A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Windows 7 and shorthand - Mia

Posted: May 18, 2010

I have heard that Windows 7 and Shorthand are not compatible.  Does anyone have in information on this?  Any alternative to Shorthand?

I have Windows 7 and SH10 works with - it NM

[ In Reply To ..]
No message

Windows 7 and Shorthand - Mia

[ In Reply To ..]
No issues at all? Any tweeks that had to be made?

Similar Messages:

Shorthand For Windows Question.
Feb 16, 2010

It has been a while since I've used Shorthand and I have forgotten how to create a bolded expansion like a heading.  Could someone share with me how to do this? ...

Shorthand 9 Version And Windows 7
Nov 15, 2011

Has anybody used Shorthand Version 9 word expander program with Windows 7?  Would love to hear if you were able to use Version 9 or had to upgrade to Version 10.  Thanks!! ...

Shorthand For Windows Expander
May 07, 2013

I have been having something unusual happen with my Shorthand expander.  I think I messed it up when I was doing some changing and ever since then I have not been able to expand an abbreviation when I  am in the actual SH screen.  I used to just hit enter and it would populate my document, but now it doesn't do anything at all at that point.  I have to go back out of SH and then reenter the abbreviation in the document I am working in and then it works.  Does a ...

Windows 7 And PC Shorthand Problems
Feb 08, 2015

Howdy from Texas......I recently purchased a terrific and powerful Windows 7 Dell PC on clearance at a great price......and have been spending a lot of time getting it up and running...... My latest and hopefully last glitch is that I cant get shorthand to work with Bayscribe on this Windows 7 machine while using Internet Explorer 11.  My dictionaries come up after I load Shorthand but they dont work.   Anybody know a fix for this?  Please?  Thank you.    ...

Shorthand Is Compatible With Windows 8.1 ?
May 28, 2015

Does anyone know if Shorthand is compatible with Windows 8.1? ...

Transcenders - Anyone Use Shortcut For Windows Instead Of Shorthand
Sep 01, 2011

... just curious!  TIA!!!  ...

Shorthand For Windows Not Working In Open Office Or Wordpad
Nov 08, 2010

Hi, I have been successfully using Shorthand for Windows for 4 years in numerous transcription platforms with 2 companies.  Now  I would like to use Shorthand in other ways, but it does not work in email, Express Scribe, Open Office, or Word pad.  I can't affod to buy Microsoft Word, so I would like to know another typing program that is compatible with Shorthand.  Signed, Loreen Derry, Shorthand junkie   ...

AUTOCORRECT - How To Coph From Windows XP To Windows 7
Aug 22, 2013

HOW TO COPY AUTOCORRECT FROM WINDOWS XP TO WINDOWS 7 ...

Windows 7 And Using Windows XP Mode
Aug 05, 2011

Has anyone ever wanted to work for a company that only used Windows XP and you had Windows 7 but could virtually move to XP mode?  Could you download their software on the XP mode side and get it to work?  I had a job interview where their software only worked on XP.  I thought I could do that, but I had to also have Word 2003.  I only have 2010, but it has the compatability pack for 2003, BUT the client's software couldn't differentiate that.  If I maybe bough ...

ShortCut For Windows With Windows 7 Or 8?
May 14, 2014

Anyone using ShortCut for Windows with Windows 7 or 8? ...

Copying From Windows XP To Windows 7
Jan 31, 2015

I've done this before with no problems but for some reason I can't figure it out today. . . I want to copy my Stedman's Electronic Dictionary from XP to Win 7. I don't know why I am having problems with this . . . I copied my Stedman's electronic surgical words, abbreviations, etc., about 6 months ago just fine using my thumb drive. I don't have the original discs with me. Any help would be appreciated! ...

Here's Another Shorthand Tip...
Oct 17, 2009

Someone recently had an issue with Shorthand and Autocorrect both operating at the same time, and they were apparently fighting with each other, because both of them had some of the same expansions/corrections, so the user was getting duplicate text. I finally worked out a system for myself where Shorthand is used for actual expansions, shortcuts, etc. Autocorrect is restricted to correcting misspelled and mis-capitalized words.If I have done it correctly, never the twain should meet, and I can ...

Shorthand V10 Help
Jun 16, 2011

I've been using Shorthand all along on my work computer and love it, particularly the fact that it works anywhere - email, Word, platforms, etc.    I recently downloaded the trial version for my home computer, but, while it works fine in Word documents, it won't work at all anywhere else.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? ...

