A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

This has probably been asked before, but... - Two weeks notice?

Posted: Jun 19, 2013

What would you do if you worked for Nuance and was offered a job to start immediately with another company?  Would you have to give 2 weeks' notice and possible lose the job offer?

I doubt it would matter to them - mimtt

[ In Reply To ..]
If they have already offered you the job, if you wanted to leave Nuance and not give notice, I don't see how the new job would even know you had done that. Of course, giving 2 weeks notice is a courtesy and is the nice thing to do, but sometimes a job is just so miserable or an offer is too good to wait it out. If they offered it to you as immediate start and they know you are working elsewhere still, I think they would hardly care if you left them without notice.

this is only a thought, but - Nick Alias

[ In Reply To ..]
...if you give a 2-week notice, you will be professional, but would you really have to work the 2 weeks? It has been my experience that usually when you give a large company notice, they end up shutting you out and giving you hardly any work anyway, yes? Sometimes they shut you right out of the system immediately.

Just something to think about...

huh uh, no way, and I didn't. I never regretted it. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
It's not as if they gave me any warning when they sent 80% of my account's work to India.

Is there a way you could - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
juggle the 2 jobs while you work out a 2-week notice? I think I would try and give the notice because of the several times I have come across the same people I worked with at one company turning up at another I was applying with or working for. You just never know who you are going to run in to later on down the line that may remember you and affect your chances at a job. It looked to me somewhere back on this board that a number of team leaders were leaving or had left, which means they may be turning up at other companies. I have never been just cut off after giving notice, but I know it happens, so that may also happen and then you would be freed up anyway but still gave notice and not burned bridges.

I gave notice and they accepted my regignation - effective immediately

[ In Reply To ..]
And I was the best by far MLS on my primary account, one of the most difficult and picky accounts EVER. I was leaving for a vacation in a week, and I offered to work out the week, and later that night my manager wrote back and said thanks but we are accepting your resignation effective immediately.

At that time (mid March 2013) people were basically dropping like flies, and from what I was hearing in other places, pretty much everyone who gave notice had the same experience as I did.

So, in other words, even if you do give notice, chances are good you won't have to work it out.

Still cranky, still on the beach. :)

Similar Messages:

Been Asked To Tier Up
Feb 25, 2010

Good? Bad? Should I run screaming for the hills? ...

I Am Sure That This Question Has Been Asked But .... (sm)
Aug 02, 2010

I am looking to buy a new computer and cannot decide between a desktop or a laptop.  Which do you prefer and why?  I love the idea of not being confined to my desk with the laptop but afraid that it will not "hold up" like a desktop in the long run. Thanks so much for your replies! ...

Below I Asked A Question About What
Sep 23, 2010

Max House or Health PFC KA system for a knee replacement.  In case anyone is interested, the QA response was MAX-HEALTH PS TKA system.  However, I tried to verify this for myself on google, but I could not.  QA must have a better reference library than I do.  FYI. ...

Has It Become A Given That We Are Asked To Work OT W/o OT Pay?
Nov 10, 2010

Evidently it is an unwritten rule at my company that when you are asked to work hours outside of your shift, or over 40 hours, it is a given that you are to do so with no extra pay.  Should I bring it up?  Am I the only one? We all work 40 hours on my account, some nights, and some weekends.  Always have.  Now the AM is e mailing on the weekend asking us to get on there and get caught up.  Extra money is never mentioned - never paid, although if more than 40 hours is on ...

Someone Asked Me If There Is Work Out There
Dec 08, 2011

I ran into a former co-worker.  She asked what I was doing and I told her I am doing medical transcription from home.  She said her daughter is taking an online course in MT but it is slow going.  She asked me a few questions about the field.  Mainly she wanted to know if there is work out there.  I didn't want to be negative so I said yes, there's work out there, even though in my heart I know her daughter is going to have a tough time getting work.  At l ...

I Am Curious If Anyone Who Has Asked Has Ever
Sep 02, 2012

received a response as to why they were not given a job or even given the chance to test.  I never have.  ...

TSM Asked Why I Have No Hours!! Really??
Mar 05, 2013

I asked her if I was supposed to pull work out of the air??  I was so angry!! Are these people clueless or just stupid? I asked her if she thinks I like making no money and why would I show up every day that I am supposed to and do nothing?? I told her that I knew what the company was trying to do and that I Would Not Quit, so they had better find another reason to get rid of me. I asked her if she knew of this website and that the MModal MTs actually "do" talk to each other and we know wha ...

An MT Asked That Question?
Apr 17, 2013

Show me one MT who cares about this. ...

WTH Asked This Question?
Apr 17, 2013

It's one step up from How's the Baby? ...

Update--You Asked For It!
Nov 01, 2013

A few weeks ago I stopped in here to tell you all good-bye. I had found a new position doing psychiatric transcription and I was taking the leap. At that time, a few of you asked me if I could tell you where I was going and I didn't feel I could at that point. I have now been with Saince, Inc and I can tell you without a doubt I made the right choice for me. The training was actually "hands-on." The trainer explained and showed us how to do something and then he turned his computer ove ...

Has Anyone Asked Their TSM To Move Them To Another BOB?
Feb 23, 2014

How did this go ... did your TSM take it personally or is it strictly business?  My BOB is constantly, constantly out of work.  If I stay put in this BOB I will go under, but I also don't want to target myself or get in the radar as being disloyal or a "ship-jumper".  Can anyone share their experience with this, and how the conversation went down with their TSM?  ...

Since Most Were So Nice The Other Day When I Asked
Apr 12, 2014

about Synernet and steps to do things, I want to ask something else.  I keep losing autocorrects!  I saw the note about exit Fusion last and I try to make sure I do that, but I am still losing them.  I have not exited Fusion since adding Tessalon Perles, yet it was not there when I tried to put it in just now.  Is there another trick to keeping them? ...

