A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

EditScript and Shorthand - MTinCO

Posted: Mar 01, 2010

How do you import Shorthand entries into EditScript?  Thanks!!!

Editscript and Shorthand - TexasTyper

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think you need to import. Shorthand works with everything on your PC if it is turned on. Hope that helps

Similar Messages:

Shorthand With Editscript
Mar 01, 2010

I know that if you use Autocorrect, your information needs to be transferred over into Editscript.  If you use Shorthand instead, how do you go about getting THAT information transferred over into Editscript?  Thanks!!!  ...

EditScript/Shorthand Compatibility?
Apr 25, 2011

Has anyone had good luck with the Shorthand program in Editscript?   If it does work, how do you tweak it to work?  If not, what expander program does work, if any in Editscript?  Does it matter what version Internet Explorer you use?  It's a widely used platform out there but from past posts many have had difficulty with it and other expander programs as well.  Any new info would be much appreciated.  Thank you. ...

Editscript - How To Check My Line Count In Editscript? 
May 18, 2013

Can anybody tell me how to check my line count in Editscript?  ...

Any Difference In EditScript MT 9 And EditScript MT 9.12?
Dec 29, 2011

Does anyone know if there is any difference in EditScript MT 9 and EditScript MT 9.12?  If there is, how can we update this? It seems that my new place of employments line counting is not the same as my old place of employment.  New employer has EditScript 9, while my old work had EditScript 9.12, and my line count was much more at my previous employer.  Now it seems I can put out tons of work and see not much for lines...  Very frustrating. When questioning my employer now, they say t ...

New To EditScript
Jan 26, 2010

Hi All.... I was just hired by an MT company that uses EditScript. This is a brand new experience for me as my previous MT job did not use this platform.  I've been studying the user manual and specs, but am nervous about starting tonight.  I'll be starting out with 10 reports.  I know it will be "SLOW GOING" especially tonight. I want to do a good job, but worry about being too slow at first. Any words of advice or encouragement out there???  I could use some ...

Going To Editscript VR
Feb 12, 2010

I am going to be going to ES VR.  I have been working on Dictaphone Extext straight typing and a little VR.  I did not find VR in Dictaphone to be good.  I have done ES before, and I believe it is better.  Considering the chump change we make to do VR, do you think you are paid enough to proof your work after you have edited the report, or do you do a once over and go on to the next one?  I mean, really, with what we make, we really have to do a once over to make anythi ...

EditScript And TTS
Jun 19, 2011

Offered a job with this company on EditScript platform. I still have job with major company.  Should I make the switch.  Pay is the same but run out of work a lot where I am now. ...

IE 10 For EditScript?
Mar 24, 2013

Can we use IE 10? ...

EditScript ?
May 25, 2013

Just wondering what people think about the platform EditScript.. would love to hear opinions, pros and cons.  Is it easy to learn? Thanks.  ...

Can Anyone Help? In EditScript, How To You Get That
Dec 11, 2014

little icon you can click on to "hear silence parts of dictation rapidly" back?   TIA ...

New To VR/EditScript/Escription
Oct 25, 2009

After 40 years on the job and getting tired of typing, when out of a job this last time (there have been so many times of late because of ...well most of you already know how goes it with our profession), I decided to just go for what seems to be taking over transcription anyway.  Thanks to this board and all the talk about the different platforms, I took a job with a company that uses EditScript, and I am thrilled.  In those 40 years, I have had to do a lot of proofreading as a super ...

Editscript And USB Footpedal
Nov 18, 2009

I have a VEC USB port. I cannot seem to get it to work in EditScript. I also have Express Scribe. Is there a way to get the foot pedal to work. Checked Belkin instructions, and there is no foot pedal listed in my ports. BTW, don't have Belkin so wont work anyway. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Escription/editscript/qc
Nov 22, 2009

I posted this on the company board but this might be a better place...I work at FocusInfomatics...QC..just started not that long ago.  Many years of experience with editing, QA, MT, etc.  I'm new to VR. I would love to hear what to expect for production as right now...it's not so good.  I understand variables, etc.  My work load is very low right now but that is supposedly going to change soon.  With QCing everything to sound, can someone tell me what they ...

