A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Word/term for time off for doctor visit - Hannah

Posted: Apr 08, 2014

I am almost finished with a medical transcription course.  There is one worde/term being dictated that I just cannot understand.  It refers to when someone takes time off work for a doctor visit.  It sounds like the person dictating is saying "emuran."  Can anyone help me.

Thanks so much

maligering? - 16TRANSCRIBER

[ In Reply To ..]
Offhand, I cannot think of anything it could be. What about malingering as if "faking" illness?

I meant malingering. Keyboard trying to go out! - 16TRANSCRBER

[ In Reply To ..]
XX

lol. I csll faking an illness mall lingering. - joke, just a joke. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Please give the full sentence - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

[ In Reply To ..]
He has missed approximately four weeks total of __________ dispersed in the last two months

not sure how this involves time off for MD visits? - context?

[ In Reply To ..]

Imuran - Muah

[ In Reply To ..]
The word "dispersed" made me believe he was referring to a medication such as Imuran. Did the patient have a transplant?

[ In Reply To ..]
The patient is concerned about time off from work for doctor visits as he has already taken 40 days of _________.

As your instructors for help - xx

[ In Reply To ..]
That's what you're paying them for.

They don't want to know what we know. They want to know what you know.

Please read the sticky note at the top of the board, the one about not coming here for help with school work.

Wait, you don't know what the word is, but - you know what it means?

[ In Reply To ..]
How does that happen?

Is this from a test?

Similar Messages:

Word Help -- Pro Time --so Is It Protime All One Word, Or Space Like Pro Time, Or Hyphenated Pro-tim
Jun 07, 2011

Protime -- how is this correctly written? Pro-time; pro time; Protime -- having a brain fart and can not remember which is acceptable. ...

Not Sure If This Is A Word Or A Slang Word A Doctor Is Using
Dec 15, 2009

I am doing a diction of and Gasto Operative report on a patient who is having a End colostmy and Hartmann pouch resection! The doctor keeps dictating the work "parin"  Example:   Take down colostomy with segmental sigmoid resection and low pelvic EA stabled rectosigmoid anastomosis parin 31 mm end parin.   I have referenced this in many ways and still come up with nothing... Does anyone have  a clue what this is or what it means Thank you ...

Time Off For Doctor Appointments
Mar 20, 2011

I am a part timer and usually do not have to take time off for doctor appointments but have one this coming week that I will need an hour or 2 off for.  I thought a couple of years ago the policy was changed to read that we did not have to make up this time or take PTO for doctor appointments.  Was I dreaming this?  First time in a long time I have had to do this and would like to know what others do.  Bascially my CCM told me I had the rest of the week in which to make it up ...

If A Doctor Says The Same Thing Every Time
Feb 17, 2012

like in an EGD or a physical examination, even if he says it fast and it's hard to understand, shouldn't SR eventually GET IT??? ...

Thank You, Doctor. It's About Time You Told
Sep 18, 2014

Help With Unknown Word/term Please?
Jan 17, 2011

Could you please help with this? Sentence is, I went and re-evaluated the patient __________ at 3 o'clock in the morning. Blank sounds like denovo. Thank you so much! Teri ...

Doctor Slang Word
Mar 31, 2011

The doctor is saying: He will undergo the procedure with the s/l perbazo that this may increase his sugars. I'm having trouble finding this word on google and I know I've heard it before but just can't put my finger on it. Thanks so much for any help! ...

I Am A Patient And A Part-time Of Employee Of The Same Doctor.
Dec 02, 2009

I have three jobs.  One full time, a part-time and a part-time (done only once a month). The once a month job is for done for my pcp (doctor).  I no longer have need for the job.  I hate to tell my own physician I no longer want to work for him because I feel as a patient he will not treat me the same.  Never mix business with business.  What can I do? ...

How Do Handle When A Doctor Makes Up A Word?
Sep 16, 2014

I have a psych doc who always says "the patient was less complaintive today."  I've changed it o "the patient complained less today."  But the doc sends the report back for correction and wants the word "complaintive" which is NOT a word!  I've been giving it to him, but man it drives me crazy. I have an ortho doc who ALWAYS says "all were in agreeance" and I change it to agreement and so far so good, but he is still dictating agreeance.  ...

Having Hard Time Hearing Doctor On Voice Files
Nov 04, 2010

I wanted to know some pointers to get ahead with understanding a doctor's dictation in certain parts of a voice file. I am having a hard time even though I have been doing MT work for over a year. Any suggestions would really help.   Thanks ...

ER VISIT
Mar 06, 2010

Need help.  S/L anocubita.  Can't find it on Google or in my reference books.  Thanks in advance. ...

