A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any Microsoft Word 2010 experts out there? - Help!

Posted: Feb 23, 2013

I just downloaded a free trial of a medical/pharmaceutical dictionary and when I went to import it into my custom dictionaries, it says it must be converted to a Unicode document before importing.

I'm confused...Does anyone know what this means or how to "convert" it to Unicode?  I'm totally  new to MSO 2010, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

I have no idea but maybe google converting to Unicode - or somthing similar might tell ya. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

save it as a text document - Snow Bunny (the original)

[ In Reply To ..]
The CUSTOM.DIC file for Word 2003 is just a text file, so I'm sure the one for Word 2010 would be the same.

Similar Messages:

Help With Emdat/Microsoft Word 2010 PLEASE
May 20, 2011

When I bullet something after a heading it is creating a space between the heading and the first bullet. I have tried everything that I know of to remove this line so that the first bullet is immediately underneath the heading but I cannot get rid of this line. Can someone help me please?????   TIA ...

Word 2010 - Change My Font And Spacing In Word 2010
May 09, 2015

I have to change my font and spacing in Word 2010. How do you change it so that it takes the settings for every document I create. I want it defaulted to Times New Roman and it keeps bringing up Calibri. Thanks for any help! ...

Where To Buy Microsoft Office Pro 2010 Cheaply?
Jan 19, 2015

i saw this question on the Classifieds board, but nobody answered. I'd like to know the answer too. Does anyone know where I can buy an inexpensive copy of Microsoft Office Professional 2010 at a reasonable price? ...

Microsoft Office 2010 Professional
Jan 27, 2015

I recently graduated as a medical transcriptionist.  I am currently researching a few companies and am close to applying.  I keep reading that most require Microsoft Office Professional 2007 or 2010.  I have found prices from $150 to $699 which has left me concerned about what I should buy.  Can anyone clear up my confusion?  Thanks! Joyce ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

Is It Possible To Upgrade Microsoft Word 2000 To Word 2003?
Jul 01, 2010

I have Microsoft Word 2003. Is it possible to upgrade it online to Word 2003? A company I worked for for a short time did it. If it's possible, can someone give me the link? I looked on Microsoft.com but don't see it. ...

In Microsoft Word, Is There A Way To Find A Particular Word In A Document? I Have 20 Pages And I Nee
Mar 01, 2011

. ...

Do We Have Any Experts On Setting Macros In Word? Sm
Nov 13, 2010

My account has capped and bolded headings.  For some reason, VR NEVER bolds.  I guess it isn't capable of doing so!  Is there any way to set up a macro to bold like maybe all headings or bold words in caps or anything like that? Even bold from the : to the beginning of the line maybe? I can't seem to figure out how to set this up.  There used to be a webpage for help with macros and shortcuts but I don't recall what it was.  Does anyone know what I am tal ...

Need To Convert Word 2013 To Word 2010
May 20, 2014

The MTSO that has hired me needs me to have Office 2010 Professional, whereas I have Office 2013 Professional.  They said the only reason 2013 won't work is because of the Word version.  I remember sometime back that there was a way to set your Word version to a previous version with the push of a button.  I've searched the internet for clues, but all I see are instructions for converting 2007 to 2003.  Nothing about converting 2013 to 2010.  If I can't ge ...

WORD 2010 - Right Click On A Word For Search
Jul 09, 2014

This may be one of those, "well, everybody knows that," or not? In my system: When in Word 2010 if you right click on a word a drop down pops up and you can click on "look up" and it goes to the internet and looks up these words and gives info in a box on the right.  Very helpful. ...

MICROSOFT WORD HELP
Sep 19, 2010

I have what may sound like a stupid question.  I was wondering how to back up/save our dictionaries for auto correct and auto text.  I would like to back it up on a disc so if my computer bites the dust, I will still have all of my entries.  I would hate to have to put them all in all over again and I would be lost without them.  TIA and have a great day!! ...

Microsoft Word, Need To Buy
Mar 11, 2012

I need to buy 2003 standard, professional or 2007 or 2010.  None of them can be the student version.  Does anyone know if there is a free trial available or where I can purchase this at a reasonable rate?  I'm checking ebay and I'm watching two right now, but I'm open to other ideas! ...

Word 2010 - Is It Possible To Still Buy A DVD?
Feb 13, 2015

I am looking for Microsoft office with word 2010. Is it possible to still buy a DVD? All I can find are downloads and I am a little hesitant to do it this way. ...

