A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Why do they keep asking for extra hours? - iluvrainydaze47

Posted: Nov 10, 2009

I don't know about you all but my CCM is constantly asking us to work "extra," even when there are no late jobs and not an over abundance of dictation.  What is the deal?  The other night we were requested to work at least 1 extra hour.  Tonight they are asking again.  I don't know about you all but I have a family and other things I like to do other than work.  Don't they realize we have lives away from MQ???  Besides, that extra hour is really not going to make that much difference for me anyway. 

NJA in SA2 - Dinosaur

[ In Reply To ..]
Consider yourself fortunate they ask for OT in your region. In my region we cannot get in a full shift by mid week. Most of us have changed our shifts, split our shifts and still end up running out of work.

I started with one of the original companies that became MQ, and to be honest, they do not give a rat's rump about or lives, well being or family.

I read one of your earlier posts that you were new to the board, welcome aboard.

NJA in SA2 - iluvrainydaze47

[ In Reply To ..]
You are right. I should not be complaining about it I guess. I didn't realize that other regions often did not have enough work for their MTs. It seems sometimes like we are all in a glass bubble and don't know what goes on from one place to the other. I think it is great to have this site to talk to other MTs on. Thanks for the welcome

extra work - oldie but goodie

[ In Reply To ..]
They really don't care if you have any other obligations outside of MQ and why would they? If they did, they would have to think about the way they treat us non-office employees. I agree that an hour doesn't make much difference. However, when you get 500+ people giving that extra hour, then it adds up to a lot of reports.

I honestly think everybody should just say No Thank You when they bring up working outside of scheduled hours. Why not let them sweat a bit about TAT and not having anybody available to do the extra work. Maybe that would make them appreciate the job we do and realize just how important we are to this company's survival. But with the way this company operates, they would probably would just hire more people and create even more bouncing around between NJAs and OT.

Similar Messages:

OT-EXTRA HOURS FOR WEEKEND
Aug 27, 2010

All week NJA.  Everyone has hours to make up I am sure.  At 9:30 CCM puts out E-Mail for OT and extra hours for weekend.  At the  time of her mail "work is low" so why are we looking for OT and extra time committments????   ...

No, I'll Never Take Extra Hours Offered...
Mar 18, 2015

To help with your backlog, so stop sending me e-mails about it! The only way I'll help you with your backlog is if you pay me what I'm worth, and change this wage-theft-based pay plan you just dished out. Until then, I'll do the bare minimum for your company and do extra work at my other job, where I'm paid what I'm worth AND praised on a regular basis for my work.   ...

NJA Hours Versus OT/extra
May 29, 2015

Curious why some of the hours on the swap board are listed as NJA hours and some as OT/extra.  Does anybody know what the difference is?  TIA ...

Love The Extra Daylight Hours, But Am I The Only One Dragging Tail?
Mar 12, 2012

I'm dieing here trying to stay awake.. ...

What Part Of PT Suddenly Means I Have 10 Extra Hours To Give??
May 12, 2015

Anybody out there in my POD and want to help me interpret our mandatory OT?  HDSM is KD and scheduler is CS.  They are awesome (I'm lucky to be in this POD and know it).  They always try to keep us off mandatory OT (unsuccessfully as of late), but I'm so confused today, reading the latest email. I'm not sure the company knows what working PART-TIME means or what agreed upon schedules mean either. I just read an email from our scheduler that I believe is stating th ...

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...

Shesh. Been Sitting Here 6 Hours For 3-1/2 Hours Of Work.
Apr 17, 2013

Somehow, I think we should be getting paid for the time we are waiting between jobs, especially since the wait isn't fitting into the 15-minute wait period. - Of course, waiting put under work availability. ...

Department Of Labor Says 40 Hours Equals 40 Hours...
Sep 16, 2014

...check it out for yourselves. Employees are not independent contractors. If you signed up for a straight 8 per day, your time sheet should reflect only the breaks you take off the clock. They are so messing with you folks! ...

What's That, TSM? You Are Asking For Extra Help
Jan 08, 2015

Well, let me think about this....I just checked Fiesa and I have two 100% reports in there.  I'm normally off Thurs/Fri.  So if I just don't work anymore chances are good I will stay right at that 100%.  If I do (and I KNOW I'll get the worst dictators AND my backup account I rarely work on, happens every time in this situation)....but chances are HIGH that I will get that worked audited and then drop below 100%, prob evening falling off the "grid" and/or having to ...

Extra Strength
Nov 25, 2009

The doctor dictates: The patient's back pain responds fairly well to Tylenol; in fact better than ibuprofen. He typically takes 1 Extra Strength three times a day. Do I capitalize Extra Strength because it is assumed part of Tylenol? Or do I leave it lower case because it is not typed with the brand name Tylenol? ...

Where Does The Extra Money Go?
Sep 27, 2010

I assume that the MT companies set up a contract with the client for them to pay on a per-line basis.  Of course, they charge more than they pay us; that's how they make their money & that's fine.  But what I'm wondering is... when we get a report that comes in as VR instead of straight typing, where does the extra money go, since we get paid less for VR.  I feel like I work just as hard, if not harder on VR than typing a report.  So why don't we make ...

Extra-axial
Oct 04, 2010

Is extraaxial (brain tumor) one word or is it hyphenated?  ...

Extra-strength
Oct 24, 2010

is extra-strength Tyelnol hyphenated? ...

