A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Types of scissors during surgery - lizzy

Posted: Feb 28, 2010

Does anyone know if there are surgical scissors called man scissors or something sounding close to that???  Thanks in advance!!!

Scissors - dsauverwald

[ In Reply To ..]
There are Mayo scissors, so perhaps this is what you are looking for?

That is the closest I could come, also, unless it is eye surgery.....nm - Cyndiee

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Maryland Scissors Versus Marilyn Scissors
Sep 25, 2012

During a laparoscopic cholecystectomy, is it Maryland scissors or Marilyn scissors?  Thank you! ...

K-scissors?
Aug 31, 2011

This is a surgery for blepharoplasty and the doctor is using K scissors.  I've referenced a couple different scissor lists but couldn't find just "K" scissors.  Does anyone know if it's K-scissors or Kaye scissors or ??? Thank you. ...

S/l Mesinbaum Scissors
Jan 13, 2010

looking for scissors used in surgical procedures.  s/l mesinbaum scissors? ...

Jamey Scissors?
Oct 20, 2010

"Jamey scissors" were then used to divide the plaque at this location.  Vascular surgery.  Does anyone know if this is short for "Jameson scissors"?  I've heard multiple doctors say "Jamey" but can't document it anywhere.  Thanks! ...

Surgical Scissors
May 10, 2012

Subgaleal plane of the forehead was dissected using s/l Omni scissors?      ...

Gleen Saucer Scissors
Aug 14, 2012

well that's what it sounds like or clean saucer scissors.  Anyone? ...

Blue Cheese Scissors
Oct 02, 2014

No VR. Wrong again. Try Bellucci scissors. ...

Cubital Tunnel Release - S/l Toonami Scissors - Sm
Oct 05, 2013

I am doing a cubital tunnel release report and it sounds like "toonami" scissors (too-na-me). Can anyone help with this? Also, can someone post a link to a good orthopedic surgical website? TIA! Sentence: The blunt dissection was performed down to the ulnar nerve, which was easily identified, and this was unroofed with "toonami" scissors. ...

Types Of Biters
May 13, 2010

What is a type of biter that starts with a P used in a chondroplasty operatoin? ...

Ortho Types
Jan 10, 2012

Is it type 2 spondylolisthesis or type II spondylolisthesis? Thanks ...

The Types Of Jobs I See A Lot Of....
Aug 02, 2012

I make it a habit to check job boards and listings every day.  A couple of places I check a lot are Indeed and Craigslist.  (I know Craigslist jobs have to be taken with a grain of salt because some of them are scams.) This is kind of interesting to me: For some reason, I notice a lot of jobs at veterinary clinics and chiropractors' offices.   It's just curious to me.  Are these two types of businesses doing so well that they're always needing more help, or a ...

ER Work Types
Apr 24, 2013

Hi, I've been an MT for 8 years, but have never, ever typed ER reports.  My company has been very slow and I was applying for other jobs and my supervisor just told me she has another account she can add me to and it is an ER account.  I'm not sure why I never thought about it before, why ER reports don't get in the regular pool like the rest of the hospital, but was just wondering, is a strictly ER account usually good work to do?  Are they just your typical transc ...

Types Of Consolidation
Feb 23, 2015

My dictator says something that sounds like "he had some creer consolidation on his chest x-ray." Any insight? Thanks in advance. ...

Work Types, Which Get You Most LPH
May 27, 2015

Just curious. I see where many transcribers are getting 200-400 lph and I wanted to know what work types they work?  Have they had the same account for a long time.  What is the secret to getting  up to 400 lph?????   ...

Work Types
Jun 10, 2015

Here's an idea: How about if dictators are responsible for keying in the RIGHT work type instead of transcriptionists wasting time trying to figure out which one to use, or getting an audit back telling us we used the wrong one when the dictator had keyed it wrong? ...

What Types Of Forceps Are Used That Start With T?
Nov 09, 2009

what types of forceps are used that start with T?  He used closed _________ forceps??? ...

Work Types Question
Aug 19, 2010

What are examples of transcription work types? ...

Capitalization Of Virus Types
May 03, 2011

ECHO virus Type 9 and Coxsackie Group A, Type 9 can produce meningitis and petechiae. Should the words "type" and "group" be capitalized? ...

AV Block, Number Types
Jan 30, 2012

I know that Mobitz type AV block is always expressed in roman numerals- but with just AV block types I, II, etc. is that also correctly expressed in roman numerals?  I always thought yes but have a coworker here saying no.  Just want to get a definitive answer.  Thanks! ...

LPH, Work Types, ESLs
Mar 10, 2012

I'd like to ask a favor please.  When people post what their LPH is, like one poster below saying 500 LPH, would you also post what work types you are working on and the percentage of ESLs.  Acute care or clinic, radiology, ER. It is not that I am doubting, but just comparing it to my work. The numbers I have seen people post are unimaginable to me if they are doing acute care with 80% ESLs and all work types and exceeding 99% accuracy.  A lot of normal templates in your ...

Types Of Diaphragmatic Hernia
Sep 27, 2013

Okay.. weird one.. the dictation says, there is a moderate sized ......... sounds like "direct site" type diaphragmatic hernia..   any clues?  the dictator is very mumbly here.. Thanks! ...

Learning New Types Of Transcription
Jul 09, 2014

Do any of the transcription companies offer unpaid internships that help you move on to new types of transcription?  I've typed radiology for 20+ years.  I also have typed neurobehavioral psychology and pain management psychology.  But acute care I've not done (except radiology inside a hospital for 8 years).  Any info would be gratefully accepted. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me Trocar Types Or Give A Website?
Jul 18, 2012

I know Hasson and Optiview but that's the extent of my knowledge.  It sounds like he is saying sashi or heshi trocar  and then another where it sounds like lastco.  Hard to understand and haven't recieved my surgical word book yet.  Just wondering if anyone could shed light on these terms now and also provide me with a site of them since I can't seem to find any references except types like blunt tip, sharp tip, etc. ...

Does Anyone Know What Types Of Questions Are Asked In Diskriter Interview?
Jan 11, 2010

. ...

Instant Text Types Out Suffixes Of Words
Mar 04, 2010

It drives me crazy (not to mention is very time consuming), but Instant Text types out suffixes of words, e.g. I type 'complaint' then realize it should be 'complaints' so I backspace and add the 's'.  It then types out 'complaintubal sterilization' (it expanded the 'ts'). This happens a lot, and I wonder if anyone knows if there is a setting I can change. Thank you in advance. ...

Are Ortho Grades And Types Roman Numerals Or Arabic
Oct 26, 2010

Are ortho grades and types Roman numerals or Arabic?  ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

Is "AS Scissors" Correct?
Feb 07, 2010

It is a toenail removal and I am not as familiar with surgical instruments as I used to be.  Can anyone confirm this or else offer me an alternative because so far I am finding nothing close. TIA~ ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

What Types Of "background Checks" Is Nuance Doing?
Sep 28, 2011

NM ...