MICROSOFT WORD 2000
Dec 02, 2011

Some time ago I purchased a Microsoft Word 2000 and I have lost my product code key...any suggests on getting another product key code...someone please help, I really need this for work. ...

Microsoft Word 2003???
Feb 22, 2013

I just got a new computer and am trying to find a downloadable version of Microsoft Word (ideally 2003, which is what is on my old computer) or even 2008 or 2010.  I had found a downloadable version of this for $39.99 a couple of months ago, but I didn't bookmark it and now can't find it.  When I go to the Microsoft website, the only downloadable version I can find is apparently their new Office 365.   TIA to anyone who can help :-) ...

Having To Migrate To Word 2010
Dec 10, 2010

Anyone have any problems migrating to Word 2010 from 2000?  Want to upgrade to finally step into the new decade but had problems migrating my AutoText in 2007.  Anyone have problems and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks   ...

Autotext Word 2010
Aug 24, 2011

Does anyone know if Word 2010 has autotext, I can't seem to find it.  Thanks ...

NEED MS Word 2007 Or 2010
Sep 13, 2013

Does anyone know where I can get MS Word 2007 or 2010 CHEAP?  The company I am hiring on with requires these versions.  Can't be the student or home versions either.  I have upgraded my computer to their requirements and that cost me an arm and a leg and now I need to get the correct MS Word program installed.  I simply can't afford much.  I've been without work too long in this rapidly declining profession I've been in for 30 years.  I'm ki ...

Word 2010 And Columns
Oct 01, 2013

When working with Word 2010 and 2 columns how to type in the first one independent of the 2nd column. ...

MS Word 2007 Or 2010
Apr 13, 2014

I need to purchase this online with an instant download but all the different sites are so confusing and I'm afraid to get scammed.  Has anyone ever had to download this and where did you get it from? Help please! ...

Word 2010 Question
May 13, 2014

I hope someone out there can help me with this.  Thanks to Microsoft no longer supporting XP I now have a new computer and a new Word 2010 program.  Does anyone out there know how to disable superscript ( for instanct March 12th) when it makes the "th" small and up high.  Also, does anyone know how to turn off the fraction thing where it messes up the way I type the fractions?  Thanks in advance.  I have looked everywhere for these...  ...

Is Learning Microsoft Word 7 Difficult?
Oct 17, 2009

I have never used this for doing MT.  ...

Issue With Microsoft Word 2003
Oct 21, 2010

When I have more than one window up in Microsoft Word, I will go to close one window, and Word will make me save all the windows. Is there a way to change this so that I can close one window without having to do anything to the others? Word 2000 didn't have this issue. ...

Importing Autocorrect In Microsoft Word
May 07, 2014

I'm starting a new job using escription and I was wondering if I need to create a file of autocorrect commands that I can import into escription or if they'll automatically be there when I log in.    Thanks! ...

Microsoft Word Home And Student
Jan 14, 2015

Can you use the Microsoft Word Home and Student version with the Nuance platforms? ...

AutoCorrect MS Word 2002 To 2010
Aug 04, 2010

Hi all, Has anyone found a way to transfer their autocorrect from MS Word 2002 or 2003 up to the new 2010?  I pray for answers.... TIF. ...

How To Create A Macros In The New Word 2010?
Nov 21, 2010

Does anyone know how to create a macros in the new Word 2010?  I just got this new OS and and frustrated!  I need a jump code and can't get it to work.  ...

Word 2010 Jump Codes
Nov 23, 2010

Hi again.  So, I got the jump codes to work in my word documents by using ctl f9 but for whatever reason, it won't save on my template.  Anyone have any suggestions on this issue?  Also, how do I make a "macro" for numbering.... ??? ...

Microsft Word - How To Go From 2010 To 2007?
Mar 07, 2011

I have MS Word 2010, but all the jobs I have applied for require Word 2003 or 2007.  How can I change my version of Word (I am assuming I would have to buy MS Word 2003 or 2007)?  Or is it possible to have two versions on my computer? ...

Word 2010 Auto Text
May 28, 2011

I had entered MANY auto text entries a couple months ago and now they are all gone.  Is there a way to search for them or recover them?  This is a laptap that is new to me, as is word 2010, but I did manage to figure out how to enter all these auto texts, and now they're just gone.  I know that they did save initially because I used them, but now haven't been on the laptop for quite some time and they are all gone.  Any ideas what happened? ...