A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

OT-EXTRA HOURS FOR WEEKEND - typergirl

Posted: Aug 27, 2010

All week NJA.  Everyone has hours to make up I am sure.  At 9:30 CCM puts out E-Mail for OT and extra hours for weekend.  At the  time of her mail "work is low" so why are we looking for OT and extra time committments????  

because they can't - seem to hire people

[ In Reply To ..]
... who want to work weekends so that all time slots are covered. So they ask people who have already committed to work hours that are good for them. The email I got said that people are needed to work something like midnight to 2 a.m. Sure - someone who was hired to work during the day is going to have NO PROBLEM working midnight to 2 a.m. @@

I changed my hours 2-1/2 years ago to work - late evenings.

[ In Reply To ..]
Because I kept running out of work during the days and received cesspool work. I could not live like that and so I agreed (even though I HATE IT) to work evenings. My family life is going down the tubes because of it.

BUT GUESS WHAT?

NO JOBS AVAILABLE AT 11:30 PM!!!!!!! IT SUCKS! Same thing with weekends. You have MTs who switched their hours to work weekends and guess what they are getting? NO JOBS AVAILABLE!!!!!

IT SUCKS FOR US WHO SWITCHED OUR HOURS TO WORK EVENINGS AND WEEKENDS AND FIND OUT WE GET NO JOBS AVAILABLE. While other MTs still get to keep their day jobs and work and if they run out of work, sure, hop on the evening and weekends so OUR WORK IS TAKEN AWAY.

IT SUCKS. DO NOT CHANGE YOUR HOURS. IT DOES NO GOOD. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

You are absolutely correct about some MTs - working our schedules.

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told by me CCM a very long time ago that if I had to make up hours, it could only be done if there was enough work on the system for the people who were scheduled. Okay, I absolutely agree with that and have adhered to it for years because it is only fair. I contracted for my shift and I get very upset when there are so many on the system that I know are not supposed to be there. Now we are starting to have some NJA and my daytime shift is swamped with MTs making up hours, but believe me, they are not working tonight.

I just had to vent this. When I worked in-house, we respected each other because we had to actually interact with one another. Then when I started doing production transcription many years ago, I learned very quickly it wss dog eat dog,make no friends, etc.

Even if the industry has changed, we still have to act like we are really working together. We are scattered and isolated and we do not know each other, but that does not mean we are not all hurting as a WHOLE. So, I agree with you. I feel horrible when I find my hours taken by someone who is not scheduled, and my CCM says what you say, they have been warned. She is very upset about the situation and believe me, she is going to do something about it because we cannot govern ourselves. Thanks for speaking out, and for letting me get this out of my system. Please do not think I am a goodie, goodie. I like to get my share of what I is owed to me, but not at the expense of another MT in the same boat. This industry has never been this bad, and by taking someone else's hours it is just like taking food off of their table and making sure their own table is full.

because your CCM wants to make her bonus - NJA Queen

[ In Reply To ..]

The CCM is just looking at her bonus and offering OT on the off chance that the accounts send work.

As an after thought the Spheris MTs got the "Rewards Plan" which is basically a cut in pay and no more weekend incentive. I am curious to know how this will affect weekend coverage if at all.

Similar Messages:

So Who Here Will Work Extra This Weekend To Benefit The Company?
May 11, 2012

I'm tired of these emails asking us to work extra.  Why?  So they look good to the client??  Maybe if they paid us at least 8 cpl for both ST and VR, I'd consider it.  ...

Ummmm, Asked To Work Extra This Weekend And I Have NJA Right Now!!! Nm
Jun 29, 2012

,, ...

Oh The Frustration. We Are Asked To Work Extra All Weekend Sm
Dec 08, 2012

long with OT approved and this being a regular workday for me, I have nothing!!!  On top of it, we are expected to meet our minimum line counts and work our minimum hours, but how is one to do that when there is no work.  I refuse to sit here 24/7 to get my PT hours in, if that is even possible right now.  It's bad enough not making any money but then to be told that we have to meet our line counts and hours or else.....Actually, I think I would really appreciate the "or else ...

