A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

suggestions on the best COMFORTABLE headset for transcription? - home MT

Posted: Aug 10, 2010

I'm looking for suggestions on the best COMFORTABLE headset for transcription?  It seems like I go through 2 pair a year.  I even bought more expensive ones last time thinking that would help.  Nope, the right ear went out.  Very frustrating.  Thanks in advance.

headset - good ones

[ In Reply To ..]
As I am alone all day, and no problems with confidentiality here, I don't even use them and can hear just fine through the speakers on my monitor.

When I did use them I just got some Radioshak with the ear piece that went over the entire ear and was padded. Maybe $25. I know some that use the Boise (some over $100) and liked them. I used to like the stethescope type ones for years and years. I even had some that looked like airline pilot headsets as I got recurring ear infections from the stethescope ones. But pulling the plug totally is the best solution for me.

Headsets - ns

[ In Reply To ..]
I have tried several over the years, including the stethascope and more expensive ones. After my last pair fell apart and one side stopped working I grabbed my daughter's from her ipod, they were Skull Candy and I really liked them. I have since bought my own set of Skull Candy Inked earphones. They are comfortable and fit in the ear, and I have no problem with sound at all.

I like Glimmer headsets - I have had mine for 4 years....see link... - Tli

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.transcriptiongear.com/3point5-mm-right-angle-plug.html

I have the pink glimmer headset - after sucking old one up in vacuum

[ In Reply To ..]
Love them

My all-time favorite - MTx13yrs

[ In Reply To ..]
My favorite and the most comfortable pair I've ever tried/used are by Sony. They are MDR-U-10. I have several MT friends and they are the one kind any of us will use.
http://www.martelelectronics.com/158.html

Bose is the best sound quality that i have found. - Cali

[ In Reply To ..]
Bose is the best sound quality.

http://www.mtcircle.com/SHOP_MT_GEAR.html

Similar Messages:

Suggestions For Headset?
Mar 24, 2012

I'm having trouble discerning 15 from 50 and 16 from 60, and I think I'm due a new wired headset. I'm using some Sony earbuds now, but I'm open to other types. I wouldn't like to go over $100. Any suggestions? ...

Transcription Headset
Sep 24, 2010

I did a search and couldn't really find what I was looking for. I need to buy a new headset. Does anyone use or know of a headset that really brings up the "volume." I got one from Transcription Gear a few years ago but it really didn't do what I thought it would. At the moment I have my set and computer up as far as they will go and it will be easier if I could somehow get it louder. Thanks for your help. ...

Any Suggestions For Transcription Software?
May 16, 2013

Does anyone out there know of a reliable transcription software program that can be downloaded from the internet? Over the years I have used Express Scribe, but after recently downloading to my new computer (Win 8), I have been unable to get any sound. Nothing. Multiple support requests result in the same answer over and over - but still no sound. Really need a reliable (free or low cost) program that works with a foot pedal. Any suggestions? ...

Seeking Suggestions/advice For Returning To Transcription Field
Nov 09, 2010

I have been out of transcription for almost 2 years.  Long story, but a combination of health problems coinciding with job loss due to cutbacks.  Anyway, I worked for 3 years transcribing for local multi-specialty clinics.  I realize now that was probably a mistake since everyone is hiring for acute care (which I have done but that was 10 years ago).  I have recently seen some companies that are hiring for clinic transcription, but I need to "refresh" my knowledge and skills ...

Most Comfortable Headphones
Oct 15, 2009

Which headphones do you like the best in terms of comfort and quality? Some of the ones that fit inside the ears, the earbuds, make my ears sore. My boss suggested the noise-canceling kind that fit over the ears, but they are very expensive and they also look like they were be very heavy to wear. Any recommendations would be great, thank you. ...

Comfortable Headphones
Oct 18, 2009

I've always used just cheap stereo headphones but I want to try some of the ones that are made specifically for transcription. The problem is the kind that fit inside my ears can hurt, the ones that are more rounded buds and have foam on them. What headphones do you recommend that are comfortable inside the ear? I tried some recently from a fellow MT and I think they were made by Lanier but I can't remember, but they seemed comfortable. Is Lanier the best also for sound quality? I loo ...

What Do You Do To Make Yourself Comfortable
Jul 30, 2010

I get soo uncomfortable sitting for at least 8 hours every day.  My right arm and hand just ache/sore constantly, and my fingers, especially on my right hand, are really getting painful.  I sit with my keyboard on my lap (on a pillow), sit with a pillow underneath and behind me.  My heel even hurts from using the foot pedal.  I'm wondering if a left hand keyboard would work for me, or an ergonomic.  I've used an ergonomic before (it broke) and didn't recal ...

Comfortable Chairs
Apr 17, 2014

Does anyone have a heads up on a good, comfortable chair I can order online? I just moved into a new apartment and need a much better chair than the one I have. I used to think the more you paid, the better the chair but I've learned that's not true whatsoever. What's your chair like? ...

Making Your Workstation Comfortable?
Nov 11, 2010

Hi ladies, I'm coming to realize that even though I've been searching and searching for another job, I'm going to be MT'ing for some time to come.  I'm rather uncomfortable while typing all day, from my hands, arms, bottom, ears from the headphones, my foot from hitting the pedal.  I have pillows under my foot and bottom and even my back and it doesn't help as much as I would like.  I'm using a regular Microsoft keyboard and mouse, neither real ...

