A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000 vs Microsoft Ergo 4000 - Anyone tried both?

Posted: Jun 27, 2013

Getting ready to buy a new keyboard and trying to decide between these 2 models.

Has anyone used both and can compare them?  Does the CC 3000 really provide relief for the wrists?  I've heard good things about the 4000 but it looks so...LARGE, lol!

Any input appreciated before I click the "buy it now" feature!

This may be too late, but... - please see message.

[ In Reply To ..]
if you go with the MS Ergo 4000, make sure you can return it if necessary. I just bought one today and the space bar is really wonky and takes a lot of pressure on the sides. It is okay if pressing directly in the middle. While looking for a fix, I found out this is a pretty common problem with this model. If you already ordered it, hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones that gets a perfect one. I finally have mine in acceptable working condition for now, but am looking for something else.

Thank you - I did order the 4000

[ In Reply To ..]
I got it new for $25 with free shipping off of Ebay, so it won't be a huge loss if it turns out to be problematic.

I had the same problem you're describing with the spacebar on another brand of keyboard. It wasn't Logitech but some other ergo brand. That was when I worked in-house so I just turned it back in and got another brand, but, you're right, spacebar "stickiness" is horrible. My wrists all the way up into my shoulders hurt at the end of every shift. I gave it 2-3 days, thinking it was just me, but then realized it was the keyboard. Yikes...these things are supposed to be ergonomic so it's kind of self-defeating to have to slam on the spacebar, lol!

Thanks for the heads-up!

Similar Messages:

Microsoft 4000 Keyboard Versus Logitech
Aug 28, 2014

i have been using the Microsoft 4000 keyboard for quite a few years now and love the shape and features, but it doesn't seem to last more then 5 or 6 months, so when it starts acting up I just order a new one off Amazon and keep the replacement close by until the old one dies.  When looking tonight for my next replacement, I spotted the Logitech wave combo mk550 wireless with a wireless mouse.  The keyboard is just a little different but the wireless part appeals to me.  I wo ...

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 - Source?
Nov 14, 2013

Anyone know where I can get a new Microsoft Natural Ergo Keyboard 4000  for under $37.  Checked eBay, Google and Google shopping.    Thanks! ...

Comfort Curve 2000 Keeps Disconnecting!!
Sep 24, 2010

All day today I've been having a problem with my keyboard disconnecting.  When I remove/replace the plug, it'll reconnect for a little while, sometimes good for hours, sometimes only a few seconds.  I know it's not the USB outlet because I've tried them all w/the keyboard and it still happens.  I did update the driver and the optional windows update for it but it didn't make a difference.  I've also hooked it up to another computer and it doesn&# ...

MICROSOFT WORD HELP
Sep 19, 2010

I have what may sound like a stupid question.  I was wondering how to back up/save our dictionaries for auto correct and auto text.  I would like to back it up on a disc so if my computer bites the dust, I will still have all of my entries.  I would hate to have to put them all in all over again and I would be lost without them.  TIA and have a great day!! ...

Microsoft Email
Oct 15, 2010

Well now Microsoft wants us to change our passwords before 10/17.  Anyone know how to do this?  Also have 19 updates to do. Everytime I do these it changes my Microsoft Email to version 2003.  Anyone else have these problems?  Thanks. ...

Microsoft Word, Need To Buy
Mar 11, 2012

I need to buy 2003 standard, professional or 2007 or 2010.  None of them can be the student version.  Does anyone know if there is a free trial available or where I can purchase this at a reasonable rate?  I'm checking ebay and I'm watching two right now, but I'm open to other ideas! ...

Microsoft Updates
Nov 19, 2014

Just had a weird thing happen to me. On Tuesdays they typically send out Microsoft updates which are usually to see if you have any kind of virus on your computer. Usually, this only takes a few minutes to configure my computer and this time, I thought it never would stop. Honestly, it was at least an hour to configure my computer. I think something is wrong. The only other thing I updated was Adobe Flash. Anyway, it was weird and scary. Thought I was not going to be able to do an ...

MICROSOFT WORD 2000
Dec 02, 2011

Some time ago I purchased a Microsoft Word 2000 and I have lost my product code key...any suggests on getting another product key code...someone please help, I really need this for work. ...

Microsoft Word 2003???
Feb 22, 2013

I just got a new computer and am trying to find a downloadable version of Microsoft Word (ideally 2003, which is what is on my old computer) or even 2008 or 2010.  I had found a downloadable version of this for $39.99 a couple of months ago, but I didn't bookmark it and now can't find it.  When I go to the Microsoft website, the only downloadable version I can find is apparently their new Office 365.   TIA to anyone who can help :-) ...

Microsoft Office 2013
Feb 27, 2013

It's time for a new PC, and I found a great deal on a brand new one that comes loaded with MS-Office 2013.  It took forever to get used to 2010.  Anyone here had experience with 2013?  Pros and cons, please.  ...

Microsoft Dumping XP Next Month.
Mar 16, 2014

That is what I have with no problems and I am not looking forward to revamping this computer. ...

