A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

virus scanner download - Buggy

Posted: Jul 30, 2010

I'm definitely sure I have some bugs in my computer as manifested by my search results bringing me to repeated links other than what I clicked.  I was using Threatfire, but that didn't pick anything up.  I did Trendmicro Housecall and that picked stuff up and fixed them and everything seemed to be alright, but it comes back after reboot.  Does MQ have a virus scanner for free download and, if so, where can I get it?  Thanks!

Don't know about Medquist, but Microsoft has a pretty good one - in Microsoft Security Essentials

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

That is free. Between that and Spyware Doctor which is about $40 they seem to catch everything. Spyware Doctor is really good at catching the one that gives yuo the fake antivirus warning.

Virus scanner - deb

[ In Reply To ..]
MQ Central
My Work
Software repository
Corporate platform
Kaspersky anti-virus download

Hope this helps.

Virus Program - Windy

[ In Reply To ..]
I have used Avast for about six years--it is the best I've ever had (and I've used PCs and A/V programs for about 15 years. It is free for home users.

Kapersky has been way better than McAfee for me - sick and tired

[ In Reply To ..]

If it is an MQ computer, contact support - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
and make them do the work, or:

I have had a lot of luck in the past using McAfee free online scan and repair.
http://home.mcafee.com/Downloads/FreeScan.aspx

I like and use Avira.
http://www.avira.com/en/pages/index.php

try AVG - NE MT

[ In Reply To ..]
That is what I used after I disabled both Crapafee and Kacrapsky provided by MQ- both stalled out my computer and would not allow me to work. AVG picked up a bunch of viruses on first scan and has given me no problems since.

I use AVG, but had to go with the paid one, because - Rocky Raccoon

[ In Reply To ..]
the free version couldn't prevent a lot of the malware that's going around, especially all those FAKE virus-scanner trojans. They'll eventually cripple your computer.

The paid version works well, and has updates usually every day or every other day. I can still work while it's scanning.

I still occasionally get "redirected" to pages I didn't want by a potential bug trying to get in. (Yahoo, my local TV News channel's website, and this site seem to have a lot of them). Whatever you do don't click on ANYTHING on the new page that comes up. I've found the safest way to close it is to hit "CTL-ALT-DEL", and close the unwanted page that way.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Attempting To Download New Virus Program For TT?
Oct 20, 2014

Not for me. ...

MQ Virus
Feb 03, 2010

Has anyone had to deal with tech for a computer virus?  My MQ computer (not this one) has a virus, it says a worm and also security 2010 virus.  I did not work today nor tomorrow, so I am not going to deal with it until it is my work day, not on my days off.  So the computer is shut off until then.  However, I was wondering how long does it take to fix?  I had a nasty virus about a year ago on my personal computer and had to have it completely erased and new windows load ...

Maybe Virus And Not 6.1?
Sep 10, 2010

Undoubtedly I have picked up a virus if nobody else is having this slowness and delay that I am having.  Sometimes will just stop while I am still typing and then will catch up.  It takes longer to upload and download a report.  No flaming please.  I have typed for a hundred years, and this is not right.  It just happened when I upgraded the 6.1.  If everyone was having this trouble, I think we would all be screaming.  Will try running virus scan this ...

EEEK A VIRUS!!!!
Nov 01, 2009

I have been infected!! Well, my MQ computer anyway.  This has never happened before. I have never had a virus even on my personal computer.  What do I do?  I emailed support because it is a Sunday and every time in the past on Sundays I get a rude tech so I didnt call.  It is also my day off so I just shut my computer off and I guess if they don't call me tomorrow then I will call them.  Beware... it is called personal gaurd 2009.  I don't know how I got i ...

Eeek Its Me Again, The One With The Virus
Nov 04, 2009

Thanks for all the suggestions below!  Support had called me on Monday and I spent 4 hours on the phone with them trying to get the virus off.  They couldn't do it and escaladed the ticket.  That person was suppose to call me yesterday and didn't.  Then they didn't call me today and I called support back and they told me it was out of their hands!  So I missed yesterday and today from work which normally wouldnt be so bad, but there are only 4 paychecks ti ...

Anti-virus
Jan 07, 2010

Does anybody know where on MQ Central we can get the Kaspersky anti-virus download?  McAfee was messing up, so I downloaded the Kaspersky last week.  However, I can't get it to work and now I can't find the software download/instructions anywhere.  I'm thinking they deleted it from the site. ...

Virus Scans
Sep 14, 2010

I think this is where I am to post this.  I have Norton 360 installed on my computer.  Every night, it just starts running a scan, usually when I am working :-(.  This really, really slows my computer down.  Is there anything I can about this?  I have it set for "manual scans."  I didn't think it would just run on its own if I had it set to manual.  I then run a scan every night after I get down working.  It is very aggravating.  Any help or advi ...

Virus Question
Jun 14, 2011

Does anyone seem to know where I keep getting this virus from, Exploit:Win32/Pdfjsc.CR.  My system cleans this out every day and it is driving me nuts.  Thank you! ...

