A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone attempting to download new virus program for TT? - Is it working?

Posted: Oct 20, 2014

Not for me.

The program itself is not working or the instructions... - Really?

[ In Reply To ..]
do not allow you to complete the install? Have you contacted Tech to let them know? I've always found them to be super helpful and patient with my ignorance. Keep us updated please!

I got as far as Browse - sent email, as of yet - no response

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Got an instruction from A. Makes no sense to me. - Sent another.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Finally got it loaded. - Finally -
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I had a little difficulty - Snow Bunny (the original)

[ In Reply To ..]
The installation got stuck near the end of the installation, so I stopped it, rebooted, and then it finished without problem. After that, I went into the Help file to get the instructions for Excluding items, followed them as written, making sure to exclude the directories *AND* subdirectories of my program and Microsoft Office ... saved, rebooted, and worked with no problems this morning.

Wow. Mine froze up, had to reboot, and that time (sm) - Computer illiterate after all this time

[ In Reply To ..]
it froze up again, but they told me how to fix it. How on earth do you know to do all that in the Help file? I wouldn't have had any idea.

virus program for TT (iMEDX) - Carol

[ In Reply To ..]
I already have Norton antivirus and they say it is mandatory to download iMEDX antivirus. I cannot find documents about requirements for working for them. Really don't want to do it especially from all the emails about problems, etc. Any thoughts?

TT imedx - Antivirus

[ In Reply To ..]
I had trouble downloading it and following the instructions. I installed it and I cannot change the settings as to when it runs and it stops the programs from working until it stops. I don't like it. I have Symantec 360 on my personal computers and I don't experience problems such as this.

You have no control over the settings - Hating iMedX right now

[ In Reply To ..]

Since this is a remote version of the program, iMedX maintains all control on the timing of the scans, etc.  We have no way of changing those settings.  And tech support telling me I have to either leave my computer on all night long or get up an hour earlier so it can run the scan in the morning??  That's just b.s.  This is my computer - not iMedX's system.  

Like a couple of other posters here, I too already had my own paid virus program and still had several months left on my year's paid service, so I guess anyone else who had paid for their own virus program just loses that investment now. 

It's been a little over 6 months since the "merger."  IMedX needs to man up and call it what it is -- an overseas BUYOUT.  And now they are changing our payroll service AGAIN?  That's twice in less than 6 months.  Get ready people.  They aren't done effing with us yet.  I'm looking for another job... yesterday.

did you notice... - on any scans
[ In Reply To ..]
On their computer it scanned and gave me a list of quarantines and those items not deleted. Most of the non deleted were tracking logs. I am wondering if IMEDX is tracking what we are doing, etc? I am wondering if their antivirus has built in tracking. I don't use their computers for anything but work, so I am not doing anything wrong, but curious as to why these "logs" are not being deleted.
antivirus and working - see below
[ In Reply To ..]
It would have been nice to get that e-mail last week instead of fighting with the antivirus and trying to work. If they want to contribute to my electric bill and internet, then I will leave on my computers all night, till then they are shut down along with other items requiring electric when I am not using them.
virus program - TTmt
[ In Reply To ..]
I've never left my machine on overnight for a virus program. For this one, I start it 15 minutes before work & that's always been enough, since the day of download. I can do other things while it's running & it doesn't seem to slow anything down either. I have no idea if it's tracking anything. I've seen nothing to indicate that it's snooping on us, but it was something I was concerned about also. If I remember right, I think it will occasionally run a check on programming to make sure it has all its updates, but it doesn't seem set up to check on programs I have on this thing that are unrelated to work. I searched the internet for a few days before download to make sure what it was & it seems ok.
Imedx antivirus sucks - Helpusall
[ In Reply To ..]
New antivirus works like a virus. Since I have installed this crap, it has slowed everything and my mouse does not work properly. Also, scan ran yesterday indicating system had a virus and scan could not quarantine or delete--so now what? Sent multiple messages to IT since installing this junk--no response. Guess things take a while to get to India.

Not leaving this computer on all night because it costs too much to do so.

This is one sorry-AZZ company.

TT/IMEDX antivirus - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I had very little problem downloading program, but it took some time. TT support very good about doing exclusions in less than 5 minutes. I had exposure to this anti-virus before. It runs daily and weekly scans. The first scans are lengthy and they get shorter. Easy solution is to turn on computer 30 minutes for first daily and 1 hour prior to first weekly and then subsequently 15 minutes prior to daily and 30 minutes prior to weekly on the days you are working. If you have a day off and/or vacation and computer is not turned on, leave extra time on your first day back for all scans to run, weekly will go first, then daily (this is true for weekly normal check also...Daily will run after it). Also, VERY important to UNLOAD completely any other antivirus you may have running...This (SYmantec) will try to compete with it and makes downloading longer and other programs running will be really slow.

Hurray for you... - ...the exception to the rule.

[ In Reply To ..]