Why Do They Keep Asking For Extra Hours?
Nov 10, 2009

I don't know about you all but my CCM is constantly asking us to work "extra," even when there are no late jobs and not an over abundance of dictation.  What is the deal?  The other night we were requested to work at least 1 extra hour.  Tonight they are asking again.  I don't know about you all but I have a family and other things I like to do other than work.  Don't they realize we have lives away from MQ???  Besides, that extra hour is really not g ...

No, I'll Never Take Extra Hours Offered...
Mar 18, 2015

To help with your backlog, so stop sending me e-mails about it! The only way I'll help you with your backlog is if you pay me what I'm worth, and change this wage-theft-based pay plan you just dished out. Until then, I'll do the bare minimum for your company and do extra work at my other job, where I'm paid what I'm worth AND praised on a regular basis for my work.   ...

NJA Hours Versus OT/extra
May 29, 2015

Curious why some of the hours on the swap board are listed as NJA hours and some as OT/extra.  Does anybody know what the difference is?  TIA ...

Required 4 Weekend Hours?
Mar 09, 2010

I work for the NorthEast section of Medquist and my supervisor wanted to verify all of our hours before we started getting locked-out of working hours other than our scheduled hours. When I emailed my hours to my supervisor, I stated that I wanted to drop my 3 hours I had previously been scheduled on Sunday night since I was having a hard time keeping those hours. Mind you, I already work 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Monday through Friday and 8:30 to 1:00 p.m. on Wednesday. She then wr ...

Mandatory Weekend Hours
Aug 12, 2010

My CCM has been harping on us voluntarily changing our scheduled to weekend hours, how "it won't hurt a bit" and you may quote me.  I already work every Sunday, but they want me to now work a 6th day, splitting one of my other days where they no longer need me to work, into Friday evening hours.  How am I supposed to do this when I already have a second part-time job on the 2 days I have off?  If they didn't slash my salary by 40%, I wouldn't have to work around the ...

Love The Extra Daylight Hours, But Am I The Only One Dragging Tail?
Mar 12, 2012

I'm dieing here trying to stay awake.. ...

What Part Of PT Suddenly Means I Have 10 Extra Hours To Give??
May 12, 2015

Anybody out there in my POD and want to help me interpret our mandatory OT?  HDSM is KD and scheduler is CS.  They are awesome (I'm lucky to be in this POD and know it).  They always try to keep us off mandatory OT (unsuccessfully as of late), but I'm so confused today, reading the latest email. I'm not sure the company knows what working PART-TIME means or what agreed upon schedules mean either. I just read an email from our scheduler that I believe is stating th ...

Love The Mandatory Weekend Hours
Jun 27, 2010

so I can waste my time sitting here staring at NJA screen.  I need a new job!! ...

So What Happens If You Do NOT Work Mandatory 2 Hours Over Weekend?
Aug 22, 2012

x ...

Required To Switch Schedule To Add Weekend Hours
Jan 12, 2012

Anyone out West asked to work 3-4 hours minimum on a Sat. or Sunday with equivalent time off Monday to Friday ?  Do they ask this of the Indians, also ?  Reason given was to cover TAT.  Your thoughts, please ?  Thanks !  ...

How The Hospital Department Covers Weekend Shifts/hours
Jan 24, 2014

I am curious if anyone is an at-home transcriptionist who works for a hospital and how the department covers weekend shifts/hours. Also curious what kind of hours you are required to work during the week and how many people are on the transcription team.  Or if you'd just share what your company does for scheduling and what the hours are.  I am looking for some ideas for our team.   Small hospital.  Weekend coverage only includes priority jobs (H&Ps). Thanks! ...

Just Applied To Nuance. Curious What Hours Most Of You Work And What Hours 2nd Shift Is?
Jul 10, 2012

Please don't discourage me from applying to Nuance.  I just lost my job today and I need a job BAD!  Plus, I've only got two semesters of college left before I graduate and move out of this field.  Anyway, can someone tell me what 2nd shift hours are? And I'm curious to know when most of you work. Thanks ...

Shesh. Been Sitting Here 6 Hours For 3-1/2 Hours Of Work.
Apr 17, 2013

Somehow, I think we should be getting paid for the time we are waiting between jobs, especially since the wait isn't fitting into the 15-minute wait period. - Of course, waiting put under work availability. ...