Looking For A Comfortable Wireless Keyboard To Type On
Jan 28, 2013

Any suggestions as to a comfortable wireless keyboard to use with my laptop? Currently using a logitech ergonomic keyboard but the keys seem a little sharp around the edges to me.  Thank you! ...

Does Anyone Feel Comfortable Posting What They Will Receive In UE?
Apr 06, 2013

I'm FT, been with MM for 15 years.  I'm a single mom of one teenager, my average income is ~around $1200/mo.  Does that make a difference?   I'm just trying to figure out if I got "the call", if the UE I (or any of us) receive is enough to pay bills with.  If it's close to what I earn I will be OK.  If it's $200/mo I will be in huge trouble.      ...

Earphones - Searching For Comfortable Headsets Or Earbuds
Feb 04, 2011

I am searching for comfortable headsets or earbuds. What have you experienced MTs found that works the best? I want to hear well, while being comfortable...:) ...

Got My New Headset
Aug 23, 2011

I am sorry to say that my old ones work better for me.  I think they would be ok, but I get a lot of (what I think is) cellphone audio, and they just don't work as well for that.  I have tried switching back and forth while working to test them, and then I always end up using my old ones.   I like the way they feel though.  It was worth a try. ...

Need To Buy A Headset
Oct 23, 2012

I am coming back home to work again and now need to buy a headset.  Any recommendations out there?  I don't want to spend a fortune on one.  Thank you! ...

New Headset But Never Had To Do This Before
Jan 23, 2013

Just got a new stereo headset and it is telling me to go thru several settings to configure the set with the computer. I am terribly non-computer savy and I would hate to mess something up doing this. How easy is this to do and could I cause the computer to go kplunk? Thanks. ...

Headset
Mar 12, 2015

Could someone suggest a headset for me? I have been using the Glimmer headset for years and it is just about shot, not getting stereo sound much anymore. Therefore, I am searching for a new set, one that has clear sound. Any help you could give me would be appreciated. ...

Wireless Headset
Sep 11, 2010

Anyone use wireless headset, if so what type? Thanks! ...

Dictaphone Headset
Sep 24, 2010

Hi, I just started using a dictaphone again.  I can't hear through the headset, though.  Everything is connected correctly.  What am I doing wrong? ...

Best Headphones/headset?
Oct 23, 2010

Hi, I'm taking classes right now to be an MT, and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a really good brand of headphones or headsets?  Particularly, are there any out there that can boost sound quality? Thanks! ...

Another Headset Question
Mar 11, 2011

Does anyone have a suggestion for a headset with volume control that actually works?  I like the in-ear kind, as the ear-muff ones are too hot in summer.  Also need a cord long enough to go from my head to computer that's under my desk. ...

Headset Recommendations?-sm
Apr 12, 2011

I need a new headset for my PC.  I want want with really good sound -- but want don't want to spend lotsa $$  -- anyone got any suggestions for a good sound quality headset that is affordable..  thx.... ...

My Headsets Are Getting Old And I Need Another Headset
Apr 30, 2011

My headsets are getting old and I need another headset.  I like the kind that are like a stethoscope that fits into the ears.  I know I dont  like the aluminum one because the sound is muffly.  Any suggestions for a headset that fits into the ears that doesnt break all the time and has very good sound. ...

We Have A Headset Survey To Take, AND
Sep 22, 2011

They ask something like:  What was the brand name and model and if you don't know, then state don't know. WELL!!!!  I TOLD THEM:  SINCE MY PAY HAS BEEN CUT IN HALF AFTER BEING WITH THIS COMPANY OVER 20 YEARS, I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO PICK THE CHEAPEST BRAND THERE IS.   Also asks where do you purchase your headset?  I TOLD THEM AGAIN:  SINCE I WAS GRANDFATHERED INTO THIS COMPANY WITH PAY CUT IN HALF, I HAVE NO CHOICE BUT AT THE DOLLAR STORE.  AND SO ...

Good Headset?
Oct 03, 2011

I was just wondering if anyone could give me their advice on what they think is a really good headset? Where is the best place to get a headset? ...

Headset Recommendations
Jan 11, 2013

I need to get a new headset as mine is wearing out. I haven't ever bought a headset before and just used the ones that came with my transcribers as they worked fine on the computer as well. I tried the stethescope type and didn't like them but otherwise would like some thoughts on what might be good ones to try.  Thanks! ...

Recommend A Headset, Please
Sep 20, 2013

I'm looking to purchase a new headset for transcription.  I had a Philips SHM-7500 and it lasted for 6 years. It's no longer being sold other than on E-bay from Korea ;) I have heard good things about both the Logitech h540 and the Spectra USB Transcription Headset, two totally different styles. Any input/recommendations for these or any others? I use it on the computer, not for cassette tapes. The Philips had the open ear cushions while the Logitech has flat padding. ...

Headset Advice
Jul 08, 2014

I need advice on a new headset. Any suggestions for the best sound quality and low price? ...

Headset Problem
Jan 05, 2015

Has anyone else ever  had a problem with a radio station being played through their headsets?  This is driving me crazy! It's not loud but I can hear it very softly in the background and especially when I take my foot off the foot pedal.  I feel like I'm becoming Schizophrenic trying to block out the noises lol ...

Anyone Recommend A Good Headset?
Nov 04, 2009

I have 2 headsets and in both the right side has gone out, which is aggravating.  Would greatly appreciate any recommendations on headsets!! TIA ...

Anyone Know Of A Good Wireless Headset?
Dec 07, 2009

Anyone know of a good wireless headset?  I am so tired of this stupid cord!!!  Thanks! ...