It's great that it downloaded and runs perfectly for you.  For the majority, however, this has been a complete bust.  I know of at least 10 MTs whose computers have crashed since downloading the program.  First, things start lagging and then locking up.  Then your mouse might quit working, or the keyboard, etc.  The final straw for me was that it not only allowed a virus onto my computer, but that virus shot through my modem/router and straight to my other computer in another room.  I uninstalled the POS after they verified I had it installed on my PC, then I reinstalled the program I had already paid for a year in advance.  Any virus program that locks up your PC and more importantly, allows a virus to get through... is not a virus program I want to protect the many, very expensive programs and hardware that I have on my personal PC.  

Furthermore, since it is MY computer, I am not legally obliged to use their virus program.  If they want to send out PCs to everyone, then they would have the right to demand I use their virus program, but my PC is used for multiple other things... my kids do their homework on here and I run a home video business on the side during summer little league season.  My video program alone cost me around $500, so there is no way I'm going to take the chance again of potentially losing something I've worked so hard to attain.    

iMedX can kiss my AZZZ - and I'll be sure to tell them that when I quit.  New job starts soon - and I can't wait to unload on anyone and everyone.  Don't give a crap if they don't read my exit email or that my email won't change anything... it will do me a world of good.  I have no plans to EVER use this company as a reference and no plans to EVER come back to work here.  Thanks for throwing us to the wolves, TTMS.  You suck.

Your post is a little suspicious... - You sound like an iMedX rep.

[ In Reply To ..]
Perhaps your fingers accidentally missed some key connecting words, but your post has a definite Indian-flavored broken English to it. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were Vijay or some other spy sent here to dispel the Symantec fiasco.

Similar Messages:

Virus Scanner Download
Jul 30, 2010

I'm definitely sure I have some bugs in my computer as manifested by my search results bringing me to repeated links other than what I clicked.  I was using Threatfire, but that didn't pick anything up.  I did Trendmicro Housecall and that picked stuff up and fixed them and everything seemed to be alright, but it comes back after reboot.  Does MQ have a virus scanner for free download and, if so, where can I get it?  Thanks! ...

Is There Any Software Program To Download To Improve Sound Quality/tone?
Jun 28, 2012

for Windows 7.  Thanks for your help.  ...

Webmedx Attempting To Stifle Communication?
May 02, 2011

Some employees received an email reminder that the employee handbook holds changes that everyone needs to look at regarding email and internet use. On reviewing the handbook, they've specifically mentioned social networking and MTStars. I see some of this as necessary for HIPAA caution, but the rest (such as specifically mentioning this site and others) as well as the timing indicate to me that this is more of an attempt to intimidate employees from communicating with each other. QA was ap ...

MQ Virus
Feb 03, 2010

Has anyone had to deal with tech for a computer virus?  My MQ computer (not this one) has a virus, it says a worm and also security 2010 virus.  I did not work today nor tomorrow, so I am not going to deal with it until it is my work day, not on my days off.  So the computer is shut off until then.  However, I was wondering how long does it take to fix?  I had a nasty virus about a year ago on my personal computer and had to have it completely erased and new windows load ...

Maybe Virus And Not 6.1?
Sep 10, 2010

Undoubtedly I have picked up a virus if nobody else is having this slowness and delay that I am having.  Sometimes will just stop while I am still typing and then will catch up.  It takes longer to upload and download a report.  No flaming please.  I have typed for a hundred years, and this is not right.  It just happened when I upgraded the 6.1.  If everyone was having this trouble, I think we would all be screaming.  Will try running virus scan this ...

EEEK A VIRUS!!!!
Nov 01, 2009

I have been infected!! Well, my MQ computer anyway.  This has never happened before. I have never had a virus even on my personal computer.  What do I do?  I emailed support because it is a Sunday and every time in the past on Sundays I get a rude tech so I didnt call.  It is also my day off so I just shut my computer off and I guess if they don't call me tomorrow then I will call them.  Beware... it is called personal gaurd 2009.  I don't know how I got i ...

Eeek Its Me Again, The One With The Virus
Nov 04, 2009

Thanks for all the suggestions below!  Support had called me on Monday and I spent 4 hours on the phone with them trying to get the virus off.  They couldn't do it and escaladed the ticket.  That person was suppose to call me yesterday and didn't.  Then they didn't call me today and I called support back and they told me it was out of their hands!  So I missed yesterday and today from work which normally wouldnt be so bad, but there are only 4 paychecks ti ...

Anti-virus
Jan 07, 2010

Does anybody know where on MQ Central we can get the Kaspersky anti-virus download?  McAfee was messing up, so I downloaded the Kaspersky last week.  However, I can't get it to work and now I can't find the software download/instructions anywhere.  I'm thinking they deleted it from the site. ...

Virus Scans
Sep 14, 2010

I think this is where I am to post this.  I have Norton 360 installed on my computer.  Every night, it just starts running a scan, usually when I am working :-(.  This really, really slows my computer down.  Is there anything I can about this?  I have it set for "manual scans."  I didn't think it would just run on its own if I had it set to manual.  I then run a scan every night after I get down working.  It is very aggravating.  Any help or advi ...

Virus Question
Jun 14, 2011

Does anyone seem to know where I keep getting this virus from, Exploit:Win32/Pdfjsc.CR.  My system cleans this out every day and it is driving me nuts.  Thank you! ...

