A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I'm a current MM MT and would like to become MME. - sm

Posted: Jan 10, 2015

I can't find any info anymore. Are there still MMEs and are they still testing for this position? Thanks!

I know a while back they put a freeze on promoting to MME anymore. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
You could contact Human Resources and probably get info about where it stands currently. FYI, though, I personally make considerably more on ASR than QA at this point. Very few reports really get routed to QA anymore, but the ones that do are in horrible shape and very time-consuming for only 3 cpl. As much as I've always love QA, I dread it here because it cuts into my already low pay so much. Just my experience...

Thanks for the information. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

MME - shelsmom

[ In Reply To ..]
It's not worth it, I speak from experience, not for 3 cents a line and horrible reports, not to mention those from our "global partners."
Agree, probably will make less - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Unless you enjoy the challenge of filling in blanks, it isn't really worth it. Like other MMEs, my pay also dropped. You will also have to put up with a lot of hate from coworkers as nobody likes to have their work corrected.
MME - unsatisfied
[ In Reply To ..]
Totally agree... with only 3 cents per line, and especially when you get 100% QA, only get 4 cents per line, but they want you to do it as thoroughly as SR reports...which you get more on. Also, on audits, you really take the brunt of the blame for errors! Not worth it..just moved back to MT.
I dont even want to go to a level 3 from level 2 - much less MME
[ In Reply To ..]
why put that extra work on yourself when you don't have to?
I wish I understood the levels when I applied - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I would have tested out as a 1 or 2, I could type ER reports all day every day and make twice the money as op reports, I HATE them. Wish they would actually ask people what they like to type, then, they would get a better quality, and higher production rates.
I could type ER reports all day and make half - the money I make on OP.
[ In Reply To ..]
For me OP reports are the money maker. I can do those at 500+ lines per hour. One long report is way more efficient then a bunch of small reports, whether they are ER or otherwise. I would be happy doing OP all day every day.
The beauty of ERs is the repetitive PE. Quick easy lines! - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Either those go to all the newbies or overseas though because I can't tell you how long it's been since I've seen one!

MME does not get paid for additions she makes to a report. You get paid for the - job as it comes to you, with all the blanks SM

[ In Reply To ..]
If you get report with 20 blanks and you fill them all, of if report has missing dictation that you insert, you get paid for NONE of that. You get paid based on the report that comes to you originally.

Yep, almost like working for free sometimes - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The other day I got a report where all but five lines were blanked. It was by another MME no less. It took me about 15 minutes to fill in everything but a couple spots. It really wasn't that bad because most of the report was reiterated from a previous job by the dictator on the same patient found in the job search. I would say it ended up to be around 50 lines or so once I was done. Looking at the job in my stats, it still only counted as 5 lines. Essentially, I made 60 cents per hour during that 15 minutes because another MME was too lazy to push CTRL - O to look at old reports.

Similar Messages:

Current TTD MTs
Oct 21, 2011

Would like to hear from current MTs their opinion and any info you would care to share about TTD.   Thanks. ...

Current Cpl
Apr 15, 2013

What is the current cpl rate that companies should be paying?  ...

Any Current Information On TTS
Jan 17, 2010

Would appreciate any current information on TTS, particular related to IC status.  Thanks much. ...

Current Information On TTS
Feb 01, 2010

Thinking of applying and just wondering about pay, platform, accounts etc. Any information would be good. I just want to make sure it is a good place to work.  From the archives, it looks like it is pretty mixed.  People either love it or hated it due to the strict scheduling.  Is the schedule still strict for ICs? Thanks in advance for your information. ...

What Is The Current MQ Atmosphere Like?
Feb 14, 2010

I keep getting recruitment emails, but I am leary from all the bad press I have seen in the past.  I really need a job and wonder if I should reconsider.  Any thoughts?  How is the pay? Do they hire PT?  Need the scoop. ...

Current Information On MD-IT?
Mar 07, 2010

Does anyone have any current information on MD-IT?   I searched the boards and the archives and found nothing.  If anyone could share any information at all, I would appreciate it, thanks. ...

Looking For Current Information On TTS Please (sm)
Jan 05, 2011

Have read the archives but most of it is from 2009 and older, a few posts in 2010 but really hoping to find out more current information.  They are offering IC status but then list the shifts that they expect you to work???  How is the pay, platform, volume of work, managers, communication, you name it, I would like to know it.  :)   TIA ...

Current CMT's - Is It Worth It?
Jan 08, 2011

If I take the CMT test the goal is to increase my income from my current earnings as a full time MT/ME.  But is it worth the $$ and time required to prepare for and take the CMT test?  I am confident that I would have no problem passing the test after adequate review, etc. So is it worth the effort?  Bottom line -- it will cost money to take the exam and it will cost money to either enroll in a review course or buy review materials to prepare for the exam. And the CMT credential ...