Department Of Labor Says 40 Hours Equals 40 Hours...
Sep 16, 2014

...check it out for yourselves. Employees are not independent contractors. If you signed up for a straight 8 per day, your time sheet should reflect only the breaks you take off the clock. They are so messing with you folks! ...

What's That, TSM? You Are Asking For Extra Help
Jan 08, 2015

Well, let me think about this....I just checked Fiesa and I have two 100% reports in there.  I'm normally off Thurs/Fri.  So if I just don't work anymore chances are good I will stay right at that 100%.  If I do (and I KNOW I'll get the worst dictators AND my backup account I rarely work on, happens every time in this situation)....but chances are HIGH that I will get that worked audited and then drop below 100%, prob evening falling off the "grid" and/or having to ...

Extra Strength
Nov 25, 2009

The doctor dictates: The patient's back pain responds fairly well to Tylenol; in fact better than ibuprofen. He typically takes 1 Extra Strength three times a day. Do I capitalize Extra Strength because it is assumed part of Tylenol? Or do I leave it lower case because it is not typed with the brand name Tylenol? ...

Where Does The Extra Money Go?
Sep 27, 2010

I assume that the MT companies set up a contract with the client for them to pay on a per-line basis.  Of course, they charge more than they pay us; that's how they make their money & that's fine.  But what I'm wondering is... when we get a report that comes in as VR instead of straight typing, where does the extra money go, since we get paid less for VR.  I feel like I work just as hard, if not harder on VR than typing a report.  So why don't we make ...

Extra-axial
Oct 04, 2010

Is extraaxial (brain tumor) one word or is it hyphenated?  ...

Extra-strength
Oct 24, 2010

is extra-strength Tyelnol hyphenated? ...

MD-IT Needs An Extra Few Days To Pay Me
Nov 01, 2010

was just told that md-it was going to need an extra few days to pay me. This is not the end of the world for me, but it does make me worry a bit about their financial health. Could someone out there tell me if they have had this problem too? ...

All This Hub Bub About Needing Extra Help For
Nov 07, 2010

I sit with NJA....on my SCHEDULED day to work. Once again, thanks a lot MQ for your oh so talented way of giving OT and incentives when they aren't necessary and taking away work from people who are actually scheduled to work. I appreciate it. ...

When They Pay You The $10/hr Extra Incentive
Mar 24, 2012

to work OT, do you still get time-and-a-half line rate, or is it straight line rate plus the $10/hr? ...

Extra Bonus
Jun 24, 2013

Just wondering to those of you who received the last quarterly bonus, how long did it take for them to pay you the bonus.  I didn't receive it last time but should receive it this time.  I know the quarter ends the end of June and last time they sent e-mails stating it would take a little while.  Thanks for any info! ...

Why I Will NEVER Work EXTRA
Aug 22, 2013

Every time that I log onto the system, I am reminded how disrespected, how underpaid, how unappreciated that I truly am. So - MTSO - you can publish your "SOS, EXTRA HELP NEEDED!" messages all you want.  If it ever comes down to your being willing to PAY for me to give precedence to YOUR needs, perhaps I'll consider it.  MEANWHILE, GO SUCK AN EGG, YOU BLOODSUCKERS!! ...

Should Be Some Extra Scraps Of Work For Us
Jan 22, 2010

January 26 is Republic Day in India. It is one of their most important events/holidays in India.  It is kind of like our 4th of July.  It is the anniversary when they became a republic.  They will be dancing in the streets, eating tons of Chaat and drinking lassi until the cows come home (literally), I guess.  (I have an Indian friend who tells me these things.) Maybe we will have some extra work.  Some of them will be working, but not all I would imagine.  Whoo. ...

FYI - Extra Research Now Required
Mar 16, 2010

For all that do not want to do the extra research to fill in the blanks cuz it takes too much time, too much effort, losing money trying to get it all done to help your qa submission rate I'd like to welcome you to what we as QA/MME have been doing for 3 cpl ....all of that research and more.  Now maybe some MTs (not all) will stop throwing QA under the bus and realize what we've had to do all this time for 3 cpl.  Thank you and have a nice day. ...

Transcend/work Extra
Nov 15, 2011

can you work as much as you want at Transcend or does over time have to be offered?  I saw a post below where it said people may be working to bolster their line count as it is near the end of pay period. TIA ...