A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Microsoft dumping XP next month. - PAMT

Posted: Mar 16, 2014

That is what I have with no problems and I am not looking forward to revamping this computer.

Depends on your system - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Depending upon what your present, XP computer has, as far as processor, memory, etc., you may not be able to "revamp" it as easily as you think.

You can still use XP, it just is not going to be supported - by Microsoft any more

[ In Reply To ..]
No more security patches, updates, etc. It's not going to magically stop working. There are security concerns, though, so if you access a VPN system like I do, then an upgrade may be mandatory.

If you use your XP machine to work, then check with your employer before making any drastic changes.

I got an email from my employer - MTMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Anyone still using XP will HAVE to upgrade. I had the decision made for me about a month ago when my old computer bit the dust. Had to buy a new one, and if you need Windows 7 and Office 2010 (like I did) it's gonna cost you because the big stores don't even carry those anymore. Better start saving up and looking for a good deal somewhere. I think the best deals will be found online. I was in a hurry and couldn't wait several days for delivery, so I had to go to an independent computer store in my area and have one built, and it was not cheap.

oh, man...you should have looked into refurbished ones. - really. NM

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 Vs Microsoft Ergo 4000
Jun 27, 2013

Getting ready to buy a new keyboard and trying to decide between these 2 models. Has anyone used both and can compare them?  Does the CC 3000 really provide relief for the wrists?  I've heard good things about the 4000 but it looks so...LARGE, lol! Any input appreciated before I click the "buy it now" feature! ...

This Is How They Will Begin Dumping US MTs.
Dec 04, 2014

Those getting 99.49 or not getting line count will be out the door.  This is how they will dump us.  In comparison to India and Korea, we are over paid numbers, not people.  This company has lost all values where their US employees are concerned.  Wonder what the CEOs bonus will be this year for running the company into the ground?  Good work Sir.  Can you say greed? ...

WMX - Question About No Work/dumping
Sep 20, 2010

Monday beginning new payperiod,  getting NSA, but.... when I got one job up it had a line or two on it and then nothing.  I typed it, thinking maybe someone lost power or ISP connection.  It was a fairly crummy report, not anything really bad, just not the best.  However, later I pulled it up in Versions to see and low and behold, not 1 but 2 people other than myself had been in that job.  How do they quit jobs that are bad and it not get noticed?  There is little ...

Be Prepared For Dumping Ground!
Jul 15, 2014

Am suddenly receiving more and more muffled/horrible/submarine sounding dictations that people are now paranoid to do and sending back to the pool for fear of the dreaded blank (and I don't blame anyone for doing it at this point!).  Can't wait to see how much my blank percentage goes up now!  What are they thinking?  Oh wait, they're not! ...

Anyone Get MModals Employee Of The Month This Month?
Feb 22, 2013

Saw they posted the new list. anyone get it? ...

3-month Versus 3 Month
May 13, 2014

Which is correct:  "The patient is here for a 3-month followup visit."  or  "The patient is here for a 3 month followup visit."   I was always told in this instance that it is without the hyphen becuase putting the hyphen in it will mean that the visit is 3 months long versus a visit at 3 months' time.   Which is the correct way to do this?  I got a correction back on a file and I was pretty sure I had it right.   ...

MICROSOFT WORD HELP
Sep 19, 2010

I have what may sound like a stupid question.  I was wondering how to back up/save our dictionaries for auto correct and auto text.  I would like to back it up on a disc so if my computer bites the dust, I will still have all of my entries.  I would hate to have to put them all in all over again and I would be lost without them.  TIA and have a great day!! ...

Microsoft Email
Oct 15, 2010

Well now Microsoft wants us to change our passwords before 10/17.  Anyone know how to do this?  Also have 19 updates to do. Everytime I do these it changes my Microsoft Email to version 2003.  Anyone else have these problems?  Thanks. ...

Microsoft Word, Need To Buy
Mar 11, 2012

I need to buy 2003 standard, professional or 2007 or 2010.  None of them can be the student version.  Does anyone know if there is a free trial available or where I can purchase this at a reasonable rate?  I'm checking ebay and I'm watching two right now, but I'm open to other ideas! ...

Microsoft Updates
Nov 19, 2014

Just had a weird thing happen to me. On Tuesdays they typically send out Microsoft updates which are usually to see if you have any kind of virus on your computer. Usually, this only takes a few minutes to configure my computer and this time, I thought it never would stop. Honestly, it was at least an hour to configure my computer. I think something is wrong. The only other thing I updated was Adobe Flash. Anyway, it was weird and scary. Thought I was not going to be able to do an ...

2 1/2 Month Old
Aug 01, 2011

How do you type out 2 1/2 month old at the beginning of a sentence? Where exactly is it hypenated? Thanks ...

MTs/MME Of The Month
Jun 21, 2012

I wonder if anyone knows just how little of a damn I give.  I really, honestly, truly from the depths of my heart and soul just really don't give a damn. OK, there.  I said it.  ...

