A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Microsoft 4000 keyboard versus Logitech - The Avon lady

Posted: Aug 28, 2014

i have been using the Microsoft 4000 keyboard for quite a few years now and love the shape and features, but it doesn't seem to last more then 5 or 6 months, so when it starts acting up I just order a new one off Amazon and keep the replacement close by until the old one dies.  When looking tonight for my next replacement, I spotted the Logitech wave combo mk550 wireless with a wireless mouse.  The keyboard is just a little different but the wireless part appeals to me.  I won't buy the wireless Microsoft because it is just too much for a keyboard that might only last a few months.  Any thoughts on Logitech wireless?

Microsoft keyboard- I have had the - Logitec K350

[ In Reply To ..]
wireless keyboard and mouse for about 3 years and I work on it a lot, several of the letters are worn off the keys, and I hit my keys hard too (learned on a manual typewriter). I had used the Microsoft before and got tired of replacing it at least once a year, so I have been happy with the Logitech.

Microsoft 4000 comes with a warranty. - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

You might give it a try with a "used" one - Anemone

[ In Reply To ..]
Right now, they have a new/used Logitech one for around $30 on Amazon -- Love my wireless trackball and mouse, not sure it would make much difference with a keyboard and -- yikes!! -- more batteries.

I buy used Microsoft 4000 regularly for around $26-27 free shipping and probably wouldn't switch brands, unless there were cheap "used" ones available.

I'd read the reviews rather carefully. I usually kill mine with a tipped over cup of coffee or soda, but they function well-enough, I think longer than 6 months ... and my recent two or three have lasted better. (I always keep a new one available in case).

CHEAP TRICK: I stuck a piece of that funny thin foam board kids use for school projects/display boards under my keyboard and discovered it makes a good shock absorber as well as absorbing some of the clickity-clack as well (and keeps the board from migrating a bit)

Similar Messages:

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Source?
Nov 14, 2013

Anyone know where I can get a new Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000  for under $37.  Checked eBay, Google and Google shopping.    Thanks! ...

Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 Vs Microsoft Ergo 4000
Jun 27, 2013

Getting ready to buy a new keyboard and trying to decide between these 2 models. Has anyone used both and can compare them?  Does the CC 3000 really provide relief for the wrists?  I've heard good things about the 4000 but it looks so...LARGE, lol! Any input appreciated before I click the "buy it now" feature! ...

Wireless Logitech Keyboard
Apr 11, 2010

Has anybody experienced Logitech S530 wireless keyboard wearing out after about 6 months of heavy use?  Mine is skipping spaces and letters. It is very frustrating.  I have ordered a new one, but wonder if this is the norm for them.  I have changed batteries 3 times in 6 months.  I really am having second thoughts about continuing with it. ...

Which Keyboard Would You Choose? Logitech
Mar 04, 2011

Thanks for your suggestions! ...

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro...need A New Keyboard, Any Recommendations?
Apr 03, 2010

Microsoft has discontinued these great keyboards and I need a new one.  Anybody aware of a split keyboard that has a really nice touch (remember those old IBM keyboards?) for transcription work by Microsoft or another brand that you really like? I'm open for suggestions please ; 0  My only complaint with this one is the keys are a bit clunky to press down (especially the space bar).  Thanks! ...

Wave Keyboard Versus Ergonomic Split Keyboard
Apr 10, 2010

I was wondering if someone could tell me how using a wave keyboard compares to a split ergonomic keyboard.  Is the wave as comfortable to use?  TIA! ...

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Substitute
Feb 12, 2014

Now that they apparently no longer make the Microsoft Natural ergo keyboard (the original one), I am my wits' end knowing what to do.  My old one finally bit the dust.  I have arthritis and really depended on that keyboard.  Does anyone know of a good substitute?  (It cannot be wireless.)  Thanks so much in advance. ...

ISO Of Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Jan 26, 2015

My spacebar died, bought one off e-Bay, that did not last very long either.  They now say the Elite keyboards are "Vintage" charging over $100 for one new.  Thanks ...

Microsoft Split Keyboard With Hand Controls
Jun 17, 2011

Hi Everyone,   Let me introduce myself, my name is Danna Rayton and I am a disabled veteran. I am currently a student at Kaplan University Online for Medical Transcription. I am writing you all due to a blog I read about a person wanting more information for her friend with spina bifida.  I know with having a foot injury from the military I will be have a hard time using the foot pedal myself. TranscriptionGear has a software program that will allow me to program hot keys an ...

Microsoft Used To Make A Soft Touch Keyboard But Stopped...
May 20, 2010

really miss that keyboard, I can't remember its name but they quit making it about 5-6 years ago.  Does ayone know of a comparable one?  Where you barely touch the keys and there is no click?    ...

J Us T B O Ugh T A M Icr Osoft 4000
Feb 02, 2011

Why  is    it doing   th is ?                    The sp ace    bar  seems stuck.                   Anyon e  else&nbs ...

Logitech Keyboards
Mar 24, 2011

I recently started having some issues with my Logitech wireless keyboard where it was getting harder to press down on the keys.  I recently moved and when I got everything set up I noticed that the touch seemed to be different.  Shook the keyboard out, took a damp cloth and wiped the keyboard down, etc and still seems to be "different."  I called Logitech this morning and explained what was going on and they are replacing the keyboard free of charge and apparently, you do not have ...

