A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MQ virus - eb

Posted: Feb 03, 2010

Has anyone had to deal with tech for a computer virus?  My MQ computer (not this one) has a virus, it says a worm and also security 2010 virus.  I did not work today nor tomorrow, so I am not going to deal with it until it is my work day, not on my days off.  So the computer is shut off until then.  However, I was wondering how long does it take to fix?  I had a nasty virus about a year ago on my personal computer and had to have it completely erased and new windows loaded as Symantec could not get rid of the virus.  Im hoping I wont have to go through something like that again.

I got one - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
luckily got a great tech on the phone who helped me fix it within 45 minutes. It was really bad...the whole screen was black, and we had to go into DOS. Remember that?

We used www.download.com and clicked on malwarebytes and ran that program which is great by the way. We also ran the free version of superantispyware.com No problems since. Good luck.

virus - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a virus and MQ tec fixed it within the hour--very courteous person. MQ tec support really is the best.

I got one too - Vikefan

[ In Reply To ..]
The one I got really affected DQM. When I'd pull it up, the menu options on the left like statistics, etc. just flashed nonstop. I called the first tech who was very nice and helpful. It happened later in the day and I called again. They hadn't heard about this yet. They went into my Internet options, deleted all the cookies and files (including offline files). It has happened once or twice since and I just fix it now on my own (I learned that trick from when I did billing in CT and had to call support and was put on hold for 45 min - I documented the problem *and* the solution so when it came up again, I knew what to do without wasting 45 min. of my time). The second tech guy, also very very nice, told me there's something wrong with my Internet Explorer so I'll have my computer genius hubby (this is my computer) work on it on his next day off. All I care is that I can function, typing reports and seeing my stats. They also downloaded that new anti-virus program.

MQ support - Vikingfan

[ In Reply To ..]
I am also impressed with our support. They are truly top notch and not once has any of them failed to figure out the problem. They've all been very nice and helpful and I don't think I've ever waited for more than 90 seconds for someone to pick up.

Bravo to MQ's tech support!

2nd virus from MQ - Vikefan

[ In Reply To ..]
I am infuriated. I wonder how their clients would feel if they knew MQ's system has been hacked and/or infected with a virus that some of us are now getting (no, I'm not a narc). This is MY computer and I resent getting all this crap.

I told you guys about the first one.

I just got the BSOD (blue screen of death) one. I went to lunch, clocked in, logged into DQS and went to fridge to get a drink, came back and saw the blue screen with typing. I yanked the plug to my computer without reading it because it stated it was shutting down my hard disk or something like that. I'm back up but this is ridiculous.

Now, I'm having to run the Malwarebytes again which is slowing everything down. I swear, they do these things on purpose. Like every time you get really comfortable with your accounts, your line count goes way up and the next thing you know, you're on new accounts.

I'd open my window and just start screaming but we have 2 new neighbors close by and what would they think? Oooooohhhhhhhh. One more virus problem and I'll be chewing out someone (nobody in support - it's not their fault).

Similar Messages:

Maybe Virus And Not 6.1?
Sep 10, 2010

Undoubtedly I have picked up a virus if nobody else is having this slowness and delay that I am having.  Sometimes will just stop while I am still typing and then will catch up.  It takes longer to upload and download a report.  No flaming please.  I have typed for a hundred years, and this is not right.  It just happened when I upgraded the 6.1.  If everyone was having this trouble, I think we would all be screaming.  Will try running virus scan this ...

EEEK A VIRUS!!!!
Nov 01, 2009

I have been infected!! Well, my MQ computer anyway.  This has never happened before. I have never had a virus even on my personal computer.  What do I do?  I emailed support because it is a Sunday and every time in the past on Sundays I get a rude tech so I didnt call.  It is also my day off so I just shut my computer off and I guess if they don't call me tomorrow then I will call them.  Beware... it is called personal gaurd 2009.  I don't know how I got i ...

Eeek Its Me Again, The One With The Virus
Nov 04, 2009

Thanks for all the suggestions below!  Support had called me on Monday and I spent 4 hours on the phone with them trying to get the virus off.  They couldn't do it and escaladed the ticket.  That person was suppose to call me yesterday and didn't.  Then they didn't call me today and I called support back and they told me it was out of their hands!  So I missed yesterday and today from work which normally wouldnt be so bad, but there are only 4 paychecks ti ...