Norfolk Virus
Mar 01, 2011

Is there such a thing as Norfolk virus?  I was not able to find that, but did find Norwalk or Norovirus.  Dictator is clearly not saying either of these and it sounds more like Norfolk virus.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Virus - Fraud Ware
Jan 30, 2010

For the second time, some scumbag has put one of those unsolicited scans on my computer which subsequently gives me an infected file message and at that point I cannot use my computer.  I read on this board, I believe, some instructions on how to remove a virus - does anyone know anything about that?  My tech fixed it and now the very next day, same thing happened. ...

Crap! I Received A Virus.
Jun 01, 2010

So, I am working on MQ computer and wanted to ask a question on MTstars and before you know it, a virus started downloading.  I freaked out and tried to stop the virus from scanning.  I got out of MTstars and tried to get out of report I was on and nothing, my computer froze.  I turned off computer and waited for 10 minutes, got back on and I cannot get into DocQscribe or Schedulesource because a warning window pops up stating I have a virus.  I cannot even get into Schedule ...

Capitalization Of Virus Types
May 03, 2011

ECHO virus Type 9 and Coxsackie Group A, Type 9 can produce meningitis and petechiae. Should the words "type" and "group" be capitalized? ...

Express Scribe Virus
Oct 21, 2014

The clinic I work at has Express scribe on one computer. It seems that computer has been attacked with a virus. They think it is the express scribe system. Have you had any problems with this in the last day or so? ...

West Nile Virus Treatment? (sm)
Feb 16, 2011

The patient is in a s/l *total shell* with a headrest secondary to West Nile virus, some neuromotor dysfunction, but no acute changes. This is mentioned in the HEENT exam on a discharge, not the reason the pt was admitted so have nothing else to go by and no other notes mention anything. He is just mumbling his way through this whole thing (new PA) and I cannot quite get what he is meaning, the "t" sound and "shell" are the only clear sounding parts, and googling with West Nile virus and h ...

Anyone Else Get A Virus Warning When Signing Into Teamwork
Aug 28, 2012

I got two Trojan Horse warnings when I signed in..the virus was blocked and it let me sign in...Anyone else?  very weird ...

Beware Email Virus Scam
Mar 28, 2013

I'm sure most of you are savvy enough to watch out for email scams. I only mention this because I actually am expecting a package and this one looks legit enough. It appears to be from FedEx. Says the courier could not deliver your package, print this receipt and follow directions.  ...

My McAfee Virus Scan Subscription Runs Out
Dec 03, 2009

at the end of December.  I know it is not the best scanner.  Need opinions on what else is out that that is good.  I have heard bad things about Nortoon's.  McAfee and Norton's are really the only 2 that are advertised that you hear about.  Any opinions, suggestions, experiences???   TIA. ...

Cheap (preferably Free) Virus Protection
Apr 22, 2013

For my personal computer, don't do MT on it.  Do buy Norton for the one I work on.  Any suggestions? ...

BOS 2 Download
Sep 04, 2010

can anyone here share with me how to download the BOS 2 onto my desktop.  My puter crashed some time ago and I am trying to add sites and programs as I remember what was on the other puter.  Thanks. ...

Can We Still Download DQS 6.1?
Jul 18, 2012

Have been using a MQ computer and not yet transitioned to DQS7. Just got a "new" XP system (built by a friend) and would ilke to test out using it for MQ as it is supposed to be faster than my ancient MQ system. I need to know how to download it.  If we can.  It was all ready on the MQ machine. anybody, thanks ...

Download ISP At Least 2 Mbp Now?
Sep 25, 2013

Found out the hard way just this week that download speed is now 2 mbp or greater, with fluency shutting down on uploads.  When did this happen?  I was treated as if it is my ISP that is below-par on speed, but had upped to a 1.5 mbp plan just for "Q" a year ago.  Did my ISP just stop working well with Fluency, or did the "Q" once again cause issues without allowing its employees who are home-based to plan for them.  Now my production is zilch for the week of the ISP learning ...

BOOKS TO DOWNLOAD
Mar 19, 2010

Does anyone know where I can download reference books to buy?  I would like to skip the wait for books and just download reference materials/resources.  Any ideas?  Looking for drug reference books, etc. ...

Chartnet Download
May 12, 2012

Just wondering if anyone has ever had problems with Chartnet, every time I try to log in it gives me an error message stating error loading voice client class not registered. Thanks for any help. ...

Help -- How Do I Download DQS7?
Jun 27, 2012

Hi -   Hard to teach me new tricks.  Where do I d/l DOQ7?  Thanks. ...

DQS 7.1 Download Link
Sep 22, 2012

Anyone have the link to download DQS 7.1? I had to get it from support the first time but didn't write it down and want to put it on my personal laptop for mobility. Thanks in advance. ...

DQS Frozen - Cant Download Anything Nm
Oct 26, 2012

nm ...

Where Can I Download A Copy Of TSG?
Jul 24, 2014

Does anyone know where on the intranet I can download a copy of the TSG? I keep looking everywhere but I can't find it. ...

Anyone Have The Download Instructions For 7.6
Jan 12, 2015

I lost the e-mail I was sent.  Hate to call IT.  ...

I Know I Asked This Before But I Do See Some Lag In The Up And Download Every Now And Then And Am
Mar 20, 2015

wondering if others have noticed this at all lately. It isnt bad but just moreso than before for me anyway.  I know it isnt my computer because I use my own computer so it is the system.    ...

Got New Computer From MQ. How Do I Download BOS2? Nm
Jan 05, 2010