A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Microsoft Office 2013 - time2buy

Posted: Feb 27, 2013

It's time for a new PC, and I found a great deal on a brand new one that comes loaded with MS-Office 2013.  It took forever to get used to 2010.  Anyone here had experience with 2013?  Pros and cons, please.  Undecided

I like it better! - hypotypo

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't think there's a lot of changes - not so many that you can't pick them up quickly anyway. The thing I like best is the way the cursor and words just glide on the page (don't know how to explain it; you'll know what I mean when you type in it). Overall, just as good, if not better than 2010. I haven't played with it in depth but, from what I've learned so far, it's great!

MS-Office 2013 - time2buy

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you, hypotypo! I've just learned some fabulous news, that as a full time employee at our local university, I get to buy Office 2013 for $9.95 for home use! Otherwise, it would be $160 in the stores and online. Now that I've heard that you like it, I'm definitely ordering it.

Similar Messages:

Need To Convert From Office 2013 To Office 2010
Apr 26, 2014

I'm starting with a new company next week.  My Windows 7 PC has Office 2013 Professional.  The new company's platform is only compatible with 2010 or earlier.  I don't have the money to spend on 2010, so I'll either have to decline the offer or try to find a way to install 2010 cheaply.  I thought I might be able to download a version for free, since it's not the newest version, but it doesn't look like I can do that.  Any ideas? ...

Companies Compatible With Office 2013
Jun 04, 2014

I've noticed that some companies are insisting on 2007 or 2010 Office systems, depending on what their platforms support.  I currently work for a company whose platform is compatible with Office 2013, which is what I have on my PC, but we're running out of work more and more.  I need to find another company that will accept Office 2013.  Are there are any others out there? ...

Medical Spell Check For Office 2013
Oct 04, 2014

I just bought a computer with Office 2013 and want a medical spell check on it. Any suggestions? ...

What's The Best Place To Buy Microsoft Office 2003? Nm
May 29, 2010

nm ...

Where To Buy Microsoft Office Pro 2010 Cheaply?
Jan 19, 2015

i saw this question on the Classifieds board, but nobody answered. I'd like to know the answer too. Does anyone know where I can buy an inexpensive copy of Microsoft Office Professional 2010 at a reasonable price? ...

Microsoft Office 2010 Professional
Jan 27, 2015

I recently graduated as a medical transcriptionist.  I am currently researching a few companies and am close to applying.  I keep reading that most require Microsoft Office Professional 2007 or 2010.  I have found prices from $150 to $699 which has left me concerned about what I should buy.  Can anyone clear up my confusion?  Thanks! Joyce ...

Career Step Microsoft Office Courses
Jul 06, 2013

I want to increase my Microsoft Office skills. My local community college has classes in it, but I don't know if I would be able to make it work around my work schedule. Which is unfortunate because it would be fully paid through a scholarship. Career Step has Microsoft Office training that of course I could do any time through distance learning. Does anyone know anything about these courses, and if they're good or not? I wouldn't choose Career Step for coding or MT training, but ...

Microsoft Word 2007 Office Version
Apr 16, 2014

I am in need of finding a good site to purchase MS Word 2007 Full Version.  Here is the reason:  I was working for a company and noted I had not received work in 2 days.  Then contacted TL.  She then informed me that the account I was assigned to that work was no longer available at that facilty.  Nice of them to tell me.  I babysat that computer for 2 days.  It was soooo nice of them of giving me the heads up.   Now they tell me that they can put me on a ...

Question About Purchasing Microsoft Office 2003 Off Ebay.
Apr 22, 2012

I recently bought a laptop and need to at least install Word on it so I can use it for work, but I don't want to pay a fortune and would really prefer to install an older version of Word, i.e. 2003.  I looked on ebay and I see lots of Microsoft Office 2003 software for sell, but also see some confusing things like OEM versions being sold with a piece of hardware as per ebay and microsoft rules.  So I guess my question is if I buy OEM software with the corresponding hardware, can I ...

Need Help With Macros/auto Text In Microsoft Office 7 Professional Version
Oct 08, 2010

I will start working from home as an MT next week, however have discovered that the software (Microsoft Office 7, Professional Version) required by the company is quite different from 2003 version.  I have used autotext for years when transcribing by simply highlighting and saving to keyboard strokes easy to remember, but the 07 version has several other names for autotext like building blocks, etc, and will only allow 255 characters.  I have tried setting up a macro, as well with diff ...

Shortcut Keys Microsoft Office 2007 Home And Student
Sep 25, 2014

Recently got new computer with windows 7 (old one had Vista) and put my word office 2007 home and student back on ...my shortcut keys (like F7) for spellcheck are not working...and I want to get the spellcheck visible on the task bar...any ideas how I can fix? Thanks!! ...

Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 Vs Microsoft Ergo 4000
Jun 27, 2013

Getting ready to buy a new keyboard and trying to decide between these 2 models. Has anyone used both and can compare them?  Does the CC 3000 really provide relief for the wrists?  I've heard good things about the 4000 but it looks so...LARGE, lol! Any input appreciated before I click the "buy it now" feature! ...

Nothing But Office Notes And Office Letters With No ADT Tonight And Last Night. A Recipe For Perfor
Mar 08, 2014

Numerous cc's not in the database which have to be added, address and all. Short reports, of course, that take 3x longer than the dictation time. Just shoot me now. I can't wait until I get a new job! Came close today - job lead was 1/2 day too late. :-( Hopefully the other person won't work out :-} ...

