A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

J us t b o ugh t a m icr osoft 4000 - Backwards Typist

Posted: Feb 02, 2011

Why  is    it doing   th is ?                    The sp ace    bar  seems stuck.                   Anyon e  else                            have th e pro blems I se em t o   be  h avin g ?

Microsoft 4000 - dln

[ In Reply To ..]
I am using a Microsoft 4000, and though I do admit the space bar is a bit difficult to press at times, it sure hasn't done what you're describing! I seriously would take it back if you just bought it. :)

That's what I'm going to do. I'm back to the - Backwards Typist

[ In Reply To ..]
keyboard without letters ('old faithful 2000'). I plugged it into my router, then direct to the computer and each time, it was the same. I rebooted the computer each time, and it was the same.

I even tried it this morning and got the same garbage. Sheesh! After waiting to buy this keyboard for a couple years, I am certainly disappointed in it. All the keys seems "tight" and hard to press. My old faithful 2000 is more comfortable.

I believe that's your best bet (sm) - dln

[ In Reply To ..]
Definitely get a refund. There is obviously something wrong with that keyboard!

I have tried a variety of keyboards, but I have always come back to the Microsoft 4000. I did like the Logitech Wave cordless, but it started giving me problems not long after purchasing it. I really dislike the space bar on the Microsoft 4000 as it seems to be sticky (and that happens on every single Microsoft 4000 I've owned), but I do like the split keyboard aspect of it. ***sigh*** I wish I could find the "perfect" keyboard, but until then I guess the Microsoft 4000 will have to do!
Hopefully, I will like the 4000. The company I bought it from - Backwards Typist
[ In Reply To ..]
sent out a new one after I emailed them about the problems...and they don't want the other one back!!! Hard to believe that, but true.

If I don't like the 4000, I think I'll just buy another 2000. I really like it, just that the letters wear off too quickly (within 2 months), even the nub on the J and F, so I've been typing "blind". It's not a split keyboard but the keys are larger than other keyboards I tried and hardly any pressure needed to type.

Similar Messages:

Microsoft 4000 Keyboard Versus Logitech
Aug 28, 2014

i have been using the Microsoft 4000 keyboard for quite a few years now and love the shape and features, but it doesn't seem to last more then 5 or 6 months, so when it starts acting up I just order a new one off Amazon and keep the replacement close by until the old one dies.  When looking tonight for my next replacement, I spotted the Logitech wave combo mk550 wireless with a wireless mouse.  The keyboard is just a little different but the wireless part appeals to me.  I wo ...

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Source?
Nov 14, 2013

Anyone know where I can get a new Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000  for under $37.  Checked eBay, Google and Google shopping.    Thanks! ...

Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 Vs Microsoft Ergo 4000
Jun 27, 2013

Getting ready to buy a new keyboard and trying to decide between these 2 models. Has anyone used both and can compare them?  Does the CC 3000 really provide relief for the wrists?  I've heard good things about the 4000 but it looks so...LARGE, lol! Any input appreciated before I click the "buy it now" feature! ...