MD-IT Needs An Extra Few Days To Pay Me
Nov 01, 2010

was just told that md-it was going to need an extra few days to pay me. This is not the end of the world for me, but it does make me worry a bit about their financial health. Could someone out there tell me if they have had this problem too? ...

All This Hub Bub About Needing Extra Help For
Nov 07, 2010

I sit with NJA....on my SCHEDULED day to work. Once again, thanks a lot MQ for your oh so talented way of giving OT and incentives when they aren't necessary and taking away work from people who are actually scheduled to work. I appreciate it. ...

When They Pay You The $10/hr Extra Incentive
Mar 24, 2012

to work OT, do you still get time-and-a-half line rate, or is it straight line rate plus the $10/hr? ...

Extra Bonus
Jun 24, 2013

Just wondering to those of you who received the last quarterly bonus, how long did it take for them to pay you the bonus.  I didn't receive it last time but should receive it this time.  I know the quarter ends the end of June and last time they sent e-mails stating it would take a little while.  Thanks for any info! ...

Why I Will NEVER Work EXTRA
Aug 22, 2013

Every time that I log onto the system, I am reminded how disrespected, how underpaid, how unappreciated that I truly am. So - MTSO - you can publish your "SOS, EXTRA HELP NEEDED!" messages all you want.  If it ever comes down to your being willing to PAY for me to give precedence to YOUR needs, perhaps I'll consider it.  MEANWHILE, GO SUCK AN EGG, YOU BLOODSUCKERS!! ...

Should Be Some Extra Scraps Of Work For Us
Jan 22, 2010

January 26 is Republic Day in India. It is one of their most important events/holidays in India.  It is kind of like our 4th of July.  It is the anniversary when they became a republic.  They will be dancing in the streets, eating tons of Chaat and drinking lassi until the cows come home (literally), I guess.  (I have an Indian friend who tells me these things.) Maybe we will have some extra work.  Some of them will be working, but not all I would imagine.  Whoo. ...

FYI - Extra Research Now Required
Mar 16, 2010

For all that do not want to do the extra research to fill in the blanks cuz it takes too much time, too much effort, losing money trying to get it all done to help your qa submission rate I'd like to welcome you to what we as QA/MME have been doing for 3 cpl ....all of that research and more.  Now maybe some MTs (not all) will stop throwing QA under the bus and realize what we've had to do all this time for 3 cpl.  Thank you and have a nice day. ...

Transcend/work Extra
Nov 15, 2011

can you work as much as you want at Transcend or does over time have to be offered?  I saw a post below where it said people may be working to bolster their line count as it is near the end of pay period. TIA ...

Doncha Love How They BEG For Extra Help With The
May 09, 2012

backlog, yet OT is not approved & we have to strictly adhere to our schedules...  Doesn't make any sense...  Beg us to work extra, yet tell us we are not allowed to do that, LOL. ...

NJA, But Intials Asking For Extra Committments
Mar 27, 2014

Its not just the suits who don't care about the MTs. ...

Extra Work Slows Down No Pay
Apr 07, 2014

When I get partial dictation reports on EditScript where you don't have to do anything in regards to header/demographics, my speed in terms of lines per hour is almost twice as fast. When there are so many new worktypes with new MT Instructions, the speed goes way down. When the header shows no medical record number and I have to enter in demographics what speaker dictates, the speed goes way down. The point is that I think every one of the reports should be like partial dictations in wh ...

Need Name Of Reliable Gen. Trans Co. For Extra $$.
Jun 15, 2014

thanks in advance!! ...

Transfusion Extra? Negative
Jul 06, 2014

Dr. just dictated OBGYN history and then says transfusion s/l extra negative then goes on to dictate medications heading. What could that be and is it part of the OBGYN or is transfusion a new heading? Thanks! ...

Is It Possible To Get 40 Hours' Work In 40 Hours?
Aug 09, 2014

If it takes more, how many more? I realize this is an answer dependent on many factors, but I'm talking in general terms. Thank you. ...

Needing More MT Experience -- Extra School?
Dec 08, 2010

I am hoping that some of you can give me your thoughts about this. I have been an MT for about 14.5 years and lost my job about six months ago to the facillity going front-end ASR (I think). I basically transcribed only one specialty for that time, although in the beginning I did some gastro and chiro for a private practice. I have very little experience in doing the basic 4, I do have a little in DS, H&P and consults. No experience in OPs. I have been searching for jobs in my speci ...

How Much Extra Charge For Pickup/delivery?
Mar 01, 2011

I have a shot at picking up a (small) local account. The doctor hasn't called me yet to talk about it, and I have no idea whether he's equipped for digital transmission or not (believe me, I will do my best to talk him into it if he's not). But... just in case he insists upon pickup and delivery service, how much extra should I tell him that's going to cost? Flat rate? Mileage? How much?  (The local phone directory is not clear on where his office actually is located at ...

Want To Earn Extra Money? Those Of You Being Told To Lie
Nov 24, 2011

a goldmine, PLUS an opportunity to put those immoral MTSOs in their place.  Every job has the time it was submitted and who did it.  If those times are strung-out over 10-14 hours when the MTSO bogus records show you worked an 8-hour shift, who do you think will come out ahead in a lawsuit?  Also, keep a log on the REAL hours you worked as icing on the cake.  An employment attorrney would have a ball with this. ...