Looking At Old Reports In EditScript
Nov 27, 2009

I recently upgraded to EditscriptMT 8 from verson 6 and now find I cannot look back at old records as I used to do and check for familiar phrases, medication lists or other information.  Does anyone know how to look back at previously transcribed/edited patient records in EditscriptMT verson 8?  Thank you in advance. ...

Has Anyone Else Worked On Editscript
Nov 27, 2009

Has anyone else worked on Editscript and what do you think of it? ...

Anything Good Or Bad About Editscript?
Jan 26, 2010

Does anyone know anything good or bad about Editscript?  Do you know if it works on Windows 7? ...

Which Companies Are Currently Using EditScript?
Feb 13, 2010

Which companies are currently using EditScript? ...

Escription/Editscript
Feb 24, 2010

I am starting a new job that uses Escription and Editscript.  I use Shorthand as an expander and Spellex as my medical dictionary.  Does anyone know if these will function correctly in those programs? Thanks! ...

Editscript VR Only 50% Accurate
Mar 05, 2010

So you get a report where the text has been typed by a computer. Then you must edit it. My sources (a large regional hospital MT Dept) tells me that the computer generated text is only 50% accurate, a far cry from what the vendors will tell the dupes at the hospitals who are buying into this junk. ...

Do All Companies Who Use EditScript Pay 4 Cpl For VR
Mar 05, 2010

nm ...

What Versions Of Editscript Are There?
May 10, 2010

Can someone enlighten me on Ediscript(Escription).  What is Editscript 8.0 and the older version.  Can someone give me some general information regarding Editscript and what is the newest version and the oldest version,etc--thanks ...

Expander Editscript
Jun 08, 2010

What expander program works with editscript and is there a free download. ...

EditScript And InstantText
Jun 13, 2010

We're starting EditScript soon and we were told our current expander InstantText is not compatible.  I have read the archives and apparently others are using them together.  Anyone using them both now?  Anything I should know.  ...

Smartype Editscript
Jul 27, 2010

I have read to many articles on MT stars to get my smartype to work with Editscript.  Last night it worked briefly but I would have the hit the spacebar and the type the first letter and then choose the expansion.  Then it did not work again.  There has to be a way for smartype to work with Editscript.  There is enought computer "wizards" that this probably could be resolved.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I would hate to give up on this program number 1 i ...

EditScript Users
Oct 07, 2010

What are your average lines per hour for editing?  Acute care.  We are transitioning over and most dictations have not gone into editing yet. We are curious as to what your productivity is.   So far the drafts are amazingly good.  This is all new to us.  I have read through the archives but they are not very recent.  Thank you to anyone who answers. ...

Alt L Does Not Work Editscript
Oct 29, 2010

My short cut key alt L does not work in Editscript documents. Hope one of you can help me figure out the problem. ...

Companies That Use EditScript?
Mar 29, 2011

Can any of you tell me some companies that use EditScript?  I'm thinking about changing companies and really like the EditScript platform.  Thank you in advance!! ...

Save In Editscript, Please Help
Nov 24, 2011

I am new to editscript and have worked a long time on another platform.  Can someone tell me where the save button or icon is to save changes/corrections?  I really would appreciate your help here.  I realize this is probably some little something I am missing, but I sure would feel better if I could just find it and save changes before uploading to make sure changes were saved.  Thank you in advance. ...

Epic/Editscript
Dec 04, 2011

The hospital I work for changed over the Editscript last year.  Changeover went relatively smoothly, and we still had plenty of work to keep all the transcriptionists busy (after we stopped outsourcing the overflow we used to have).  Recently, the hospital switched to Epic electronic medical record system, and within a week the transcription workload plumeted to probably 40% of our former workload --not enough to keep our transcription staff busy.  It seems the doctors/nurses/etc ...

Have Any Of The DSG MTs Who Work On Editscript
Feb 22, 2012

been able to verify if you got credit for those lines as well? ...