A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Capitalization of virus types - Bernadelli

Posted: May 03, 2011

ECHO virus Type 9 and Coxsackie Group A, Type 9 can produce meningitis and petechiae.

Should the words "type" and "group" be capitalized?

no caps - deb142

[ In Reply To ..]
It should be: ECHO virus type 9 and Coxsackie group A type 9

Similar Messages:

MQ Virus
Feb 03, 2010

Has anyone had to deal with tech for a computer virus?  My MQ computer (not this one) has a virus, it says a worm and also security 2010 virus.  I did not work today nor tomorrow, so I am not going to deal with it until it is my work day, not on my days off.  So the computer is shut off until then.  However, I was wondering how long does it take to fix?  I had a nasty virus about a year ago on my personal computer and had to have it completely erased and new windows load ...

Maybe Virus And Not 6.1?
Sep 10, 2010

Undoubtedly I have picked up a virus if nobody else is having this slowness and delay that I am having.  Sometimes will just stop while I am still typing and then will catch up.  It takes longer to upload and download a report.  No flaming please.  I have typed for a hundred years, and this is not right.  It just happened when I upgraded the 6.1.  If everyone was having this trouble, I think we would all be screaming.  Will try running virus scan this ...

EEEK A VIRUS!!!!
Nov 01, 2009

I have been infected!! Well, my MQ computer anyway.  This has never happened before. I have never had a virus even on my personal computer.  What do I do?  I emailed support because it is a Sunday and every time in the past on Sundays I get a rude tech so I didnt call.  It is also my day off so I just shut my computer off and I guess if they don't call me tomorrow then I will call them.  Beware... it is called personal gaurd 2009.  I don't know how I got i ...

Eeek Its Me Again, The One With The Virus
Nov 04, 2009

Thanks for all the suggestions below!  Support had called me on Monday and I spent 4 hours on the phone with them trying to get the virus off.  They couldn't do it and escaladed the ticket.  That person was suppose to call me yesterday and didn't.  Then they didn't call me today and I called support back and they told me it was out of their hands!  So I missed yesterday and today from work which normally wouldnt be so bad, but there are only 4 paychecks ti ...

Anti-virus
Jan 07, 2010

Does anybody know where on MQ Central we can get the Kaspersky anti-virus download?  McAfee was messing up, so I downloaded the Kaspersky last week.  However, I can't get it to work and now I can't find the software download/instructions anywhere.  I'm thinking they deleted it from the site. ...

Virus Scans
Sep 14, 2010

I think this is where I am to post this.  I have Norton 360 installed on my computer.  Every night, it just starts running a scan, usually when I am working :-(.  This really, really slows my computer down.  Is there anything I can about this?  I have it set for "manual scans."  I didn't think it would just run on its own if I had it set to manual.  I then run a scan every night after I get down working.  It is very aggravating.  Any help or advi ...

Virus Question
Jun 14, 2011

Does anyone seem to know where I keep getting this virus from, Exploit:Win32/Pdfjsc.CR.  My system cleans this out every day and it is driving me nuts.  Thank you! ...

Norfolk Virus
Mar 01, 2011

Is there such a thing as Norfolk virus?  I was not able to find that, but did find Norwalk or Norovirus.  Dictator is clearly not saying either of these and it sounds more like Norfolk virus.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Virus - Fraud Ware
Jan 30, 2010

For the second time, some scumbag has put one of those unsolicited scans on my computer which subsequently gives me an infected file message and at that point I cannot use my computer.  I read on this board, I believe, some instructions on how to remove a virus - does anyone know anything about that?  My tech fixed it and now the very next day, same thing happened. ...

Crap! I Received A Virus.
Jun 01, 2010

So, I am working on MQ computer and wanted to ask a question on MTstars and before you know it, a virus started downloading.  I freaked out and tried to stop the virus from scanning.  I got out of MTstars and tried to get out of report I was on and nothing, my computer froze.  I turned off computer and waited for 10 minutes, got back on and I cannot get into DocQscribe or Schedulesource because a warning window pops up stating I have a virus.  I cannot even get into Schedule ...

Virus Scanner Download
Jul 30, 2010

I'm definitely sure I have some bugs in my computer as manifested by my search results bringing me to repeated links other than what I clicked.  I was using Threatfire, but that didn't pick anything up.  I did Trendmicro Housecall and that picked stuff up and fixed them and everything seemed to be alright, but it comes back after reboot.  Does MQ have a virus scanner for free download and, if so, where can I get it?  Thanks! ...

Express Scribe Virus
Oct 21, 2014

The clinic I work at has Express scribe on one computer. It seems that computer has been attacked with a virus. They think it is the express scribe system. Have you had any problems with this in the last day or so? ...