Is Learning Microsoft Word 7 Difficult?
Oct 17, 2009

I have never used this for doing MT.  ...

Ever Known A Company To Not Accept OEM Microsoft Versions?
Jul 03, 2010

I want to buy an OEM version of Microsoft Office on Ebay, but I'm hesitant because I'm worried it won't be compatible with my company's software. I asked my company, of course, but it will be a wait because it's the weekend. I just wanted to see if any of you have ever come across a company that did not accept the OEM version of Microsoft Word or Office. Thanks! ...

What's The Best Place To Buy Microsoft Office 2003? Nm
May 29, 2010

nm ...

Issue With Microsoft Word 2003
Oct 21, 2010

When I have more than one window up in Microsoft Word, I will go to close one window, and Word will make me save all the windows. Is there a way to change this so that I can close one window without having to do anything to the others? Word 2000 didn't have this issue. ...

Printing Microsoft Autocorrect Entries
Dec 06, 2010

How can I print my Autocorrect Entries from Word?  ...

Help With Emdat/Microsoft Word 2010 PLEASE
May 20, 2011

When I bullet something after a heading it is creating a space between the heading and the first bullet. I have tried everything that I know of to remove this line so that the first bullet is immediately underneath the heading but I cannot get rid of this line. Can someone help me please?????   TIA ...

Any Microsoft Word 2010 Experts Out There?
Feb 23, 2013

I just downloaded a free trial of a medical/pharmaceutical dictionary and when I went to import it into my custom dictionaries, it says it must be converted to a Unicode document before importing. I'm confused...Does anyone know what this means or how to "convert" it to Unicode?  I'm totally  new to MSO 2010, so any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! ...

Scam Claiming To Be Part Of Microsoft.
Apr 19, 2013

I got a call today from this number 516-673-0621. They claimed to be from Microsoft and said they had received messages that I was getting error warnings on my computer and offered to help me fix it. They took me to this website www.teamviewer.com which would allow them to get into my computer and fix the problem. I have worked with Microsoft tech support-this is not how they do things. I always contact Microsoft first and they call me back to fix any problems. I told the man I wasn't going ...

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Substitute
Feb 12, 2014

Now that they apparently no longer make the Microsoft Natural ergo keyboard (the original one), I am my wits' end knowing what to do.  My old one finally bit the dust.  I have arthritis and really depended on that keyboard.  Does anyone know of a good substitute?  (It cannot be wireless.)  Thanks so much in advance. ...

Well Here I Am With XP, IE8 And Outlook And Microsoft Will No Longer Support
Mar 16, 2014

them after next month.  I wasnt reallly counting in all this new equiipment that I probably will have to buy.  What can I do without spending a ton of money.  I am thinking just to keep doing this and what happens happens. ...

Importing Autocorrect In Microsoft Word
May 07, 2014

I'm starting a new job using escription and I was wondering if I need to create a file of autocorrect commands that I can import into escription or if they'll automatically be there when I log in.    Thanks! ...

Microsoft Word Home And Student
Jan 14, 2015

Can you use the Microsoft Word Home and Student version with the Nuance platforms? ...

Where To Buy Microsoft Office Pro 2010 Cheaply?
Jan 19, 2015

i saw this question on the Classifieds board, but nobody answered. I'd like to know the answer too. Does anyone know where I can buy an inexpensive copy of Microsoft Office Professional 2010 at a reasonable price? ...

ISO Of Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Jan 26, 2015

My spacebar died, bought one off e-Bay, that did not last very long either.  They now say the Elite keyboards are "Vintage" charging over $100 for one new.  Thanks ...

Microsoft Office 2010 Professional
Jan 27, 2015

I recently graduated as a medical transcriptionist.  I am currently researching a few companies and am close to applying.  I keep reading that most require Microsoft Office Professional 2007 or 2010.  I have found prices from $150 to $699 which has left me concerned about what I should buy.  Can anyone clear up my confusion?  Thanks! Joyce ...

Microsoft Word 2007 Shortcut Keys
Oct 23, 2009

In Microsoft word 2007, under view, you can increase the percentage of the document from 100% and in my case to 140%.  My question is, is there a shortcut key for this?  Thanks. ...

Microsoft Word 2007 - How To Get It To Single Space
Mar 04, 2010

I have a test to do in Word-2007 and it's double spacing and I can't figure out how to get it to single space.  Thanks everyone. ...

Well I Just Checked A Report Against Microsoft Word Document Sm
Sep 06, 2010

and always MQ gave us more even just a little more in line count.  My line count was less than what it was in Microsoft.  So we are not getting paid for something.  Need to get out of this company and fast! ...

Dictaphone Transnet Not Working After Microsoft Updates
Oct 18, 2010

I have recently had to use system restore on several machines after Microsoft Updates were installed becuase Dictaphone Transnet would not work afterwards. Has anyone else seen this issue? If so, does anyone know which patch(es) cause the problem? Thanks in advance. ...