A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Crap! I received a virus. - I was working and. . .

Posted: Jun 01, 2010

So, I am working on MQ computer and wanted to ask a question on MTstars and before you know it, a virus started downloading.  I freaked out and tried to stop the virus from scanning.  I got out of MTstars and tried to get out of report I was on and nothing, my computer froze.  I turned off computer and waited for 10 minutes, got back on and I cannot get into DocQscribe or Schedulesource because a warning window pops up stating I have a virus.  I cannot even get into Schedulesource to punch myself out. 

This happened Saturday afternoon.  I called right away and company is sending me a new computer, but I do not get a new one until Wednesday, Thursday or Friday due to the holiday and weekend. What is really funny, I get the feeling it was deliberate by MQ somehow, especially since I was in MTstars. 

I cannot go a week without pay.  I am tempted to use my laptop. 

QUESTION:  Should I use my laptop to have them download their stuff?  I was even told by MQ on the phone that they had a problem with that "K" (Kasperski, Kerpatsi, whatever you call it) antivirus which ended up causing viruses on their own systems.  Do I seriously want that on my laptop and have the same crap happen on my laptop versus waiting for work computer.

Any suggetions would be great! 

I've heard bad things about Kaperski - sm - Confuzzeled

[ In Reply To ..]
Or however you spell it. The company that my daughter works for uses it and ended up with a system-wide virus. A friend on the east coast who works on computers is constantly getting SOS' from companies using it.

If that's what you have on your laptop I'd change. I use Norton and it's never failed me yet - but I don't use a MQ computer either.

It's best to be safe, and there has been little to no work, at least in my BOB - I got in 4 hours this entire week.

Good luck!

Dealt with that Crapola since Thursday - CyberlandMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Being in MT Stars had nothing to do with it! There was a problem with Kaspersky updating correctly (on their end) and it opened the window for backdoor hijackers. I had been getting strange messages (popups) earlier in the week, even when in DQS working...so. Just saying! I've been wondering why no one else had mentioned this problem, wondering if it was just me. Fortunately, I got a good tech person at the Q (you know who you are). Once again, the virus protection program bit the dust. And there are some mean people in this world! McAfee couldn't make the grade and now the big K may not be all that. Norton doesn't seem to have this problem...YET...but maybe they aren't as cheap, and you know that's what the Q thrives on. Like anything else, you get what you pay for.

Weird, lost my computer too - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Worked all day Friday just fine. Tried to sign on late Saturday to make up 1 1/2 hours, and I have lost sound on my computer. Tech couldn't repair remotely. They are overnighting me a new one, which shocked me severely. I have had this one for 6 years, and I thought they might say "we don't do that anymore; you have to provide your own now!" Just kind of weird. Anybody else's computer bite the dust lately?

I got a virus after being on MTstars too last week - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
We had Norton, and it totally crashed my entire computer, had to do a complete system restore. Thankfully my husband had restore disks for it. It was my personal laptop too.

Good luck. I'd let them put their stuff on your computer, better than not working for a week.

I've always used my own laptop...you can download DQS yourself - ***

[ In Reply To ..]
You really don't need them to do anything.

I HAVE NOT and WILL NEVER download that stupid Kapersky on my personal machine.

Same here. - Tired

[ In Reply To ..]
I use my own laptop. Downloaded DQS myself. Never used tech support for anything.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR POSTING! - I go through MQCentral for downloading, right?

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for telling me about hardly any jobs over the weekend. Thanks for telling me about Norton and what happened and Kasperski. Thanks for downloading on your own without tech help. Thanks for letting me know it was not being in MTstars and so much more info.

I APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH!

system restore?? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Have you tried doing a system restore back to a date prior to the day you got the virus. I have done this several times and it has worked every time (knock on wood).

Similar Messages:

MQ Virus
Feb 03, 2010

Has anyone had to deal with tech for a computer virus?  My MQ computer (not this one) has a virus, it says a worm and also security 2010 virus.  I did not work today nor tomorrow, so I am not going to deal with it until it is my work day, not on my days off.  So the computer is shut off until then.  However, I was wondering how long does it take to fix?  I had a nasty virus about a year ago on my personal computer and had to have it completely erased and new windows load ...

Maybe Virus And Not 6.1?
Sep 10, 2010

Undoubtedly I have picked up a virus if nobody else is having this slowness and delay that I am having.  Sometimes will just stop while I am still typing and then will catch up.  It takes longer to upload and download a report.  No flaming please.  I have typed for a hundred years, and this is not right.  It just happened when I upgraded the 6.1.  If everyone was having this trouble, I think we would all be screaming.  Will try running virus scan this ...

