M., pm, and p.m., all in one BOB. Follow CP first, then the other rules.

A.M. cp says nothing - Rudy

[ In Reply To ..]
I just dont understand it. Show me where it says it, dadgumit!

If the CP says nothing, then you let your CCM/QAC know - Incompetent MMEs give all of us a bad name

[ In Reply To ..]
The MMEs that don't know what they are doing really should be retrained or booted because not only are they making the good ones look bad but are teaching the fledgling MTs bad habits.

It is so CRAZY - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Can you imagine if dictating physicians knew that they were paying for a company to nitpick such trivial things (never mind that we are "graded" like school children)? They'd think it was RIDICULOUS. So the actual doctor knows it doesn't affect patient care, but some corporate QA person or a book/BOS decides it does? It makes no sense.

I have never capped it, plus I still like the periods. - Old School

[ In Reply To ..]
I put a.m. and p.m. and never got marked off. I guess if I got dinged for it, I would change it.

Similar Messages:

Twice Where I Have Had A Report That Is Marked As SR
Jul 01, 2012

I dont pay much attention to upcoming jobs..But I will from now on...Second job I have had in 2 days that was marked as ASR but came out blank..Typed the whole thing and was making a macro for the doctor and saw the skipped marker when I deleted the text..So I made it and expansion, hit f11, cleared it all out, and sent it that way..And im not bothering sending reasons why I do F11, if they want to know they can ask, I dont have the time...Beware all thats a sneaky way to screw us out of lines. ...

Now Besides Just Getting Our QA Percentage Marked Off,
Nov 30, 2014

our pay will be docked because we may leave out "a" or something along that line or not place a comma where they believe it should be.  Before it just affected our bonuses but not our actual pay that we get.  Now our pay will be deducted for every error that they deem that we make!!!  That doesn't even seem legal.  Even if you work at McDonalds and make a mistake they don't cut your pay and don't give me the crap about affecting patient safety.  Bull crap! ...

I Got Marked Down For Transcribing DB HL As 2 Words
Aug 08, 2013

It was corrected to dBHL. Was QA correct in changing it to 1 word as "dBHL." ??? ...

Because Of The Concern Of The Marked Leukocytosis And The (presumption) Of Sepsis Due To That
May 12, 2011

Because of the concern of the marked leukocytosis and the (s/l presumption) of sepsis due to that ...

Way To Research Prior Dictation To See If FIESA Correct In What They Marked Off For
Jan 29, 2014

I have been dinged for something that I know I did not do, is there a way to go back and see your header and if you pended report and if so what you put there.  I know I pended this and they are telling me I did not.  Thanks ...

He Has Marked Tightness Of His Lumbar Area On Forward Flexion. He Remains Absolutely Flat.
Mar 02, 2012

not sure if its all correct in this format or if there should be a period after the word area and then "on forward flexion he remains absolutely flat." Tia. ...

Eye Surgery - Marked Dramatically S/l "systpalpadum"
May 07, 2014

2 questions: Marked dramatically s/l "systpalpadum" of both eyelids with significant orbital s/l "fasted" herniation.  Does not sound like fat herniation.    ...

Marked In Classical Manner Of S/l "run-yo"
Jun 27, 2012

abdominoplasty surgery and status post hernia repair with palpable tacks.  Thanks! ...