A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Copying from Windows XP to Windows 7 - Anon

Posted: Jan 31, 2015

I've done this before with no problems but for some reason I can't figure it out today. . . I want to copy my Stedman's Electronic Dictionary from XP to Win 7. I don't know why I am having problems with this . . . I copied my Stedman's electronic surgical words, abbreviations, etc., about 6 months ago just fine using my thumb drive. I don't have the original discs with me. Any help would be appreciated!

Similar Messages:

AUTOCORRECT - How To Coph From Windows XP To Windows 7
Aug 22, 2013

HOW TO COPY AUTOCORRECT FROM WINDOWS XP TO WINDOWS 7 ...

Windows 7 And Using Windows XP Mode
Aug 05, 2011

Has anyone ever wanted to work for a company that only used Windows XP and you had Windows 7 but could virtually move to XP mode?  Could you download their software on the XP mode side and get it to work?  I had a job interview where their software only worked on XP.  I thought I could do that, but I had to also have Word 2003.  I only have 2010, but it has the compatability pack for 2003, BUT the client's software couldn't differentiate that.  If I maybe bough ...

ShortCut For Windows With Windows 7 Or 8?
May 14, 2014

Anyone using ShortCut for Windows with Windows 7 or 8? ...

Anyone Use DQS On Windows 7 Yet?
Dec 16, 2009

I want to go to my parents house this weekend for Christmas and I have to work.  They live about 4 hours away so I was just going to take my foot pedal with me and download DQS on my dad's computer.  He is nerd so he has this really cool computer so I am not worried about DQS not running on it or anything.  I was just wondering about how DQS runs with windows 7.  I would figure it would just run the same since it is internet based.  I just would hate to not be able ...

Has Anyone Tried DQS With Windows 7?
Jan 05, 2010

x ...

Windows 7 64-bit OS And DQS 6.1
Sep 20, 2010

I have read other posts on this site with respect to this subject but just wondering if anyone using Windows 7 is able to use DQS 6.1 64-bit OS with it. Every machine you purchase comes preloaded with it and I want to buy a new machine but if Windows 7 64-bit doesn't work properly, I won't even bother yet. I heard from support that is unsure right now as they are still working on other things, i.e., problems with 6.1.   Thanks for your input!   ...

DQS And Windows 7
Nov 03, 2010

Hi All!   I am considering buying a new personal PC, which are all loaded with Windows 7.  I can't find info anywhere as to the requirements for the operating system compatible with the newer DocQscribe software, or are we still stuck with XP? Thanks for any help! ...

Windows 7 -- 64-bit And 32-bit
Nov 22, 2010

Can maybe someone answer my question. I purchased a new computer last year with the new Windows 7 home premium operating system. For the Internet Explorer, I have two icons, one on my desktop that strictly says 64-bit, plus there is an IE icon at the bottom of my toolbar that uses 32-bit for some sites (I think because Adobe Flash Player is not compatible with 64-bit OS, is what I was told by an HP tech person). Some companies advertising on the Job Seeker board says can use Windows 7, 32- ...

Windows 7/64
Aug 05, 2011

Does docqscribe work now with windows 64-bit? ...

Windows 7 Help
Dec 19, 2011

I received a new computer from the Q which I am sure you all know has windows 7 but how do you maximize a screen that was minimized?  In XP I had always had the teamwork screen minimized and readily seen on the taskbar so all I had to do was click on it and it brought up teamwork ready to be clilicked on to sign me in for my shift after I had a job downloaded  but when I minimize the teamwork window in windows 7 it disappears from the screen and I have to click on the icon on the deskt ...

No More Windows XP
Jul 09, 2012

I went to MicroCenter the other day to look at computers. Anyway the salesman told me that Windows XP is going obsolete (somewhat) in 18 months.  That's when Windows Update will no longer continue security updates for Windows XP.  Anyone see that as a problem? ...

Windows 7 Pro
Oct 10, 2012

What is a fair price for this software.  I will need it if I take a job with 3-T.  I looked online and found a huge price range, 65-300 dollars.  Thanks. ...

Does Anyone Have Windows 8? Do You Like It? Sm
Oct 30, 2012

I'm buying a computer today and the only options are Windows 7 and 8.  Have you heard anything good or bad regarding either one?  Appreciate any info.  ...

Windows 8 And DQS
Jan 08, 2013

Just an FYI to anyone thinking of purchasing a laptop, I saw where previously it was stated that Windows 7 programs should work with Windows 8.  That's not true with DQS 7.1.  It will not load with Windows 8.  Support confirmed this, as did my CSM.  After I actually bought it, of course.  If anyone knows a work-around that would make DQS load onto it, please let me know. ...