I Cannot Believe This Crap, It's Like They Had Not One MT
Oct 03, 2012

before they sprang it on us..and why?? It's not a program for MTs..it's a database and billing program.THAT is the primary reason for this.  So far I have not utilized the quick report look up ONE time..and as for google..I already had my google browser opened at the ready.  I cannot capitalize first words in new sentence  in paragraph.  and yet my toggle is on.  but at the start of a new paragraph your space bar does not work.  I cannot easily look up r ...

EEEK A VIRUS!!!!
Nov 01, 2009

I have been infected!! Well, my MQ computer anyway.  This has never happened before. I have never had a virus even on my personal computer.  What do I do?  I emailed support because it is a Sunday and every time in the past on Sundays I get a rude tech so I didnt call.  It is also my day off so I just shut my computer off and I guess if they don't call me tomorrow then I will call them.  Beware... it is called personal gaurd 2009.  I don't know how I got i ...

Eeek Its Me Again, The One With The Virus
Nov 04, 2009

Thanks for all the suggestions below!  Support had called me on Monday and I spent 4 hours on the phone with them trying to get the virus off.  They couldn't do it and escaladed the ticket.  That person was suppose to call me yesterday and didn't.  Then they didn't call me today and I called support back and they told me it was out of their hands!  So I missed yesterday and today from work which normally wouldnt be so bad, but there are only 4 paychecks ti ...

Anti-virus
Jan 07, 2010

Does anybody know where on MQ Central we can get the Kaspersky anti-virus download?  McAfee was messing up, so I downloaded the Kaspersky last week.  However, I can't get it to work and now I can't find the software download/instructions anywhere.  I'm thinking they deleted it from the site. ...

Virus Scans
Sep 14, 2010

I think this is where I am to post this.  I have Norton 360 installed on my computer.  Every night, it just starts running a scan, usually when I am working :-(.  This really, really slows my computer down.  Is there anything I can about this?  I have it set for "manual scans."  I didn't think it would just run on its own if I had it set to manual.  I then run a scan every night after I get down working.  It is very aggravating.  Any help or advi ...

Virus Question
Jun 14, 2011

Does anyone seem to know where I keep getting this virus from, Exploit:Win32/Pdfjsc.CR.  My system cleans this out every day and it is driving me nuts.  Thank you! ...

Norfolk Virus
Mar 01, 2011

Is there such a thing as Norfolk virus?  I was not able to find that, but did find Norwalk or Norovirus.  Dictator is clearly not saying either of these and it sounds more like Norfolk virus.  Thanks for any help.  ...

I Don't Know How Old This Is But Holy Crap!
Apr 16, 2012

The US Department of Justice has confirmed that it is conducting an antitrust investigation of Nuance Communications. The investigation is looking at Nuance's acquisition of Philips Speech Recognition Systems from Royal Philips Electronics for $96.1 million in October 2008. There has been concern since the purchase that Nuance has essentially taken control of the world's medical transcription market. Nuance's acquisitions, which have sometimes been preceded by submitting target co ...

I Can Barely Sit Here And Do This VR Crap.
Jun 26, 2012

I have been at this for nearly 3 hours now.  I am so close to just walking.  I have never hated a job as much as I hate this one.  Last pay period, 80 hours, I made $8.51/hour.  Unfricken believable.  After 20 years of making twice that.  Time for another Xanax, seriously. ...

ABOUT THIS MONITORING CRAP
Jun 30, 2012

About this monitoring crap.  Why aren't the docs monitored?  Why do we have to change our ways and they don't have to.  On ASR there are a couple of docs who dictate in the "wrong order" and I have to move everything around, cut and paste, do the caps thing, etc.  Almost all of them dictate in the order of the standard headers.  Some of these dictators change their mind 2-3 times in the same sentence not to mention they change their mind and you do not kno ...

Holy Crap, I Can't Believe What I Just Did....
Jul 05, 2013

I quit!! Nicely, but said today was my last and I was moving on with my career choices.  bah!!!  Just waiting for my first day at Amphion. ...

Fiesa CRAP
Nov 19, 2013

I just love all these minor errors of missing an - "of" or "a" at 0.25.  This does not change the meaning of the sentence, and I bet if you put them in when they are NOT there, you would get marked off for that too.  This is crap, especially if you have a small report and it all adds up, knocking your score down.  I have been doing this for 25 years and have never seen anything so petty.  Especially now with Voice Rec, how would they like it if we weren't here and they w ...

Virus - Fraud Ware
Jan 30, 2010

For the second time, some scumbag has put one of those unsolicited scans on my computer which subsequently gives me an infected file message and at that point I cannot use my computer.  I read on this board, I believe, some instructions on how to remove a virus - does anyone know anything about that?  My tech fixed it and now the very next day, same thing happened. ...