Any Current Information About TTS? 
Apr 11, 2011

Does anyone have any current information about TTS?  Could someone who works there now please let me know how things are going with this company?  ...

JLG Current Employees
Apr 28, 2011

I have recently been offered a position with JLG.  I have checked the archives for info on this company, however, most of them are from 1-2 years ago.  I am interested in any info a current employee of JLG can offer to me regarding this company - good or bad.  ...

Anyone With Current Information On E-MTS?
May 05, 2011

I've done the search and don't find anything current. I would like to have any details you might such as cpl, hours, flexing, amount of work, etcetera. Please post or e-mail. ...

Does Anyone Have CURRENT Information On JLG? Nm
May 30, 2011

/ ...

DTI - Any Current Info
Aug 27, 2011

Any current info on this company please? ...

JLG --- Current Job Openings
Aug 27, 2011

Would current new hires at JLG for the new verbatim account please answer these questions:  1.  What is their cpl rate? 2.  How difficult are the dictators? 3.  Is there enough work? 4.  Platform being used, is it good to work on. I have read the negative posts here about JLG but I am really in need of a job at this point.  I haven't worked for almost three months and I figure at least a verbatim account shouldn't be that hard to get right.  Plea ...

EMTS - Anything Current About Them - Sm
Oct 26, 2011

Employee/IC?  Pay scale?  VR/straight?  Nice people?  Strict hours? ...

Any Current ProTypers Here?
Feb 10, 2012

Any current ProType employees here?  I've received a couple of calls from them but was hoping I could find out the current state of the accounts, workload, etc., from MTs currently working there. Thanks much for any info! ...

Anyone With Current Info On K&R? S/m
Jul 21, 2012

See they are hiring but would appreciate any info first.  I've already jumped too quick into a company that sucks.  Thanks ! ...

Current Info On DTS-OK Please.
Aug 30, 2012

Before applying would appreciate info, the good, the bad and the ugly.  Thank you! ...

End Of Current Quarter?
Sep 13, 2012

Does anyone know when the current quarter ends? ...

Patient First - Current MT
Apr 20, 2013

Regarding the posts below, thought I would expound.  I have been there a few years and it is the best MT job I have had in a very long career. The process for hiring is a bit complex but it is worth it.  Don't bother unless you are really experienced. Basics:  -1400 lines per day minimum - 50-character line with spaces - 7 cpl.  Do the math - it is comparable to 10 cpl for a 65-character line. Dictaphone account (provided), typed in MS Word (one long file). You provide ...

Any Current Info On TTS
Apr 23, 2013

Any current info on TTS such as line rate, flexibility, plenty of work, platform and what the accounts are like? Easy to make lines? Also wondering if they offer shift differential for 2nd shift.  Thanks in advance. ...

Is There Anyone With Any Current Info On TTS. Nm
Nov 17, 2013

nm ...

Keep My Current Position, Or Look For A New One?
Mar 05, 2014

Sorry if this belongs on one of the subforums.(New MTs, maybe? I only have 2 years' experience as of this January...) Anyway, here's my deal: right now I'm an independent contractor with Accu-Script, and as of late I've been seriously considering looking elsewhere for a position as a regular employee(assuming Accu-Script themselves have none). I have no problems with the company or the money I'm making now, and I know that could too easily change if I try to change ...

Current PF Employees
Jun 28, 2014

To those of you who work for PF, is the second test after the phone interview difficult? I thought the first test was challenging, but not that bad.  If you pass do you get hired? ...

Current New-hire TTS MTs?
Jul 04, 2014

TTS keeps running ads but people say they do not follow up on interviews after going through the testing.  Has anyone actually answered the ad, been interviewed and hired within past 6 months?  I am relatively new here and just wondered about why some smaller companies are always looking for help but when I research the company here there are nothing but complaints.   ...

Current Info On ZNF
Dec 10, 2014

wondering if anybody currently transcribes radiology for ZNF and how it is going.  How do they pay by report or line and is it decent?  thanks in advance.  ...

Looking For Any Current Information On PMSI.
Oct 29, 2009

Have found information in the archives but was hoping to get more information from someone who works there or has worked there recently.  Platforms, QA, pay on time, any information at all would be appreciated!! TIA ...

Any Current Info On Med-Scribe, NJ?
Mar 01, 2010

Any current or recent MTs who work for this company in NJ have any info to share?  Are all their accounts now voice rec?  Plenty of work or still sporadic?  Have they added tech support for nights and weekends?  Thanks.  ...

Does Anyone Know What The Current Line Rate For ASR Is Now
Apr 01, 2010

Last I heard it was 3.5 cpl.  Do they offer shift incentives?  Thx. ...

Transolutions....any Current Info
May 08, 2010

Does anyone have any current information on Transolutions?  I checked the archives and I could only find posts from 2007.  Thanks! ...