A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcenders - anyone use Shortcut for Windows instead of Shorthand - new hire

Posted: Sep 01, 2011

... just curious!  TIA!!! 

Shortcut user - NeeCee

[ In Reply To ..]
I use Shortcuts at Transcend. I also had them down load Shorthand because of certain things that Shortcut could not do, and Shorthand could not do them either.

I took a poll at one of my team meetings, and half used Shorthand and half used Shortcuts, and each liked their own expander.

I would suggest to have them down load both of them so you can try them both and see which one you like the most.

The new "proficiency expert" now sends out tips for Shorthand in case that makes a difference to your decision.

Similar Messages:

Shortcut For Windows 8
Dec 30, 2013

I was using an old version of Shortcut for Windows and it was working nicely on my old puter.  I got a new puter for Christmas (Thanks to my hubby - I think he wants me to type faster/more!) and I can't find my disk to load the Shortcut software onto the new puter - I'm not even sure it would work on Windows 8.  Can anyone recommend a word expander similar to Shortcut?  I'm not finding Shortcut for Windows available online.  Anyone?  Thanks - Kathleen ...

Shorthand (FastFox) Shortcut Program
Jan 07, 2013

Shortcut For Windows And Meditech
Oct 04, 2011

Howdy....Anyone work for Keystrokes?   Do you know if Shortcut for Windows works on Meditech platform? ...

Shortcut For Windows Update
May 03, 2014

I call the telephone number on my program disc and they said that the company that developed Shortcut for Windows had been bought out by Superior Global but that they were allowed to provide tech support for Shortcut.  They were able to get mine to work with Windows 7 and M/S Word on the new computer but said that Shortcut would not be able to go past Windows 7 and that I should start looking for another word expander and start transferring short forms or macros over now while I have time. ...

ShortCut For Windows And Escription
Nov 16, 2014

Does anyone out there know how to use ShortCut for Windows with Escription?  I've used ShortCut for 14 years, have like 46,000 entries.  When I ran it with Escription, the long form would print out, but it would back up 2-3 characters and delete the last 2 characters of the word before it.  For example: HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNESS:  The patient is... With Escription, it looks like this: HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNthe patient is. Any and all suggestions would be greatly ap ...

ShortCut For Windows With Windows 7 Or 8?
May 14, 2014

Anyone using ShortCut for Windows with Windows 7 or 8? ...

Windows 7 And ShortCut Text Expander Problems.
May 02, 2010

So I bought a new PC and it runs Win7. I've got everything up and running, my platform and audio player works great. BUT...I can't get my expander to work properly.  I can install it and start it and it looks like it's running fine but when I enter text that should expand, it just doesn't. At all, in any program (Word, Firefox, notepad, etc). Their site says that it should work just fine in any Windows-based program and it has since Win98, up until now. We all know ho ...

Shortcut For Windows On A Word-based Platform
Jan 30, 2012

I've used Shortcut for Windows for years always on a Word-based platform.  Now I am using it in SpeechMotion which is not Word based.  I need to know if there is anyway in Shortcut to set up a code to jump where I need to enter text.  I have normal templates in Shortcut and have used an * to indicate a jump-to field.  I had a macro in Word that let me jump to the *, but there is no way to set up a macro in SpeechMotion.  Any help would be appreciated.  ...

Windows 7 And Shorthand
May 18, 2010

I have heard that Windows 7 and Shorthand are not compatible.  Does anyone have in information on this?  Any alternative to Shorthand? ...

Shorthand For Windows Question.
Feb 16, 2010

It has been a while since I've used Shorthand and I have forgotten how to create a bolded expansion like a heading.  Could someone share with me how to do this? ...

Shorthand 9 Version And Windows 7
Nov 15, 2011

Has anybody used Shorthand Version 9 word expander program with Windows 7?  Would love to hear if you were able to use Version 9 or had to upgrade to Version 10.  Thanks!! ...

Shorthand For Windows Expander
May 07, 2013

I have been having something unusual happen with my Shorthand expander.  I think I messed it up when I was doing some changing and ever since then I have not been able to expand an abbreviation when I  am in the actual SH screen.  I used to just hit enter and it would populate my document, but now it doesn't do anything at all at that point.  I have to go back out of SH and then reenter the abbreviation in the document I am working in and then it works.  Does a ...

Windows 7 And PC Shorthand Problems
Feb 08, 2015

Howdy from Texas......I recently purchased a terrific and powerful Windows 7 Dell PC on clearance at a great price......and have been spending a lot of time getting it up and running...... My latest and hopefully last glitch is that I cant get shorthand to work with Bayscribe on this Windows 7 machine while using Internet Explorer 11.  My dictionaries come up after I load Shorthand but they dont work.   Anybody know a fix for this?  Please?  Thank you.    ...

Shorthand Is Compatible With Windows 8.1 ?
May 28, 2015

Does anyone know if Shorthand is compatible with Windows 8.1? ...