Does Anybody Have Windows 7 That They Use With
Mar 01, 2013

BeyondTxt. I bought a new computer with Windows 7 and after I transcribe a few jobs I start getting errors when trying to upload.  Been working with tech support off and on all day long.  Anybody else have any problems with BXTX and Windows 7?   ...

Going From Windows 7 To Windows 8
Sep 04, 2013

I am looking at new computers to replace the a desktop using Windows 7.  Has anyone done this recently and gone to Windows 8 and used the Easy Transfer method for loading autocorrects, macros and autotext created in MS Office 2007?  I am my own business and do not work for online companies.   ...

What To Do If You Have Windows XP
Feb 19, 2014

I am the furtherest thing from an IT person there is.  I do not touch this computer unless it is for work.  I have Windows XP.  Am I going to have to switch to something different in April?  How do I do that.  I know a local computer person who could do it, but I do not even know what to ask him to do.  Also, if I change to something different, will I lose everything on my computer? ..... emails?  My Documents, which is extensive.  Will I lose my MM operat ...

Another Windows XP Faq
Apr 08, 2014

Why can't Nuance give clear and concise emails and/or FAQs.  I need an interpreter.  Called support to explain previous FAQ and they could not decipher it either.   ...

Windows 7, 8, & 9
Jun 18, 2014

What platform do you use while working?  Has anyone made the leap to 8?  waiting until 9?  never leaving 7?  Are you still using XP??   I'm considering upgrading my personal system and was just curious what OS everyone was already using in the "work" environment, whether on-site or remote.   Thanks. ...

IT With Windows 7?
Sep 15, 2014

I know that I have used IT V with windows 7 for ages, but after a hard-drive crash and new hard-drive it will no longer work.  I called the support line and they say that it is not supposed to work with windows 7.  Does anyone know if there is any type of setting changes that would help them talk to each other?  Not sure if I can afford IT 7 at the moment.   Thanks for any help that you can offer!   ...

Windows 8.1 With EHR
Oct 02, 2014

I recently got a new computer that has Windows 8.1. I use Vitera Intergy transcription writer to do my work. I cannot get my transcription writer to work with 8.1 and keep getting a runtime error 4605. Luckily, I still have my old system to work on but I really want to get the new system up and running. Everything else works great with the new system except my transcription writer. Is it possible that it is not compatible with 8.1 yet?  Thanks ...

Windows 8.1 And EHR
Oct 02, 2014

I recently got a new computer that has Windows 8.1. I use Vitera Intergy transcription writer to do my work. I cannot get my transcription writer to work with 8.1 and keep getting a runtime error 4605. Luckily, I still have my old system to work on but I really want to get the new system up and running. Everything else works great with the new system except my transcription writer. Is it possible that it is not compatible with 8.1 yet?  Thanks ...

Windows 8
Apr 16, 2015

Is anyone using Windows 8 with Escription, Bayscribe, ChartNet, Docuscribe or any of the other platforms?  Thinking about buying a new laptop. ...

WMX - Working Windows.
Dec 08, 2009

I have heard they are no longer offering these 10 to 12 hour windows to do your shift in.  Anyone know contrary? Also, if you already are working and have this window, do they take it away or are you grandfathered in?  ...

Companies With Windows 7?
Dec 31, 2009

Is there anyone who knows of any companies whose software is compatible with Windows 7?  I just bought a new HP computer and it has 7 installed on it.  Unfortunately, my IT guy in the office didn't tell me that Windows 7 wouldn't work, so now I am out of a job since my old computer crashed a few days ago.  I would appreciate any info from anyone. Happy New Year!!!     ...

Can You Use Windows 7 At SoftScript?
Jan 01, 2010

nm ...

Has Anyone Tried DQS With Vista Or Windows 7?
Jan 02, 2010

I need a new computer & would rather not have to buy a refurbished or special order from Dell just to get XP, so I'm wondering if anyone's been able to try the new Windows 7 or even Vista, though I'd prefer Windows 7 I think.  TIA!!! ...

Windows 7 And WinScribe
Jan 18, 2010

I am about ready to switch from an XP computer to my new Windows 7 computer.  I am wondering if there is anything I need to do to have WinScribe transition flawlessly with the new technology.  Has anyone been using WinScribe and made this transition?  I have tried getting information from the WinScribe website, but the total focus there is sales to new customers. ...

Upgrade To 5.16 With Windows 7
Apr 09, 2010

Has anyone been able to do the upgrade to DocQscribe 5.16 on a machine with Windows 7?  If so, how did you do it.  Can't get it to work with either 32 bit or 64 bit Internet Explorer.  TIA.  ...

WAVpedal And Windows 7
May 14, 2010

Waiting on delivery of new pc today which is 64-bit Windows 7.  I have a WAVpedal that is a few years old and wondered if anyone has this combination and if they worked okay together.  I checked on WAVpedal stores and they say Vista ok but dont mention 7.  Thanks.  ...