Types Of Biters
May 13, 2010

What is a type of biter that starts with a P used in a chondroplasty operatoin? ...

Ortho Types
Jan 10, 2012

Is it type 2 spondylolisthesis or type II spondylolisthesis? Thanks ...

The Types Of Jobs I See A Lot Of....
Aug 02, 2012

I make it a habit to check job boards and listings every day.  A couple of places I check a lot are Indeed and Craigslist.  (I know Craigslist jobs have to be taken with a grain of salt because some of them are scams.) This is kind of interesting to me: For some reason, I notice a lot of jobs at veterinary clinics and chiropractors' offices.   It's just curious to me.  Are these two types of businesses doing so well that they're always needing more help, or a ...

ER Work Types
Apr 24, 2013

Hi, I've been an MT for 8 years, but have never, ever typed ER reports.  My company has been very slow and I was applying for other jobs and my supervisor just told me she has another account she can add me to and it is an ER account.  I'm not sure why I never thought about it before, why ER reports don't get in the regular pool like the rest of the hospital, but was just wondering, is a strictly ER account usually good work to do?  Are they just your typical transc ...

Types Of Consolidation
Feb 23, 2015

My dictator says something that sounds like "he had some creer consolidation on his chest x-ray." Any insight? Thanks in advance. ...

Work Types, Which Get You Most LPH
May 27, 2015

Just curious. I see where many transcribers are getting 200-400 lph and I wanted to know what work types they work?  Have they had the same account for a long time.  What is the secret to getting  up to 400 lph?????   ...

Work Types
Jun 10, 2015

Here's an idea: How about if dictators are responsible for keying in the RIGHT work type instead of transcriptionists wasting time trying to figure out which one to use, or getting an audit back telling us we used the wrong one when the dictator had keyed it wrong? ...

West Nile Virus Treatment? (sm)
Feb 16, 2011

The patient is in a s/l *total shell* with a headrest secondary to West Nile virus, some neuromotor dysfunction, but no acute changes. This is mentioned in the HEENT exam on a discharge, not the reason the pt was admitted so have nothing else to go by and no other notes mention anything. He is just mumbling his way through this whole thing (new PA) and I cannot quite get what he is meaning, the "t" sound and "shell" are the only clear sounding parts, and googling with West Nile virus and h ...

Anyone Else Get A Virus Warning When Signing Into Teamwork
Aug 28, 2012

I got two Trojan Horse warnings when I signed in..the virus was blocked and it let me sign in...Anyone else?  very weird ...

Beware Email Virus Scam
Mar 28, 2013

I'm sure most of you are savvy enough to watch out for email scams. I only mention this because I actually am expecting a package and this one looks legit enough. It appears to be from FedEx. Says the courier could not deliver your package, print this receipt and follow directions.  ...

Anyone Attempting To Download New Virus Program For TT?
Oct 20, 2014

Not for me. ...

What Types Of Forceps Are Used That Start With T?
Nov 09, 2009

what types of forceps are used that start with T?  He used closed _________ forceps??? ...

Types Of Scissors During Surgery
Feb 28, 2010

Does anyone know if there are surgical scissors called man scissors or something sounding close to that???  Thanks in advance!!! ...

Work Types Question
Aug 19, 2010

What are examples of transcription work types? ...

AV Block, Number Types
Jan 30, 2012

I know that Mobitz type AV block is always expressed in roman numerals- but with just AV block types I, II, etc. is that also correctly expressed in roman numerals?  I always thought yes but have a coworker here saying no.  Just want to get a definitive answer.  Thanks! ...

LPH, Work Types, ESLs
Mar 10, 2012

I'd like to ask a favor please.  When people post what their LPH is, like one poster below saying 500 LPH, would you also post what work types you are working on and the percentage of ESLs.  Acute care or clinic, radiology, ER. It is not that I am doubting, but just comparing it to my work. The numbers I have seen people post are unimaginable to me if they are doing acute care with 80% ESLs and all work types and exceeding 99% accuracy.  A lot of normal templates in your ...

Types Of Diaphragmatic Hernia
Sep 27, 2013

Okay.. weird one.. the dictation says, there is a moderate sized ......... sounds like "direct site" type diaphragmatic hernia..   any clues?  the dictator is very mumbly here.. Thanks! ...

Learning New Types Of Transcription
Jul 09, 2014

Do any of the transcription companies offer unpaid internships that help you move on to new types of transcription?  I've typed radiology for 20+ years.  I also have typed neurobehavioral psychology and pain management psychology.  But acute care I've not done (except radiology inside a hospital for 8 years).  Any info would be gratefully accepted. ...