Virus Scanner Download
Jul 30, 2010

I'm definitely sure I have some bugs in my computer as manifested by my search results bringing me to repeated links other than what I clicked.  I was using Threatfire, but that didn't pick anything up.  I did Trendmicro Housecall and that picked stuff up and fixed them and everything seemed to be alright, but it comes back after reboot.  Does MQ have a virus scanner for free download and, if so, where can I get it?  Thanks! ...

Capitalization Of Virus Types
May 03, 2011

ECHO virus Type 9 and Coxsackie Group A, Type 9 can produce meningitis and petechiae. Should the words "type" and "group" be capitalized? ...

Express Scribe Virus
Oct 21, 2014

The clinic I work at has Express scribe on one computer. It seems that computer has been attacked with a virus. They think it is the express scribe system. Have you had any problems with this in the last day or so? ...

Oh Crap, Group Transcription, Now What?
May 05, 2011

My company just told me they were trying to bring on some projects where there would be multiple people speaking, like in a conference/meeting, about healthcare. They said they wanted me to transcribe it and to include time stamps every 5 minutes. How do you keep track of who is speaking? Sometimes trying to keep up with 1 mubbling doctor is hard enough, but now 5+ people? Is there some program or something I can get that will automatically put in timestamps, or am I going to have to keep lookin ...

Gee....glad Someone Likes This VR Crap.
Jun 29, 2012

"Richard Gwinn, MD, director of urgent care at Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group in San Diego sings voice recognition's praises: "It took me less than one-half hour from the time I first opened Dragon Medical to the time I was using it. It’s been a life changing application. I go home earlier. I don’t have stacks of charts on my desk and the swelling has gone down in my fingers (from typing).” This was taken off Nuance's FB page. ...

Venting On Crap Dictators
Jul 12, 2014

I am so sick of logging on in the morning and getting the same crap dictator day after day after day.  With his mmmmmmmmmmmmah before every other word (like he's trying to think of what to say), saying "next paragraph, next paragraph, next paragraph" and he has no idea whatsoever of where a new paragraph should start, and saying "period, period, period" like I don't know where a period should go, is it any wonder I'm going nuts in this job?  I won't even mentio ...

HEENT/HENT Crap
Jan 08, 2015

When I requested reversal over getting gigged on this I spelled my thoughts out pretty thoroughly but don't know how far up the chain of holiness that goes.  Has anyone else shot off their opinions on this?  Hoping if we get enough of us to make an issue they might reverse this idiotic ruling.   ...

West Nile Virus Treatment? (sm)
Feb 16, 2011

The patient is in a s/l *total shell* with a headrest secondary to West Nile virus, some neuromotor dysfunction, but no acute changes. This is mentioned in the HEENT exam on a discharge, not the reason the pt was admitted so have nothing else to go by and no other notes mention anything. He is just mumbling his way through this whole thing (new PA) and I cannot quite get what he is meaning, the "t" sound and "shell" are the only clear sounding parts, and googling with West Nile virus and h ...

Anyone Else Get A Virus Warning When Signing Into Teamwork
Aug 28, 2012

I got two Trojan Horse warnings when I signed in..the virus was blocked and it let me sign in...Anyone else?  very weird ...

Beware Email Virus Scam
Mar 28, 2013

I'm sure most of you are savvy enough to watch out for email scams. I only mention this because I actually am expecting a package and this one looks legit enough. It appears to be from FedEx. Says the courier could not deliver your package, print this receipt and follow directions.  ...

Anyone Attempting To Download New Virus Program For TT?
Oct 20, 2014

Not for me. ...

FedEx In Hot Water Because Of IC Status Crap!
Oct 21, 2009

I was laughing my butt off reading the news this morning because FedEx is in exactly the same kind of trouble that a lot of these MT companies should be in.  They have been classifying their drivers as IC status to "save money."   Sound like a familiar tactic?  Here's the article I cut and pasted: Tuesday, Oct 20, 2009 @04:01pm CDT   (New York, NY) -- Attorneys general from three states will file suit against FedEx for alleged labor laws violations. Officials fr ...

You Guys Need To Cut The Crap. If There Is No Work Consistently
Nov 17, 2009

I've been in this business 30 plus years.  When my company dries up for whatever reason, or if I find myself unproductive.  I pack my grip and move on. Stop complaining if you're planning on staying there.  Get up off your behinds and search, research, put out applications, take the tests that are required.  Do I like going to the MTTEST site for every other company?  No, but I do it if that is the requirement.  Go ahead and flame on. ...

OrgPublisher?? We Dont Want This Crap. We Want Higher
Aug 27, 2012

grrrrr ...

All Talk About Lawsuits Cause Of VR Crap In Jobs. But Does Anyone
Sep 01, 2012

I havent seen any real evidence of a lawsuit brought on by bad VR (is there any other kind?)  I dont think anyone even cares enough to bring a lawsuit. ...