Shorthand For Windows Not Working In Open Office Or Wordpad
Nov 08, 2010

Hi, I have been successfully using Shorthand for Windows for 4 years in numerous transcription platforms with 2 companies.  Now  I would like to use Shorthand in other ways, but it does not work in email, Express Scribe, Open Office, or Word pad.  I can't affod to buy Microsoft Word, so I would like to know another typing program that is compatible with Shorthand.  Signed, Loreen Derry, Shorthand junkie   ...

AUTOCORRECT - How To Coph From Windows XP To Windows 7
Aug 22, 2013

HOW TO COPY AUTOCORRECT FROM WINDOWS XP TO WINDOWS 7 ...

MDI/Transcenders - Did You See This?
Jan 29, 2010

Saw this posted over on the MQ board and thought it merited attention on this board as well....Be prepared.   http://forum.mtstars.com/190192.html     ...

To Transcenders
Feb 06, 2010

The company MLS site states that QA uses BOS3.  Are there enough differences between BOS2 and 3 that I need to invest in the latter?  ...

? For You Transcenders
Oct 20, 2011

Is the $900 per pay period reqiurement before or after taxes? Thank you in advance for any input. ...

Transcenders
Dec 16, 2011

After reading all the negative posts here about other companies I'm glad to be working for Transcend.  How about you?   I just started there last month, but so far so good.  I'm curious about moving up in the company to a TL position.  I got an email the other day from the recruiter saying we can apply even before our 90 day probationary period. I'm just wondering if people really get hired for that position being so new to the company.  I'm sti ...

How Are The Other New Transcenders Doing?
Jan 05, 2012

I think I'm getting the hang of BeyondTXT now.  I haven't run out of work so far, so that's a good thing, not to say that I won't, but haven't yet.  I'm doing ER notes right now.  Gonna be given more worktypes next week though.  I'm building up my speed slowly but surely.  How is it going with the others new to Transcend?  :) ...

How Many Of You Ex-Transcenders Are Looking
Dec 19, 2012

for another MT gig and/or resigning since the new plan has been rolled out to us? Just curious, don't know how many of us actually look here and I rarely post. Just trying to consider it from all angles, pros and cons, options. Taking quite a hit in pay. In any case, wish you all a peaceful holiday season. ...

Transcenders - Questions For You, Please
Dec 19, 2009

Does Transcend have an incentive plan and would you explain it for me?   What were you hired at (base rate)?   Do they have any VR work and what is the base rate for it?   Thanks.   ...

Transcenders: Question On
Apr 14, 2010

How many of you receive no raises and/or even rate cuts while management receives increases equivalent of complete salary packages, bonuses and the company offers $78 million to buy Spheris?     ...

A Question To MDI-er/Transcenders
Apr 21, 2010

Hi MDIers/now Transcenders:  Curious to know if anyone else is starting to feel as demoralized as I am by the recent highly offensive/rude/appalling brow-beating emails  sent out by (MDI-MD) TLs?  Has anyone noticed the push for total workaholism with even working through funerals?! Did they all take a class on how to make everyone feel like crap about their job?  A  new ROM mentioned there is a decrease in MLS production that she doesn't understand - I would put ...

Question For MDI/transcenders
Jul 22, 2010

Has DD always been this full of hot air?  Just from her messages on the mls web site I am afraid I would have to doubt anything she ever told me.   What a joke!  ...

Question For PT Transcenders
Feb 27, 2011

Since PTers don't earn PTO, how do you handle taking days off?  I'm considering a schedule that will involve most weekends (to supplement my FT job).  While I don't need to work as much as they require (20 hours), I do need a little extra spending money.  Will taking off a weekend day or 2 a month be a problem?  Has anyone else had to deal with these circumstances?  Just want to know what I'm getting into. ...

Transcenders Using Encore ???
Sep 22, 2011

On the new platform will you be able to see your line count as you go along or do you still have to go look it up the regular way.  At Webmedx it kept a running tab of your lines on the top of the page and you could kind of pace yourself.   I really liked that. Also, have they put out a schedule as to when each region will be going over to Encore?    ...

Get Ready Transcenders...
Mar 13, 2012

You will be "offered" lots and lots of OT every day, and asked to mail in your committments for every weekend. It is not "mandatory", but if you do not do it, you will be written by your SM asking you to. Same thing. So tiring, day in and day out. Guess I am not a "team player" because I feel I was hired to work 40 hours and any time after that is "My Life Time." ...

Compensation - For Transcenders
Dec 16, 2012

As you transition to Nuance, you will have training jobs going to QC.  This will count against your QC percentage and affect your ability to earn any increased increment in line rate based on your quality.  Please plan ahead carefully for a much lower paycheck and look for another job as hard as you can.  Advise all would-be MTs to look into coding or some other profession entirely.  MTs are living at poverty levels these days and we have to get the word out.  With VR ca ...