I Am Sure This Has Been Asked Before But Is Anyone Currently Working For
Sep 12, 2014

Inscribe as an IC and what is your opinion of them. ...

I Know I Asked This Before But I Do See Some Lag In The Up And Download Every Now And Then And Am
Mar 20, 2015

wondering if others have noticed this at all lately. It isnt bad but just moreso than before for me anyway.  I know it isnt my computer because I use my own computer so it is the system.    ...

Anybody Been Asked To Resign??
Jun 07, 2015

i just ignored it for now but are they crazy, asking us to resign vs firing us? i wouldnt give them the satisfaction, they will have to kick me out if i am suddenly such a rotten MT. feels like an SNL Seth & Amy segment of "Oh really?" Really. ...

How Do You Feel About Being Asked To Tattle (sm)
Nov 25, 2009

We have a problem on our team with MTs cherry picking *gasp* - I've never worked anywhere where that wasn't a problem. Anyway, I agree it's a problem, and on more than a few occasions I have had to grit my teeth as I work through bad dictator after bad dictator because everyone else on the team seems to have disappeared waiting for the crappy reports to be done. This week an email was sent out asking us all to take screen shots of the queue when we think this is happening, and se ...

When Applying For Job, Is The First Question You Are Asked Are You
Dec 07, 2009

Someone in post stating was trying to be certified but seems to me most want experience rather than certification. Which one most applies? ...

I Was Just Asked The Question To Top All Questions I Can Think Of
Jan 19, 2010

There was a discussion going on below about the cost of transcribing and a person asked me if I would like my own medical record to be transcribed if a person only making 4 cents a line transcribing my own medical records. I cannot believe that question. I do both VR and regular typing on my account. I do both equally well. i read every word in VR. I listen and type every word in regular. For anyone to even suggest because a person is paid to do this type of work for less than you would do ...

I Met A Man And His Wife Today. They Asked Me What I Did For
Apr 10, 2010

a living.  When I told them medical transcription, the man said he owned a court reporting business, and he could set me up with Indian transcriptionists.  I could e-mail them my work, and they would sent back letter perfect reports.  They charge a much cheaper rate, and I could keep the difference.  After I wiped up the mess from spitting out my Coke, I politely informed him that I did not believe in offshoring.  ...

Liability Insurance - Have You Been Asked
Oct 07, 2010

Has anyone been asked to purchase liabillity insurance for themselves as an IC.  If so, how much does it cost.  I was interviewed for an IC position, they said they had insurance, but I would also have to purchase liability insurance.  I have never done worked as an IC before so I could use some tips. ...

Just Curious. How Many OTIers Have Asked To Be Taken Off ASR?
Mar 15, 2011

d ...

Help Please!!! Called MQ Techs And I Asked For
Oct 13, 2011

help copying my shorthand files made in DQS onto a flash drive.  He said we can't do that.  I know a while back someone posted on her the specific directions to do this.  I KNEW I should have saved those instructions!  Did MQ sabotage us being able to do that anymore?  Or is the tech full of crap?  I hope someone here can post the directions to do that.  This is the one thing that is making me hesitate to get out of MQ--the thought of having to redo 12 ye ...

Ive Asked My QA Lead And My CCM With No Answer
Feb 19, 2012

Can anyone tell me where I send the constant errors on the same exact thing from ASR to so that they can fix it??? Please ...

If An Employer Interviewing You Asked For Your
Mar 25, 2012

This story has been popping up in the news lately, and I find it very distressing!  How low will a company stoop to find a way to practice hiring discrimination?  Imagine yourself interviewing in an office or on the phone, and they ask if you use Facebook, Twitter, etc., and request you to hand over your password!  Would you do it?  I sure hope not!  Most likely I would lose my cool and laugh in their faces, but still no way would I ever do that.  WHAT an invasion ...

I Am So Glad That I Asked My Question About
Oct 08, 2012

suing on a board that is NOT anonymous and full of PROFESSIONAL people.  I know now that the rude and stupid responses I got were...well...stupid! lol!!  come on people! ...

Acusis Has Asked Me To Test For Them
Jan 31, 2013

Acusis has asked me to test for them.  I see they have headquarters in India and the US. Is anyone currently working for them, if so, how is it.   ...

I Know This Has Been Asked But Couldn't Find It..
Feb 21, 2013

How long should it take to edit a VR document?  I know straight typing should be about 3 times the length of the dictation but what about VR?  I know there will be variables and was just curious.  Thanks. ...

Do You Work Overtime When Asked?
Apr 01, 2015

To the company who asks for overtime on a continual basis:  Let me tell you how my day goes.  I work third shift for you, do my 8 hours then get my 2 kids, age 5 and 7, up for school, take maybe a 4-5 hour nap and get up and start my part time job for another 4 hours, which I have to maintain because you do not pay me enough on my full time job to make any money, it is very difficult jumping around on several accounts, doing every work type imaginable and just basically skating by. & ...

I Visited One-Stop And Asked About Trade Act
Nov 03, 2009

I decided to look into the benefits of the Trade Act which apparently includes only some states but which MQ has been qualified for.  I'm not yet unemployed but need to at least feel prepared.  I live in California so was given the name and number of the person in charge in my part of the state.  I also picked the brains of the One-Stop personnel about career changes.  They are a WEALTH of information, including 2 excellent websites:  www.edd.ca.gov www.onlin ...

Just Asked By Dictator To Schedule Appointments
Aug 12, 2010

I'll get right on that!  Don't hospitals tell these doctors where their dictations go or who they go to?? Or do they just not care? ...