2013 CPT
Oct 11, 2013

Looking for CPT code for excision of 1.5 cm perianal cyst.  Anyone?  ...

2013 Income
Jan 02, 2014

So how did everyone do this year working as an MT? I earned about $36,000. Wished it was more :( ...

Anyone Use MS Word 2013? What
Oct 30, 2014

Is it pretty much the same as 2007 and 2010?  ...

2013 New Pay Compensation Programs
Dec 12, 2012

I just listened to the recording and now i'm wondering how is my pay going to be determined.  See my account holds clinic and acute care mixed all together.  So which rate will I be paid and why is it that nobody can answer this question w/in the company that I have asked thus far. I also love that in the beginning of the recording on the presentation is states that we will be compensated for ALL time spent typing and editing to include research, proofing and demographics.  ...

2013 Pulse Survey - Sm
Aug 09, 2013

Oh, please! ...

2013 HIPPA, How Does That Apply To ICs
Aug 25, 2013

Just saw a posting below where this year we would have a title of business associate instead of ICs. What does this mean to us in any way. I only know the very basics of HIPPA, not how this would differ now. Thanks. ...

AIHMA / Atlanta 2013
Oct 21, 2013

I was at MModal's website and saw that the AIHMA convention is actually going to be in Atlanta next week.  I live in Atlanta and was wondering if anyone has ever been to one of these conventions?   It looks like it mostly pertains to coding and upper management, but several companies are going to have booths there.  They have a 1-day hall expo pass for $75.  I'm just wondering if it might be worth my while to go.  I thought it might be worthwhile just to get a ...

Oh, BROTHER! AHDI's Email About ACE 2013
Apr 05, 2013

AHDI is encouraging me to seek financial support from my employer so I can go to the annual convention this year.  Is this email a joke?  I can't even make a living wage from my employer so I can eat and pay the bills.  What's wrong with these people??? ...

Input From Word 2013 Users
May 12, 2013

Is Word 2013 backwards compatible with Word 97-2003? I  am having to upgrade to a new computer since my work computer just died after several years.  If I get Word 2013, will the hospital and clinics be able to read the documents?  They are running Word 97-2003.  I was previously using Word 2010 and had no issues.  Is it possible to just buy a new license for my disc of Word 2010 after using up the three installs? ...

ADVANCE 2013 Salary Survey
Oct 17, 2013

The ADVANCE Salary Survey is available to participate in and includes asking salary information about medical transcriptionists. Link is below to participate.   ...

Recent (as Of 11/12/2013) Information On Babbletype
Nov 13, 2013

I tested with the company and about 2-3 weeks later, received an email from them stating I had done well on their test and was offered employment as an IC.  In order to test for them, I had to install Google Chrome (making for a total of 4 internet browsers now on my computer).  I felt the testing procedure was a bit cumbersome, but managed to muddle my way through it.  However, the test was a piece of cake, when compared to actually working for this company.  You HAVE to use ...

Outlook 2013 Email Question
Nov 19, 2013

Hope someone can help me with this one.  I recently updated to Windows 8 and Office 2013.  As of about five days ago my deleted messages are NOT showing up in the deleted items folder.  Not sure if I inadvertently changed a setting, or what the problem could be.  I'm using Comcast email, IMAP account.     Thanks!!!  ...

Help! Need New Line Count Software With MS 2013
Feb 02, 2014

Hi. I just switched computers this week (grumble) and my old linecount software doesn't work. I need a line count software (easy to use, cheap? free?) that works with Microsoft Word 2013.  Any ideas?  thanks ...

Is The Only Way To Purchase MS Word 2010 Or 2013
Oct 30, 2014

Need to buy MS Word for my new job.  However, when I purchased the 2007 version online it was an "academic version" only.  Can't use that.  I guess I have to buy a newer version, like 2010 or 2013, but it seems like the only way to do that is via download and then you pay a subscription of ??? per month or year?  This is fine by me IF the company will allow that.  I just want it to be legal and a licensed full version...obviously the one I purchased online was NOT.& ...

Has Anyone Using Express Scribe Along With Word 2013 Had (sm)
Nov 25, 2014

any trouble with Word not responding.  This happened to me a couple months ago, Geek Squad saw nothing wrong, it stopped happening and then today it happened 3 times within an hour.  Unfortunately I have to terminate the program, lose my work, reboot the system (or it will be extremely sluggish) and then it works fine. I am wondering if it has something to do with FileFort Backup or FastFox which downloaded when I purchased Express Scribe.  Any help would be appreciated! ...

New Graduate March 2013 And Unable To Find A MT Job
Aug 24, 2013

I would like to know how anyone who graduates from Career Step and can not find a job for a MT...I am a graduate of March this year however not with honors. But still every job I have read you need three years experience or more. Very upset all the money put out for extensions, etc and it was a waste of life and time.. Any suggestions on places who give graduates a chance?? ...

Resolve To Make A Fresh Start For 2013! Map Your Career Path With Nuance Transcription Services
Jan 05, 2013

Resolve to make a fresh start for 2013! Map your career path with Nuance Transcription Services!  As if I any one in their right mind wants to work for a company with such high standards that they are unattainable to most.   This underpaying J.O.B. is really not blowing my skirt up anymore!   ...