ShortHand - What's So Different About It?
Feb 11, 2012

Ok, I downloaded Short Hand expander program but, for the life of me, it looks just like the standard auto expander/auto correct that comes with word. I've looked over the very brief tutorial that came with it and I don't see where this will increase my productivity anymore than my current Word-based AC/AE work for me. All those Short Hand experts out there (and I believe there are at least a few of you), can someone tell me how this works differently than what I'm already usin ...

Shorthand/MS-DOS
Jun 08, 2012

Does anyone know if Shorthand will work in MS-DOS?  Thanks. ...

I Need Shorthand 10
Feb 19, 2013

Do you have a Shorthand 10 program to spare me that's not limited only for 30 days?  I just updated to Windows 7 and badly needs a shorthand expander compatible for Windows 7.here's my email just in case:top_v_gun@yahoo.com Thanks!  ...

Are Any Of You Who Use Shorthand Getting
Dec 11, 2013

that message again about your Shorthand license will expire in ??? days?   Just wondering if it's just me ~ or they trying to tell me I will not have a job in 20 days?   ...

Shorthand 10 Help
Nov 17, 2014

Since I'm unable to use MS auto correct with my current platform I explored Shorthand, a program I used years ago.  They've gotten too smart for me.  All I want to do is add words on the fly.  The screen I get when invoking SH10 shows no way to save any entry I might make.  Surely I'm missing something here.  If anyone can point the way I'd appreciate it--enter text, save and move on.  Thanks.   ...

Anyone Use And Like Shorthand?
Dec 03, 2014

Does it work interactively in MS Word?  Can you easily transfer your entries from Autocorrect to Shorthand?  I was checking out Instant Text but apparently now you have to download it, not avail on disk.  I think this means if your computer crashes and/or you want it on a new computer you have to RE-BUY it (at almost $200)...yeah I don't think so!   ...

Bayscribe/shorthand
Oct 13, 2009

How do I transfer my Shorthand to Bayscribe word expander. ...

Shorthand Programs
Nov 25, 2009

I would like to know a little more about the shorthand programs and which one is best to use? Thank you in advance. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Convert Shorthand 10
Nov 25, 2009

I'm getting a company computer and will be working on that one and mine.  They don't allow Shorthand (or any other program) to be put on their computer, so need to convert my Shorthand to Word autocorrect entries for the work computer.  I would do it manually (you know, one entry at a time) but I have about 4500 entries and need an automated way.   Thanks in advance ...

Need Shorthand 10 Help With Font . . . .
Feb 19, 2010

Don't know why this is not working . . .  I need to get the "Suggestion Window Font" to a bigger size.  I have changed the font to say Times New Roman 14 and it shows that it changed it in the "Suggestion Window Font" but when I go into my report and run a shorthand word it stays small, never changed.  I got everything else to a bigger font except for this.  I hit "okay" after I changed it. Any suggestions would be appreciated!  Thanks!     ...

Shorthand With Editscript
Mar 01, 2010

I know that if you use Autocorrect, your information needs to be transferred over into Editscript.  If you use Shorthand instead, how do you go about getting THAT information transferred over into Editscript?  Thanks!!!  ...

EditScript And Shorthand
Mar 01, 2010

How do you import Shorthand entries into EditScript?  Thanks!!! ...

ShortHand 10 Question
Jun 24, 2011

Can you import/upload entries from another program (Dictaphone ExText/Word Client) into ShortHand 10? ...

DocQScribe And Shorthand - Sm
Jan 25, 2011

Does Shorthand work within DocQScribe - thanks. ...

EScription And Shorthand
Jun 13, 2011

Can anyone tell me if eScription works with Shorthand and, if it does, does it work well?  Will be changing to eScription soon and need to know before purchase.  Thanks for any help. ...

SHORTHAND And RADNET
Apr 08, 2011

Does anyone know if Shorthand works with the radiology MT program called RADNET?  I have used Shorthand for over 12 years and it is my life-line and want to keep it if I take this other account with RADNET. Thanks! ...

Problems With Shorthand 10
Jul 03, 2011

I just switched to Shorthand 10. I have 2 problems with it that are quite aggravating and wondered if anyone else had figured them out.  First is the first letter of expanded capitalized phrases (in word list) never being capitalized.  Second is the suggestion window is so far from the typing area that it is almost useless.  Thank you in advance for any help.  ...