May Is MT Month!!
May 06, 2014

May is MT Month and we are celebrating it by allowing you to volunteer to take some continuing education.  It is highly important that we take care of the patient and account (or we will lose them to another MTSO).  You will not receive a thank you, no china-manufactured clock or pen for your hard work, just work harder and waste more of your time so we can pay you less and treat you like dirt.  By the way, we are going to monitor your every keystroke and if you are not giving us ...

Can Anybody Tell Me Which Month Is
Jun 07, 2014

Thanks. ...

MICROSOFT WORD 2000
Dec 02, 2011

Some time ago I purchased a Microsoft Word 2000 and I have lost my product code key...any suggests on getting another product key code...someone please help, I really need this for work. ...

Microsoft Word 2003???
Feb 22, 2013

I just got a new computer and am trying to find a downloadable version of Microsoft Word (ideally 2003, which is what is on my old computer) or even 2008 or 2010.  I had found a downloadable version of this for $39.99 a couple of months ago, but I didn't bookmark it and now can't find it.  When I go to the Microsoft website, the only downloadable version I can find is apparently their new Office 365.   TIA to anyone who can help :-) ...

Microsoft Office 2013
Feb 27, 2013

It's time for a new PC, and I found a great deal on a brand new one that comes loaded with MS-Office 2013.  It took forever to get used to 2010.  Anyone here had experience with 2013?  Pros and cons, please.  ...

$10 A Month For Using Co.'s Server?
Apr 14, 2010

Just received a job offer as an IC...the pay is pretty low at 0.575 cpl (increasing to 0.6 once off QA).  Will probably accept this job as a 2nd part-time job...have another paying 0.07 cpl, but the owner doesn't pay on time and doesn't respond to my e-mails about it, either. Has anyone ever heard of having to pay $10 a month to the company for use of their server in order to download .wav files though?  That seemed a little odd to me. I am happy to discuss via private mess ...

PE On A 6 1/1 Month Old Infant.
Jun 16, 2010

doc is dicating PE for a 6 1/2 month old male. doc goes through vitals such as temp, heart rate, respirations, and then is saying something like definity percent on room air. Any ideas what difinity percent on room air could be??   ...

We Will Be A Different Company At End Of This Month.
Aug 17, 2011

Makes me sick reading this article which just came out a few hours ago.  This company is rolling in the money (OUR MONEY they make from our production) and we are just letting it all go to India.  I have had enough of this!!! http://www.marketwatch.com/story/medquist-holdings-reports-second-quarter-results-2011-08-15?reflink=MW_news_stmp We continue to build capacity in India and steadily migrate customer implementations to reach our goal of 50% of volumes by year-end, ...

How Do You Get MT Of The Month Thing
Jan 23, 2013

I want a $50 gift card.  I have never gotten this although I consistently have 99 to 100% accuracy and do double the average for production.  What does it take to get this stupid gift card? ...

Oh Boy...first Audit For The Month With The New POD
Dec 01, 2014

for the month of November and I scored a 99.42.  I wonder when I will hear about this...I have a feeling they are going to be tough on everything.  Just fire me already...put me out of my misery!  LOL   ...

You Employees Of The Month, Would You Please
Mar 01, 2015

tell me, besides just the satisfaction of doing a good job, what will you ever get for your loyalty and hard work for a company? See, it used to be in corporations, the people who did above and beyond their expected work got bonuses, raises, promotions, etc. Tell me what you will get for your excellent work ethic except more of the same with no hope of anything else. It is virtually just a slap on the back and an "atta boy." Not only that, but they will then expect more of you at the same compen ...

Is Learning Microsoft Word 7 Difficult?
Oct 17, 2009

I have never used this for doing MT.  ...

Ever Known A Company To Not Accept OEM Microsoft Versions?
Jul 03, 2010

I want to buy an OEM version of Microsoft Office on Ebay, but I'm hesitant because I'm worried it won't be compatible with my company's software. I asked my company, of course, but it will be a wait because it's the weekend. I just wanted to see if any of you have ever come across a company that did not accept the OEM version of Microsoft Word or Office. Thanks! ...

What's The Best Place To Buy Microsoft Office 2003? Nm
May 29, 2010

nm ...

Issue With Microsoft Word 2003
Oct 21, 2010

When I have more than one window up in Microsoft Word, I will go to close one window, and Word will make me save all the windows. Is there a way to change this so that I can close one window without having to do anything to the others? Word 2000 didn't have this issue. ...

Printing Microsoft Autocorrect Entries
Dec 06, 2010

How can I print my Autocorrect Entries from Word?  ...

Help With Emdat/Microsoft Word 2010 PLEASE
May 20, 2011

When I bullet something after a heading it is creating a space between the heading and the first bullet. I have tried everything that I know of to remove this line so that the first bullet is immediately underneath the heading but I cannot get rid of this line. Can someone help me please?????   TIA ...

Any Microsoft Word 2010 Experts Out There?
Feb 23, 2013

I just downloaded a free trial of a medical/pharmaceutical dictionary and when I went to import it into my custom dictionaries, it says it must be converted to a Unicode document before importing. I'm confused...Does anyone know what this means or how to "convert" it to Unicode?  I'm totally  new to MSO 2010, so any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! ...