Question About The Logitech Headphones
Apr 12, 2012

Why did they send headphones with a mic attached to it? ...

Am I The Only One Who HATES These Heavy Logitech Headphones?
Apr 07, 2012

I hate these stupid headphones, they are heavy, I do not need a Britney Spears mic..and the cord twists onto itself so bad it is impossible to get a good fit.  Once again..they do not consider what an actual MT needs, just send stupid generic headsets for air traffic controllers and pop stars and do not for one second consider what would work best for us.  I hate having to fit it around my head, it guts stuck in my hair.  Yes..the sound is fine, but the torture of wearing these th ...

End Point Versus Endpoint And Hand Grip Versus Handgrip
Mar 13, 2012

Two words that come up often for questioning.  These are strictly used in an orthopedic setting.  Stedman's and Dorland's list end point and hand grip HOWEVER the office transcription manager,  girl is asking for me to correct this to endpoint and handgrip. She is only basing this on what an old medical transcription company she used to work for had her typing. I would rather base it on the  medical reference. The doctors are not even aware this has come up. She is ...

MICROSOFT WORD HELP
Sep 19, 2010

I have what may sound like a stupid question.  I was wondering how to back up/save our dictionaries for auto correct and auto text.  I would like to back it up on a disc so if my computer bites the dust, I will still have all of my entries.  I would hate to have to put them all in all over again and I would be lost without them.  TIA and have a great day!! ...

Microsoft Email
Oct 15, 2010

Well now Microsoft wants us to change our passwords before 10/17.  Anyone know how to do this?  Also have 19 updates to do. Everytime I do these it changes my Microsoft Email to version 2003.  Anyone else have these problems?  Thanks. ...

Microsoft Word, Need To Buy
Mar 11, 2012

I need to buy 2003 standard, professional or 2007 or 2010.  None of them can be the student version.  Does anyone know if there is a free trial available or where I can purchase this at a reasonable rate?  I'm checking ebay and I'm watching two right now, but I'm open to other ideas! ...

Microsoft Updates
Nov 19, 2014

Just had a weird thing happen to me. On Tuesdays they typically send out Microsoft updates which are usually to see if you have any kind of virus on your computer. Usually, this only takes a few minutes to configure my computer and this time, I thought it never would stop. Honestly, it was at least an hour to configure my computer. I think something is wrong. The only other thing I updated was Adobe Flash. Anyway, it was weird and scary. Thought I was not going to be able to do an ...

MICROSOFT WORD 2000
Dec 02, 2011

Some time ago I purchased a Microsoft Word 2000 and I have lost my product code key...any suggests on getting another product key code...someone please help, I really need this for work. ...

Microsoft Word 2003???
Feb 22, 2013

I just got a new computer and am trying to find a downloadable version of Microsoft Word (ideally 2003, which is what is on my old computer) or even 2008 or 2010.  I had found a downloadable version of this for $39.99 a couple of months ago, but I didn't bookmark it and now can't find it.  When I go to the Microsoft website, the only downloadable version I can find is apparently their new Office 365.   TIA to anyone who can help :-) ...

Microsoft Office 2013
Feb 27, 2013

It's time for a new PC, and I found a great deal on a brand new one that comes loaded with MS-Office 2013.  It took forever to get used to 2010.  Anyone here had experience with 2013?  Pros and cons, please.  ...

Microsoft Dumping XP Next Month.
Mar 16, 2014

That is what I have with no problems and I am not looking forward to revamping this computer. ...

Is Learning Microsoft Word 7 Difficult?
Oct 17, 2009

I have never used this for doing MT.  ...

Ever Known A Company To Not Accept OEM Microsoft Versions?
Jul 03, 2010

I want to buy an OEM version of Microsoft Office on Ebay, but I'm hesitant because I'm worried it won't be compatible with my company's software. I asked my company, of course, but it will be a wait because it's the weekend. I just wanted to see if any of you have ever come across a company that did not accept the OEM version of Microsoft Word or Office. Thanks! ...

What's The Best Place To Buy Microsoft Office 2003? Nm
May 29, 2010

nm ...

Issue With Microsoft Word 2003
Oct 21, 2010

When I have more than one window up in Microsoft Word, I will go to close one window, and Word will make me save all the windows. Is there a way to change this so that I can close one window without having to do anything to the others? Word 2000 didn't have this issue. ...

Printing Microsoft Autocorrect Entries
Dec 06, 2010

How can I print my Autocorrect Entries from Word?  ...

Help With Emdat/Microsoft Word 2010 PLEASE
May 20, 2011

When I bullet something after a heading it is creating a space between the heading and the first bullet. I have tried everything that I know of to remove this line so that the first bullet is immediately underneath the heading but I cannot get rid of this line. Can someone help me please?????   TIA ...

Any Microsoft Word 2010 Experts Out There?
Feb 23, 2013

I just downloaded a free trial of a medical/pharmaceutical dictionary and when I went to import it into my custom dictionaries, it says it must be converted to a Unicode document before importing. I'm confused...Does anyone know what this means or how to "convert" it to Unicode?  I'm totally  new to MSO 2010, so any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! ...