Anti-virus
Jan 07, 2010

Does anybody know where on MQ Central we can get the Kaspersky anti-virus download?  McAfee was messing up, so I downloaded the Kaspersky last week.  However, I can't get it to work and now I can't find the software download/instructions anywhere.  I'm thinking they deleted it from the site. ...

Virus Scans
Sep 14, 2010

I think this is where I am to post this.  I have Norton 360 installed on my computer.  Every night, it just starts running a scan, usually when I am working :-(.  This really, really slows my computer down.  Is there anything I can about this?  I have it set for "manual scans."  I didn't think it would just run on its own if I had it set to manual.  I then run a scan every night after I get down working.  It is very aggravating.  Any help or advi ...

Virus Question
Jun 14, 2011

Does anyone seem to know where I keep getting this virus from, Exploit:Win32/Pdfjsc.CR.  My system cleans this out every day and it is driving me nuts.  Thank you! ...

Norfolk Virus
Mar 01, 2011

Is there such a thing as Norfolk virus?  I was not able to find that, but did find Norwalk or Norovirus.  Dictator is clearly not saying either of these and it sounds more like Norfolk virus.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Virus - Fraud Ware
Jan 30, 2010

For the second time, some scumbag has put one of those unsolicited scans on my computer which subsequently gives me an infected file message and at that point I cannot use my computer.  I read on this board, I believe, some instructions on how to remove a virus - does anyone know anything about that?  My tech fixed it and now the very next day, same thing happened. ...

Crap! I Received A Virus.
Jun 01, 2010

So, I am working on MQ computer and wanted to ask a question on MTstars and before you know it, a virus started downloading.  I freaked out and tried to stop the virus from scanning.  I got out of MTstars and tried to get out of report I was on and nothing, my computer froze.  I turned off computer and waited for 10 minutes, got back on and I cannot get into DocQscribe or Schedulesource because a warning window pops up stating I have a virus.  I cannot even get into Schedule ...

Virus Scanner Download
Jul 30, 2010

I'm definitely sure I have some bugs in my computer as manifested by my search results bringing me to repeated links other than what I clicked.  I was using Threatfire, but that didn't pick anything up.  I did Trendmicro Housecall and that picked stuff up and fixed them and everything seemed to be alright, but it comes back after reboot.  Does MQ have a virus scanner for free download and, if so, where can I get it?  Thanks! ...

Capitalization Of Virus Types
May 03, 2011

ECHO virus Type 9 and Coxsackie Group A, Type 9 can produce meningitis and petechiae. Should the words "type" and "group" be capitalized? ...

Express Scribe Virus
Oct 21, 2014

The clinic I work at has Express scribe on one computer. It seems that computer has been attacked with a virus. They think it is the express scribe system. Have you had any problems with this in the last day or so? ...

West Nile Virus Treatment? (sm)
Feb 16, 2011

The patient is in a s/l *total shell* with a headrest secondary to West Nile virus, some neuromotor dysfunction, but no acute changes. This is mentioned in the HEENT exam on a discharge, not the reason the pt was admitted so have nothing else to go by and no other notes mention anything. He is just mumbling his way through this whole thing (new PA) and I cannot quite get what he is meaning, the "t" sound and "shell" are the only clear sounding parts, and googling with West Nile virus and h ...

Anyone Else Get A Virus Warning When Signing Into Teamwork
Aug 28, 2012

I got two Trojan Horse warnings when I signed in..the virus was blocked and it let me sign in...Anyone else?  very weird ...

Beware Email Virus Scam
Mar 28, 2013

I'm sure most of you are savvy enough to watch out for email scams. I only mention this because I actually am expecting a package and this one looks legit enough. It appears to be from FedEx. Says the courier could not deliver your package, print this receipt and follow directions.  ...

Anyone Attempting To Download New Virus Program For TT?
Oct 20, 2014

Not for me. ...

My McAfee Virus Scan Subscription Runs Out
Dec 03, 2009

at the end of December.  I know it is not the best scanner.  Need opinions on what else is out that that is good.  I have heard bad things about Nortoon's.  McAfee and Norton's are really the only 2 that are advertised that you hear about.  Any opinions, suggestions, experiences???   TIA. ...

Cheap (preferably Free) Virus Protection
Apr 22, 2013

For my personal computer, don't do MT on it.  Do buy Norton for the one I work on.  Any suggestions? ...

MS Patient With Virus, Receiving Famvir, Has Multiple S/l "new Pocks" In The Brain On MRI.
Jan 07, 2010

:) ...