Norfolk Virus
Mar 01, 2011

Is there such a thing as Norfolk virus?  I was not able to find that, but did find Norwalk or Norovirus.  Dictator is clearly not saying either of these and it sounds more like Norfolk virus.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Is The CareerStep Medical Coding Program A Good Program?
Nov 22, 2010

TIA ...

Virus - Fraud Ware
Jan 30, 2010

For the second time, some scumbag has put one of those unsolicited scans on my computer which subsequently gives me an infected file message and at that point I cannot use my computer.  I read on this board, I believe, some instructions on how to remove a virus - does anyone know anything about that?  My tech fixed it and now the very next day, same thing happened. ...

Crap! I Received A Virus.
Jun 01, 2010

So, I am working on MQ computer and wanted to ask a question on MTstars and before you know it, a virus started downloading.  I freaked out and tried to stop the virus from scanning.  I got out of MTstars and tried to get out of report I was on and nothing, my computer froze.  I turned off computer and waited for 10 minutes, got back on and I cannot get into DocQscribe or Schedulesource because a warning window pops up stating I have a virus.  I cannot even get into Schedule ...

Capitalization Of Virus Types
May 03, 2011

ECHO virus Type 9 and Coxsackie Group A, Type 9 can produce meningitis and petechiae. Should the words "type" and "group" be capitalized? ...

Express Scribe Virus
Oct 21, 2014

The clinic I work at has Express scribe on one computer. It seems that computer has been attacked with a virus. They think it is the express scribe system. Have you had any problems with this in the last day or so? ...

West Nile Virus Treatment? (sm)
Feb 16, 2011

The patient is in a s/l *total shell* with a headrest secondary to West Nile virus, some neuromotor dysfunction, but no acute changes. This is mentioned in the HEENT exam on a discharge, not the reason the pt was admitted so have nothing else to go by and no other notes mention anything. He is just mumbling his way through this whole thing (new PA) and I cannot quite get what he is meaning, the "t" sound and "shell" are the only clear sounding parts, and googling with West Nile virus and h ...

Anyone Else Get A Virus Warning When Signing Into Teamwork
Aug 28, 2012

I got two Trojan Horse warnings when I signed in..the virus was blocked and it let me sign in...Anyone else?  very weird ...

Beware Email Virus Scam
Mar 28, 2013

I'm sure most of you are savvy enough to watch out for email scams. I only mention this because I actually am expecting a package and this one looks legit enough. It appears to be from FedEx. Says the courier could not deliver your package, print this receipt and follow directions.  ...

My McAfee Virus Scan Subscription Runs Out
Dec 03, 2009

at the end of December.  I know it is not the best scanner.  Need opinions on what else is out that that is good.  I have heard bad things about Nortoon's.  McAfee and Norton's are really the only 2 that are advertised that you hear about.  Any opinions, suggestions, experiences???   TIA. ...

Cheap (preferably Free) Virus Protection
Apr 22, 2013

For my personal computer, don't do MT on it.  Do buy Norton for the one I work on.  Any suggestions? ...

BOS 2 Download
Sep 04, 2010

can anyone here share with me how to download the BOS 2 onto my desktop.  My puter crashed some time ago and I am trying to add sites and programs as I remember what was on the other puter.  Thanks. ...

Can We Still Download DQS 6.1?
Jul 18, 2012

Have been using a MQ computer and not yet transitioned to DQS7. Just got a "new" XP system (built by a friend) and would ilke to test out using it for MQ as it is supposed to be faster than my ancient MQ system. I need to know how to download it.  If we can.  It was all ready on the MQ machine. anybody, thanks ...

Download ISP At Least 2 Mbp Now?
Sep 25, 2013

Found out the hard way just this week that download speed is now 2 mbp or greater, with fluency shutting down on uploads.  When did this happen?  I was treated as if it is my ISP that is below-par on speed, but had upped to a 1.5 mbp plan just for "Q" a year ago.  Did my ISP just stop working well with Fluency, or did the "Q" once again cause issues without allowing its employees who are home-based to plan for them.  Now my production is zilch for the week of the ISP learning ...

BOOKS TO DOWNLOAD
Mar 19, 2010

Does anyone know where I can download reference books to buy?  I would like to skip the wait for books and just download reference materials/resources.  Any ideas?  Looking for drug reference books, etc. ...

Chartnet Download
May 12, 2012

Just wondering if anyone has ever had problems with Chartnet, every time I try to log in it gives me an error message stating error loading voice client class not registered. Thanks for any help. ...

Help -- How Do I Download DQS7?
Jun 27, 2012

Hi -   Hard to teach me new tricks.  Where do I d/l DOQ7?  Thanks. ...

DQS 7.1 Download Link
Sep 22, 2012

Anyone have the link to download DQS 7.1? I had to get it from support the first time but didn't write it down and want to put it on my personal laptop for mobility. Thanks in advance. ...

DQS Frozen - Cant Download Anything Nm
Oct 26, 2012

nm ...

Where Can I Download A Copy Of TSG?
Jul 24, 2014

Does anyone know where on the intranet I can download a copy of the TSG? I keep looking everywhere but I can't find it. ...