Can't Find Word Doctor Even Wrote It Out Pancreatobiliary Tract??? Ever Heard Of This??
Jun 04, 2010

EMR At The Doc Office Visit Today
Aug 09, 2010

Went in for annual OB/GYN today and saw the NextGen EMR monitors everywhere!  NP comes in the room and starts typing, althought it takes her forever to get through screens.  I asked about my records from my high-risk pregnancy 10 years ago.  She says they will be "somewhere in storage" but will never be assessible at any office visit from now on.  What???  I thought that was why EMR was going to be SO GREAT!  So we could access our medical records fro ...

Once Upon An Urgent Care Visit...
Sep 09, 2013

I went to Urgent Care with my fiance last week as he was not feeling well.  They got us right in.  A medical assistant took his vitals immediately. The doctor was in within 5 minutes.  (There was only one person in the waiting room ahead of us and, incidentally, no one yet after us.)  Everyone was very nice, personable, and efficient.  The doctor started asking my fiance questions about his health, as he sat in front of a laptop computer and entered all the information h ...

Pt Does Not Want To Be At Office Visit. He Is Very S/l *monofelobic* In His Responses. Tx Nm
Jul 11, 2013

x ...

Wound Edges Were Debrided Of The S/l Fibering On Today's Visit.
Jan 14, 2010

x ...

Beware Of The Time When The Term "coder" Gets
May 05, 2013

Whenever the suffix "ist" gets added to a job title, it means the field has been feminized and undervalued.  I'm not saying this WILL happen, but it would be amusing. ...

Is Rhoncoarse A Word? Doctor Specifically Saying Rhoncoarse (as In Coarse Rhonchi)
Nov 20, 2010

sentence is:  As above she has (rhoncoarse) inspiratory and expiratory breath sounds throughout our interview.    Doctor is not foreign and speaks very clearly... ...

Not A Medical Term, A Descriptive Term I Think
Jun 04, 2012

In the general portion of the physical exam the blank sounds like visily. She is a happy little girl sitting in mother's lap, grinning at me, and _____ eating Cheetos. ...

Overheard A Doctor Telling Another Doctor...
Oct 15, 2010

20 years ago when the DRG's hit the hospitals, one  was complaing to the other... "they treat doctors like a bunch of old dogs now".  Well, that's how  MTs are being treated now.  Why on God's green earth do the MT services require all MT's to work at least one weekend day every week (Friday's and Monday's  don't count). Every ad I see on the Job Seeker board requires weekends.  Are they sadistic or something.  Why do we put u ...

Doc Uses "herniopathy" All The Time. Is That A Word, Or Is There
Nov 01, 2011

? ...

QA Keeps Changing Pro-time To Pro-time Or Pro-time Or Pro-time....once And For All, Which Is Correct
Apr 07, 2011

x ...

Ex-full-term Vs Ex Fullterm Vs Ex-full Term
Jan 04, 2012

Describing an infant ...

Trying To Find Part-time Or Full-time Employee Position (hospital/clinic)
Apr 30, 2013

If anyone knows of a hospital, clinic, or large practice offering remote full-time or part-time employee positions, I would really appreciate an email.  I have the sudden need to help support a family member long term (in addition to myself) and really need to find a long-term remote employee position for the stability.  Yes, I watch all the various employment sites and even individual hospital sites, but I was hoping that maybe, just maybe someone who works for a hospital that does th ...

How Many Lines Is Considered Full Time And Part Time At Your MTSO?
May 06, 2010

I am wondering what the average for part time and full time status is either if it is done by line count or hours. Thanks so much! ...

FULL-TIME DOWNGRADE TO PART-TIME STATUS - Question
Dec 08, 2011

Has anyone working for an MTSO been downgraded from full-time status to part-time status based on not enough hours worked to be considered full time, yet making well above the minimum amount of earnings required for full-time status? ...

Does Precyse Hire Any Part-time Or Only Full-time?
Nov 03, 2010

nm ...

Overtime Because Of The Time Clock Time Zone Change?
Feb 06, 2011

It has been inconvenient, and maybe a bit confusing at times, to check my time card hours for my shift as, because of my time zone, part of my hours show up on the next day because I work 2nd shift. I wonder if I will get overtime for yesterday, even though I did not work overtime. I had to start work several hours early because of maintenance, so all hours were completed before the hour my hours start showing up on the next day. Fine. But the last couple hours of yesterday show up as today, ...

Anybody Else's Actual Time Worked Not Match Clocked Time?
Jun 13, 2011

Ever since they have changed Schedule Source and now it has a display called today's activity with "actuals" hours, this has not matched the hours shown with the time clock punches and is less than the hours according to the clock punch. The difference adds up to a significant amount over time. I am really suspicious about being jypped paywise. ...

MQ Rehire Policy For Part Time To Full Time
Apr 09, 2011

I worked for MQ full time and then went to part time last year, before finally quitting altogether because of health problems. I seem to remember an obscure policy that if you were full time and then went to part time, you could not go back to full time for a period of at least 1 year.  Can anyone verify that for me? IF, and this is a big IF, I were to go back to work for MQ, I would need to be full time. ...